PDA

View Full Version : Baby Crystal

prcsanglas
07-19-2007, 08:52 AM
As most of you know last year at this time I was int eh hospital with my newborn son Garrett. He is doing fine and well now; however, Crystal, who was born on 7-11-07 needs to have major heart surgery. She has truncus arteriosis, which is instead of her heart having two valves it has only one. I am asking that pray for her. She is scheduled for surgery tomorrow, but this morning they said they may not be able to get her in until early next week. I'm know the sooner is better. They told us had our pediticrian not caught this she would have affixiated in her sleep and been classified as a sids baby.

In advance I would like to thank everyone and I will keep you updated.

BeanieLuvR
07-19-2007, 09:15 AM
I am praying for baby Crystal. Thank goodness her pediatrician found the problem. I know God will see her through this surgery. Hugs to you. Please do let us know as soon as she has the surgery.

mosdata1
07-19-2007, 10:15 AM
I am lifting up prayers for you & your family. They have made such great progess in pediatric cardiology. Please keep up updated & let us know when the surgery is scheduled. Already God's hand is in this - Crystal had a great doctor who heard & immediately responded to her condition.

Willow
07-19-2007, 10:42 AM
I said a prayer for her.

YankeeMary
07-19-2007, 12:42 PM
God will see you through this. You and Crystal are in our prayers. HUGS!!!

WinterStorm
07-19-2007, 01:14 PM
Oh Hon, I will keep your sweet angel in my prayers, and you as well, please keep us all updated. My God Bless you and your whole family.

pepperpot
07-19-2007, 01:24 PM
So sorry to hear your baby needs this, but thank God this was caught and that something can be done for her. Will say a prayer and keep you all in our thoughts....((hugs))

Pepsi4me
07-19-2007, 01:27 PM
I'm saying prayers for your baby Crystal.

Keep us updated & good luck.

CLARKS4
07-19-2007, 10:05 PM
Prayers are being sent for your family.
My neice is 22 months old and just went thru heart surgery. She had a hole in her heart plus they had to reroute a vein. She had the surgery at 9:00am and then by 9:00pm she was trying to get up and move around. They have come along way with heart surgery. Everything will be okay.

prcsanglas
07-20-2007, 12:49 PM
Thanks for all the prayers. Crystal is still in surgery, but should be out within the hour.

BeanieLuvR
07-20-2007, 04:13 PM
Thanks for the update. Praying for a successful surgery.

prcsanglas
07-21-2007, 09:16 PM
Crystal is doing well. Surgery was a success and she actually looked well. They had to use blood instead of saline solution so she is not swelled as I had anticipated she would be. They said the breathing tube should come out tomorrow or Monday at the latest and then she should be able to eat fairly soon. I will keep everyone updated. Thank you all so much for the prayers and thoughts. I know they helped her through and me through the most difficult part.

YankeeMary
07-21-2007, 09:48 PM
Thank God. I am happy to hear this wonderful news. Keeping Crystal and you in my prayers and sending a HUGE thank you to Jesus.
Thanks for the update.

BeanieLuvR
07-21-2007, 09:54 PM
That is wonderful news!! I am so happy to hear that she is doing so good. Giving God praise for bringing this precious baby through surgery and making her well. Thanks for updating. Hearing this good news has just made my day.

pepperpot
07-22-2007, 05:47 AM
So glad things are going well...

mosdata1
07-22-2007, 05:27 PM
I thank God that he has seen all of you though the surgery. I'll continue to pray as she goes through her quick recovery.

prcsanglas
07-26-2007, 05:05 AM
Sorry haven't been able to update lately. Crystal is doing well. Her surgery took less time than anticipated and they moved her out of the CICU yesterday. She is eating exceptionally well the doctors say and is actually eating more than when we had her at home. The doctors said maybe another week and then she should be able to come home. Crystal will have to have a few more surgeries throughout her life because the valve is not able to grow with her.

BeanieLuvR
07-26-2007, 08:37 PM
Thanks for the update. I am glad she is doing so well. I bet you can't wait for her to get to come home. That is great that she is doing so good with her eating. She will be gaining some weight in no time. I am sorry to hear that she will have to have more surgeries.