PDA

View Full Version : Catholics NEVR judge and dont tell people that their religion is wrong? HMMM, the POPE does!

DtroitPunk
07-12-2007, 07:04 PM
I know this will piss some people off, but MOST Cathoilics insist that they would never tell someone else that their religion is wrong and that they dont judge etc etc yadda yadda yadda. I do judge and I do tell some people of certain faiths that they will not see heaven.

BUT..... I NEVER would tell anyone that ONE church had the ONLY way to heaven! I have said before that you can be a Catholic and be saved and KNOW that you are going to heaven. I dont believe in denominations I believe in the Bible.

steve.dick@heraldbulletin.com The author of this article at the Herald Bulletin of Anderson, IN

Pope Benedict XVI opened a Pandora’s box Tuesday, and the reverberations began immediately.

He released a document that said other Christian communities are either defective or not true churches and Catholicism provides the only true path to salvation, according to a story by The Associated Press.
Worldwide fallout from Protestant churches ensued, and local pastors also had reactions.

“I don’t agree with that,” said the Rev. Jerry Alexander of Colonial United Methodist Church. “Any person has the same opportunities to find and follow Jesus Christ, and he doesn’t have to be connected to a church at all.”

The Rev. Ray Wright, of Love Alive Church of God in Christ, agrees.

“I don’t know where the pope is coming from,” he said. “In our world situation, no one should throw mud.”

He said churches give people hope. “Churches shouldn’t snipe at other churches that are keeping the hope.”

He said the church leader’s duty to people can be a big task.

“(A pastor’s) job is leading people to Christ, bring them to salvation, keep them in a straight way and try to bring people to Christ. That’s a job within itself.”

Neither pastor had heard of the pope’s statement before being contacted by The Herald Bulletin. Other pastors were called but were not available for comment.

Alexander said it was hard to draw a conclusion as to the pope’s intentions, but he was concerned as to where it might lead.

“The aftermath could create a further divide between Protestants and Catholics,” he said. “That’s not a healthy situation.” END OF ARTICLE.

This could also cause further disastrous repercussions in Ireland.

Doesnt seem like a very well thought out proclamation.

freeby4me
07-12-2007, 07:27 PM
Im a little confused, the Pope is proclaiming that only Catholics who go to a specific church will find the path of Heaven? *If I have that right* that is really sad. The last thing I would ever want is to have people thinking they're doomed because they arent a certain denomination. I thought Jesus himself said that one doesnt have to belong to church to be close to him, is that right DtroitPunk? (yes, im actually agreeing and asking for your help LOL I know, you could knock me over with a feather too LOL) (but seriously) Im thinking right, correct? (not in a word for word quote of course)

DtroitPunk
07-12-2007, 08:00 PM
Im a little confused, the Pope is proclaiming that only Catholics who go to a specific church will find the path of Heaven? *If I have that right* that is really sad. The last thing I would ever want is to have people thinking they're doomed because they arent a certain denomination. I thought Jesus himself said that one doesnt have to belong to church to be close to him, is that right DtroitPunk? (yes, im actually agreeing and asking for your help LOL I know, you could knock me over with a feather too LOL) (but seriously) Im thinking right, correct? (not in a word for word quote of course)

Actually, YES I too am shocked that we can speak CIVILLY to each other AND agree! You are correct! I personally am between church homes right now. SOME people will never even step foot in a church, that is why it is so important to share our faiths and what the bible says with people. If they become offended or dont want to hear then you dont push. But as a Christian I have a responsibility to share.

Romans 10:14 How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?

janelle
07-13-2007, 12:49 AM
Vatican downplays document on other Christians' `defects'

AFP AND NY TIMES NEWS SERVICE, VATICAN CITY
Friday, Jul 13, 2007, Page 6
The Vatican sought on Wednesday to downplay a document claiming the Roman Catholic Church was the "one true Church of Christ" after it provoked outrage among other Christian faiths.

Pope Benedict XVI restated on Tuesday what he said were the "defects" of Christian faiths other than Roman Catholicism.

The document focused largely on the Vatican definition of what constitutes a church, which it defined as being traceable through its bishops to Christ's original apostles. Thus, it said, the world's Orthodox Christians make up a church because of shared history, if "separated" from the "proper" Catholic tradition; Protestants, who split from Catholicism during the Reformation, are considered only "Christian communities."

The document reiterated church teaching that the Roman Catholic Church alone is the mediator of salvation, though other beliefs can be its "instrument."

It also repeated many of the contentious claims of a document called Dominus Iesus issued in 2000 by the Vatican office on orthodoxy, which Cardinal Joseph Ratzinger headed for more than two decades before being elected pope in 2005.

The 2000 version also drew angry reactions from other faiths, which accused the Vatican, and Ratzinger specifically, of being unnecessarily divisive.

The Vatican said the new document was aimed at clearing up "confusion and doubt" about the Catholic Church's relationship with other faiths. But it provoked a wave of condemnation from other churches.

A spokesman for Egypt's Coptic Church, the largest Christian community in the Middle East, warned on Wednesday that comments such as those expressed in the document "fan tensions and arouse negative emotions".

The World Council of Churches, which represents 340 churches including Orthodox and Protestants, insisted that "each Church is the Church catholic," using catholic in the sense of universal. The World Alliance of Reformed Churches -- which represents more than 200 Protestant churches -- said the document "goes against the spirit of our Christian calling towards oneness in Christ."

However, Cardinal Walter Kasper, who is responsible for the Church's relations with other denominations, said the declaration "does not say that Protestant Churches are not Churches, but that they are not Churches in the proper sense, that is they are not Churches in the way the Catholic Church understands the word Church."

Protestant Churches "do not want to be Churches in the sense of the Catholic Church", because they have different ideas of what the Church and its ministers should be, he said.
He added that setting out the remaining differences between the Christian faiths "should stimulate us and not be viewed as a catastrophe."

freeby4me
07-13-2007, 04:29 AM
Actually, YES I too am shocked that we can speak CIVILLY to each other AND agree! You are correct! I personally am between church homes right now. SOME people will never even step foot in a church, that is why it is so important to share our faiths and what the bible says with people. If they become offended or dont want to hear then you dont push. But as a Christian I have a responsibility to share.

Romans 10:14 How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?

Good im glad we're in agreement. As far as Im concerned what happened in that other thread is just that, a different thread.
"However, Cardinal Walter Kasper, who is responsible for the Church's relations with other denominations, said the declaration "does not say that Protestant Churches are not Churches, but that they are not Churches in the proper sense, that is they are not Churches in the way the Catholic Church understands the word Church."
I really dont see how with comments like that, that they're trying to "make nice" about the previous statement.

Val1
07-13-2007, 05:05 AM
I guess I sort of look at it like this.

I'm Catholic. If I didn't think that this particular church had the most correct and surest understanding of God, I wouldn't belong to this church. *I* think it is the one most on target to the proper understanding of God and how he wants us to live.

If I didn't think this, I'd probably be some other denomination, or some other religion entirely. I think that there are many churches that believe in God and are also correct to varying degrees in their understanding of God and His will, but that they are not quite as correct as the church I belong to.

This doesn't mean they aren't correct at all, or they aren't church, or they don't stand to have a chance at salvation - just that I believe my way is the most correct and the most likely to be getting it right. Does that make sense?

If you don't believe that your particular church has the most correct view on faith, why do you belong there? do you believe that all faiths are equally correct? While I think the wording of the initial document could have been a lot better, I sort of EXPECT that most people believe their church or brand of faith is the most correct one. Otherwise, why wouldn't you just go to any church at all?

YankeeMary
07-13-2007, 06:57 AM
I think if you are lets say Catholic and you live your life according to the "Catholic way" to the best of your ability, then when you die, You shall be judged based on that. The same holds true for Baptist, Methodist, etc...If a Baptist followed his Bible to the best of his ability (and of course asked for forgiveness and has accepted Jesus as his personal savior) and believes with all his heart is living his life as Jesus wants then he shall go to Heaven, and if the Catholic fellow does the same thing according to the Catholic ways, why would Jesus allow him to burn in hell, because he doesn't follow the Baptist way? No matter what "title" you put on a religion, according to my Bible, you have to accept Jesus into your heart, acknowledging he died for your sins and ask for forgiveness to get into Heaven, not necassarily be "titled".
God is about love and forgiveness.

pepperpot
07-13-2007, 08:02 AM
I know this will piss some people off,........ .
And that is exactly why you are posting it....:(

*shakes head*

boopster
07-13-2007, 09:17 AM
I personally feel that no one has the right to denigrate anyone else's religion, place of worship etc unless they and who they represent are perfect in all aspects......and there is no such thing. The Pope should apologize and acknowledge that is comments were not appropriate. It was words such as his that created religious persecution.

BeanieLuvR
07-13-2007, 10:10 AM
I think if you are lets say Catholic and you live your life according to the "Catholic way" to the best of your ability, then when you die, You shall be judged based on that. The same holds true for Baptist, Methodist, etc...If a Baptist followed his Bible to the best of his ability (and of course asked for forgiveness and has accepted Jesus as his personal savior) and believes with all his heart is living his life as Jesus wants then he shall go to Heaven, and if the Catholic fellow does the same thing according to the Catholic ways, why would Jesus allow him to burn in hell, because he doesn't follow the Baptist way? No matter what "title" you put on a religion, according to my Bible, you have to accept Jesus into your heart, acknowledging he died for your sins and ask for forgiveness to get into Heaven, not necassarily be "titled".
God is about love and forgiveness.

Thank you for putting into words how I feel YankeeMary. :) I was going to reply to this last night but decided to wait and reply this morning. I am glad I did because you said what I wanted to better than I could have.

janelle
07-13-2007, 11:00 AM
I think we are going to be shocked a lot by what this pope says. He went over to a Muslim country and made a speech that quoted some theologian as saying it was the most violent religion ever. Yikes. He was almost on their hit list to kill, like Rushdie is and anyone who has dealings with Rushdie, like London. He still may be on a hit list.

He is not going to be like John Paul, that's for sure. They did end up killing a nun for his speech about the Muslim religion. Not sure who or where but a nun was killed. I don't think anyone is radical enough to kill anyone with the latest thing he said but one never knows.

Let's all try to stay cool and study what someone says before going ballistic, like some countries do. In America we should be the leader about free speech. Even Jay Leno made a joke about it last night. He said what the pope said and to make his point about it he also spoke about tolerance and acceptance of others. LOL :rules :rolling :rolling

YankeeMary
07-13-2007, 02:57 PM
Thank you for putting into words how I feel YankeeMary. :) I was going to reply to this last night but decided to wait and reply this morning. I am glad I did because you said what I wanted to better than I could have.

WOW. Thanks alot. I normally am not able to verbalize what I am thinking.

janelle
07-13-2007, 03:33 PM
Well I am Catholic and I don't believe that. No, we are not mind numbed robots that have to agree with everything that comes out of the pope's mouth. This pope will not be as liked as John Paul IMO but then no one could fill his shoes.

Val1
07-13-2007, 07:49 PM
The funny thing is, JP2, for all his marvelous reforms, was actually a pretty hardliner himself, but he was such a warm and personable man, and so loving, that many people didn't really get that he was still very much a conservative regarding doctrine.

Poor Benedict just does not have the media friendly personality of JP2, whom many people came to know and like, and he can be somewhat abrasive because he's very direct. But theologically, he and JP2 were actually not very far apart at all. Benedict was the head of Prefect of the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith under JP2, the top position on evaluating church doctrine under the Pope. JP2 would not have appointed him if they were not very similar in beliefs.

But John Paul 2, who was undoubtedly a very great guy IMO, did not take anywhere near the heat media wise that Benedict gets. I really believe a lot of it is that he was more media friendly.

janelle
07-14-2007, 11:22 AM
The funny thing is, JP2, for all his marvelous reforms, was actually a pretty hardliner himself, but he was such a warm and personable man, and so loving, that many people didn't really get that he was still very much a conservative regarding doctrine.

Poor Benedict just does not have the media friendly personality of JP2, whom many people came to know and like, and he can be somewhat abrasive because he's very direct. But theologically, he and JP2 were actually not very far apart at all. Benedict was the head of Prefect of the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith under JP2, the top position on evaluating church doctrine under the Pope. JP2 would not have appointed him if they were not very similar in beliefs.

But John Paul 2, who was undoubtedly a very great guy IMO, did not take anywhere near the heat media wise that Benedict gets. I really believe a lot of it is that he was more media friendly.

Val1 how very true. You are right on target. However, it is unfortunate that many will so quickly condemn what the Pope says and yet haven't even read what he said. Additionally, the Pope NEVER writes these things in English so the translation and cultural barriers have to be kept in mind when reading such letters and documents. I have not been able to locate a translation of this document but judging from I have read this is nothing new in Benedict's mind or John Paul II's mind. I find it hard to believe they are saying other Christians don't have salvation. In fact, I know JP2 would not have ever said that and for the same reason you posted I find it hard to believe Benedict would have said that.

In the scriptures we find that Jesus did establish a church, "you are Peter and upon the rock I will build my Church". Jesus very much believed in organized religion otherwise why would He have participated in the Jewish laws from His very birth? He was presented to the temple, Luke 2:22. Need we follow His whole life to prove this point?

But finally, in this day we all follow one Christ and, as YankeeMary has said (I am paraphrasing here), while some have different perspectives on the scriptures none of us will fail if we are true to our faith.

Posted by Janelle's husband.

Jolie Rouge
07-16-2007, 11:58 AM
I know this will piss some people off,

Then why post it ?

...but MOST Cathoilics insist that they would never tell someone else that their religion is wrong and that they dont judge etc etc yadda yadda yadda. I do judge and I do tell some people of certain faiths that they will not see heaven.

So it is okay for you to pass judgement on others but if anyone else does the same they are wrong ?

hhmmmm, the Pope does

*I* am Catholic and I *don't* tell anyone else that their belief system is "wrong". Do you normally hold a large number of people accountable for the words of a single person ?

-----

Editted to add : "Posted by Janelle's husband"

register already !!!! You have your handle all picked out and everything !!!

janelle
07-16-2007, 12:10 PM
I have not read the pope's entire letter so I will not pass judgment on it until I do. We all know the media can take one sentence and run with it to the dismay of the speaker. Sadly it is nothing what they meant. Sounds like how people treat the bible. Read only one verse and interprete it the way they want.

You know what they say about facts. People don't want to be bothered with the truth, they already know the facts.

janelle
07-16-2007, 12:13 PM
Well we are in the middle of closing on a house so he will be as busy as a cranberry merchant (whatever that means) for awhile. LOL

DtroitPunk
07-17-2007, 02:03 PM
And that is exactly why you are posting it....:(

*shakes head*

NO! Actually I posted it to show that even though MOST Catholics CONDEMN ME for my hardline stands on religion and accountability, the heirarchy of their Church is VERY strict as well.

I am not sure why you had to start in on me here either. If you dont like me or disagree with me SO MUCH, place me on ignore. PLEASE!

I am a big enough person, that I can treat you fairly in a new thread even if I thought you were horrible in another. If you CANNOT treat me or others this way maybe you should stop talking to them.

turbob
07-17-2007, 02:15 PM
I have been lucky enough in my life to know people who follow all types of religions. The only people that have told me my belief system is wrong are born again Christians. The current Pope has a rather hard line of belief that he follows, not for me, but that is what he believes, so more power to him. At least he does not "attack" individuals.

Jolie Rouge
07-17-2007, 02:20 PM
Actually I posted it to show that even though MOST Catholics CONDEMN ME for my hardline stands on religion and accountability, the heirarchy of their Church is VERY strict as well.

So they are wrong to do so ...

I do judge and I do tell some people of certain faiths that they will not see heaven.

...but you are not ??

:confused:

The only people that have told me my belief system is wrong are born again Christians.

Ditto. As a Catholic, I have even been told that I am not a Christian at all.

DtroitPunk
07-17-2007, 02:21 PM
Then why post it ?

So it is okay for you to pass judgement on others but if anyone else does the same they are wrong ?

*I* am Catholic and I *don't* tell anyone else that their belief system is "wrong". Do you normally hold a large number of people accountable for the words of a single person ?

-----

Editted to add : "Posted by Janelle's husband"

register already !!!! You have your handle all picked out and everything !!!

OK first I posted it to engender TRUE and HONEST discussion! If MOST Catholics say it is wrong to judge (which by the way is FALSE) and the POPE says that ALL other religions are false, there is a discrepancy that needs to be addressed.

Many hold the Pope to be infallible. Whether YOU believe that the Pope is ALWAYS right or not, as the highest official of the Church he should NOT be making proclamations and edicts in opposition of what MOST Catholics believe.
Unless he is CERTAIN that he is backed by scripture.

I have addressed the judging issue NUMEROUS times. YES I can judge, just as YOU can if you judge rightly using God's word and standards. The bible tells us SEVERAL times to judge. Read the verses that say "do not Judge" in CONTEXT and you find a strict warning against HYPOCRISY.

Taking "do not judge" out of context is a copout so that we can excuse ourselves for political correctness. We SHOULDNT ever say anything that might upset someone else because that might be judging them. The SAME people who say DO NOT JUDGE, judge ME regularly! You cant have it BOTH ways.

IF you ever make judgements on ANYTHING, you are JUDGING.

These are just 2 examples

1. If you think you understand a person based on the clothes they wear.

2. You make general statements about people based on RELIGION or RACE.

EVERYONE judges, we just have to be careful that we judge FAIRLY and honestly with no malice or hypocrisy.

Jolie Rouge
07-17-2007, 02:30 PM
EVERYONE judges, we just have to be careful that we judge FAIRLY and honestly with no malice or hypocrisy.

THAT makes sense.

janelle
07-17-2007, 03:17 PM
Jolie, in our parish they are going to have a program to teach us as Catholics how to defend our faith. We aren't very good at defending ourselves and there is a movement now that wants to convert Catholics to other ways of thinking. I hope it comes to your parish. I can send you info on it if you like.

I am very excited about it. So far I have met some very informed people and they can explain so much.

We as a church are not exposed to the sermons on other faiths being wrong and why they are wrong. Each Sunday we hear a sermon about scripture and nothing about how others are in err. I guess some other churches hear a lot about how others are wrong and sermon after sermon on how bad they are. Kinda silly to go to church for that reason. But anyway. Go read the web site I posted---Catholic convert and read the stories from converts.

The Catholic Conference is coming up here and speakers from all over are coming to town for talks on every aspect of faith in our church. We plan to go. Father Groeschel will be there. If you watch him on EWTN channel he is such a good man and knowledgeable. We will also have many former Protestant ministers who have converted come tell us their stories. I am so excited about it.

turbob
07-17-2007, 03:23 PM
"I do judge and I do tell some people of certain faiths that they will not see heaven. " The arrogance!!!!

I have a feeling that your God will NOT appreciate YOU judging- isn't that his/her job? And HOW would you know what people will see heaven - isn't that also your God's job?

Isn't the ninth commandment "You shall not bear false witness"? I have a feeling YOU might have some major explaining to do when you stand in front of your God.

BTW - I am taking your advice and putting you on ignore - a verb, of which the associated noun is -ignorance: the state or fact of being ignorant : lack of knowledge, education, or awareness
Suits you, I think.

DtroitPunk
07-17-2007, 04:03 PM
"I do judge and I do tell some people of certain faiths that they will not see heaven. " The arrogance!!!!

I have a feeling that your God will NOT appreciate YOU judging- isn't that his/her job? And HOW would you know what people will see heaven - isn't that also your God's job?

Isn't the ninth commandment "You shall not bear false witness"? I have a feeling YOU might have some major explaining to do when you stand in front of your God.

BTW - I am taking your advice and putting you on ignore - a verb, of which the associated noun is -ignorance: the state or fact of being ignorant : lack of knowledge, education, or awareness
Suits you, I think.

HMMM, that is a really intelligent way to end a statement. Give me no chance to explain. Not that I mind as this person tries to use the Bible that I doubt they even believe in to argue against me.

Bearing false witness pertains to Lying about your neighbor etc before the authorities. This is still kept in America as false reporting and perjury. If you KNOWINGLY give false testimony you can be held liable.

Telling a person who for example is a pedophile that they are going to hell IS NOT FALSE witness. It is simple FACT. If they repent of their sins and turn toward a life with Christ they CAN get to heaven, but not while they are in sin.

Judging is EVERY christians responsibility I have shown this before

this link has some really good BIBLICAL instruction on this subject.

http://www.kgov.com/writings/judge_rightly_is_not_some_guys_name

The basic admonition is to Judge not let by the SAME measure ye be judged. If you are REALLY trying to live a correct and righteous life according to the Bible and you pass judgement on a brother in your church for having an affair, you had BEST be sure that you arent guilty of adultery even in your heart.

DtroitPunk
07-17-2007, 04:08 PM
THAT makes sense.
I am not sure if you were agreeing with me or being sarcastic but either way for those on this thread who think people should NEVER judge.....

Actually YES it makes PERFECT sense when you read and BELIEVE the Bible.

This is a small excerpt from the page I listed.

"Jesus repeatedly taught men to judge rightly, insisting they “judge with righteous judgment” (John 7:24) and He praised a man who “rightly judged” (Luke 7:43). Paul shamed the Corinthian Christians because no one among them was willing to “judge the smallest matters” (1 Cor. 6:2). As the Apostle wrote, “He who is spiritual judges all things” for “we have the mind of Christ” (1 Cor. 2:15-16)."

Those who teach NOT to judge are in OPPOSITION to the Bible.

ahippiechic
07-17-2007, 05:00 PM
I really do feel so much pity for you, DtroitPunk. I'll pray for you.

turbob
07-17-2007, 05:06 PM
Touche!

DtroitPunk - I will chant for your wife - SHE is earning her place in your heaven, being married to you! 2 words for you - spell check.

Mom2jal
07-17-2007, 05:09 PM
Well we are in the middle of closing on a house so he will be as busy as a cranberry merchant (whatever that means) for awhile. LOL

It takes less time than it took him to write out his post. He should register so those of us who are tired and trying to keep up don't get so confused.

pepperpot
07-17-2007, 05:12 PM
NO! Actually I posted it to show that even though MOST Catholics CONDEMN ME for my hardline stands on religion and accountability, the heirarchy of their Church is VERY strict as well.

I am not sure why you had to start in on me here either. If you dont like me or disagree with me SO MUCH, place me on ignore. PLEASE!

I am a big enough person, that I can treat you fairly in a new thread even if I thought you were horrible in another. If you CANNOT treat me or others this way maybe you should stop talking to them.

You make a lot of assumptions about people and fail to listen to what they are saying. That's my opinion.

I still believe you started this thread to piss people off for your own agenda. That's also my opinion.

I am sorry, but if you are not a priest or 'higher' in the pecking order, you do not have the right to carry on and preach your own version and interpretation to others and be so cut throat and arrogant. You are a 'member' in God's community, not 'judge, jury and executioner'.....tone it down.

And if you have a problem with that, put me on ignore.

You make a lot of people feel bad here with your ranting and that certainly isn't 'Christian-like". JMHO. And certainly does not make you appear inteligent nor a gentleman, again, an opinion.

Mom2jal
07-17-2007, 05:20 PM
I am not sure if you were agreeing with me or being sarcastic but either way for those on this thread who think people should NEVER judge.....

Actually YES it makes PERFECT sense when you read and BELIEVE the Bible.

This is a small excerpt from the page I listed.

"Jesus repeatedly taught men to judge rightly, insisting they “judge with righteous judgment” (John 7:24) and He praised a man who “rightly judged” (Luke 7:43). Paul shamed the Corinthian Christians because no one among them was willing to “judge the smallest matters” (1 Cor. 6:2). As the Apostle wrote, “He who is spiritual judges all things” for “we have the mind of Christ” (1 Cor. 2:15-16)."

Those who teach NOT to judge are in OPPOSITION to the Bible.

Well I'll tell you what. You go through all your righteous qualities and then you make a list of what we Catholics need to be judged on and get back to me cuz I'm tired and I have to be at work early. Just remember to let he who is without sin cast the first stone and warn me so I can duck! :D

ahippiechic
07-17-2007, 06:15 PM
If he who is without sin casts the 1st stone, you probably won't be needing to duck MM!

lizmolik
07-17-2007, 06:49 PM
Cant we all just get along??? :tee: :grouphug I am tired of everyone fighting about religion on here it is really stupid. God just wants us all to get along and be kind to one another. There is nothing special that you have to do to get into heaven that is just crazy. God forgives us for our sins, no matter what they be. We are ALL not perfect...we all have faults...and it states in the bible the we should not judge others. It is WRONG to judge others for what they are. That is what is wrong with this world today everyone judges everyone and everyone has something to say, if we could all just get along, stop talking crap about each other, and stop judging one another we would all be okay.

And by the way I agree that this thread was to piss people off, why else would someone post it, you didn't have to and you knew what would happen. :slap

Katt
07-17-2007, 08:38 PM
Touche!

DtroitPunk - I will chant for your wife - SHE is earning her place in your heaven, being married to you!

I wouldn't worry about it. She's a member here and was participating in the thread in vent and whine. Wonder why she didn't tell us that they were married though.

pepperpot
07-17-2007, 08:39 PM
I wouldn't worry about it. She's a member here and was participating in the thread in vent and whine. Wonder why she didn't tell us that they were married though.

Interesting........wonder if she will identify herself.

IthinkNOT!
07-17-2007, 08:55 PM

Do you blame her? would you admit being married to him??? LOL

pepperpot
07-17-2007, 09:04 PM
Do you blame her? would you admit being married to him??? LOL

No I do, if you were that embarrassed, you wouldn't be here. You'd distance yourself and 'play' elsewhere. She obviously shares his opinions however does not openly express them as her husband does. Deceitful? Perhaps she has her reasons, but he hasn't called her out.

mosdata1
07-17-2007, 09:11 PM
Wow, I've been reading this thread but haven't posted - just realized that the OP was banned.

pepperpot
07-17-2007, 09:13 PM
Wow, I've been reading this thread but haven't posted - just realized that the OP was banned.

Wow, I didn't notice that neither....... Wonder if his wife will care to comment on that....

IthinkNOT!
07-17-2007, 09:18 PM
wow, when did that happen??

ahippiechic
07-17-2007, 11:22 PM

I don't wonder, I wouldn't tell either, LMAO! Katt, you know you got me re-reading that thread in V/W now, lol! :D

When my DH (ex-dh now) registered here, I asked MM 1st, because I didn't want to get banned for having 2 accounts with the same IP.

Lasher
07-17-2007, 11:33 PM
I don't wonder, I wouldn't tell either, LMAO! Katt, you know you got me re-reading that thread in V/W now, lol! :D

When my DH (ex-dh now) registered here, I asked MM 1st, because I didn't want to get banned for having 2 accounts with the same IP.

http://www.bigbigforums.com/vent-whine/548214-cmmon-sense-about-abortion-all-should-agree.html

come on you can figure it out

freeby4me
07-18-2007, 04:25 AM
Man I miss alot of stuff while sleeping. I thought his wife came on under his name a couple of times because not all his posts would make sense. Someone clue me in please on who his wife was LOL

Oh hey Lasher.....perhaps you could clue me in on what page his "wife" is on?? This could be fun...

buttrfli
07-18-2007, 05:04 AM
Man I miss alot of stuff while sleeping.

See what happens when you decide to be a normal person and go to bed at a decent hour?? :slap

freeby4me
07-18-2007, 05:41 AM
LMAO...even now with my coffee I still cant figure it out, who his wife is. Someone clue me in please!!!

IthinkNOT!
07-18-2007, 07:21 AM
yeah, me to inquiring minds wanna know!!!!

ahippiechic
07-18-2007, 07:55 AM
http://www.bigbigforums.com/vent-whine/548214-cmmon-sense-about-abortion-all-should-agree.html

come on you can figure it out

Yeah, didn't take long when I started re-reading.

freeby4me
07-18-2007, 08:11 AM
Yeah, didn't take long when I started re-reading.

I just sent you a PM....im still a little confused LOL

IthinkNOT!
07-18-2007, 08:13 AM
I just sent you a PM....im still a little confused LOL

I'm confused too, someone please clue me in?

freeby4me
07-18-2007, 08:19 AM
I'm confused too, someone please clue me in?

U've got mail...

pepperpot
07-18-2007, 08:20 AM
U've got mail...

Can I get some mail too?

freeby4me
07-18-2007, 08:24 AM
Can I get some mail too?

Yup, now you've got mail.

freeby4me
07-18-2007, 08:30 AM
OK now everyone has mail!! LOL

Val1
07-18-2007, 09:37 AM
Wow, I am sorry DPunk got banned. Does anyone know why? I was going to reply to his post. Actually, maybe because I'm new, I enjoyed addressing his statements/questions. I don't think he understands very much about the parameters of papal infallibility and issues of ecumenicism versus the relativity of faith beliefs as regarded by the Catholic church.

I only check in every few days, so I missed his last post, but I'm sorry he's gone. Sometimes it takes someone shaking things up to get a good debate or conversation going!

ahippiechic
07-18-2007, 10:05 AM
Although the topics he posted could have been good debates, he seemed (to me, anyway) more interested in belittling and name-calling in most of his other posts. Not a good way to have a conversation.

Jolie Rouge
07-18-2007, 10:15 AM
I too will miss Dtroit ... interesting points to say the least.

Bubblescc
07-18-2007, 10:46 AM
the funny thing is he was banned because of multiple accounts, thats funny to me. He has not used the Renaissanceman for a long time because he does not remember the log in info, he no longer has the email address that was used to register. So it was figured since he was not trying to fool anyone or use two accounts that he could just register again. You can look and see the other account has not been used in years.

My comments in the other thread would have been said no matter who had posted, not because I am his wife. That is why it took so long before I said anything about the way he was being treated. You can see that others took up for him as well.

I told him to register because there was someone that needed help with a tv, in his very first posts I told the person to wait and I would get my hubby to register cause I know you dont like for people to use someone elses name. I thought most people went and looked at older posts to see what others had said so I didnt know it was a secret.

I am proud to be his wife, and I do agree with what he says, just not always how he says it.

THis is I believe my first post in this thread, and would not have even looked at it. Only did cause he was banned for having multiple accounts. Which we all know is not the real reason.

I wanted to add that yes we tried about three years ago to figure out what e-mail address was used so we could recover his info, I asked a mod and there was nothing they could do because we didnt know the e-mail address. I think he registered the first time back in 2002 if I am not mistaken, but has not used that account for years, maybe even since 2002.

Bubblescc
07-18-2007, 10:55 AM
http://www.bigbigforums.com/off-topic-chat/539389-lcd-tv-would-you-buy.html

heres the thread that shows he is my hubby, never tried to hide it...some of the same people in some of his other threads are in this one....thats why I didnt bring it up, not sure why its so important????Its not because I am ashamed of him.....

pepperpot
07-18-2007, 10:55 AM
Had he ever stated, anywhere, that he 'changed' his name? For whatever reason? I'm going to guess probably not, but I may be wrong.

I can see where having multiple accounts could present a problem as it could be looked at as deceitful. If I argue with 10 people and present some opinions, and then a bit later never use that name but rejoin under another name and continue to post (not revealing that I had previously been a member and who)....It's kind of disguising myself.

I've seen posts where people have said, "I used to be so-and-so but blah, blah"....that's being totally upfront and I don't see that as a problem. But changing names and not being forthcoming is something different, even if there were no 'controversey' with the prior name. JMHO

pepperpot
07-18-2007, 11:00 AM
I am proud to be his wife, and I do agree with what he says, just not always how he says it.

You won't get any arguments there....

Bubblescc
07-18-2007, 11:01 AM
Had he ever stated, anywhere, that he 'changed' his name? For whatever reason? I'm going to guess probably not, but I may be wrong.

I can see where having multiple accounts could present a problem as it could be looked at as deceitful. If I argue with 10 people and present some opinions, and then a bit later never use that name but rejoin under another name and continue to post (not revealing that I had previously been a member and who)....It's kind of disguising myself.

I've seen posts where people have said, "I used to be so-and-so but blah, blah"....that's being totally upfront and I don't see that as a problem. But changing names and not being forthcoming is something different, even if there were no 'controversey' with the prior name. JMHO

I dont see this as having multiple accounts, he hasnt used the other one in years....We thought multiple accounts was when someone was trying to use multiple accounts, not because you cant remember any of the original info. Like I said in the very first things he posted it was shown that he was my hubby, noone was trying to pul a fast one....

freeby4me
07-18-2007, 11:04 AM
Maybe thats not the reason why he was banned. I dunno....

pepperpot
07-18-2007, 11:05 AM
I dont see this as having multiple accounts, he hasnt used the other one in years....We thought multiple accounts was when someone was trying to use multiple accounts, not because you cant remember any of the original info. Like I said in the very first things he posted it was shown that he was my hubby, noone was trying to pul a fast one....

True, but it gives others the impression that he is a 'newer' member, which he isn't/wasn't. Not saying that this wasn't 'a totally innocent oversight' on his part, but just stating an outlook.

BTW - as I know nothing about tv's, I never previously entered the thread you brought up.

ahippiechic
07-18-2007, 11:07 AM
I just thought that multiple accounts were not allowed. That's why when my DH wanted to register I asked an admin and got permission 1st, because we would be posting from the same IP. Then when I got banned, he could still post for awhile then someone brought up the fact that I could use his account to post, so he was banned also. He just never cared nor wanted his account back, it's still banned I guess.

freeby4me
07-18-2007, 11:11 AM
I just thought that multiple accounts were not allowed. That's why when my DH wanted to register I asked an admin and got permission 1st, because we would be posting from the same IP. Then when I got banned, he could still post for awhile then someone brought up the fact that I could use his account to post, so he was banned also. He just never cared nor wanted his account back, it's still banned I guess.

For what its worth, I hope that doesnt happen to you Bubbles.

Did he (your DH) ever post under that other name? Why did he stop coming here before? (this is a Q for bubbles)

pepperpot
07-18-2007, 11:12 AM

Your siggy.....

In Loving Memory Of my Big Brother Merle Dec 10, 1964 to Feb 21, 2002. We all love and miss you!!!
I love Renaissanceman And My Wonderful Boys!
JOHN 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life:no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

An oversight as well not changing it to DetroitPunk?

Just an observation.....

janelle
07-18-2007, 11:33 AM
Well Bubblescc why aren't you jumping in the middle of his back for using "flash point" words? I do that with my hubby.

My hubby use to say, " You gotta be out of your cotton picking mind." I gave him the silent treatment many a time for that one and the LOOK. Don't you know how to give the LOOK? It's the best defense us gals have with our hubbys. We love them to pieces but we NEED to give them the LOOK at times.

I got him to stop saying that and other things. We all need some feedback on what we say at times. He does the same to me.

When your hubby says, "You will not see heaven", we all know what he is saying. We aren't dumb. If we will not see heaven if we believe something he says is wrong, we know where the other place is. If he says he never said we would go to hell, then just where is he saying we will go? LOL He doesn't get a pass just cause he didn't say hell. Double speak does not work here.

Sorry he was banned for having multiple accounts. It may be for the best though. Seems every post he made ended up with him defending himself on what he said. He may need practice on his delivery of his message. You can get more with honey then vinegar. If he reads back through what he has said he will see lots of vinegar, I'm sure. He may want to tone it down when he sees that. ?????

Jolie Rouge
07-18-2007, 11:39 AM
Your siggy.....

In Loving Memory Of my Big Brother Merle Dec 10, 1964 to Feb 21, 2002. We all love and miss you!!!
I love Renaissanceman And My Wonderful Boys!
JOHN 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life:no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Just an observation : my siggy has outdated info because I can't change anything without losing most of the characters following the "Great Siggy Purge" awhile back when peeps were having signatures that ran forever ....

janelle
07-18-2007, 11:45 AM
I can't change mine either. When I take out something I want to lose it comes right back with the same sig. I gave up.

pepperpot
07-18-2007, 11:46 AM
Just an observation : my siggy has outdated info because I can't change anything without losing most of the characters following the "Great Siggy Purge" awhile back when peeps were having signatures that ran forever ....

Point taken, just curious.....does her's exceed the 'current' limit? I haven't been here that long...;)

janelle
07-18-2007, 11:48 AM
It may, but for the oldtimers we could keep what we had. For the newbies, they had to limit it.

pepperpot
07-18-2007, 11:51 AM
It may, but for the oldtimers we could keep what we had. For the newbies, they had to limit it.

No, I realize that but if she went to correct/adjust her siggy now.....would she lose the rest because of being 'over the limit'?

janelle
07-18-2007, 11:53 AM
I'm not sure on that. I just know I could not change it even when I tried.

Jolie Rouge
07-18-2007, 12:17 PM
No, I realize that but if she went to correct/adjust her siggy now.....would she lose the rest because of being 'over the limit'?

That is what I was told ... back when. Not sure if it still applies

pepperpot
07-18-2007, 12:25 PM
:lol You know it really doesn't matter b/c she hasn't even addressed it herself. :lol It really doesn't make a difference.

ahippiechic
07-18-2007, 12:27 PM
Maybe when he re-registered, he should have contacted the mods and let them know about the old account, that way maybe they could have deleted the old one.

Bubblescc
07-18-2007, 12:45 PM
Maybe thats not the reason why he was banned. I dunno....

he clicked on something on big big and it said you have been banned for multiple accounts...

Bubblescc
07-18-2007, 12:48 PM
Your siggy.....

An oversight as well not changing it to DetroitPunk?

Just an observation.....

The reason I never changed it is because my siggy has been like this way b4 that changed it saying you could only have so many characters, I didnt want it to change anything else and when I tried to change that part only it says I have too many characters that I must shorten it, since I wanted the verse in there and the part about my brother to stay I chose not to mess with it cause it will not let me change only part and keep the same amout of letter...not sure why I need to explain that but there ya go

my siggy has said the same thing since 2002..

Bubblescc
07-18-2007, 12:57 PM
Maybe when he re-registered, he should have contacted the mods and let them know about the old account, that way maybe they could have deleted the old one.

I contacted them years ago, there was nothing that they could do so he just didnt post in here, someone needed hep about a tv and stupid me told him to re-register,lol...I didnt think about the rules because noone was trying to pull a fast one...Our email changed so much we have no idea what was even used, especially in 2002..lol...With all the sign up for free for 30 days, we had a few email accounts...

Sorry I just read everything else that was posted after my post, I am in school and cant be on here as much as I used to be so if I dont say anything for a bit I am just busy and cant get on here at the moment....

Also I had a lot of people on ignore and had to take them off of it...So I may not have seen a question or response at first....I took everyone off ignore about 2 posts in I think...not sure

Katt
07-18-2007, 01:24 PM
Well, since Mom2jal and myself are the ones that take care of accounts that are messed up, I don't know what "mod" told you since neither one of us were contacted. Everyone knows the emails and contact us button was broken for years, I know I never once received a pm about it though.

We actually thought it was YOU bubbles, that might have had 2 id's since the ip was flagged for more than one account. His posts fit your radical posts you used to make in this very forum many years ago.

His account WAS removed for having more than one account. If he wished to use the other one, he or you could have contacted me to take care of it. No one did. The fact remains, there are two accounts which is against the rules. ONLY the second account was removed. His first is still there, in tact, and can be used, just as we do with other's that have added a second account. Keep in mind there is an infraction for having two accounts, but it's there. So your theory of trying to silence him is incorrect.

IF he truly wants to use that one, I need to be contacted. If not, so be it. Either way, I don't care. He broke the rules, the account was removed, just as the rules of conduct say it will be. I'm just sorry it took us longer to figure it out, than we usually do.

Bubblescc
07-18-2007, 01:31 PM
Well, since Mom2jal and myself are the ones that take care of accounts that are messed up, I don't know what "mod" told you since neither one of us were contacted. Everyone knows the emails and contact us button was broken for years, I know I never once received a pm about it though.

We actually thought it was YOU bubbles, that might have had 2 id's since the ip was flagged for more than one account. His posts fit your radical posts you used to make in this very forum many years ago.

His account WAS removed for having more than one account. If he wished to use the other one, he or you could have contacted me to take care of it. No one did. The fact remains, there are two accounts which is against the rules. ONLY the second account was removed. His first is still there, in tact, and can be used, just as we do with other's that have added a second account. Keep in mind there is an infraction for having two accounts, but it's there. So your theory of trying to silence him is incorrect.

IF he truly wants to use that one, I need to be contacted. If not, so be it. Either way, I don't care. He broke the rules, the account was removed, just as the rules of conduct say it will be. I'm just sorry it took us longer to figure it out, than we usually do.

You know thats hilarious, we have seperate computers I never post on big big from his computer or visa versa. so thats not true... If you thought something was up then why wasnt I ever contacted?
I contacted a mod Years ago, and I was told there was nothing they could do because we didnt have the email address that was used to register so now I am a liar, I know what I was told.

Yes it is to silence him cause dont ya think he would have used his first account if he coud have>?

freeby4me
07-18-2007, 01:35 PM
You know thats hilarious, we have seperate computers I never post on big big from his computer or visa versa. so thats not true... If you thought something was up then why wasnt I ever contacted?
I contacted a mod Years ago, and I was told there was nothing they could do because we didnt have the email address that was used to register so now I am a liar, I know what I was told.

Yes it is to silence him cause dont ya think he would have used his first account if he coud have>?

She's stating the facts and trying to help. I wouldnt be jumping all over her if I were you. Everything that Katt stated sounds like the truth. If he wants to use his other account, e-mail Katt or Mom2Jal and ask for help, otherwise lets just leave this alone.

Bubblescc
07-18-2007, 01:40 PM
She's stating the facts and trying to help. I wouldnt be jumping all over her if I were you. Everything that Katt stated sounds like the truth. If he wants to use his other account, e-mail Katt or Mom2Jal and ask for help, otherwise lets just leave this alone.

trying to help by making me look like a liar, whatever.......and your back on ignore so if I dont respond to you you know why....
If he doesnt know what email adress was used can she still help?

Katt
07-18-2007, 01:41 PM
Funny, you didn't contact me when he first registered to tell me he had a new account. Which mod did you tell? I'd really like to know, as I said, Mom2jal and myself are and have been the only admins here that could access accounts. You know what you were told, so I'm taking it you remember if it was she or I that told you that.

You may have seperate computers, but at one time you must have used the same one, because it's there. Would you like me to post it for you? Be informed your IP addy will be included in the post though. I will only do it at your request since that is private information and I won't share it without permission.

You wouldn't have been contacted until we knew for sure you had two. At which time, one would have been removed. We don't automatically go up to people and say "hey, we think you have two accounts, stand by while we make sure". :rolleyes:

I'm sorry you are pissed, I'm sorry he's pissed. No, actually I'm not. He makes no attempt to allow for someone to be "uninformed", as his posts show. Everyone is told the rules when they register. ASSUMING, it would be okay for him to have more than one account was not my mistake, it was his, the rules state clearly it's not allowed.

Like I said, if he wants to use the other account, he needs to contact forum support. Bigbigforums@hotmail.com

Katt
07-18-2007, 01:43 PM
trying to help by making me look like a liar, whatever.......
If he doesnt know what email adress was used can she still help?

AS I have said, the email doesn't matter. We can use either the email or the login name. WHICH is why I want to know who told you it couldn't be done. I can access accounts by either one, I just don't have access to passwords. I can put a generic one that will work until he logs in and changes it to something he wants to use.

Bubblescc
07-18-2007, 01:46 PM
AS I have said, the email doesn't matter. We can use either the email or the login name. WHICH is why I want to know who told you it couldn't be done. I can access accounts by either one, I just don't have access to passwords. I can put a generic one that will work until he logs in and changes it to something he wants to use.

I am looking, cause I think it was in a thread....about the time when my friend dawnie1979 registered......I am still looking and when I figure it out I will definately let you know..Honestly I was thinking it was you cause I was thinking you helped me with dawns, but since I am wrong I will try to figure it out....

He emailed Big Big, but I dont know who is going to get it??? So should he just email you now?

Nevermind I told him to email again, he put your name in the subject, is that ok??

Katt
07-18-2007, 01:52 PM
I'm the only one that does emails now. I'll get it if it's addressed to me or not.

Bubblescc
07-18-2007, 01:54 PM
I'm the only one that does emails now. I'll get it if it's addressed to me or not.

ok thanks so much! yes I am bing for real...

ahippiechic
07-18-2007, 02:07 PM
You know thats hilarious, we have seperate computers I never post on big big from his computer or visa versa. so thats not true...

It doesn't matter if you post from 2 seperate PC's or not. We have 4, but the IP's will show up the same, unless you have more than one internet account and you each use a seperate account. I can flip over to Leif's and post or post from my DD's or the HTPC, but my IP will be the same.

Bubblescc
07-18-2007, 02:10 PM
It doesn't matter if you post from 2 seperate PC's or not. We have 4, but the IP's will show up the same, unless you have more than one internet account and you each use a seperate account. I can flip over to Leif's and post or post from my DD's or the HTPC, but my IP will be the same.

I just looked at our ip's (cause I wanted to make sure)and his said 64 at the end and mine said 65 all the other numbers are the same...

I know when I worked for verizon ip's were not the same the last numbers are usually different.....idk, doesnt really matter now I dont guess

pepperpot
07-18-2007, 02:21 PM
Anyone up for a funny? *shakes head* (http://forums.momswhothink.com/showthread.php?p=1672218#post1672218)

IthinkNOT!
07-18-2007, 02:26 PM
thanks, I needed that!!! rotflmao!!!!

Bubblescc
sorry about the ips Katt,
I was just going by what my ip config said.....

freeby4me
Anyone up for a funny? *shakes head* (http://forums.momswhothink.com/showthread.php?p=1672218#post1672218)

I've been telling him about that place for how long now LOL Its about time!

IthinkNOT!
07-18-2007, 02:29 PM
yeah, I went over and joined in the welcome thread...lol

Lasher
07-18-2007, 02:30 PM
For those who haven't register at MWT yet

DtroitPunk
Public Enemy #1 on BigBig

I was kicked out of BigBig so now I am here!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi, I am an in your face up close and personal sort of person who filters his opinions on EVERY subject through the Bible. I am against illegal immigration, abortion, socialized/universal health care, Gun Control, Gay Marriage etc and I am FOR Individual rights INCLUDING the 2nd ammendment, Personal responsibility & accountability, patriotism, conservative traditional american values and the death penalty!

I was abused, vilified, attacked and ultimately BANNED from bigbig forums unjustly and dishonestly I might add.

I dont expect to be here long as I ALWAYS tell the truth as I see it and I dont worry about stepping on toes.
http://forums.momswhothink.com/images/smilies/ban.gif

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ahippiechic
07-18-2007, 02:30 PM
sorry about the ips Katt,
I was just going by what my ip config said.....

Yeah, when I go to IP config all 4 of our PC's have a diff internal IP. ending with 199, 200, 201, and 202. That's so the network can tell them apart. But when we get online, ours are the same, because they use the same ISP account/connection. The ISP is the one that assigns that IP. That earlier post of mine was on Leif's PC, this one is on mine and they're the same.

Katt
07-18-2007, 02:32 PM
I said the same thing in the abortion thread. Not because I'm a hag, but because I really thought he would enjoy that board better. Ahh well.

If no one needs to yell at me any longer, I'm off to shower before my 12 shift at the hospital.

Bubblescc
07-18-2007, 02:33 PM
Yeah, when I go to IP config all 4 of our PC's have a diff internal IP. ending with 199, 200, 201, and 202. That's so the network can tell them apart. But when we get online, ours are the same, because they use the same ISP account/connection. The ISP is the one that assigns that IP. That earlier post of mine was on Leif's PC, this one is on mine and they're the same.

Whats funny is I was thinking we had seperate addresses and I never posted on the other computer, cause I was afraid mods would think it was just me..lmao...I did tell Katt I was sorry, cause I was wrong...
But I also stay logged in on mine and he does on his, so that was the second reason..lol

freeby4me
07-18-2007, 02:35 PM
For those who haven't register at MWT yet

DtroitPunk
Public Enemy #1 on BigBig

I was kicked out of BigBig so now I am here!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi, I am an in your face up close and personal sort of person who filters his opinions on EVERY subject through the Bible. I am against illegal immigration, abortion, socialized/universal health care, Gun Control, Gay Marriage etc and I am FOR Individual rights INCLUDING the 2nd ammendment, Personal responsibility & accountability, patriotism, conservative traditional american values and the death penalty!

I was abused, vilified, attacked and ultimately BANNED from bigbig forums unjustly and dishonestly I might add.I dont expect to be here long as I ALWAYS tell the truth as I see it and I dont worry about stepping on toes.
http://forums.momswhothink.com/images/smilies/ban.gif

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is BULL CRAP. Please Bubbles, if your DH wants his account back, Lying to MWT (which they're a part of BBS ya know) is not going to help his case. Why should the BBS Mods help him with his other account if he's just going to be "abused" here?? Ugh, I dont want to take the time to type everything that im thinking...im heading back over to MWT though to say something else.

Lasher
07-18-2007, 02:38 PM
I said the same thing in the abortion thread. Not because I'm a hag, but because I really thought he would enjoy that board better. Ahh well.

If no one needs to yell at me any longer, I'm off to shower before my 12 shift at the hospital.

Can we just yell in the shower?

suprtruckr
07-18-2007, 02:43 PM
I'm off to shower before my 12 shift at the hospital.

turn the cam on ;) :rolling

freeby4me
07-18-2007, 02:45 PM

You watch too much Big Brother LOL

pepperpot
07-18-2007, 02:51 PM
Bubbles, you certainly have your hands full........*shakes head*

In all honesty, I could not imagine living like this every day. I'm not trying to be mean, I really do think he needs help.

Lasher
07-18-2007, 03:06 PM

It's all fogged up I can't see a thing

ahippiechic
07-18-2007, 03:07 PM
Well, I see he got his original account back.

SHould be replying any minute now, lol!

renaissanceman
07-18-2007, 03:18 PM

I am now renaissanceman, and I have no Idea why you should pity me, I have a GREAT life.

Beautiful wife and kids, decent intellect and creative abilities, many hobbies and interests and an absolute certainty of where I shall spend eternity.

When you say that you pity me and wll pray for me you are judging me.

Im cool with that though, but save your prayers. I am in really good health and spirits.

janelle
07-18-2007, 03:20 PM
Oh my. Let's all practice our whithering looks. HE'S BAAACCCKKKK.

I'm in such a mood today. :rolleyes:

renaissanceman
07-18-2007, 03:20 PM
Touche!

DtroitPunk - I will chant for your wife - SHE is earning her place in your heaven, being married to you! 2 words for you - spell check.

You cannot earn your way into heaven. If you find mistakes in my posts, its most likely due to fast and sloppy typing as I am fairly well acquainted with the English language AND I have a dictionary and a Bible near my PC.

renaissanceman
07-18-2007, 03:25 PM
You make a lot of assumptions about people and fail to listen to what they are saying. That's my opinion.
I still believe you started this thread to piss people off for your own agenda. That's also my opinion.
I am sorry, but if you are not a priest or 'higher' in the pecking order, you do not have the right to carry on and preach your own version and interpretation to others and be so cut throat and arrogant. You are a 'member' in God's community, not 'judge, jury and executioner'.....tone it down.

And if you have a problem with that, put me on ignore.

You make a lot of people feel bad here with your ranting and that certainly isn't 'Christian-like". JMHO. And certainly does not make you appear inteligent nor a gentleman, again, an opinion.

I guess that when you say things its OK because you keep saying JMO? Your messages to me are JUST as harsh and judgemental as many of mine. YOU could ignore me as well.

I have shown FROM the bible that Jesus was often Cross and harsh with people. I USUALLY dont start that way, but I DO sometimes get a little carried away in debates.

Your referring to my posts as RANTS is also a JUDGEMENT is it not?

For about the 50th time I dont interpret the bible, I read it.

renaissanceman
07-18-2007, 03:32 PM
Well I'll tell you what. You go through all your righteous qualities and then you make a list of what we Catholics need to be judged on and get back to me cuz I'm tired and I have to be at work early. Just remember to let he who is without sin cast the first stone and warn me so I can duck! :D

I didnt start this thread JUST to get into loud opinionated debate with Catholics. I REALLY was hoping that seeing the leader of the Catholic church making such Bold statements devoid of Biblical support might cause those of the Catholic faith to take a good long look at their faiths and the reasons they believe what they do.

If the Pope can be so wrong, might not other teachings of the church be in question?

I am not using this as a tool to assassinate the Catholic Church, however IF this thread causes even 1 catholic to come to a fuller knowledge of the bible and how the Catholic church in many points DOESNT agree with it....Then isnt that a good thing?

Perhaps not for the Catholic faith but for the individual Christian, YES.

The whole story of let he who is without sin cast the first stone is taken out of context. I have addressed this before.

In reality the woman in question DID deserve to be stoned to death under the law. The men who were going to stone her were HYPOCRITES though. They probably had lain with her or sopme other of the temple prostitutes. You have no right to judge someone for sexual immorality if YOU are guilty ALSO of sexual immorality.

janelle
07-18-2007, 03:32 PM
If you read the bible all by yourself you are interpreting it for yourself. No other way to put it. It's too scholarly a book to read alone. You would need to be a Jewish scholar and have many degrees to do it by yourself. Did you also go through school this way? No help from your teachers?

Do you even have a church community to bounce things off of in the bible ? We all need perspective.

renaissanceman
07-18-2007, 03:34 PM

I am back as renaissanceman!

renaissanceman
07-18-2007, 03:36 PM
Wow, I am sorry DPunk got banned. Does anyone know why? I was going to reply to his post. Actually, maybe because I'm new, I enjoyed addressing his statements/questions. I don't think he understands very much about the parameters of papal infallibility and issues of ecumenicism versus the relativity of faith beliefs as regarded by the Catholic church.

I only check in every few days, so I missed his last post, but I'm sorry he's gone. Sometimes it takes someone shaking things up to get a good debate or conversation going!

I am back VAL1 and thank you for realizing that I am NOT jsut trying to start stuff. I LOVE good honest debate.

renaissanceman
07-18-2007, 03:37 PM
I too will miss Dtroit ... interesting points to say the least.

THANK YOU! I really try to get folks to question the status-quo and their pre-conceived notions and traditions.

You and I actually agree on MOST topics. I enjoy alot of your informative posts.

janelle
07-18-2007, 03:38 PM
[QUOTE=.

In reality the woman in question DID deserve to be stoned to death under the law. The men who were going to stone her were HYPOCRITES though. They probably had lain with her or sopme other of the temple prostitutes. You have no right to judge someone for sexual immorality if YOU are guilty ALSO of sexual immorality.[/QUOTE]
================================================== =========================
I NEVER got the message those who were going to stone her had been sexual with her. That is your interpretation and a supposition. There you go interpretating the bible for yourself. Jesus's lesson there is to ALL of us who are with sin---an that is ALL OF US--- to consider how we judge someone else.

renaissanceman
07-18-2007, 03:40 PM

I understand what you are saying Pepper, but I really didnt even remeber what my ORIGINAL user name was I knew it was renaissanceman but I didnt know if I had used any numbers or symbols. Plus it had been so LONG that I forgot what I had said and figured most people wouldnt remember me anyways.

pepperpot
07-18-2007, 03:43 PM
I understand what you are saying Pepper, but I really didnt even remeber what my ORIGINAL user name was I knew it was renaissanceman but I didnt know if I had used any numbers or symbols. Plus it had been so LONG that I forgot what I had said and figured most people wouldnt remember me anyways.

You couldn't even figure it out from your wife's siggy?

You need help. No joke, no sarcasm....you really do need help.

renaissanceman
07-18-2007, 03:44 PM
Although the topics he posted could have been good debates, he seemed (to me, anyway) more interested in belittling and name-calling in most of his other posts. Not a good way to have a conversation.

That is really not true. I showed in another thread where I posted some stuff that was not well received and SEVERAL people started in on ME first. I dont like to go to the namecalling and backstabbing, but I dont let anyone get a free lick in on me.

I know as a Christian I should turn the other cheek, but as a guy who grew up in Detroit and was in the Army I Just have a sort of mean streak,

I keep it in check for the most part.

I dont start anything, but I also dont take anything.

janelle
07-18-2007, 03:50 PM
Oh my, happy days he has me on ignore. That is the only way you can debate him. Kinda fun. No more saying something and he comes back and says you are doing the same thing to him. HEEHEEHEE Then around and around we go. Like taking to that grass over there. LOL

freeby4me
07-18-2007, 03:53 PM
One thing I cant help but notice is how you keep referring to Jesus. " Jesus was often Cross and harsh with people" Ok....that was Jesus! You are not Jesus. You dont have to be Harsh and Cross with people. Im just saying....

renaissanceman
07-18-2007, 03:55 PM
I've been telling him about that place for how long now LOL Its about time!

Yeah I only registered there, because I couldnt post here. Now I have accts with both places but that doesnt mean I will cease to be controversial here.

janelle
07-18-2007, 03:57 PM
I have a feeling you won't stop being controversial anywhere. You like to be controversial even if you have to change sides to do it.

ahippiechic
07-18-2007, 03:58 PM
One thing I cant help but notice is how you keep referring to Jesus. " Jesus was often Cross and harsh with people" Ok....that was Jesus! You are not Jesus. You dont have to be Harsh and Cross with people. Im just saying....

Sorry, but LMFAO! http://myhippiespace.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/laughing1.gif
My BF was just saying the same thing, word for word, creepy!

freeby4me
07-18-2007, 04:03 PM
Yeah I only registered there, because I couldnt post here. Now I have accts with both places but that doesnt mean I will cease to be controversial here.

Oy...nobody says you have to "fit in" or "conform" but you dont NEED to be controversial here. Nobody doesnt want you to "not be here" but you dont have to try and purposely cause trouble, that wont help anybody. Theres a difference between posting an opinion and view on your religion and purposely starting Trouble.

freeby4me
07-18-2007, 04:04 PM
Sorry, but LMFAO! http://myhippiespace.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/laughing1.gif
My BF was just saying the same thing, word for word, creepy!

Yikes that is a little creepy LMAO!! I guess I should be flattered!!

ahippiechic
07-18-2007, 04:08 PM
Yikes that is a little creepy LMAO!! I guess I should be flattered!!

LMAO! I sent him back to work, lol!

janelle
07-18-2007, 04:09 PM
Ya know we could all take care of this by putting him on ignore. Waiting to see if that happens.

renaissanceman
07-18-2007, 04:24 PM
If you read the bible all by yourself you are interpreting it for yourself. No other way to put it. It's too scholarly a book to read alone. You would need to be a Jewish scholar and have many degrees to do it by yourself. Did you also go through school this way? No help from your teachers?

Do you even have a church community to bounce things off of in the bible ? We all need perspective.

I havent put you on ignore yet so I will answer this. The whole thing about the average person not being EDUCATED enought to read and understand the Bible is one of the GREATEST lies ever told to man.

It was just one of the many tolls that MANY organized religions used to sort of enslave people to church attendance.

I have attended church for a great number of years and have attended a Pastors school led by Dr. Jack Hyles in Hammond, In. It was open to ALL men of the church, but focused on how to run the church as a pastor, deacon or elder.

I currently do not have a Home Church as I am looking for a local commuity that DOESNT water down the Bible.

I actually was reading at a college level at a VERY early age and in fact by 9th grade I was getting kicked out of my English class for correcting my teacher. My problems with the administartion were just part of why I ended up dropping out of High School in the 1st month of the 10th grade. I then went on to work full time and join the Army with parental consent at 17. I did VERY well on the ASVAB (Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery) maxing out on the Verbal composite section.

After my basic training I went and took the GED pretest. I did VERY well on it and was allowed to take the G.E.D. with no classes. I passed my G.E.D. the first time with only a 9th grade education. I am no genius, but I am fairly bright and I have ALWAYS loved to read. Because of this I had basically taught myself all I needed to graduate from high school by 9th grade.

For those who think I am being egotistical, I only brought this up in such detail to answer this post.

My wife also KNOWS all this as we were in the same English Class.

I believe that ANYONE of sufficient intellect who has access to the tools they need can teach THEMSELVES nearly anything they want to know.

I see this every day as my wife is a distance ED student at a Major college. Distance ed students have to do everything that students in a classroom environment do with no on the spot support. So when she has a problem, in the time she would wait for an email or phone call from some professor she has found it is better and faster to research and teach herself.

1 Corimthians 14:33 tells us that God is not the author of confusion...

What about missionary work? Is it pointless to go give an indigenuos peoples bibles in their own lanquage? According to some they cant understand it without the filter of a church, right? So why are so many missionaries spreading the gospel and wasting their time?

People keep on saying that I belittle others and insult their intelligence? ANY religion or Church that says that you are not intelligent enough or special enough or educated enough to understand Gods word without their help is lying and moreover they are INSULTING their parishoners.

renaissanceman
07-18-2007, 04:29 PM
================================================== =========================
I NEVER got the message those who were going to stone her had been sexual with her. That is your interpretation and a supposition. There you go interpretating the bible for yourself. Jesus's lesson there is to ALL of us who are with sin---an that is ALL OF US--- to consider how we judge someone else.

I NEVER said that they all had been sexual with her. My point is that ALL of them were guilty of sexual immorality. If one of them had been RIGHTEOUS he would have stoned her and Jesus wouldnt have forbid it.

Matthew 5:17 "Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil."

Those are the words of Christ.

turbob
07-18-2007, 04:34 PM
For Pete's sake, brag, brag, brag. You can put lipstick on a pig, but its still a pig. I thought Christians prided themselves on humility?

renaissanceman
07-18-2007, 04:45 PM
:vroam:
I have a feeling you won't stop being controversial anywhere. You like to be controversial even if you have to change sides to do it.

THAT is a LIE. I wouldnt change my views or beliefs for ANYONE ever! I am controversial PRECISELY because I will not change my views no matter HOW many people get angry with me.

Also. YOU cant debate me. NEVER could. You havent ONE time shown me to be wrong or argued away anything I have had to say, coming back with a smart remark isnt debate.

You see that you are INCAPABLE of debating a point I have made on its merits so instead you just say something smart alecky or twist my words to try to get people to not take me seriously.

OK, after this post I place you on ignore.

Lasher
07-18-2007, 04:46 PM
For Pete's sake, brag, brag, brag. You can put lipstick on a pig, but its still a pig. I thought Christians prided themselves on humility?

Exactly going to church and reading the bible doesn't make you a Chrisitan, just like sitting in a garage and reading and owner's manual doesn't make you a car.

buttrfli
07-18-2007, 04:49 PM
Exactly going to church and reading the bible doesn't make you a Chrisitan, just like sitting in a garage and reading and owner's manual doesn't make you a car.

I am so attracted to you right now LOL

renaissanceman
07-18-2007, 04:50 PM

I do have humility, I was stating fact not bragging. And whats with the pig crack? You should never say about someone what you wouldnt say to their face!

I can guarantee that MOST of the same people who feel so comfortable JABBING at people online wouldnt say word one to my face.

Jolie Rouge
07-18-2007, 04:50 PM
I NEVER got the message those who were going to stone her had been sexual with her.

http://www.bigbigforums.com/news-information/549389-iranian-wife-faces-death-stoning-adultery.html?highlight=barbaric

This is STILL practiced in the Middle East.

The point of the parable was that the Officails were trying to trick Jesus - they brought only the woman before him to be judged; not the man. If he condemned her only he broke the law; if he condemned her not at all; he also broke the law. Either would give the officials grounds to prosecute Jesus for failing to enforce the law ... he put it back on them by saying "Let he without sin cast the first stone."

Lasher
07-18-2007, 04:51 PM
I am so attracted to you right now LOL

LMAO How you doing?http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/23.gif

renaissanceman
07-18-2007, 04:52 PM

I AGREE with you on THIS one hundred percent just not on the context. MANY people go to church and read the bible but they arent really Christians. Once again though, here you are judging ME.

Jolie Rouge
07-18-2007, 04:52 PM

hmmmmm ... I like that !

LOL

Lasher
07-18-2007, 04:54 PM
I AGREE with you on THIS one hundred percent just not on the context. MANY people go to church and read the bible but they arent really Christians. Once again though, here you are judging ME.

Which again I admit freely. Just like I said at MWT, I think you are predjudice, and take great pleasure in slamming other people's religous beliefs. But that's an observation from your posts, not a blanketed statement based on preconceived notions.

renaissanceman
07-18-2007, 04:55 PM
http://www.bigbigforums.com/news-information/549389-iranian-wife-faces-death-stoning-adultery.html?highlight=barbaric

This is STILL practiced in the Middle East.

The point of the parable was that the Officails were trying to trick Jesus - they brought only the woman before him to be judged; not the man. If he condemned her only he broke the law; if he condemned her not at all; he also broke the law. Either would give the officials grounds to prosecute Jesus for failing to enforce the law ... he put it back on them by saying "Let he without sin cast the first stone."
THANKS Jolie!!
This shows REAL depth of learning and reading of the bible! I appreciate your input! I had forgotten this aspect of the story. It does prove my point though, if the man had been present ALSO they would bOTH have been stoned most likely.:star:

renaissanceman
07-18-2007, 05:03 PM
Which again I admit freely. Just like I said at MWT, I think you are predjudice, and take great pleasure in slamming other people's religous beliefs. But that's an observation from your posts, not a blanketed statement based on preconceived notions.

You have every right to your opinions. BUT once again you are GENERALIZING, against whom exactly do you think I am predjudiced?

I take NO pleasure in slamming the beliefs of others. I DO take GREAT pleasure in causing people to look inward and FACE their beliefs, convictions and ideals. If anyone is uncomfortable with or INCAPABLE of introspection, that is something that should be addressed.

I hope that people would rather look into subjects and educate themselves, then make their own judgements on the truth or falsity of their beliefs.

If we only know what others have told us and havent tested it for ourselves, we cant be too terribly certain of our beliefs now can we.

ahippiechic
07-18-2007, 05:18 PM
I can guarantee that MOST of the same people who feel so comfortable JABBING at people online wouldnt say word one to my face.

Just letting you know that I am not 'most', Because if you had talked to me IRL like you have to people on here, I would have bitch-slapped you.

renaissanceman
07-18-2007, 05:22 PM
Bubbles, you certainly have your hands full........*shakes head*

In all honesty, I could not imagine living like this every day. I'm not trying to be mean, I really do think he needs help.

For the record, bubbles put you on ignore.

In the beginning YOU agreed with most of my posts, do you also need help?

And on what do you base that statement? Are you a Mental Health Professional or are you speaking from your own experience?

pepperpot
07-18-2007, 05:28 PM
For the record, bubbles put you on ignore.

In the beginning YOU agreed with most of my posts, do you also need help?

And on what do you base that statement? Are you a Mental Health Professional or are you speaking from your own experience?

Matter of fact, yes I am trained to recognize EDP's (Emotionally Disturbed Persons).

My comments are not aimed on your contents but your behavior. Your behavior is erratic, ranting and typical of an EDP. You are in need of serious psych help and I hope you seek it before your behavior progresses to the next level. If I were your wife, I would be very concerned, not only for herself but for your son.

Believe me my feelings are not hurt by being on ignore however, she needs to seek help as well living in this environment.

freeby4me
07-18-2007, 05:33 PM
I do have humility, I was stating fact not bragging. And whats with the pig crack? You should never say about someone what you wouldnt say to their face!

That depends, are you 7'9" and 500 LBS?? :rolling otherwise, yes I do believe EVERYONE on here would say it to your face. LOL I think that preconception that people hide behind their computers is just that, false. Would YOU not be willing to say these things in real life, I doubt that.

renaissanceman
07-18-2007, 05:36 PM
Just letting you know that I am not 'most', Because if you had talked to me IRL like you have to people on here, I would have bitch-slapped you.

Well, where I am from if a woman slaps a man the first is a gimme if you do it again you had better be ready to fight.

Its easy for you to say what you would have done.

I am placing you on ignore .

renaissanceman
07-18-2007, 05:40 PM
Matter of fact, yes I am trained to recognize EDP's (Emotionally Disturbed Persons).

My comments are not aimed on your contents but your behavior. Your behavior is erratic, ranting and typical of an EDP. You are in need of serious psych help and I hope you seek it before your behavior progresses to the next level. If I were your wife, I would be very concerned, not only for herself but for your son.

Believe me my feelings are not hurt by being on ignore however, she needs to seek help as well living in this environment.

YOU must be SUPER MENTAL HEALTH GAL! Since you can tell so much about a person from a few posts. I am placing you on ignore as well since you seem to have nothing to offer but personal attacks.

renaissanceman
07-18-2007, 05:46 PM
I am starting to place ALOT of people on ignore, some people dont want debate and dont want to be presented with any ideas they dont like ESPESIALLY if its not expressed in a POLITICALLY CORRECT and touchy feely manner.

I am sorry but I just dont have time to CONSTANTLY answer slanderous personal attacks from persons who have NO interest in actually debating any of my points.

From NOW on I will report any out of line post and place on ignore the offender.

MAybe now I can have some time to actually talk to and debate with people who ARE open to others views.

I make no apologies for myself. I just dont have the time to worry that something I post MIGHT offend someone. I tell the truth as I see it. If you dont like it thats cool, but you dont have to attack me. After all thats what the ignore button is for.

turbob
07-18-2007, 05:56 PM
Once again, EVEN with ALL your superior mental ability,you have totally missed the point of one of my posts. It was not a "pig crack" (BTW, pigs are very intelligent creatures, but you knew that, didn't you ,with your superior learning experiences). What that statement actually meant was, that even people who have been educated are not always smart. But, because you labor under the misguided illusion that the world revolves around you, you took it as a direct insult. And, if you really want me to say to your face what I think about your mind numbing preaching, I live in Columbus, Ohio - if you come this way, let me know. I will pm you my address and phone number, because I would DEARLY love to meet you "face to face".

"MAybe now I can have some time to actually talk to and debate with people who ARE open to others views" - debate actually means a give and take discussion - something you are not able to do. You don't debate - you preach your ideas only, and if others don't agree with you, you can't take it. BTW - two words- spell check!

renaissanceman
07-18-2007, 06:03 PM
That depends, are you 7'9" and 500 LBS?? :rolling otherwise, yes I do believe EVERYONE on here would say it to your face. LOL I think that preconception that people hide behind their computers is just that, false. Would YOU not be willing to say these things in real life, I doubt that.

I totally disagree, I see it EVERY day whether I am on the computer or my son is. My 14 year old son had a kid that kept on lying on him and calling my son a F'en liar etc etc on myspace. This was a kid who had pretended to be his friend. Nothing bad had happened between them or anything, this kid was just jealous. My son warned him to stop playing hard on the net, and it didnt stop.

I took my son and went down and told the kids mom and her boyfriend what was going on. I told them it was going to stop NOW or I would personally take my son to wait for their son before or after school so he could try to back up his mouth in front of his friends. I would be their as a referee, when someone said stop or hit the ground it was over.

The mom understood where I was coming from and in fact had told him before about pretending to be something he wasnt and acting tough etc. She told him that it was going to stop now and said that if there was still bad blood they could duke it out right now in the street with both parents there.

OF COURSE, the kid said no. We havent had one word out of him since then.

MOST people today do and say WHATEVER they want because NOONE ever does anything about it.

Growing up in Detroit, I did learn one thing. Talk crap to the wrong person, and you definitely will know it.

I believe idealogically that peace is always the best course of action, but if you are UNWILLING to fight for your honor or your beliefs or for ANY reason you can guarantee that this is an invitation to abuse.

Just think on High School there were some kids that got picked on ALL the time, because everyone knew that they wouldnt or couldnt fight back. Then there were some kids who got in a couple of fights and sent a STRONG message that they werent victims and got left alone.

When someone says violence NEVER Solves anything they are being Naive and IGNORING history.

IthinkNOT!
07-18-2007, 06:08 PM
My word, left to go out to dinner, and now he's got that PHD up his butt again!

renaissanceman
07-18-2007, 06:23 PM
Once again, EVEN with ALL your superior mental ability,you have totally missed the point of one of my posts. It was not a "pig crack" (BTW, pigs are very intelligent creatures, but you knew that, didn't you ,with your superior learning experiences). What that statement actually meant was, that even people who have been educated are not always smart. But, because you labor under the misguided illusion that the world revolves around you, you took it as a direct insult. And, if you really want me to say to your face what I think about your mind numbing preaching, I live in Columbus, Ohio - if you come this way, let me know. I will pm you my address and phone number, because I would DEARLY love to meet you "face to face".
:rules
"MAybe now I can have some time to actually talk to and debate with people who ARE open to others views" - debate actually means a give and take discussion - something you are not able to do. You don't debate - you preach your ideas only, and if others don't agree with you, you can't take it. BTW - two words- spell check!

First off you started in on me by saying I was bragging which I was not. I NEVER said that I had SUPERIOR mental abilities nor did I say or do I think that the world revolves around me. Once again also, if you find spelling errors I can almost GUARANTEE that they are typing errors.

I have debates and arguments with people all the time. I am ready willing and ABLE to debate points at any time. TRY me since you say that I cant take it. Start a new thread on ANY subject you like If I agree you can pick another, but I doubt we will agree on much.

Most of the people I have engaged here had no interest in debate they were only interested in running me down to others. I have rarely seen anyone actually debate me on anything in this forum.

As to the face to face crack, first off you are violating the rules. Secondly, thats a pretty childish thing to say since you know that we are in different geographical locations. You have a reasonable certainty that you will never have to face me.
Pretty easy for you to talk tuff over the internet.

renaissanceman
07-18-2007, 06:26 PM
My word, left to go out to dinner, and now he's got that PHD up his butt again!

WOW, such a witty comment did you think it up all by yourself?

Every time you post in a thread I am in you just make smart alecky comments. I guess you dont have anything constructive to add.

ahippiechic
07-18-2007, 06:27 PM
Growing up in Detroit, I did learn one thing. Talk crap to the wrong person, and you definitely will know it.

Since I'm on ignore, you won't see this, but I agree with you here! And I didn't even grow up in Detroit. That's exactly what I was saying.

IthinkNOT!
07-18-2007, 06:29 PM
WOW, such a witty comment did you think it up all by yourself?

Every time you post in a thread I am in you just make smart alecky comments. I guess you dont have anything constructive to add.
Excuse me, it's called humor to try and break the tension, if you don't like my posts you may place me on ignore. And I figure why post my opinion when ppl like you will just tell me I'm wrong and I'm going to hell for not thinking just like them. Get off your high horse, and don't even try talk down to me.

renaissanceman
07-18-2007, 06:39 PM
Excuse me, it's called humor to try and break the tension, if you don't like my posts you may place me on ignore. And I figure why post my opinion when ppl like you will just tell me I'm wrong and I'm going to hell for not thinking just like them. Get off your high horse, and don't even try talk down to me.

Im trying to figure out why, but I HAVE already put you on ignore and I STILL see your posts.

I would be more than willing to debate you if you wanted it. I am not talking down to you, I am just trying to get you to take ownership of your comments.

Its a little childish to just always post an insult or smart comment.

I would not tell you that you were wrong or that you were going to hell for disagreeing with me. You dont have to think JUST like me to get to heaven either. I do feel that IF you believe in God and the Bible there are certain things that should be NON guestions, that doesnt mean that just because we disgaree that you havent accepted the Lord Jesus as your savior.

Now where exactly do you get that just because we disagree that I think your going to hell?

ONCE again someone TOTALLY misrepresents what I believe.

Oh, and you call slanderous personal attacks humor? This is childish behavior, so if you feel that I am talking down to you maybe its because you KNOW that YOU are acting innapropriately.

vicky122
07-18-2007, 06:46 PM
This is so funny. Don't you know they are the only people on here that knows everything. I wouldn't waste my time on them. What is really funny is how they think they are better then the other place. When they are the same if not worse. All they can do is pick apart a post amd make jokes. They really need help. Maybe pepperpot can give them all a free session because she is
trained to recognize EDP's (Emotionally Disturbed Persons). Because that is what they are.
Don't you know if you made a post saying I think red roses are very pretty they would have something to say. Hell they talked about you in a post that you wasn't in. But everyone knows and can see how they are they show thier true colores everyday.Lets see how many will go over my post and have to spell check it. Because thats all they can do.

IthinkNOT!
07-18-2007, 06:53 PM
Personally I feel that your role here is to try and start a debate, not for the sake of debate, but for the sake of trying to show that you (in your own mind) are better than anyone else. Also, there have been no personal attacks, just observations, a personal attack would be if I directed to you a comment such as: dtroitpunk/renawhatever man (whatever you choose to call yourself these days) you are a pompass ass. Just an example mind you. (as in not a personal attack, just a sample of what one might be like)

renaissanceman
07-18-2007, 07:03 PM
Personally I feel that your role here is to try and start a debate, not for the sake of debate, but for the sake of trying to show that you (in your own mind) are better than anyone else. Also, there have been no personal attacks, just observations, a personal attack would be if I directed to you a comment such as: dtroitpunk/renawhatever man (whatever you choose to call yourself these days) you are a pompass ass. Just an example mind you.

So? Let me get this straight saying I sound like I have a PHD shoved up my butt is an OBSERVATION?

Definition of observation from
http://www.m-w.com/dictionary/observation

Main Entry: 1ob·ser·va·tion
Pronunciation: "äb-s&r-'vA-sh&n, -z&r-
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle French, from Latin observation-, observatio, from observare
1 a : an act or instance of observing a custom, rule, or law b : OBSERVANCE 3
2 a : an act of recognizing and noting a fact or occurrence often involving measurement with instruments <weather observations> b : a record or description so obtained
3 : a judgment on or inference from what one has observed; broadly : REMARK, STATEMENT
4 obsolete : attentive care : HEED
5 : the condition of one that is observed <under observation at the hospital>

I do see what you mean about the personal attacks though, sort of like if I HYPOTHETICALLY called you a retarded Bitc* just hypothetically mind you.

AND before anyone reports this post or jumps all over me I have done no more than IthinkNot.

I just thought I would point out how silly you were to try and SLIP that attack past. If you think I am a pompous ass thats totally cool. It would only bother me if I cared what people on this thread thought of me.

renaissanceman
07-18-2007, 07:10 PM
This is so funny. Don't you know they are the only people on here that knows everything. I wouldn't waste my time on them. What is really funny is how they think they are better then the other place. When they are the same if not worse. All they can do is pick apart a post amd make jokes. They really need help. Maybe pepperpot can give them all a free session because she is
trained to recognize EDP's (Emotionally Disturbed Persons). Because that is what they are.
Don't you know if you made a post saying I think red roses are very pretty they would have something to say. Hell they talked about you in a post that you wasn't in. But everyone knows and can see how they are they show thier true colores everyday.Lets see how many will go over my post and have to spell check it. Because thats all they can do.

VICKY! I dont agree with all you say and we have some VERY different views on illegal immigration, BUT you are dead on here.

Some people get mad at you once and they NEVER forget it. They will follow you around from post to post talking smack to all you say. I have started using ignore ALOT!

IthinkNOT!
07-18-2007, 07:11 PM
So? Let me get this straight saying I sound like I have a PHD shoved up my butt is an OBSERVATION?

Definition of observation from
http://www.m-w.com/dictionary/observation

Main Entry: 1ob·ser·va·tion
Pronunciation: "äb-s&r-'vA-sh&n, -z&r-
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle French, from Latin observation-, observatio, from observare
1 a : an act or instance of observing a custom, rule, or law b : OBSERVANCE 3
2 a : an act of recognizing and noting a fact or occurrence often involving measurement with instruments <weather observations> b : a record or description so obtained
3 : a judgment on or inference from what one has observed; broadly : REMARK, STATEMENT
4 obsolete : attentive care : HEED
5 : the condition of one that is observed <under observation at the hospital>

I do see what you mean about the personal attacks though, sort of like if I HYPOTHETICALLY called you a retarded Bitc* just hypothetically mind you.

AND before anyone reports this post or jumps all over me I have done no more than IthinkNot.

I just thought I would point out how silly you were to try and SLIP that attack past. If you think I am a pompous ass thats totally cool. It would only bother me if I cared what people on this thread thought of me.
lets see, you cared when it was a "slanderous personal attack" but when THEORETICALLY you are a pompous a$$ you don't care, MAKE UP YOUR MIND!! BTW how's that ignore function working for you??

freeby4me
07-18-2007, 07:16 PM
I totally disagree, I see it EVERY day whether I am on the computer or my son is. My 14 year old son had a kid that kept on lying on him and calling my son a F'en liar etc etc on myspace. This was a kid who had pretended to be his friend. Nothing bad had happened between them or anything, this kid was just jealous. My son warned him to stop playing hard on the net, and it didnt stop.

I took my son and went down and told the kids mom and her boyfriend what was going on. I told them it was going to stop NOW or I would personally take my son to wait for their son before or after school so he could try to back up his mouth in front of his friends. I would be their as a referee, when someone said stop or hit the ground it was over.

The mom understood where I was coming from and in fact had told him before about pretending to be something he wasnt and acting tough etc. She told him that it was going to stop now and said that if there was still bad blood they could duke it out right now in the street with both parents there.

OF COURSE, the kid said no. We havent had one word out of him since then.

MOST people today do and say WHATEVER they want because NOONE ever does anything about it.

I believe idealogically that peace is always the best course of action, but if you are UNWILLING to fight for your honor or your beliefs or for ANY reason you can guarantee that this is an invitation to abuse.

Just think on High School there were some kids that got picked on ALL the time, because everyone knew that they wouldnt or couldnt fight back. Then there were some kids who got in a couple of fights and sent a STRONG message that they werent victims and got left alone.

When someone says violence NEVER Solves anything they are being Naive and IGNORING history.

OK...see this is a good example. I was being nice and "light" about my post and you've gone and over-analized it. Of course 14 year olds do that "my space, chatroom, you suck" type deal. But anyways....
Whats the difference to you if someone would say it to your face or not. Perhaps alot of people on here see you as an Online Bully. Perhaps you're a tiny little man in real life who's got a squeaky little voice and being on a computer makes you feel powerful. I dunno....Like you said in a later post, why bring it up when you know that none of us will never meet. I dont go around saying "Hi, My name is Freeby4me" so nobody would know me anyways right. Just something to think about.

vicky122
07-18-2007, 07:17 PM
Nobody has to agree with me on it. It is how I feel. It doesn't bother me at all how anyone feels about it. You don't agree with me and hey thats fine. I have no problem with it. I don't agree on some of your post but I am not going to bash you or tear apart your post because of it. I mean that's just crazy. And that is all they can do. Some people will stop posting because of them me I could careless. I do read your post it makes for good reading I know that's hard for them to grasp being they have stupid in all. Keep posting what ever it is you believe in.

DBackFan
07-18-2007, 07:25 PM
Welcome back renaissanceman (aka DP). Business as usual? LOL

Remember the mighty few are really quite pitiful but I know you actually enjoy this so lets just say...have fun! ;)

freeby4me
07-18-2007, 07:34 PM

Remember the mighty few are really quite pitiful but I know you actually enjoy this so lets just say...have fun! ;)

I pity da fool...:boxing: no wait,...nevermind LOL Ya know I luvs ya DBackFan!! :dancing:

renaissanceman
07-18-2007, 07:41 PM
lets see, you cared when it was a "slanderous personal attack" but when THEORETICALLY you are a pompous a$$ you don't care, MAKE UP YOUR MIND!! BTW how's that ignore function working for you??

Iis NOT smart aleck, Bubbles put you on ignore and it wont work either. TRUST me I CANT wait to ignore you.

If I cared ANY less about what you have to say I wouldnt have a pulse. I only addressed your attacks against me BECAUSE everyone says that is what I do.

renaissanceman
07-18-2007, 07:44 PM
OK...see this is a good example. I was being nice and "light" about my post and you've gone and over-analized it. Of course 14 year olds do that "my space, chatroom, you suck" type deal. But anyways....
Whats the difference to you if someone would say it to your face or not. Perhaps alot of people on here see you as an Online Bully. Perhaps you're a tiny little man in real life who's got a squeaky little voice and being on a computer makes you feel powerful. I dunno....Like you said in a later post, why bring it up when you know that none of us will never meet. I dont go around saying "Hi, My name is Freeby4me" so nobody would know me anyways right. Just something to think about.

I was just trying to address what you said about how MOST people dont hide behind online personas with a real-world example.

As a general rule it is a VERY good policy to treat others the way you expect to be treated and to NEVER say anything behind someones back, or behind an anonymous name that you wouldnt say to a persons face.

renaissanceman
07-18-2007, 07:46 PM

YUP, I love debate! Unfortunately I havent been able to find any here. So I started ignoring some people!

IthinkNOT!
07-18-2007, 07:47 PM
Ignore this! :bird:
Iis NOT smart aleck, Bubbles put you on ignore and it wont work either. TRUST me I CANT wait to ignore you.

If I cared ANY less about what you have to say I wouldnt have a pulse. I only addressed your attacks against me BECAUSE everyone says that is what I do.

renaissanceman
07-18-2007, 07:54 PM

Does that one finger signify something OTHER than your IQ?

For the record I have reported you. I told you that I had placed you on ignore so why MUST you keep on commenting my posts with this INFANTILE behavior.:closed

IthinkNOT!
07-18-2007, 07:56 PM
Does that one finger signify something OTHER than your IQ?

For the record I have reported you. I told you that I had placed you on ignore so why MUST you keep on commenting my posts with this INFANTILE behavior.:closed
obviously that ignore thing isn't working real well for you!

pepperpot
07-18-2007, 08:53 PM
YOU must be SUPER MENTAL HEALTH GAL! Since you can tell so much about a person from a few posts. I am placing you on ignore as well since you seem to have nothing to offer but personal attacks.

No super powers here. You asked, I answered and my opinion is not based on a few posts, it is based on many posts showing irrational and delusional behavior. Obviously my assesment has hit a nerve as I am sure this is not the first time this has been suggested to you.

Report what you feel is necessary as I am not attacking you, I am advising you that you really do need help and it is in your best interests, for yourself and your family, and to seek it as soon as possible.

Good luck, I sincerely hope you get help.

pepperpot
07-18-2007, 09:01 PM
Not quite sure why you brought me into your post. DP asked a question and I answered. No need for snarky.

Perhaps if you took a step back and objectively looked at his behavior here and on MWT, you might have a different perspective. As I previously stated, I'm not referring to his content or his passions, but his behavior.

So do you have any training in mental health yourself? or just want to encourage a person who might be on the edge? Have you dealt with mentaly unstable people before? That would be other than your assessment of those on this board?

I'm not looking to fight with you, I strongly feel this person needs help a.s.a.p., sorry if you can't see that.

YankeeMary
07-18-2007, 09:04 PM
I have yet to read this whole thread but I have to say 2 things...

1.) In another thread, I believe the abortion thread, after his suspension he came back talking to Katt about everyone doing him wrong...yadda yadda yadda, well I haven't went back there to quote him or to copy it to post here but he said, (my own interpetation)somethings along the lines of, I am new here...which means he FLAT OUT LIED!!! (Member since 2001) As he isn't new here just his user name was used. Very very deceitful, and not something MY JESUS WOULD DO!!!

2.)I am not going to swear that it was JudyK (but am almost positive it is) said...If you are banned from BBS then you are banned at MWT and vice versa. Yet he was allowed to go there and stir trouble, funny he wouldn't go to MWT to debate, because according to him that is what he wanted to so was debate, yet he didn't go there to stir trouble, until he was banned from here.

To Bubbles: I have always liked and admired you. I am sorry I had no clue you were his wife. And I understand you love him, which makes me admire you more. I am also sorry that he called you a terrible name in another thread. I wish you the honest to Gods best.

YankeeMary
07-18-2007, 09:18 PM

I guarantee I would say more then one word to your face!

IthinkNOT!
07-18-2007, 09:21 PM
I guarantee I would say more then one word to your face!
Watch out he may report you, which is the adult version of "I'm telling" lol

janelle
07-18-2007, 09:31 PM
We might get lucky and he will put us all on ignore. I don't know if he gets along with anyone on these boards. He is even mad at Katt. Not sure how it will work when he reports her. ???

For all those who home school. This is what happens when you learn in a bubble. No input from the outside. Beware and get your kids into a group to bounce thoughts and feelings around. Let them see how others think about things and be in a community. Have them relate closely with others to cultivate compassion. I like homeschooling but it can isolate kids from others feelings. IMO.

If we only go by the :rules as we see them then we are all in trouble. Most churches do not teach this. They teach us to love one another as Jesus loved us. There are the ten commandants but they were given to us for a guidline on the best way to live, not a reason to bash others with them. Don't worry about the speck in your brothers eye but the plank in your own.

YankeeMary
07-18-2007, 09:34 PM
Watch out he may report you, which is the adult version of "I'm telling" lol
Truly I am not in the least bit worried about being reported, I belong to the animal riding clique...:sheep: and the hat wearling clique...lol.

Seriously though, all this good loving Bible thumping posting then to say something like, you wouldn't say that to my face, is kinda comical so I decided to try to be funny back, of course, my humor is dry. Bragging about being able to fight cause I was raised in Detroit...yadda yadda yadda (try living in Atlanta...lol) and saying people are acting infantile (sp) and like they are in highschool, I just feel that, that statement was very middle school.

YankeeMary
07-18-2007, 09:35 PM
If we only go by the :rules as we see them then we are all in trouble. Most churches do not teach this. They teach us to love one another as Jesus loved us. There are the ten commandants but they were given to us for a guidline on the best way to live, not a reason to bash others with them. Don't worry about the speck in your brothers eye but the plank in your own.

Well said.

suprtruckr
07-18-2007, 10:04 PM
Well, where I am from if a woman slaps a man the first is a gimme if you do it again you had better be ready to fight.

such a gentleman

and because that emote is called a bird that is NOT what it's doing

renaissanceman
07-18-2007, 10:13 PM
such a gentleman

Well, where I am from if you stand by and allow them some girls will kick the crap out of you. I will never be such a gentleman that I let any other human beat me.

ANY person that says they will stand by and let someone else beat on them is either stupid or a liar.

ahippiechic
07-18-2007, 10:16 PM
I didn't see that until you quoted it, LMAO!

But where I am from if a woman slaps a man there IS NO GIMMIE, you fight. Just because you grew up in Detriot, doesn't make you a badass.

YankeeMary
07-18-2007, 10:21 PM

If I am not mistaken, he reported that also. :rolling :rolling

IthinkNOT!
07-18-2007, 10:22 PM
what hasn't he reported???? He's playing I'm telling!

renaissanceman
07-18-2007, 10:28 PM
No super powers here. You asked, I answered and my opinion is not based on a few posts, it is based on many posts showing irrational and delusional behavior. Obviously my assesment has hit a nerve as I am sure this is not the first time this has been suggested to you.

Report what you feel is necessary as I am not attacking you, I am advising you that you really do need help and it is in your best interests, for yourself and your family, and to seek it as soon as possible.

Good luck, I sincerely hope you get help.

Well, since you KNOW so much you might know that sensitive positions in the Govt require a psych eval AND background check. I held a security clearance in the Army and have taken a MMPI (Minnesota Multi-Phasic Personality Inventory) as a part of my Clearance procedures.

Evidently the tests I took and the PSYCHIATRIST I spoke to in the Army DONT agree with you.

I did have you on ignore but took you off JUST to address this. YOU are making gross generalizations and ATTACKING my character repeatedly.

I personally dont care, but since you have identified yourself as a mental health professional? what a nurse in a psych ward? SOME people might MISTAKENLY believe that you actually can tell that someone needs help bsaed on such incomplete data.

PLEASE give some quotes to show where I have been delusional or irrational, you CANT.

I am not sure what I did to warrant so much attention from such an IMPORTANT and gifted Mental Health Professional, but PLEASE let it go. As a Disabled Veteran I get full care from the VA, so I think If I ACTUALLY did need help I would be getting it.

For you to repeatedly bring up the same accusations while giving no support for same, seems indicative in my non-official opinion of Obsessive Compulsive Disorder.

As you ARE a Mental Health professional, I will assume that IF you need help you are pursuing it.

After this I will NOT reply to you any longer.

renaissanceman
07-18-2007, 10:30 PM
Nobody has to agree with me on it. It is how I feel. It doesn't bother me at all how anyone feels about it. You don't agree with me and hey thats fine. I have no problem with it. I don't agree on some of your post but I am not going to bash you or tear apart your post because of it. I mean that's just crazy. And that is all they can do. Some people will stop posting because of them me I could careless. I do read your post it makes for good reading I know that's hard for them to grasp being they have stupid in all. Keep posting what ever it is you believe in.

THANK YOU!

suprtruckr
07-18-2007, 10:32 PM
Well, where I am from if you stand by and allow them some girls will kick the crap out of you. I will never be such a gentleman that I let any other human beat me.

ANY person that says they will stand by and let someone else beat on them is either stupid or a liar.

where i am from we were taught to respect a woman and if she drew back her hand either dodge it or block it but NEVER raise your hand to woman...

so i guess that means you just called me stupid

YankeeMary
07-18-2007, 10:35 PM
Well, since you KNOW so much you might know that sensitive positions in the Govt require a psych eval AND background check. I held a security clearance in the Army and have taken a MMPI (Minnesota Multi-Phasic Personality Inventory) as a part of my Clearance procedures.

Evidently the tests I took and the PSYCHIATRIST I spoke to in the Army DONT agree with you. Just for the record my SD has fooled many docs...this means nothing.

I did have you on ignore but took you off JUST to address this. If she was on ignore, you wouldn't know to address this?YOU are making gross generalizations and ATTACKING my character repeatedly.

I personally dont care, Obviously you do care, you are still here.but since you have identified yourself as a mental health professional? I believe she stated in another post what it is she is trained in, obviously you didn't read that part?what a nurse in a psych ward? SOME people might MISTAKENLY believe that you actually can tell that someone needs help bsaed on such incomplete data.

PLEASE give some quotes to show where I have been delusional or irrational, you CANT.Glad you gave her the actual chance.

I am not sure what I did to warrant so much attention from such an IMPORTANT and gifted Mental Health Professional, but PLEASE let it go. As a Disabled Veteran I get full care from the VA, so I think If I ACTUALLY did need help I would be getting it.From the VA...not necassarily true at least not any Vets I know. Thats one of the big disgraces to our vets is that their benefits are horrible and it take months to get an appointment.

For you to repeatedly bring up the same accusations while giving no support for same, seems indicative in my non-official opinion of Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. Or that you post alot with the behavior she is talking about.

As you ARE a Mental Health professional, I will assume that IF you need help you are pursuing it.

After this I will NOT reply to you any longer.This I got to see.

Ignore means ignore...there are no loop holes in ignore. The button either works or it doesn't. It doesn't just work when it is convient...lol.

YankeeMary
07-18-2007, 10:36 PM
where i am from we were taught to respect a woman and if she drew back her hand either dodge it or block it but NEVER raise your hand to woman...

Welcome to my world...:withstupid:

IthinkNOT!
07-18-2007, 10:38 PM

hey stupid, nice to meet ya, I'm retarded!

YankeeMary
07-18-2007, 10:41 PM
hey stupid, nice to meet ya, I'm retarded!

:slap our world just keeps getting bigger.

IthinkNOT!
07-18-2007, 10:44 PM
:slap our world just keeps getting bigger.
well ya know we can't all be a pompass know it all a.... LOL

renaissanceman
07-18-2007, 10:51 PM
I have yet to read this whole thread but I have to say 2 things...

1.) In another thread, I believe the abortion thread, after his suspension he came back talking to Katt about everyone doing him wrong...yadda yadda yadda, well I haven't went back there to quote him or to copy it to post here but he said, (my own interpetation)somethings along the lines of, I am new here...which means he FLAT OUT LIED!!! (Member since 2001) As he isn't new here just his user name was used. Very very deceitful, and not something MY JESUS WOULD DO!!!

2.)I am not going to swear that it was JudyK (but am almost positive it is) said...If you are banned from BBS then you are banned at MWT and vice versa. Yet he was allowed to go there and stir trouble, funny he wouldn't go to MWT to debate, because according to him that is what he wanted to so was debate, yet he didn't go there to stir trouble, until he was banned from here.

To Bubbles: I have always liked and admired you. I am sorry I had no clue you were his wife. And I understand you love him, which makes me admire you more. I am also sorry that he called you a terrible name in another thread. I wish you the honest to Gods best.

OK,
1. WRONG. I said something like "lets all pick on the new guy" Not I HAVE NEVER been on this forum before and am TOTALLY new to it. SO no I did not lIE nor have I been dishonest. I last posted on this site as renaissanceman YEARS ago, so many things have changed I doubt many people here even remember any of my posts from then.

I cant even see what I posted back then.

WTheck? My username WAS used, BY ME. I just couldnt get into it so I left it alone FOR YEARS. Then someone wanted expert advice on a new HDTV purchase and as I used to be a home theater specialist My wife asked me to re-register to help someone here. WE BOTH thought that it was ok. We werent trying to use MULTIPLE accounts or deceive anyone.

KATT knows this that is WHY she let me back on.

Truly YOUR Jesus is SO FAR removed from the Biblical Jesus that I am not at all upset when you say I dont behave as YOUR jesus does.

2. I used the same email address as I had here so IF I wasnt supposed to go over there then that was an oversight on the forums and NOT my responsibility.

I NEVER called my wife a terrible name, I said that when we had relations before marriage she had played the whore according to the bible. She KNOWS this and FULLY agrees with me.

SO, you have shown YOURSELF to be the dishonest one 3 times in this ONE post.

ALMOST every time you post to my statements you "paraphrase" why not use quotes?

I guess that makes it harder to twist my words, huh?

I am putting you on ignore because even though you do talk loudly, you have NOTHING to say. (at least to me)

renaissanceman
07-18-2007, 10:56 PM

NO, I said that ANYONE who would actually stand and let ANYONE repeatedly hit them was lying or stupid.

What you take from it is entirely up to you.

I also was taught not to raise my hand to a woman, but I was also taught not to allow myself to be ABUSED by anyone. And my parents taught my sister to NEVER strike a man. NOT all men are such gentleman, and you should NEVER hit someone unless you are ready to take it to the finish line.

Plus you may dodge a woman or grab their arm to stop them but what if you dodge and she then kicks you in the crotch? Are you gonna stand for that.

janelle
07-18-2007, 11:06 PM
Plus you may dodge a woman or grab their arm to stop them but what if you dodge and she then kicks you in the crotch? Are you gonna stand for that.

I have never done it but I am sure most men would not stand for it, they would be doubled over in pain.

Lasher
07-19-2007, 05:44 AM
You have every right to your opinions. BUT once again you are GENERALIZING, against whom exactly do you think I am predjudiced?

I take NO pleasure in slamming the beliefs of others. I DO take GREAT pleasure in causing people to look inward and FACE their beliefs, convictions and ideals. If anyone is uncomfortable with or INCAPABLE of introspection, that is something that should be addressed.

I hope that people would rather look into subjects and educate themselves, then make their own judgements on the truth or falsity of their beliefs.

If we only know what others have told us and havent tested it for ourselves, we cant be too terribly certain of our beliefs now can we.

You started this thread by saying you knew you would piss people off. That's antagonizing someone, not trying to help someone.

YankeeMary
07-19-2007, 05:46 AM
OK,
1. WRONG. I said something like "lets all pick on the new guy" Not I HAVE NEVER been on this forum before and am TOTALLY new to it. SO no I did not lIE nor have I been dishonest. You are right nothing dishonest about making a new user name and not letting anyone know and having a wife here and not letting anyone know, maybe not dishonest in your eyes, but in mine it is dishonest and to me and sneaky.I last posted on this site as renaissanceman YEARS ago, so many things have changed I doubt many people here even remember any of my posts from then.

I cant even see what I posted back then.

WTheck? My username WAS used, BY ME. I just couldnt get into it so I left it alone FOR YEARS. Then someone wanted expert advice on a new HDTV purchase and as I used to be a home theater specialist My wife asked me to re-register to help someone here. WE BOTH thought that it was ok. We werent trying to use MULTIPLE accounts or deceive anyone. Yadda Yadda Yadda

Truly YOUR Jesus is SO FAR removed from the Biblical Jesus that I am not at all upset when you say I dont behave as YOUR jesus does. Truly I am thankful we have different Jesus' because mine is about love and understanding.
2. I used the same email address as I had here so IF I wasnt supposed to go over there then that was an oversight on the forums and NOT my responsibility. You are right here, except that MWT and BBS is our sister site and if you are banned from here you are to be banned from there. Thats in the rules :rules

I NEVER called my wife a terrible name, No a whore isn't a bad name. Geesh...get real man.I said that when we had relations before marriage she had played the whore according to the bible. She KNOWS this and FULLY agrees with me. Like she would agrees she is a whore...whatever!

SO, you have shown YOURSELF to be the dishonest one 3 times in this ONE post. Grab a life, they are free.Once again yadda yadda yadda

ALMOST every time you post to my statements you "paraphrase" why not use quotes? Because I have better things to do then go hunt down what you say and direct quote them. So since I said I was "paraphrasing" that means I wasn't saying exactly what you were saying, maybe you better use that handy dictionary you have there beside your bible.
I guess that makes it harder to twist my words, huh?

I am putting you on ignore because even though you do talk loudly, you have NOTHING to say. (at least to me)

In theory you already put me on ignore, way back in the abortion thread.
You are so much DRAMA.

YankeeMary
07-19-2007, 05:48 AM

So much for turning the other cheek. WWJD? He would beat the ever loving crap out them??? HAHA...whatever.

YankeeMary
07-19-2007, 05:49 AM
You started this thread by saying you knew you would piss people off. That's antagonizing someone, not trying to help someone.

You are twisting his words...shame on you. He is trying to get others to see the error of there ways and his religion is the only and correct one...duh.

Lasher
07-19-2007, 05:51 AM
Drama Queen LMAOhttp://forums.randi.org/images/smilies/dramaqueen.gif

Lasher
07-19-2007, 05:52 AM
You are twisting his words...shame on you. He is trying to get others to see the error of there ways and his religion is the only and correct one...duh.

Well I guess me and him have religious differences, cause I don't think he's God

YankeeMary
07-19-2007, 05:56 AM
Well I guess me and him have religious differences, cause I don't think he's God
:slapping :rolling

IthinkNOT!
07-19-2007, 06:03 AM
LMAO!!!!

Katt
07-19-2007, 06:22 AM

Leave me out of this.

There was no "letting back on" to it. The account was never deactivated, only the second one. I do this to anyone with multiple accounts. I give one chance, unless the person is a blatant troll. The fact that you weren't "Using" two accounts, has nothing to do with anything. The rules don't say anything about using. They state, quite clearly: The following is strictly prohibited on the BigBigSavings Forums and may result in immediate account suspension and/or removal of posts:
• Registration of more than one BigBigSavings Forums accounts. The fact that you had more than one registered account, was against the rules and therefore as the rules state, it was removed.

I let the first email you sent, when I took care of this account for you, slide, even though it had insults and insinuations in it. I let the post at MWT slide, even though it had insults and insinuations in it. But, please don't put words in my mouth..or on the screen, about what I know or why I did something. The nifty way you keep saying it, is insinuating that I did something wrong in removing the account so I attempted to rectify it. I didn't, and I make no appologies forremoving the second account.

Now that is cleared up, I think it would be best if I speak for myself on my actions, instead of anyone trying to help me out in that department. And actually, I'd rather be left out of this thread completely, because I'm actually on the verge of closing it because it's quickly becoming the way the old Religion forum used to be, right before we shut it down.

renaissanceman
07-19-2007, 07:19 PM

NO, I said I knew it would piss people off, because SOME people here get pissed off NO matter WHAT I say.

renaissanceman
07-19-2007, 07:22 PM

WOW we FINALLY agree on something, cuz I dont think I am God either. You people lie with every breath.

I will now ignore you because you OBVIOUSLY dont want to actually debate.

All you seem to do at this point is poke fun at me, which is ok since you obviously have NOTHING better to do. But I dont have to listen to it.

renaissanceman
07-19-2007, 07:26 PM
Leave me out of this.

There was no "letting back on" to it. The account was never deactivated, only the second one. I do this to anyone with multiple accounts. I give one chance, unless the person is a blatant troll. The fact that you weren't "Using" two accounts, has nothing to do with anything. The rules don't say anything about using. They state, quite clearly: The following is strictly prohibited on the BigBigSavings Forums and may result in immediate account suspension and/or removal of posts:
• Registration of more than one BigBigSavings Forums accounts. The fact that you had more than one registered account, was against the rules and therefore as the rules state, it was removed.

I let the first email you sent, when I took care of this account for you, slide, even though it had insults and insinuations in it. I let the post at MWT slide, even though it had insults and insinuations in it. But, please don't put words in my mouth..or on the screen, about what I know or why I did something. The nifty way you keep saying it, is insinuating that I did something wrong in removing the account so I attempted to rectify it. I didn't, and I make no appologies forremoving the second account.

Now that is cleared up, I think it would be best if I speak for myself on my actions, instead of anyone trying to help me out in that department. And actually, I'd rather be left out of this thread completely, because I'm actually on the verge of closing it because it's quickly becoming the way the old Religion forum used to be, right before we shut it down.

DO whatever you want as it is painfully obvious that folks can say WHATEVER they want to me, while let me say that one person is stup*id and practically the whole FORUM jumps down my neck.

I do apologize if I misrepresented your reasons for reinstating me, but your attitude about it makes me wish I had never thanked you for helping me straighten it out. You could have PM'd me. Bu that wouldnt be as much fun as calling me out in public, huh?

pepperpot
07-19-2007, 07:33 PM
Can anyone honestly say that this is not a loose cannon?

YankeeMary
07-19-2007, 08:51 PM
DO whatever you want as it is painfully obvious that folks can say WHATEVER they want to me, while let me say that one person is stup*id and practically the whole FORUM jumps down my neck.

I do apologize if I misrepresented your reasons for reinstating me, but your attitude about it makes me wish I had never thanked you for helping me straighten it out.Nothing like being grateful. You could have PM'd me. Bu that wouldnt be as much fun as calling me out in public, huh?

Did you say what you said in a PM??? Nope but she is expected to, seems you want things your way and only your way.

YankeeMary
07-19-2007, 08:51 PM
WOW we FINALLY agree on something, cuz I dont think I am God either. You people lie with every breath.

I will now ignore you because you OBVIOUSLY dont want to actually debate.

All you seem to do at this point is poke fun at me, which is ok since you obviously have NOTHING better to do. But I dont have to listen to it.

I thought he already had you on ignore??? Maybe it isn't working for certain posts you post in??? LOL.

IthinkNOT!
07-19-2007, 08:53 PM
he seems to have alot of problems with that ignore thing....

renaissanceman
07-19-2007, 10:23 PM
he seems to have alot of problems with that ignore thing....

You seem to have alot of problems gettin the heck off my case. I have YOU, pepperpot, yankeemary, janelle, lasher and ahippiechick on ignore.

YOUR posts are the only ones that I can still see. Bubbles also has the same trouble and the mods have been told.

YankeeMary
07-19-2007, 10:40 PM
You seem to have alot of problems gettin the heck off my case. I have YOU, pepperpot, yankeemary, janelle, lasher and ahippiechick on ignore.

YOUR posts are the only ones that I can still see. Bubbles also has the same trouble and the mods have been told.

You must be invincible!!!

Lasher
07-20-2007, 04:38 AM
http://forums.randi.org/images/smilies/monkey.gif

IthinkNOT!
07-20-2007, 06:13 AM
You must be invincible!!!
what can I say? I'm just good like that! LOL

YankeeMary
07-21-2007, 05:33 AM
what can I say? I'm just good like that! LOL

Thats what I heard!!! LOL You and Tasha both...:rolling

turbob
07-21-2007, 05:38 AM
Poor Bubbles - seems he tells her who to ignore, along with telling her what to think. My feelings are hurt - I'm not even important enought to ignore!!

"I have pepperpot, yankeemary, janelle, lasher and ahippiechick on ignore."

YankeeMary
07-21-2007, 05:44 AM
Poor Bubbles - seems he tells her who to ignore, along with telling her what to think. My feelings are hurt - I'm not even important enought to ignore!!

"I have pepperpot, yankeemary, janelle, lasher and ahippiechick on ignore."

Awww if I didn't like you so much I would put you on ignore...lol. But I don't want to miss what you contribute.

But I must admit I feel rather "speshel", don't think I have ever been on anyones ignore list.

janelle
07-21-2007, 11:05 AM
HEY, ya wanta start the "We are the ignored" clique? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA I think is this case it is a complement.

Lasher
07-21-2007, 04:04 PM
http://forums.secondcitizen.com/images/smilies/performanceart.gif

lizmolik
07-21-2007, 04:25 PM

LOL!!! I like that one!

YankeeMary
07-21-2007, 07:40 PM
http://www.thesmilies.com/smilie-generator/image/green%5E_%5Earial%5E_%5E0%5E_%5E0%5E_%5EIgnore+me+ please%5E_%5E.gif (http://www.thesmilies.com/smilie-generator/image/green&#37;5E_%5Earial%5E_%5E0%5E_%5E0%5E_%5EIgnore+me+ please%5E_%5E.gif)

pepperpot
07-22-2007, 05:50 AM

:lol

turbob
07-22-2007, 05:52 AM
http://www.thesmilies.com/smilie-generator/image/green%5E_%5Earial%5E_%5E0%5E_%5E0%5E_%5EIgnore+me+ please%5E_%5E.gif (http://www.thesmilies.com)
Tee Hee! Thanks for the laugh!