PDA

View Full Version : Hostile woman I encountered in the bank parking lot today

andreame70
07-19-2007, 02:51 PM
So this afternoon, I drove into the bank parking lot to drop off my car payment at the drive up teller. As I made my way around the back of the building to pull into the drive-thru, I have to go by a row of parking spaces that are just outside the banks door. As I am pulling around, a woman in a silver colored car started backing out. I stopped but she kept backing up, Finally, I had no choice but to beep my horn so she knew that I was there. She was looking to her right and I was coming from her left. If I had not beeped the horn when I did, she would have hit me in the drivers side.

She stops when I beep the horn, so I go on around her and pull into the drive-thru lane. I am sitting there putting my payment slip and payment in the capsule thingy and she pulls around to the drive-thru lane on my right. She sits there and starts laying on her horn, she rolls down her window and begins screaming, cussing me out and flips me off! All of this with my 9 year old in the back seat watching. Lord knows I wanted to get out of my car and drag her out of her drivers side window, but I kept my calm and threw my hands up in the air as if to say, "what?" She calls me a f'ing B, points her finger at me and squalled tires as she pulled off.

What the hell is wrong with people? I guess she would have rather that I just stopped, did nothing and let her hit me with her car. That is what would have happened if I had not beeped at her.

Andrea

turbob
07-19-2007, 03:00 PM
Wow, people are nuts! Sorry you had to deal with that - geesh!

freeby4me
07-19-2007, 03:09 PM
Yikes! Good thing for her your *son* was in the car!! I probably woulda jumped out and pummelled her. :rolling *sorry I thought it was your daughter, my bad*

DestinysGrandma
07-19-2007, 03:10 PM
In Oregon there is a law against road rage, don't know how common this is anywhere else but, it is a good idea. I always try to get license plate numbers of jerks like that although i have never called....lol...i feel like i am stooping to their level. (((hugs))) you sound like you needed one!

Jackie_Blu
07-19-2007, 03:15 PM
Don't let it get to you, hon, there are tons of ppl out there like that. Sorry you and your 9 yr old had to experience it. It sounds like you are like me and when these things happen you tend to take it personally and it eats at you, right? The truth is, she was gonna go off at someone, anyone, for whatever reason and you happened to be there. Im proud of you for coming here to vent instead of yankin her outta the car and beating her to a pulp. lol

andreame70
07-19-2007, 04:17 PM
It sounds like you are like me and when these things happen you tend to take it personally and it eats at you, right?

I wouldn't really say it eats at me, it is just a pet peeve of mine about drivers that do this kind of stuff. I have had people cut me off in traffic, almost take out the front of my car, then get totally pissed off at me when I happen to beep the horn at them for doing it. It's not like I go around beeping the horn for the heck of it. If I beep it at someone it's for a reason, lol.

In hindsight, I am glad that she didn't escalate it any further by getting out of her car and coming after me. I would have had to defend myself and it would not have been an appropriate situation for my son to be in. But, in a way I wish she had approached me so I could of asked her if she would have rather me not beep, but let her hit me instead. Oh well, all's well that ends well I suppose.

Qtxann315
07-19-2007, 04:35 PM
See I thought you were right in honking. Too many people think that honking relates to F(*& You, but its really a courtesy thing. You were just giving her a sign saying hey, you should probably look out and be careful. Some people take it the wrong way.

ahippiechic
07-19-2007, 04:58 PM
If you hadn't beeped and she had backed into you, she would probably have been pissed that you didn't beep to let her know you were there!

andreame70
07-19-2007, 06:10 PM
If you hadn't beeped and she had backed into you, she would probably have been pissed that you didn't beep to let her know you were there!

You're right hippie. It was a no win situation either way :2in1:

Shann
07-19-2007, 07:41 PM
what a mess... hopefully you'll never have to see her again. :hug

suprtruckr
07-19-2007, 09:22 PM
not to mention the fact it would have been hard to get an accident report as you were on private property, in some areas the police won't even make a report just for that reason

iluvmybaby
07-20-2007, 09:25 AM

It is all your fault, either way :slap PPL like that are just pissed off about everything in the world, it is a no win situation .... Glad that you nor your son were hurt, it could've escalated for physical violence...

quietvixsin
07-20-2007, 10:23 AM
Hmmmm it may just be me, but I think you are missing why she was so mad. I don't believe it was the honking that sent her over the edge, I think it was that you kept going and "went around" her. I'm not saying that was "wrong" to do, but just in the interest of being super cautious I personally would have just stopped and let her back out and go on her merry way. Now, of course I would have to qualify that with the fact that you have to take into consideration where the front of your car was in relation to hers. By that I mean if you had not yet begun to pass her and she was truly "in front" of you, you should have just stopped and let her out. If you had already broken the plane of where it would have been to late to stop and she could not have backed out anyway, then she is wholly in the wrong and is just a nut for being mad. Just my opinion... better to be safe than sorry!

aussiegirl
07-20-2007, 10:39 AM
She probably didn't take her meds this morning

andreame70
07-20-2007, 03:37 PM
quietvixsin, I see what you are saying but she could not have backed any further, maybe another foot at the most, or she would have hit me in the driver side close to my door. The front of my car had already cleared the rear of hers. I guess you would have had to see it to fully understand.

Andrea

suprtruckr
07-20-2007, 05:54 PM
quietvixsin, I see what you are saying but she could not have backed any further, maybe another foot at the most, or she would have hit me in the driver side close to my door. The front of my car had already cleared the rear of hers. I guess you would have had to see it to fully understand.

Andrea

thats what she was saying here...

If you had already broken the plane of where it would have been to late to stop and she could not have backed out anyway, then she is wholly in the wrong and is just a nut for being mad. Just my opinion... better to be safe than sorry!
people are nutz this day and time, i was nearly hit at a convenience store today by a guy that stole something inside from the office area

Mom2-3boys
07-23-2007, 07:58 AM
yeah PPL are crazy like that! A couple years ago on Black Friday I was looking for a parking spot and just so happened a car was backing out so I waited and when they were backing out a car coming the opposite direction flipped on her turn signal and as I was turning in she tried to cut me off to take the spot well I made it before her, but the crazy woman she was, sat blocking both ways of traffic so she could chew me out because she had her turn signal on and the parking spot was hers. OMG I just laughed and told her she needed to go back to drivers ed because she did not have the right away and you don't turn into traffic like that to park and had there been an accident it would have been her fault.....and all the while she just kept screaming...all the other ppl were getting ticked and honking because nobody could get by her, my husbands aunt was like OMG be quiet don't even talk to her she might try to run us over when we walk into the store LOL

suprtruckr
07-23-2007, 08:51 AM
the biggest car wins :rolling