PDA

View Full Version : Mom needs prayers..

Army-Mom
07-11-2007, 12:08 PM
My brother was a deputy in Jackson county here in Florida..He was shot and killed by two thugs..My mom is getting worse..she is going on a retreat for fallen officers familes soon...I miss my brother so much..my mom is slowly dying herself..I just need prayers for her.

tracyb
07-11-2007, 01:45 PM
really sorry that your mom is grieving so hard....maybe she can find a hobby to keep her occupied a little...hopefully the retreat will help her too...MANY PRAYERS FOR HER!!!!!

queenangie
07-11-2007, 05:07 PM
Prayers for you and your Mom too!

Could your mother volunteer at a school, a hospital, the library?

pepperpot
07-11-2007, 05:29 PM
It's still pretty fresh for her. Both of my parents have died and it is heartbreaking, I could only imagine how difficult it is for her to lose a child.

Maybe the retreat will be good for her, to grieve with other parents who have lost. (Managing the loss of a loved one is a process.)

You may want to have an 'intervention' with her of sorts and let her know that she has other children that need her and share in her grief, as well as any grandchildren who need their Grandma...... Just an opinion, but she needs to feel how much the living around her need her here, her son is with Jesus (or the equivalent) and she will be with him someday again, but today and tomorrow, you need 'your Mom' too.

Good luck, this is probably so hard for her (and you). :hug

YankeeMary
07-11-2007, 09:28 PM
I so feel for you. My brother passed away in 1992 and my mom is still grieving for him. I will say a prayer for your mommy as well as for you. HUGS!!!

BeanieLuvR
07-12-2007, 11:38 AM
Praying for God to bring comfort to your mom. I hope the retreat helps. If not check into local grief support groups. It might help her to talk with others and share her pain on a more regular basis. Hugs to you. I know you are grieving too and seeing your mom going through this has to be so hard.