PDA

View Full Version : PayPal virtual debit card problems. Anyone else having problems with theirs?

Kyla Kym
07-21-2007, 12:34 PM
My isn't working right.
could you check to see if yours will generate a card or not?
Thanks!

Kyla Kym
07-21-2007, 01:11 PM
Am I the only one online right now that has this? :)

Shann
07-21-2007, 01:19 PM
sorry hon, i don't have this... hopefully someone will answer you

Starlady01
07-21-2007, 01:31 PM
I don't use it either alot of people here use prepaid credit cards. I'm sure some people use the paypal credit card someone will help you eventually.

How ever I've heard pay pal is good I just don't know know how their credit card programs works myself.

JKATHERINE
07-21-2007, 02:16 PM
I have never been able to get one. I click on the link in the help section and it just runs me in circles. I also emailed customer service regarding it and never got a response. It's my guess that they're no longer offering it...

Specialk
07-21-2007, 03:00 PM
Ok, what exactly kind of problem are you having with your paypal card? I have one and havent had any problems with it. Let me know what the problem is?

Kyla Kym
07-21-2007, 04:17 PM
Ok, what exactly kind of problem are you having with your paypal card? I have one and havent had any problems with it. Let me know what the problem is?

This is the virtual debit card that generates a new number everytime it's used.
You click on it on your computer and it will be a new number everytime you use it.

I've been able to use it until yesterday without any problems. It generated one yesterday morning, but hasn't did one since. It just acts like it's broken. I called paypal, and of course I get someone over seas that I can't even understand. He just keeps telling me that I'm signed up and that it should be working for me. That I need to turn my popup blocker on. Which sounds stupid to me. But regardless I looked through all my security settings, and I couldn't find anywhere that it had been blocked by any of my spyware/virus/or adware program. And as far as I could tell I had my popup blockers on (insert rolly eyeballs here)

Just to be sure, I installed it on my laptop because I hardly have any programs on it whatsoever and I get the same thing.....it's just not working right and I don't think it's on my end. That's why I was asking you guys if it was working for you.
Is that the same kind of card you have specialK? The virtual one? Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks for the replies everyone.

Specialk
07-21-2007, 05:06 PM
Hi,
Gosh, I wish I could help, the one I have is an actual plastic Paypal card that they issued to me. But there does seem to be a problem if you cant use it online, I honestly think its Paypal's problem, not yours. Are you sure theres money in your account in order for it to allow a new number? If I were you, I'd call em back and keep calling until it gets resolved or file a complaint with them. Dont let them make you think its your problem.

Kyla Kym
07-21-2007, 05:31 PM
Thanks Specialk :)
This one is a little different from the hard plastic kind. This one you can even use even if you don't have funds in your paypal account. It pulls the payment out of your bank account if there are no funds left in your paypal account to use. That's why I love using it. :)

ahippiechic
07-21-2007, 05:33 PM
I just used mine a few minutes ago and it worked fine for me.

seargent00
07-27-2007, 09:32 AM
could someone PM me a link to the application. I mean a real direct link. My profile page is messed up and clicking the virtual debit card link just refreshes my profile page under a different URL. Thanks!

JKATHERINE
07-27-2007, 10:43 AM
could someone PM me a link to the application. I mean a real direct link. My profile page is messed up and clicking the virtual debit card link just refreshes my profile page under a different URL. Thanks!

Mine does the same. I'm not sure they're offering it anymore...

heartlvrs
07-27-2007, 10:47 AM
i absolutely LOVE mine...i have it linked to my cking for backup:)

i have actual plastic card btw