PDA

View Full Version : Albertsons

okie
07-27-2007, 07:51 AM
Is anyone elses Albertson's being taken over by Williams? I went there this morning because they were having one of their sales and I guess they have been bought out by Williams and I'm not liking it too much. Our Albertson's has a gas station and they are the cheapest in our town. That was all roped off so I guess that won't be there. They were putting their price tags on the shelves and still had Albertson's stickers. Well Williams prices are actually more lol! I just left the store because it was so crazy in there and half the stuff I needed wasn't even out.

buttrfli
07-27-2007, 08:46 AM
Ours are being taken over by reasors.

Well, I don't know if they are being "taken over" but I know reasors is moving into the old albertsons stores.

I know there was something on the news not long ago about albertsons, but I didn't pay much attention lol

lymi
07-27-2007, 11:45 AM
Ours in Texas just totally shut down. My daughter was a cake decorator there for 4 years. She's gonna get a job elsewhere, but reallly liked it there.

PrincessArky
07-27-2007, 11:54 AM
oh god ours is a bit of drive but go there whenever I am in that town I hope they dont change I love their meat dept

okie
07-27-2007, 01:38 PM
It's not too bad for me because I have another store that I go to that is actually cheaper. I just liked going there for their sales, the meat and fresh veggies and fruits.

justme23
07-27-2007, 02:30 PM
So far, one of the Albertsons in my immediate area (I'm just outside of DFW, TX, I could never know about them all) has closed down and one is still the same.

I did a search, though... and most of the hits that came up was about Albertsons buying Raleys in New Mexico and for Kroger to buy them in Vegas. Those were in June. I did another search though and came up w/ these:

http://www.retailworker.com/node/21439

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/business/256763_albertsons24.html

However, both of those were posted in January of 06... so maybe we're just now seeing the effects of the buyout?

tuggerbug
07-27-2007, 03:09 PM
The Albertsons here in Jax FL were bought by Rowe's. Now almost all of the Rowe's have been bought by Publix.

Lasher
07-27-2007, 07:00 PM
I have one around the corner from my house, gas in more expensive than anywhere else and normally the groceries too. Haven't seen anything about them leaving yet.