PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else feel like this at the other site?

Pages : [1] 2

Pepsi4me
07-11-2007, 09:20 AM
Why merge the two sites if you get ganged up whenever you give an opinion.

I just feel that way whenever I give an opinion over there in the debate forums.

MsLynn
07-11-2007, 09:30 AM
i feel that way on almost any of my forums, lol thats why i don't post much anymore

freeby4me
07-11-2007, 09:45 AM
I dont really feel that way. To me they just say their opinion. Most of the time I dont weigh in on things because my opinions differ.

ahippiechic
07-11-2007, 10:09 AM
I haven't posted there, but reading some of the posts and replies, I really don't see them being much diff. than some of us on here. The opinions in general seem a little more consevrative tho.

tsquared
07-11-2007, 10:23 AM
I'd go over there, but i know they would gang up on lil ole me...........lol
they seem pretty much laid back...more laid back than here at bbs i think

onfire4god57
07-11-2007, 10:30 AM
Pepsi4me; I have to totally agree with you. It seems like everything you try to debate with them, we're the bad people.

Honestly I have never met so many holy than thou people in all my life. It really kind of cracks me up reading some of the debates over there, especially in the childrearing topics. I never knew that there so many perfect people, especially perfect mothers in the world that do absolutely nothing wrong. I raised two children, trust me I don't believe 99% of what they are saying.

But it is all good for a laugh now and then I guess.

Lasher
07-11-2007, 10:34 AM
I haven't gone to play over there. Mom says I'm not allowed to cross the street by myself http://totalmotorcycle.com/BBS/images/smiles/tricycle_smilie.gif

Pepsi4me
07-11-2007, 10:36 AM
Pepsi4me; I have to totally agree with you. It seems like everything you try to debate with them, we're the bad people.

Honestly I have never met so many holy than thou people in all my life. It really kind of cracks me up reading some of the debates over there, especially in the childrearing topics. I never knew that there so many perfect people, especially perfect mothers in the world that do absolutely nothing wrong. I raised two children, trust me I don't believe 99% of what they are saying.

Thank you! I was thinking it was just me & I was crazy....LOL!

Pepsi4me
07-11-2007, 10:38 AM
I haven't gone to play over there. Mom says I'm not allowed to cross the street by myself http://totalmotorcycle.com/BBS/images/smiles/tricycle_smilie.gif

:rolling

Maybe I shouldn't had been allowed too.:getyou

nanajoanie
07-11-2007, 10:55 AM
Have no interest in going 'over there' and I sometimes don't even have time to come here.

nightrider127
07-11-2007, 01:00 PM
I have been treated good over there. But then again, I most of the time keep my wacky opinions to myself. I am more than a reader than anything. I have been here at BBS for years and just recently broke 2000 posts.

Shann
07-11-2007, 01:48 PM
I haven't been over there or even registered, hope it gets better

pepperpot
07-11-2007, 03:57 PM
Why merge the two sites if you get ganged up whenever you give an opinion.

I just feel that way whenever I give an opinion over there in the debate forums.

You're not crazy ;)

They'll bite your head off and they don't even realize it. But there are nice people over there too.

I agree, I think there are a lot more people over there that would give their opinion but are stifled by the few who'll slam you and your opinion and cut you off at the knees. No one wants to go where people won't give you a fair shake. Even though some of their topics can be interesting, it's just a big turn off. IMHO

It can get like that here occasionally, but then everyone laughs and says "hey, we're all 'family', let's have a laugh now."

Some take this 'debate' thing a bit too far. If it were more of a 'discussion' along with 'evidence' to back up your opinion, it'd be a bit 'friendlier' and I think their threads would also be more informative, interesting and enlightening with sharing information than just a 'scientific cut throat pissing contest'. You don't have to vigorously 'hate' each other to have a difference of opinion or facts. It seems more 'black and white' with no 'gray' areas.....there's lots of 'gray' in life.

I feel it would be a better place if it were more 'discussing' and less 'debating' atmosphere, in the end you can arrive at the same place, just 'different' road.....then again, I'm a 'nobody'...:lol

sunniekiss
07-11-2007, 06:45 PM
Since I am clueless as to where or what the "other" place is, then nope...haven't been there.

freeby4me
07-11-2007, 06:51 PM
Since I am clueless as to where or what the "other" place is, then nope...haven't been there.

LOL The "Moms Who Think" website (the link is posted at the bottom of the page. AKA MWT

kyswpgrl
07-11-2007, 07:50 PM
I've not had any problems with it, even when the members have "called me out". LOL There are some that should pour some chlorine in their gene pool, but you're going to have that on any forum you go to. I actually love it because I DON'T have to bite my tongue. I love to speak my mind and usually get taken the wrong way, so it's nice to go somewhere I can discuss what I want without fear of hurting someone. What one person views as an attack though could be totally different from someone else's view. Some people think that if others don't agree with them, they are being personally attacked, and that's not true. But no, it's not all rainbows and sunshine over there. I see it more as everyone sharing their life experiences and HOW they formed their opinions.

Willow
07-12-2007, 04:48 AM
There are some nice people over there. One of the members pm'ed me and invited us to her house for dinner when we go to Six Flags because she lives nearby. I thought that was nice of her. I just don't get that family feeling like pepperpot is talking about over there like I do over here. I don't post over there as much as I do here but I don't even sense that family feeling among the other members. They don't seem to be as friendly towards each other as we are here. From what I have seen they tend to be much more serious over there.

pepperpot
07-12-2007, 07:41 AM
There are some that should pour some chlorine in their gene pool, but you're going to have that on any forum you go to.
That's funny, I have to remember that! :rofl:

freebielover
07-12-2007, 07:57 AM
I go over there and read some of the debates and they just crack me up. It seems like there are 5 or 6 people that reply to every debate with the same responses. Some people seem really nice over there but I still prefer it over here. I think the people over here are kinder as a general rule and can handle a difference in opinion a little better.

Katt
07-12-2007, 03:12 PM

That's what I thought too. I registered because there was a question about this board, over there. Then, I promptly left. I think it's a bunch of crap. ;)

VenusA423
07-12-2007, 03:17 PM
Yeah, you won't see me posting over there anytime soon. I am very opinionated and after reading some of their stuff... especially in the child area.. I believe that I'd have more than one person biting my head off. No thanks.

Pepsi4me
07-12-2007, 04:21 PM
Seems there are a few of them over there who stick together in every thread & agree with each other. But when a newcomer tries to disagree then watch out!

:getyou

YankeeMary
07-12-2007, 07:04 PM
Seems there are a few of them over there who stick together in every thread & agree with each other. But when a newcomer tries to disagree then watch out!

:getyou

Must be a clique...:rolling

DtroitPunk
07-12-2007, 07:18 PM
There are some nice people over there. One of the members pm'ed me and invited us to her house for dinner when we go to Six Flags because she lives nearby. I thought that was nice of her. I just don't get that family feeling like pepperpot is talking about over there like I do over here. I don't post over there as much as I do here but I don't even sense that family feeling among the other members. They don't seem to be as friendly towards each other as we are here. From what I have seen they tend to be much more serious over there.

In fairness though, this thread isnt very "FRIENDLY" to conservative Christians. Just my opinion for what its worth.

IthinkNOT!
07-12-2007, 07:23 PM
In fairness though, this thread isnt very "FRIENDLY" to conservative Christians. Just my opinion for what its worth.

Ya'll watch out, the "friendly" police have arrived....

Tasha405
07-12-2007, 07:24 PM
Must be a clique...:rolling

:rofl:

Lasher
07-12-2007, 07:25 PM

http://totalmotorcycle.com/BBS/images/smiles/what_sign.gif

IthinkNOT!
07-12-2007, 07:26 PM
:dontfeed

Tasha405
07-12-2007, 07:32 PM

:yeah

YankeeMary
07-12-2007, 07:36 PM

:stir

Lasher
07-12-2007, 07:38 PM
http://totalmotorcycle.com/BBS/images/smiles/babysmilie.gif

freeby4me
07-12-2007, 07:38 PM

I think you meant this website, and yes I would agree. Im telling ya, I think you'd get along much better at the other site. You should go through and read what alot of them say. Im not saying theres anything wrong with it.

YankeeMary
07-12-2007, 07:41 PM
Ya'll watch out, the "friendly" police have arrived....

http://www.bahamascope.net/community/images/smilies/Gizm0s_Police_Emoticon.gif

IthinkNOT!
07-12-2007, 07:43 PM

lol

Tasha405
07-12-2007, 07:44 PM

:love:

YankeeMary
07-12-2007, 07:44 PM
http://totalmotorcycle.com/BBS/images/smiles/babysmilie.gif

http://www.bahamascope.net/community/images/smilies/baba.gif

vicky122
07-12-2007, 08:29 PM
Not really any differant over there then here. And that was kinda proved in this post. Someone gave thier opinion and look what happens. So how is this place any differant then there?

YankeeMary
07-12-2007, 08:35 PM
Not really any differant over there then here.

I can't say I agree with that. I disagree with alot on here, yet still like them, chat with them, etc...

vicky122
07-12-2007, 08:38 PM
I can't say I agree with that. I disagree with alot on here, yet still like them, chat with them, etc...

But you also have been on here as I am sure they might also chat with each other. Just because they don't agree.

DtroitPunk
07-12-2007, 10:25 PM
I think you meant this website, and yes I would agree. Im telling ya, I think you'd get along much better at the other site. You should go through and read what alot of them say. Im not saying theres anything wrong with it.

Wow, one of my former attackers who can actually play nice! Thanks, I just might have to give you rep if you keep it up. This is a fair and balanced response that actually took thought not like all the goofy posts and the baby smilie above you.

DtroitPunk
07-12-2007, 10:29 PM
You guys just cant let anything go can ya? If I posts ANYTHING in ANY thread you bunch of JR. High school refugees just have to keep it goin!

freeby4me is the only one who seems like a big enough person to move on!

Just because it has gotten ugly on another subject doesnt mean we can NEVER agree with each other on anything, unless yall just cant help but hold a grudge?

freeby4me
07-13-2007, 04:33 AM
You guys just cant let anything go can ya? If I posts ANYTHING in ANY thread you bunch of JR. High school refugees just have to keep it goin!

Just because it has gotten ugly on another subject doesnt mean we can NEVER agree with each other on anything, unless yall just cant help but hold a grudge?

I dont take it as that, Alot of people on here are real goofy and like to have fun. As I said before, we dont like to take too much seriously LOL

but yea anyways, to your previous post, let bygones be bygones, we'll keep the negative feelings in that other thread. Of course there's no reason why we cant play nice and get along LOL (if you read alot of my other posts elsewhere on BBS you'll see im just a big weirdo)

Angelseyes28
07-13-2007, 04:48 AM

Oh Lord, here we go again

galeane29
07-13-2007, 05:47 AM
ITA

Not really any differant over there then here. And that was kinda proved in this post. Someone gave thier opinion and look what happens. So how is this place any differant then there?

YankeeMary
07-13-2007, 06:40 AM
Oh Lord, here we go again

:dancing:

taylyn
07-13-2007, 07:00 AM
i feel that way on almost any of my forums, lol thats why i don't post much anymore

I Feel this Way in Everyday life :lol

I just Keep my mouth shut Cause I know I am Right about Everything Anyway- :lol

And there is No Sense Arguing with anyone ......

YankeeMary
07-13-2007, 07:03 AM
I Feel this Way in Everyday life :lol

I just Keep my mouth shut Cause I know I am Right about Everything Anyway- :lol

And there is No Sense Arguing with anyone ......

I like the way you think.:dancing:

pepperpot
07-13-2007, 07:45 AM

I think they're/we're friendly to almost anyone who posts their opinion, as long as they are respectful. I do not think any 'religious label' has anything to do with it.

pepperpot
07-13-2007, 07:56 AM
Wow, one of my former attackers who can actually play nice! Thanks, I just might have to give you rep if you keep it up. This is a fair and balanced response that actually took thought not like all the goofy posts and the baby smilie above you.

freeby4me is the only one who seems like a big enough person to move on!Just because it has gotten ugly on another subject doesnt mean we can NEVER agree with each other on anything, unless yall just cant help but hold a grudge?

Apparently she has and you haven't. Please, you speak about people holding a grudge but you now come into another thread, make snide comments and just seem to want to stir the pot again.

If you seriously want people not to hold a grudge, then stop mentioning the grudges that you yourself are holding and trying to stir the pot! You have your own opinion, fine, no one is denying you that.

From the few posts that you've already made in this thread, it appears to me your intention was to start trouble from a non-related issue. Have you even checked out the MWT? or are you just trying to get a few 'zingers' in here? What is your opinion of the 'other site'? You have failed to mention that, more than likely, you haven't gone there.

ahippiechic
07-13-2007, 09:16 AM
I DO hold grudges, I'm like that!

evrita
07-13-2007, 10:16 AM

:2in1: You know nobody posted anthing in between these 2 posts and wow night and day in your comments. I live with Bipolar and I think you might be out of meds or need some because from what I have read from all of your post you go have classic signs of it. :nurse:

Lasher
07-13-2007, 12:39 PM

Um if I had directed that at you, I would have quoted you, I post random smilies all the time, and will continue to like http://th106.photobucket.com/albums/m252/RiverIsMyGoddess/icons/th_smiley_signspanishinquisition.gif

YankeeMary
07-13-2007, 03:29 PM
:2in1: You know nobody posted anthing in between these 2 posts and wow night and day in your comments. I live with Bipolar and I think you might be out of meds or need some because from what I have read from all of your post you go have classic signs of it. :nurse:

I had suggested this in another thread.

ahippiechic
07-13-2007, 04:37 PM
I had suggested this in another thread.

Me too! He either needs some meds or is taking too many and needs to lay off 'em.

Angelseyes28
07-13-2007, 04:50 PM
:canabis: :smokin: :stoned:

evrita
07-13-2007, 04:53 PM
No that would help out the Bipolar and mellow him out.. That is the good stuff not that I would know or anything

Lasher
07-13-2007, 06:08 PM
http://forums.torrentspy.com/images/smilies/bongL3i8.gif

tngirl
07-13-2007, 06:45 PM
Dang!! I go MIA for a while and come back and find that obviously I have missed something...I always miss all the fun!!:bawling:

evrita
07-13-2007, 10:27 PM
Dang!! I go MIA for a while and come back and find that obviously I have missed something...I always miss all the fun!!:bawling:

Yes you did now it is the 54 page long V\W page where we have to agree with a person views on abortion and if you dont your picking on him because he is a man and umm Mary is stupid because she doesnt believe in his religion and MsLynn needs to be saved :dancing: I think that sums it up

freeby4me
07-14-2007, 05:24 AM
Yes you did now it is the 54 page long V\W page where we have to agree with a person views on abortion and if you dont your picking on him because he is a man and umm Mary is stupid because she doesnt believe in his religion and MsLynn needs to be saved :dancing: I think that sums it up

Yup

tngirl
07-15-2007, 06:15 PM
I guess I will just have to go and find that post. And BOT, someone over there didn't like my avatar and sent me a pm. I missed the part of where it was a bannable offense to post a pm without the "senders" permission. I c&p'd the pm...leaving off the sender's name, and this was brought to my attention in the post by several people...including finally a moderator who edited my post...lol. It seems that no one likes my avatar and told me that they wouldn't read my posts because of it. Ahhhhh, shucks!! Now they have done gone and hurt my feelings...lmao. But considering that I have made total of only 6 posts I guess I won't be getting my panties in a wad over it...lol.

Katt
07-15-2007, 06:35 PM
I saw that post Tngirl lol. I was like WTF????

Way to be a welcoming committee. ;)

tngirl
07-15-2007, 06:44 PM
At least you all love me!
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y233/displacedtngirl/AVATARS/thyourockyourule.jpg

Katt
07-15-2007, 06:46 PM
Of course we do. :p

I liked your av btw. It reminded me of some of the off the wall ones at mad. lol

tngirl
07-15-2007, 06:49 PM
When I first found it I had to post it for Miranda...I laughed my ass off! Of course she found it amusing...lol.

Pepsi4me
07-15-2007, 06:59 PM
I guess I will just have to go and find that post. And BOT, someone over there didn't like my avatar and sent me a pm. I missed the part of where it was a bannable offense to post a pm without the "senders" permission. I c&p'd the pm...leaving off the sender's name, and this was brought to my attention in the post by several people...including finally a moderator who edited my post...lol. It seems that no one likes my avatar and told me that they wouldn't read my posts because of it. Ahhhhh, shucks!! Now they have done gone and hurt my feelings...lmao. But considering that I have made total of only 6 posts I guess I won't be getting my panties in a wad over it...lol.

I read that over at the other board about your avatar.

I loved you reply-

Quote:
Originally Posted by tngirl-
Sometimes reading the small print gives me a headache and makes my eyes hurt.

Katt
07-15-2007, 07:03 PM
oh damn, I didn't see that. LMAO

PrincessArky
07-15-2007, 07:27 PM
Have no interest in going 'over there' and I sometimes don't even have time to come here.

yep I know what ya mean I went in once w/out knowing I wasn't as bbf lol I quickly backed out

ahippiechic
07-15-2007, 07:33 PM
Maybe we could affiliates with Grabass Girls or something, instead of MWT?? :D

aussiegirl
07-15-2007, 07:39 PM
I read that over at the other board about your avatar.

I loved you reply-

Quote:
Originally Posted by tngirl-
Sometimes reading the small print gives me a headache and makes my eyes hurt.

Ditto

okie
07-15-2007, 07:59 PM

I'm game lol! :D

I've been over there and I can't say that I will ever go back. tngirl, just stay over here. We won't make a fuss about you posting a pm or your avatar. Love your reply btw.

ahippiechic
07-15-2007, 09:12 PM
Some of the topics are interesting but after reading the replies, I usually don't feel the need to reply myself. I would rather debate those things with the people on here. Even tho we don't always agree, I kinda like debating with people I know a little bit.

And I'm not very friendly anyway, so I'll just stay over here.

IthinkNOT!
07-16-2007, 12:01 AM
OK, had to see what all the fuss was about, I went, I saw, I'm back...............

there is no nice way to say what I think, so I'm gonna sit back and relax, and maybe sing a song.......

Day-o Day-o

rotflmao!

loveswolfs
07-16-2007, 12:35 AM
I will say they sure are nice to us before they jump us on any thing we say. And your avatar sure didnt hurt my eyes or make them swell up and water :)

freeby4me
07-22-2007, 08:36 AM
I had to come and find this thread to post in here again. YOU'RE RIGHT! I cant say anything over there without getting the third degree.

YankeeMary
07-22-2007, 08:42 AM
Maybe they already have a:ridinghorse:

turbob
07-22-2007, 08:51 AM
All I can say is - I am almost 52 years old and I have never know so many perfect moms w/such perfect kids! I very much wanted to post and say - 'Hey - bet you didn't know your kid eats dirt and drinks from the dog bowl" (we all know kids do eat dirt) but I had to sign up and it wasn't worth the effort. BTW -I love your avatar! And guess what - I actually saw it, and had NO ill effects!

freeby4me
07-22-2007, 08:52 AM
Maybe they already have a:ridinghorse:

LMAO!! Yea u never know. Its not like want everyone to agree with me or like me or anything like that its just it seems like if I agree with someone on a certain point, they attack my view but say to the other person "oh you're so right" or they dont even say anything at all. Why bother posting is how I feel LOL
I know "certain" people here feel that way but here its only done in specific threads because of antagonizing, when those "certain people" post in other threads, everything is fine. Not so over there.

MistyWolf
07-22-2007, 08:54 AM
I finally joined a few days ago and honestly am not sure if I like it. I haven't got jumped on by anyone, but than again a lot seem to like the religious debate forum and I don't debate religion (try not to anyway .. lol) and politics. Everyone thinks they are the ones right on those topics and it just drives me nuts .. close minded ppl drive me nuts (not saying anyone there is close minded .. just in general).

Just seems that here at BBS we are a bit more open to new comers than they are. Plus we are the "other" board, so some may have objections to that .. who knows.

And I did see the thread on the avatar and think that is just rediculous :slap

I also seen the thread on breast-feeding an 8 yr old where they jumped on Pepperpot and that was insane too .. :slap

So far here and Mad are my favorites .. lol .. I just wish Mad would get their freebie forum back!!

freeby4me
07-22-2007, 08:55 AM
All I can say is - I am almost 52 years old and I have never know so many perfect moms w/such perfect kids! I very much wanted to post and say - 'Hey - bet you didn't know your kid eats dirt and drinks from the dog bowl" (we all know kids do eat dirt) but I had to sign up and it wasn't worth the effort. BTW -I love your avatar! And guess what - I actually saw it, and had NO ill effects!

Oh I know it! Im glad that they've found someplace where they can get support (why would a perfect mom need support, I dunno) but they sure like to jump down others who arent so perfect.
Somehow i've gotten over a hundred posts there but I dont think i'll be posting much more. I'll still go and view and join in on light-hearted chit-chat but otherwise, nuh uh LOL

pepperpot
07-22-2007, 09:48 AM
In all honesty, the 2 avatars in question do give me a headache and hurt my eyes, it's either hit 'esc' or change the screen for me. And I've even said that....along with tngirl gives me a headache too! :razz I feel some members were a bit harsh but there were some who legitimately and sincerely turned it around and played nice. They're not 'all bad'.

As I've said before, their board defintely has a different 'flavor'....there are lots of nice people over there as well (they're not all pms-ing at the same time ;) ). Just like here, we have our share of sour lemons.

tngirl
07-22-2007, 06:05 PM
Well, I changed my avatar so people would be happy...then she calls me childish!!...lmao. Then another member thinks that IthinkNot and me are one and the same...how could you mistake us for the same person...lol. So, anyway, there might be a couple that are nice but I can't imagine me and one member ever being buddy buddy...lol.

And pepper, http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y233/displacedtngirl/AVATARS/62172446.jpg

IthinkNOT!
07-22-2007, 06:12 PM
I got a PM from someone asking me to change mine to something less flashy, also got an infraction for "baiting" which I had never heard of up until then. Wonder if the person who asked me if I was of "subnormal intellegence" got an infraction?

freeby4me
07-22-2007, 06:19 PM
I got a PM from someone asking me to change mine to something less flashy, also got an infraction for "baiting" which I had never heard of up until then. Wonder if the person who asked me if I was of "subnormal intellegence" got an infraction?

What exactly is "baiting" i wonder....how odd.

IthinkNOT!
07-22-2007, 06:26 PM
ummm, from what someone told me it is changing your avatar to annoy others, or doing something to get a negative reaction from someone.

freeby4me
07-22-2007, 06:30 PM
ummm, from what someone told me it is changing your avatar to annoy others, or doing something to get a negative reaction from someone.

Oh so offering someone ice cream and replacing it with cyanide would probably be baiting then?? LMAO or telling someone theres a shot for stupidity now :nurse: when there isnt actually one could be baiting...LMAO. Im having too much fun here. Dont get me started on the "negative" reaction though LOL I'd have wayyyy to much fun there!!

renaissanceman
07-22-2007, 06:39 PM
I would be pleased that I made such an impact on some of you that you have to bring me up and talk about me on threads I AM NOT EVEN IN,

EXCEPT that some of you LIE about me just about every time you say anything about me.

I DONT EXPECT that ANYONE will agree with me. I dont care if you do or not. OBVIOUSLY though some of you must think there is at least SOMETHING to what I say for you to bring up the thread OVER AND OVER.

I just wish people would take OWNERSHIP of their opinions. IF you believe that a woman should have the right to abortion on demand for any reason, that is your right.

JUST as it is my right to say any abortion is MURDER.

IthinkNOT!
07-22-2007, 06:39 PM
hmmm...I would think that replacing ice cream with cyanide would be murder... but you seem to be right on track with the rest...lol, and your right, it could be entirely too much fun. I am however trying to behave, I did change my avatar as asked, seems like it was in a thread somewhere that if you were banned from one place you were banned from the other as well.

IthinkNOT!
07-22-2007, 06:40 PM
I would be pleased that I made such an impact on some of you that you have to bring me up and talk about me on threads I AM NOT EVEN IN,

EXCEPT that some of you LIE about me just about every time you say anything about me.

I DONT EXPECT that ANYONE will agree with me. I dont care if you do or not. OBVIOUSLY though some of you must think there is at least SOMETHING to what I say for you to bring up the thread OVER AND OVER.

I just wish people would take OWNERSHIP of their opinions. IF you believe that a woman should have the right to abortion on demand for any reason, that is your right.

Well, Good Evening, thought it was entirely to agreeable here tonight!

lizmolik
07-22-2007, 06:46 PM
Ok...I have a question...I am lost...is this 2 different forums combined together or something because I thought it was just bigbigforums...:confused: :doh :hmmmm2: ?????????

IthinkNOT!
07-22-2007, 06:48 PM
From what I understand we are still 2 seperate forums with a some common threads. Kinda like 2 seperate houses joined by a walkway...

freeby4me
07-22-2007, 06:48 PM
Ok...I have a question...I am lost...is this 2 different forums combined together or something because I thought it was just bigbigforums...:confused: :doh :hmmmm2: ?????????

The other site is MWT.

lizmolik
07-22-2007, 06:52 PM

I agree with you totally about the whole abortion thing...it is just wrong to kill an innocent child...no matter what the circumstances...if you do not want the child you can always give it up for adoption. I may not agree with you on everything but that is a touchy subject that I stand behind 100%. Abortion is murder. It is sad that women just think they can "spread their legs" and get pregnant I dont know how many times and just keep getting abortions...it is sickening!

lizmolik
07-22-2007, 06:52 PM
The other site is MWT.

how do you get to it?

freeby4me
07-22-2007, 06:56 PM

Did you post this in the right thread? I honestly dont know what you mean, you did post in this thread. I own my opinion (as EVERYONE knows LMAO)

freeby4me
07-22-2007, 06:57 PM
how do you get to it?

Scroll down to the bottom of this thread, its a big "banner" at the bottom that says Moms Who Think. Just click on it!! It looks exactly like BBS

tngirl
07-22-2007, 06:58 PM
how do you get to it?

You just click your heels together and say, " there's no place like home, there's no place like home"....oops sorry, wrong place...lol.

Actually, at the bottom of the page you will see in BIG LETTERS, Mom's Who Think. If you click on that it will take you to their website or there is also a link to it off of the main forum menu.

IthinkNOT!
07-22-2007, 06:58 PM
how do you get to it?
Go to the bottom of the page and click on Moms who Think, it will take you to there site, you do have to register there also...

lizmolik
07-22-2007, 07:02 PM
Cool thanks for the help! :)

renaissanceman
07-22-2007, 07:03 PM
Did you post this in the right thread? I honestly dont know what you mean, you did post in this thread. I own my opinion (as EVERYONE knows LMAO)

OOOPS too much goin on I guess, but I havent posted in this thread for AWHILE and some people still like to bring me up.

renaissanceman
07-22-2007, 07:06 PM
I agree with you totally about the whole abortion thing...it is just wrong to kill an innocent child...no matter what the circumstances...if you do not want the child you can always give it up for adoption. I may not agree with you on everything but that is a touchy subject that I stand behind 100%. Abortion is murder. It is sad that women just think they can "spread their legs" and get pregnant I dont know how many times and just keep getting abortions...it is sickening!

WOW, you might get JUMPED in here for saying that! GOOD LUCK! I have said FAR FAR less and been reamed for days.

evrita
07-22-2007, 07:06 PM

:2in1: :nurse: :gaah I am willing to give you a dose for today if you are out :itsme:

lizmolik
07-22-2007, 07:09 PM
WOW, you might get JUMPED in here for saying that! GOOD LUCK! I have said FAR FAR less and been reamed for days.

It is just my opinion on something...I am not trying to start an argument just agreeing with what you said.

Angelseyes28
07-22-2007, 07:12 PM
How the heck did this thread end up about abortion too?!

IthinkNOT!
07-22-2007, 07:15 PM
renaissanceman did it

Pepsi4me
07-22-2007, 07:42 PM
renaissanceman did it

He hijacked MY thread is what he did. :slap

He's like a has been celebrity trying to grasp at any bit of fame. He just wants the attention.

IthinkNOT!
07-22-2007, 07:44 PM
LOL!!!!

yeah he is a bit of an attention hog....

tsquared
07-22-2007, 08:00 PM

this thread will never go away now..............just be debated forever and ever.........

MistyWolf
07-22-2007, 10:03 PM

That is what I am trying to figure out. If you want an abortion thread .. why not start one . . I am sure there is one here that can be bumped and whoever wants to start whatever can go there and do it.

lizmolik
07-22-2007, 10:13 PM
I was just replying to what the man said TRUST ME I dont want no enemys I swear I am not trying to :stir

MistyWolf
07-22-2007, 10:18 PM
I was just replying to what the man said TRUST ME I dont want no enemys I swear I am not trying to :stir

Not implying that you are stirring .. lol .. just telling those that want to discuss abortion to maybe start another thread instead of taking this one over ;)

Your good lizmolik .. lol

janelle
07-22-2007, 11:03 PM
Well to get back to the topic. I like the "othe side". They have contests. YEA. If you haven't joined then go do it. You may win.

Bahet
07-22-2007, 11:08 PM
Back to the OP for a moment. I am the admin at MWT. We had a huge poop fest last year due to certain people ganging up on others. It was nasty and ugly and it's over. MWT is a debate site and we do get into some heated debates. Having a majority disagree with you does not mean you are being ganged up on. Having a majority vehemently and passionately disagree also does not equal being ganged up on. The abortion debates are a great example. People who are strongly on one side or the other can debate civilly while still being passionate about thei stance. If I go to a mostly pro life site and start talking about being pro choice I'd fully expect that I would be in the minority. That doesn't mean I'm being ganged up on though.

I have not had much time to be here or at MWT recently so I've missed a lot of things apparently as I'm not seeing where you were ganged up on Pepsi. However, if you feel you were please PM me with a link to the post(s) in question and I will look into it. You can also click the ! inside a triangle at the bottom of each post and an email will be sent to myself and the mods reporting that post.

I run a pretty lax ship and prefer to think of adults as adults who can debate passionately while remaining intelligent and mature. I don't go for heavy handed moderation. However, I won't tolerate personal attacks or ganging up on members regardless of their views or how long they've been there. But I cannot deal with a problem that I do not know about. It's been a busy few weeks so forgive me if I'm mistaking you for someone else but I am thinking that you mentioned something similar at MWT about being ganged up on. I know someone did if it wasn't you. I posted a reply to that comment also stating that such actions won't be tolerated and to please report the post or PM me. You (or whoever else I may be mistaking you for) did not contact me or report any post.

Now I come over here and find a similar thread complaining about being ganged up on and I have to wonder, especially if it is you who posted the comments at MWT, just how bad it is if all that is being done is complaining vaguely in public threads while not letting those who can deal with the situation know what the problem is. I cannot guarantee that I will agree with your observations. However, I can all but guarantee that complaining in public threads while not informing myself or the mods at MWT of the details that led you to feel attacked will result in nothing being done.

We are all busy people. We don't have the time to read every single post in every single thread. If a problem occurs and we don't know about it, we cannot possibly act on it. So again, if you - or anyone - have a problem with the way you are treated at MWT please either report the post(s) that are a problem or PM one of the mods or myself so we can know about it and deal with it.

lizmolik
07-23-2007, 12:31 AM
I dont have a problem with anyone!

pepperpot
07-23-2007, 07:56 AM
And pepper, http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y233/displacedtngirl/AVATARS/62172446.jpg

Oh yeah! well,.............................

http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/TSHIRTS/524300.jpg

tngirl
07-23-2007, 08:01 AM
Oh yeah! well,.............................

http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/TSHIRTS/524300.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y233/displacedtngirl/cartmoon.gif

freeby4me
07-23-2007, 08:22 AM
Thank you Bahet. I think we're just more or less having a "b*tch fest" LOL Both sites are different and yet the same in so many ways. Nobody has done anything over there for me to personally "report"
I guess if ya dont wanna get burned then get your feet outta the fire right LOL

IthinkNOT!
07-24-2007, 04:34 PM

I really wish you hadn't said this, I'll come to bbf and check the posts, and want to go to mwt and be thinking in the back of my mind "well, lets see what the grabass girls are up to today". (Hope no one takes this the wrong way, it is only a joke)

Bahet
07-24-2007, 05:58 PM
I don't know what a grabass girl is but if it involves George Clooney count me in!

IthinkNOT!
07-24-2007, 06:00 PM
I don't know what a grabass girl is but if it involves George Clooney count me in!
I know right! lol

ahippiechic
07-24-2007, 06:04 PM
LOL! It's a msg board. http://www.grabassgirls.com/forums/index.php?

I haven't been there in quite a while tho, since the new admin, so I don't really know how it is there now.

IthinkNOT!
07-24-2007, 06:15 PM
I checked it out, looks pretty cool!

ahippiechic
07-24-2007, 06:38 PM
Everyone had to re-register last year and I just realized I haven't posted since registering again. Hope it's ok to post that here, it's not a freebie board.

earnhardt1
07-24-2007, 06:59 PM
i like it here better even though many differ on my pitt debates i still feel like family here...but not there

renaissanceman
07-25-2007, 12:29 AM
:2in1: :nurse: :gaah I am willing to give you a dose for today if you are out :itsme:

HMMM, Yeah thats it! ANYONE with an opinion YOU dont like MUST need medicating RIGHT?

renaissanceman
07-25-2007, 12:32 AM
He hijacked MY thread is what he did. :slap

He's like a has been celebrity trying to grasp at any bit of fame. He just wants the attention.

What the heck is YOUR problem? I have had MY threads COMPLETELY taken over by NAYSAYING liberals repeatedly. I dont have any issues with you, so why call me out like that?

Numerous people here were talking about me so I answered back.

IF I am a celebrity I am CERTAINLY not washed up since there are SOME folks here who cant keep my name out their mouths or my posts off their minds.

DestinysGrandma
07-25-2007, 01:13 AM
:backaway

LuvBigRip
07-25-2007, 06:56 AM
I haven't had any problems over there. There have been a few threads where I decided I better not post because I would probably get in trouble for my comments about the holier than thou attitude, but that was my choice as an adult.

Pepsi4me
07-25-2007, 07:15 AM
What the heck is YOUR problem? I have had MY threads COMPLETELY taken over by NAYSAYING liberals repeatedly. I dont have any issues with you, so why call me out like that?

Numerous people here were talking about me so I answered back.

IF I am a celebrity I am CERTAINLY not washed up since there are SOME folks here who cant keep my name out their mouths or my posts off their minds.

Because you came into this thread a few pages back & completely started spouting off about abortion when this thread is not about abortion at all!

WTH!

I didn't even post anything in your abortion thread. It seems you are trying to stir up trouble in a thread that's not even about abortion

PrincessArky
07-25-2007, 07:41 AM
HMMM, Yeah thats it! ANYONE with an opinion YOU dont like MUST need medicating RIGHT?

well thats basically what you said about me once because I admit to taking meds.........you said I only took them so that I could deal with my 4 kids and that was when you and I disagreed so I could say the same about you huh???

LuvBigRip
07-25-2007, 07:49 AM
well thats basically what you said about me once because I admit to taking meds.........you said I only took them so that I could deal with my 4 kids and that was when you and I disagreed so I could say the same about you huh???

I thought that was DtroitPunk???? Wasn't he banned?

freeby4me
07-25-2007, 07:52 AM

He is one of the same. DtroitPunk was banned because he already had a previous account from a couple of years ago, the renaissanceman account. Now he posts with the RM account. Also, when you hear someone mention DP/RM, we're talking about him.

DBackFan
07-25-2007, 07:54 AM
DtroitPunk and renaissanceman are the same person. His other account was banned because you can't have 2, its a long story, somehow you missed it :)

Sorry I typed slow I guess..lol

LuvBigRip
07-25-2007, 07:54 AM
He is one of the same. DtroitPunk was banned because he already had a previous account from a couple of years ago, the renaissanceman account. Now he posts with the RM account. Also, when you hear someone mention DP/RM, we're talking about him.

Ooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhh. Ok. I get it now. Having a blonde moment. :itsme:

PrincessArky
07-25-2007, 07:55 AM

same person or I thought it was??? maybe I need more meds lol

Berkley69
07-25-2007, 07:55 AM
I don't even go there anymore, I think they're more liberal over there, and I don't get along with people like that :twitch

LuvBigRip
07-25-2007, 07:57 AM
same person or I thought it was??? maybe I need more meds lol

BTW: You never did share those meds! :getyou

PrincessArky
07-25-2007, 08:02 AM
BTW: You never did share those meds! :getyou

yeah really then i might lose it if I do lol

LuvBigRip
07-25-2007, 08:12 AM
yeah really then i might lose it if I do lol

Can't lose what you never had. :backaway

PrincessArky
07-25-2007, 08:18 AM
Can't lose what you never had. :backaway

oh NO personal attacks are NOT allowed lol

freeby4me
07-25-2007, 08:28 AM
I don't even go there anymore, I think they're more liberal over there, and I don't get along with people like that :twitch

Actually its quite the opposite. They're very conservative. At least, the one's who speak the loudest over there are LOL

LuvBigRip
07-25-2007, 08:58 AM

:slap <----For me

renaissanceman
07-25-2007, 09:07 AM
Actually its quite the opposite. They're very conservative. At least, the one's who speak the loudest over there are LOL

So far for me the site is more conservative or at least more OPEN and friendly to conservative views. They are definitely not really conservative though just look at the political views, VERY liberal for the most part.

renaissanceman
07-25-2007, 09:14 AM
Because you came into this thread a few pages back & completely started spouting off about abortion when this thread is not about abortion at all!

WTH!

I didn't even post anything in your abortion thread. It seems you are trying to stir up trouble in a thread that's not even about abortion

I wasnt trying to start anything or turn this thread into an abortion topic, I was just sort of taking a poke at all the people who were going on and on about me.

I posted ONE thing about abortion in a post that said other things as well, if you think that is spouting off thats your deal.

renaissanceman
07-25-2007, 09:16 AM

I do get a little confused sometimes, but I dont remember ever saying that. If you can find it and quote me that might help clear things up.

renaissanceman
07-25-2007, 09:50 AM

WTH!

By the way Evrita brought up abortion back on pg 6 WELL before I did, was she hijacking your thread?

IthinkNOT!
07-25-2007, 09:59 AM
OK, Someone give him a infraction, he is clearly trying to start something....,

pepperpot
07-25-2007, 10:13 AM

It is only in my power to issue fractions, how's 1/3?

:razz

IthinkNOT!
07-25-2007, 10:18 AM
It is only in my power to issue fractions, how's 1/3?

LOL!!!!

tngirl
07-25-2007, 10:47 AM

They aren't? Dang!!

PrincessArky
07-25-2007, 10:50 AM
They aren't? Dang!!

oh no see I can see it now you guys are gonna start picking on me lol

pepperpot
07-25-2007, 10:53 AM
oh no see I can see it now you guys are gonna start picking on me lol

PrincessArky, I'm issuing you a 7/16! :getyou

PrincessArky
07-25-2007, 10:57 AM

and I'm the nice one :)

renaissanceman
07-25-2007, 11:08 AM

I was ONLY trying to show that I actually was not the first person to mention abortion in this thread.

If showing someone that they have made a mistake is trying to start something than PLEASE give me an infraction.

Unless you are just kidding and I missed the point?

IthinkNOT!
07-25-2007, 12:32 PM
Unless you are just kidding and I missed the point?

Ummmm....yeah, ya missed it....:rolleyes: Thought we had been over this allready, I have a strange sense of humor:footinmouth

But, since I'm here anyway, why do you have to come into every thread and try to start an argument? This is not a debate thread, it was more of a bitch fest, and so what if someone brought your name into it? Does it really bother you that bad what some ppl on a freebie board think of you? They are picking on you, so what? Today you are the joke, tommorow it will probably be someone else. Let it go. Have you ever considered trying to be friendly to people, maybe joke around sometimes? Cause the way you come off is that you are the know all/ end all and we are all suposed to :adore: you. I have never seen you in thread that you weren't trying to prove something, not every thread here is a debate....

getting off my :soapbox now.....

pepperpot
07-25-2007, 12:34 PM
IthinkNot!, you get a 17/31 for that!:getyou

Now how's that for a fraction....:slap

IthinkNOT!
07-25-2007, 12:39 PM
:raspberry :vroam:
IthinkNot!, you get a 17/31 for that!:getyou

Now how's that for a fraction....:slap

Pepsi4me
07-25-2007, 12:44 PM
By the way Evrita brought up abortion back on pg 6 WELL before I did, was she hijacking your thread?

She was just pointing out to someone what thread they were talking about.

You came in here trying to drag your abortion opinions in here. Take it back to your thread you already started.:slap

evrita
07-25-2007, 01:01 PM

You know what if you really want to start with me BRING IT ON :slap Because I have not argured with you in your post about abortions or religion and I have bit my tounge until it was almost bleeding but I deal with people like you on an everyday basis and you want to have a meeting of the minds or a war of words well ordinarily people live and learn. You just live

LuvBigRip
07-25-2007, 01:04 PM

Why do you keep yelling at us?

Willow
07-25-2007, 03:44 PM
I was going to post in the Pagan thread over there but decided against it. Someone asked a question pertaining to Pagans and considering I was one for many years I thought I would post in it but when I saw that Misty Wolf's post was edited I didn't even bother.

freeby4me
07-25-2007, 03:45 PM
I was going to post in the Pagan thread over there but decided against it. Someone asked a question pertaining to Pagans and considering I was one for many years I thought I would post in it but when I saw that Misty Wolf's post was edited I didn't even bother.

I'll have to go check it out but yea, I wouldnt bother if I were you LOL

Willow
07-25-2007, 03:49 PM

Here is the link.......

http://forums.momswhothink.com/showthread.php?t=96452

freeby4me
07-25-2007, 03:52 PM
Here is the link.......

http://forums.momswhothink.com/showthread.php?t=96452

Thanks. It makes me wonder sometimes.

So Patch, what is your definition of a pagan?? I promise I wont jump on ya LOL

MistyWolf
07-25-2007, 03:53 PM
Are you talking about me Patch .. :rofl: ;)

And that did bother me that the link I posted never posted .. right away it said it was spam and deleted. Last I checked Wikipedia isn't spam .. kind of like censorship if you ask me. It isn't like I was trying to sell something .. I was trying to post a reply.

freeby4me
07-25-2007, 03:56 PM

And that did bother me that the link I posted never posted .. right away it said it was spam and deleted. Last I checked Wikipedia isn't spam .. kind of like censorship if you ask me. It isn't like I was trying to sell something .. I was trying to post a reply.

Maybe you were "selling" religion and that kind isnt allowed LOL :kidding

MistyWolf
07-25-2007, 03:57 PM
Maybe you were "selling" religion and that kind isnt allowed LOL :kidding

LOL :rules :rofl:

pepperpot
07-25-2007, 04:02 PM

I must've missed that, a wikipedia link was edited? How odd.....

MistyWolf
07-25-2007, 04:04 PM
I must've missed that, a wikipedia link was edited? How odd.....

Yes, my first post at that site was edited. I edited again asking why my post was edited .. which is why it isn't there now, but I thought it was strange too .. I mean come on it's wikipedia!!!

evrita
07-25-2007, 04:09 PM
Yes, my first post at that site was edited. I edited again asking why my post was edited .. which is why it isn't there now, but I thought it was strange too .. I mean come on it's wikipedia!!!

:rules :dontfeed
We know thats what you really are Misty :rofl:

Willow
07-25-2007, 04:24 PM
Editing a Wikipedia link seems kind of biased. I don't understand why someone thought that was spam. Maybe we should post the definition of spam. LOL

Willow
07-25-2007, 04:40 PM
Thanks. It makes me wonder sometimes.

So Patch, what is your definition of a pagan?? I promise I wont jump on ya LOL

I will have to look up one of my old posts in the religious forum. I used to post losts of stuff on Paganism.

Katt
07-25-2007, 07:38 PM
Editing a Wikipedia link seems kind of biased. I don't understand why someone thought that was spam. Maybe we should post the definition of spam. LOL

It's kind of the same as giving an infraction for "baiting" and in the same breath turn around and ask if the poster was of sub-standard intelligence. lol I had issues with that whole load of crap. I ended up signing out and I won't be back over there.

pepperpot
07-25-2007, 07:39 PM
It's kind of the same as giving an infraction for "baiting" and in the same breath turn around and ask if the poster was of sub-standard intelligence. lol I had issues with that whole load of crap. I ended up signing out and I won't be back over there.

So I guess lunch is off at the sister-site? :razz

:lol

Katt
07-25-2007, 07:43 PM
So I guess lunch is off at the sister-site? :razz

:lol

Yeah, sorry, I'll have to pass. :p I'd probably be lectured for the type of food I chose to eat anyway. :rules

ahippiechic
07-25-2007, 07:58 PM
I haven't even registered over, I know better. For once.

stresseater
07-25-2007, 08:36 PM
Not just that but after I pointed out that the TOS they were trying to hold everyone to weren't even at the link they kept saying it was ,they posted it at the top. So I went to check it out and couldn't find the word baiting ANYWHERE. Now I may be blind but I don't know. I signed up over three right after the merge and posted in a few threads after I got called everything but a white girl it was a long time before I went back and I am not going to be posting much there. It seems to be ok for them to call names but not a newbie.

MistyWolf
07-25-2007, 09:50 PM
:rules :dontfeed
We know thats what you really are Misty :rofl:

Takes one to know one!! :troll :rolling

I haven't even registered over, I know better. For once.

I hear ya .. it's Aussie's fault :rolling

tngirl
07-25-2007, 10:17 PM

I think she deserves at least a 9/16!

YankeeMary
07-25-2007, 10:57 PM
http://www.150.si.edu/150trav/remember/r1118a.jpg

There's no place like home.

PrincessArky
07-26-2007, 05:31 AM
http://www.150.si.edu/150trav/remember/r1118a.jpg

There's no place like home.

you said it Dorothy lol

tngirl
07-26-2007, 05:34 AM
Thanks Mary!! I snagged that picture for the next time I am being a smartarse...lmao.

Willow
07-26-2007, 05:54 AM

I agree! It seems a bit hypocritical.

IthinkNOT!
07-26-2007, 06:27 AM
Not just that but after I pointed out that the TOS they were trying to hold everyone to weren't even at the link they kept saying it was ,they posted it at the top. So I went to check it out and couldn't find the word baiting ANYWHERE. Now I may be blind but I don't know. I signed up over three right after the merge and posted in a few threads after I got called everything but a white girl it was a long time before I went back and I am not going to be posting much there. It seems to be ok for them to call names but not a newbie.
Thats what I tried to point out over there, to no avail.....

Berkley69
07-26-2007, 11:29 AM
I haven't seen a lot of them posting over here anymore either...........

renaissanceman
07-26-2007, 12:13 PM
Ummmm....yeah, ya missed it....:rolleyes: Thought we had been over this allready, I have a strange sense of humor:footinmouth

But, since I'm here anyway, why do you have to come into every thread and try to start an argument? This is not a debate thread, it was more of a bitch fest, and so what if someone brought your name into it? Does it really bother you that bad what some ppl on a freebie board think of you? They are picking on you, so what? Today you are the joke, tommorow it will probably be someone else. Let it go. Have you ever considered trying to be friendly to people, maybe joke around sometimes? Cause the way you come off is that you are the know all/ end all and we are all suposed to :adore: you. I have never seen you in thread that you weren't trying to prove something, not every thread here is a debate....

getting off my :soapbox now.....

I really wasnt trying to start anything. I noticed that some people kept bringing me up when I wasnt even saying anything so I thought I would give them something to talk about. It only seems fair to me.

I consider myself fairly knowledgeable on a good many topics, but I dont think that should impress anyone, and I am hardly ADORED by ANYONE on this forum unless you count my wife! LOL. I do on occasion make jokes with folks as well. I just feel that dissenting opinions are unwelcome here.

That is WHY I will keep on doing it. If everyone agrees with us, our beliefs go unchallenged and we can sit back and believe things that MAY be false. When we are challenged we are forced to look at our views again and SOMETIMES we learn something.

renaissanceman
07-26-2007, 12:19 PM
You know what if you really want to start with me BRING IT ON :slap Because I have not argured with you in your post about abortions or religion and I have bit my tounge until it was almost bleeding but I deal with people like you on an everyday basis and you want to have a meeting of the minds or a war of words well ordinarily people live and learn. You just live

I wasnt starting with you! What is wrong with you people. I SIMPLY pointed out that I wasnt the first person to bring up abortion on "PEPSIS" thread.

This is a free public forum, you dont have to bite your tonque. If you have anything you would like to add to any of my posts I encourage you to respond. Healthy debate forces ALL of us to really look at and challenge our beliefs.

You know me only from reading my posts. I seriously doubt you deal with "people like me" every day. I am not even sure what that means, I guess I will go with

people who have the annoying habit of actually challenging conventional wisdom and popular opinion?

Once again I wasnt starting with you or attacking you. If I had taken issue with you I would have quoted you.

renaissanceman
07-26-2007, 12:19 PM
Why do you keep yelling at us?

I was responding to one persons post. I wasnt yelling at anyone. Just trying to add emphasis.

pepperpot
07-26-2007, 12:27 PM
:sleep:

Pepsi4me
07-26-2007, 12:35 PM
I was responding to one persons post. I wasnt yelling at anyone. Just trying to add emphasis.

Use underline or italics for that. Caps is yelling at people.

ahippiechic
07-26-2007, 12:44 PM
It really isn't his opinions that I object so much to. It's the arrogant, antagonistic delivery of them that makes me dislike them.

renaissanceman
07-26-2007, 12:47 PM
Use underline or italics for that. Caps is yelling at people.

Ok, but when I signify yelling I capitalize the whole sentence not KEY words. I may not do things the way others think they should be done, that doesnt mean I am yelling.

pepperpot
07-26-2007, 01:13 PM
:sleep:

LuvBigRip
07-26-2007, 01:40 PM
Ok, but when I signify yelling I capitalize the whole sentence not KEY words. I may not do things the way others think they should be done, that doesnt mean I am yelling.

But to informed, well versed forum (and internet users) THIS is YELLING. This is emphasising. Every time I see your posts, to me it looks like a rant. No matter what you are saying, I skip over your post because to me, you are screaming your written words at us, rather than emphasing a word. The few I have read, I attempted to find your tone, but again, all I hear is screaming. Post however you want, but most people will choose to totally ignore you rather than be yelled at. JMHO

Pepsi4me
07-26-2007, 01:47 PM
It really isn't his opinions that I object so much to. It's the arrogant, antagonistic delivery of them that makes me dislike them.

Exactly! very condescending tone.

evrita
07-26-2007, 03:31 PM
Anybody ever watch the show Daria it was spinoff of Bevis and Butthead anyways you remember the teacher who was a military guy who had one eye who bugged out of his head and he would ALWAYS have to SAY every other word loud LMAO thats who DP reminds me of

Pepsi4me
07-26-2007, 03:37 PM
Anybody ever watch the show Daria it was spinoff of Bevis and Butthead anyways you remember the teacher who was a military guy who had one eye who bugged out of his head and he would ALWAYS have to SAY every other word loud LMAO thats who DP reminds me of

:rolling :lol

evrita
07-26-2007, 04:09 PM
http://www.outpost-daria.com/ch_demartino.html

http://www.outpost-daria.com/images/demartino.gif

I found it

freeby4me
07-26-2007, 04:20 PM
Freeby4me for once says not a word....

LI Mama
07-26-2007, 04:26 PM

It's an installed hack. If your first post contains a link, it's deleted. It makes it much easier to keep up with the spam. Once you have more then one post, you can post links with no issues.

IthinkNOT!
07-26-2007, 04:30 PM
ummm....and that applies to who?

Just found this, it was there first post and there link was there till someone deleted it....
http://forums.momswhothink.com/showthread.php?t=96626

That must apply just to the ones fromt his site, right?

LI Mama
07-26-2007, 04:33 PM
Nope, it applies to everyone. In fact, we had the hack long before the merge. That link was deleted automatically by the system. The Yoda thing is part of the hack.

IthinkNOT!
07-26-2007, 04:51 PM
From what I've seen ya'll can say or do anyhting you want to a newbie, and explain it away all you want. A famous one is that the CL's can't see everythin that is going on, well it's like katt said in another post, when you have CL's actively posting in the questioned threads, but yet no body notices anything, what is wrong with that picture? Or we didn't see it that way....
Whatever... People who are so insulted by an avatar, but can ask someone if they are of "subnormal intellegence". Guess there was nothing wrong with that, huh? It seems that ya'll can insult us in anyway you see fit, and nothing is wrong with that, but it's open season for us right?

JudyK
07-26-2007, 04:56 PM
Hey all. I was asked to clarify what each board has as far as spam protection.

BOTH boards have the following hacks installed :

NoSpam!

NoSpam! allows you to specify a set of questions which members are required to answer correctly at registration, eliminating the ability of spam bots to register at your forums and post unwanted messages.

Stop Spam Links

Stop Spammers By Replacing their Post

BBF also has this hack installed, which places posts in the moderation queue to be approved by an administrator before they get posted. It is the first line of defense at BBF, the others only go into play if a post slips through this one :

Prevent Spam

Prevent spam on your boards by moderating posts containing certain words.

Brandon and Jon use it in another forum they own, and Chris and I use spam prevention in a set of sites we own that have commenting abilities. It is crucial for anyone managing more than one site, or even one site that gets any amount of traffic in order to keep spam at bay.

Spammers have increased their activity in forums. While it is inconvienient for a new poster to not be able to post links for the first few posts it prevents the forums from being literally filled to the brim with spam.

Pepsi4me
07-26-2007, 05:26 PM
From what I've seen ya'll can say or do anyhting you want to a newbie, and explain it away all you want. A famous one is that the CL's can't see everythin that is going on, well it's like katt said in another post, when you have CL's actively posting in the questioned threads, but yet no body notices anything, what is wrong with that picture? Or we didn't see it that way....
Whatever... People who are so insulted by an avatar, but can ask someone if they are of "subnormal intellegence". Guess there was nothing wrong with that, huh? It seems that ya'll can insult us in anyway you see fit, and nothing is wrong with that, but it's open season for us right?

Exactly!

I did use the report button on a thread over there & I pretty much got the response I expected. :rolleyes:

IthinkNOT!
07-26-2007, 05:36 PM
Exactly!

I did use the report button on a thread over there & I pretty much got the response I expected. :rolleyes:
If you got a response you did better than I did, I used the report post thing, only to have someone say later, well why didn't you report it? And I'm like well I did...

ahippiechic
07-26-2007, 06:19 PM

I wondered about that post too. Telling you that you were 'baiting' then asking if you were of "subnormal intellegence"?? WTF?? That's messed up.

IthinkNOT!
07-26-2007, 06:52 PM
I wondered about that post too. Telling you that you were 'baiting' then asking if you were of "subnormal intellegence"?? WTF?? That's messed up.
Oh, but it can't be messed up, aren't they perfect???

Pepsi4me
07-26-2007, 06:56 PM

:rolling

ahippiechic
07-26-2007, 06:56 PM

Well, most of them seem to think so........

Pepsi4me
07-27-2007, 05:30 AM
Debating over their about The Duggers (on their 17th kid) & if you can really give quality time with each child in such a big family.:headshake

freeby4me
07-27-2007, 05:49 AM
Debating over their about The Duggers (on their 17th kid) & if you can really give quality time with each child in such a big family.:headshake

I remember when we debated about that over here and most felt like what the family was doing was fine and they didnt jump all over others who felt differently. I almost posted my opinion over there and im sure glad I didnt. I feel sorry for anyone who disagree's over there. Its almost like you get burned at the stake for *shock* disagreeing lol

teenies*mom
07-27-2007, 05:57 AM
well I have only been to that form a couple of times and by the sounds of it - I think I will just stay here......

tngirl
07-27-2007, 06:04 AM
In defense of MWT, I reported the post directly to Bahet and she pm'd me back immediately. She was going to remove the infraction. I had told her that the problem with the disagreement was the fact that the person with the "sub-intelligence" "question" was actually one of their CL's.

I think Bahet handled it very nicely. I will admit though, that first thread of mine kind of got me off on the wrong foot...lol. But, I did break the rules by post the pm. I just didn't think anything of it because I did not reveal who had sent it to me. I know better now...lol.

PrincessArky
07-27-2007, 06:05 AM
I remember when we debated about that over here and most felt like what the family was doing was fine and they didnt jump all over others who felt differently. I almost posted my opinion over there and im sure glad I didnt. I feel sorry for anyone who disagree's over there. Its almost like you get burned at the stake for *shock* disagreeing lol

yeah really, I do like being able to disagree with style glad I backed out of there when I accidentally landed there lol How exactly did we get hooked up with them anyway???

ok what exactly is an infraction????

IthinkNOT!
07-27-2007, 07:40 AM
yeah really, I do like being able to disagree with style glad I backed out of there when I accidentally landed there lol How exactly did we get hooked up with them anyway???

ok what exactly is an infraction????
It's like when you got your hand spanked with a ruler back in school.....lol

Willow
07-27-2007, 09:17 AM
How exactly did we get hooked up with them anyway???

I believe this is how it happened......

Jon and Brandon knew the site owners of MWT and asked them if they would be willing to help with some technical issues over here since they (Jon and Brandon) really don't have time to keep up with the board because of other commitments they have.

ahippiechic
07-27-2007, 09:33 AM

Jon and Brandon knew the site owners of MWT and asked them if they would be willing to help with some technical issues over here since they (Jon and Brandon) really don't have time to keep up with the board because of other commitments they have.

Yeah. But it bothered me that we had to semi-merge with them in order to get some tech issues fixed?? Almost anyone could have made the changes that have been made on here, I really don't see the need to have to merge with another board to get it done. Katt amd Mom could have done most of them, if they had been asked/allowed. Same with the contests. And if they had done them I think they would have been done differently, so as not to have the whole place in an uproar.

Nothing personal against Judy, Chris, Bahet etc....I'm thankful to them that they listened to us about some of the changes and put them back. It's just that they really didn't know what this board was about nor anything about the members here.

MistyWolf
07-27-2007, 09:38 AM
It's an installed hack. If your first post contains a link, it's deleted. It makes it much easier to keep up with the spam. Once you have more then one post, you can post links with no issues.

Well thanks for explaining that to me .. but I wish it was explained when I originally made that post wondering why my post was edited ???

And for the record, I did make a post today at MWT with a link in it (What Party Girl Are You .. just like here) and it did work.

IthinkNOT!
07-27-2007, 10:04 AM
In defense of MWT, I reported the post directly to Bahet and she pm'd me back immediately. She was going to remove the infraction. I had told her that the problem with the disagreement was the fact that the person with the "sub-intelligence" "question" was actually one of their CL's.

I think Bahet handled it very nicely. I will admit though, that first thread of mine kind of got me off on the wrong foot...lol. But, I did break the rules by post the pm. I just didn't think anything of it because I did not reveal who had sent it to me. I know better now...lol.
what infraction is going to be dropped?

PrincessArky
07-27-2007, 11:13 AM

see shows ya what I know lol I thought the ones that took over here had the time or else they wouldnt have taken over the board :(

Willow
07-27-2007, 11:15 AM
Yeah. But it bothered me that we had to semi-merge with them in order to get some tech issues fixed?? Almost anyone could have made the changes that have been made on here, I really don't see the need to have to merge with another board to get it done. Katt amd Mom could have done most of them, if they had been asked/allowed. Same with the contests. And if they had done them I think they would have been done differently, so as not to have the whole place in an uproar.

Nothing personal against Judy, Chris, Bahet etc....I'm thankful to them that they listened to us about some of the changes and put them back. It's just that they really didn't know what this board was about nor anything about the members here.

I agree with everything you have said. None of the "real" issues were even fixed. We didn't need to have BBS redecorated. The only ones who have really kept up with this board all these years is Katt and mom2jal. When we complained we were told that because we complained that they weren't going to do anything more with board. It was almost like them saying.... Well if we can't change things around how we want them then we aren't going to fix the problems either.

ahippiechic
07-27-2007, 12:30 PM
I agree with everything you have said. None of the "real" issues were even fixed. We didn't need to have BBS redecorated. The only ones who have really kept up with this board all these years is Katt and mom2jal. When we complained we were told that because we complained that they weren't going to do anything more with board. It was almost like them saying.... Well if we can't change things around how we want them then we aren't going to fix the problems either.

Yeah. Things like an arcade, skins, moving the forums around, avatars, smilies, contests etc. I KNOW Katt and Mom can do those things. As far 'tech' issues, I'm sure they could have gotten fixed without a merger. Hell, I volunteered to do them for free.

And we have to register there to particpate in the debates, but they don't have to register here to take advantage of the freebies. Oh well, I don't want to debate with any of them anyway, lol, so I'll shut up. (for now)

loveswolfs
07-27-2007, 01:30 PM
And speaking of freebies..i thought they had their freebie thread taken away like we had out debate taken away? Well i see them still listing freebies over there. Not many but some but was just wondering why?

Willow
07-27-2007, 01:35 PM
And speaking of freebies..i thought they had their freebie thread taken away like we had out debate taken away? Well i see them still listing freebies over there. Not many but some but was just wondering why?

Things are very one-sided aren't they?

Tasha405
07-27-2007, 01:37 PM
ITA with everything Hippie said! lol

loveswolfs
07-27-2007, 02:20 PM
Things are very one-sided aren't they?

Very and it just blows my mind.. unfair if you ask me.

Pepsi4me
07-27-2007, 02:36 PM
Very and it just blows my mind.. unfair if you ask me.

Yup!

pepperpot
07-27-2007, 03:02 PM
They do things a bit differently over there. If you give them a chance, and overlook the few lemon-heads (like we have here), there really are some nice people over there.

I think for the most part, they do try and they have softened a bit since a few of us came along. Perhaps they needed a bit of 'fresh air' there too. It's a different board with a different flavor.

As for 'newbie issues', I think it also takes our (the newbies) understanding of their system and that they have their circle of 'friends' as well that they are used to dealing with.

As for as Admins go, I think theirs addresses issues and are around a bit more than the ones here. I think I've seen Brandon (?) in one thread the whole time I've been here. I'm just trying to be objective and fair.

I've seen their Admins post more over here and try to be more helpful than our own.

Willow
07-27-2007, 03:59 PM
Yeah. Things like an arcade, skins, moving the forums around, avatars, smilies, contests etc. I KNOW Katt and Mom can do those things. As far 'tech' issues, I'm sure they could have gotten fixed without a merger. Hell, I volunteered to do them for free.

And we have to register there to particpate in the debates, but they don't have to register here to take advantage of the freebies. Oh well, I don't want to debate with any of them anyway, lol, so I'll shut up. (for now)

Yes, they could have been fixed without the merger. Links were posted for them in regards to the skins but I don't think they even bothered to look at them. They said the thank you button was going to be hard to install because it wasn't compatible with the version of v bulletin that the board uses and that they would need to upgrade everything and it would cause the board to be unstable. I don't like the fact that you need to register at the other site in order to enter the contest. The members over there aren't required to join here to participate so why should our members have to join their board.

tngirl
07-27-2007, 05:57 PM
They have arcade games? Why didn't anyone tell me!?!?!?! Well, if you don't see me for a while you know where I will be...lol. Hey stress, have you been playing over there?

Val1
07-27-2007, 06:05 PM
Huh, I thought we had to register to participate here. I did anyway. Most of the boards I've participated on you do have to register if you want to post, anyway.

I have to say, I've really enjoyed some of the ladies who've started coming by MWT from this board, and I enjoy the non-freebie parts of this board - the religious board, the chat, news, and entertainment. Certainly we are different groups, but I have enjoyed meeting some "new blood" to add fresh perspectives to our debates and reading the topics posted here.

I don't know most folks here too well, but I do enjoy checking out the boards. I'm a mod there and most of the mods will respond promptly to a PM, even if they aren't constantly on the boards.

ahippiechic
07-27-2007, 06:08 PM
Huh, I thought we had to register to participate here. I did anyway. Most of the boards I've participated on you do have to register if you want to post, anyway.

They do have to register to post, but they don't have to register to take advantage of the freebies, is what I was referring to. (the forum that they are linked to)

And it's nothing personal against the members of MWT, I would feel the same way if it had been any other board and things were done the way they were.

stresseater
07-27-2007, 06:58 PM
They have arcade games? Why didn't anyone tell me!?!?!?! Well, if you don't see me for a while you know where I will be...lol. Hey stress, have you been playing over there?
I haven't had time to check the games out yet but soon I will. The kids will be going back to school in a couple of weeks. :dancing: :elefant: :rock:

Willow
07-27-2007, 07:04 PM
Actually I am wrong about something so I apologize. I thought that you had to be a member of both boards in order to enter the contest but you only have to be a member of one. As far as the other things I mentioned my feelings haven't changed on that. LOL

loveswolfs
07-27-2007, 07:39 PM

If you mean mwt as they for the games we have them too..look up on top where you would log out. If you meant here ...never mind :D

Bahet
07-27-2007, 10:50 PM

Just workin' my way through since I was last functioning enough to post much. lol We used to be very liberal and often got blasted for it. Then we had a huge melt down late last year and a lot of the liberals left. I'm pretty moderate. I'm socially pretty liberal but fiscally conservative (either way that makes me NOT a Republican! lol) I'm agnostic in religious beliefs, against the war in Iraq, think Bush is the biggest SOB ever and still get nauseated just listening to him, and I'm often rather opinionated and vocal about it. (Whoda thunk it? lol) I'dlike to see some more liberals around there but figure as the election draws nearer Bush will do more stupid things and more people will get their heads out of the sand and realize that they were wrong to be a Republican. ;)

Bahet
07-27-2007, 11:02 PM

I had no idea there was an issue until I just read it over here. I seem to find out about problems people have with MWT by reading over here. I don't know why. I'm a nice person. I don't bite (hard.) I reply to all PMs and check them daily at least. I try to fix things and make things work for all our members. I posted a reply over there in the thread. Seriously, if someone has a problem please let me know by sending me a PM, reporting a post, posting in the Announcements and Feedback forum, or PMing a CL. If we don't know that something is broken we cannot possibly know it needs to be fixed.

Bahet
07-27-2007, 11:11 PM

If someone has a problem please PM me, PM a CL, report the post, or post in the site announcements and feedback forum at the bottom of the forums page. I don't run a heavy handed site. I have better things to do. I never got a reported post about anyone calling you names Stress. I, for one, liked your posts. I don't play favorites and have nothing at all against newbies. Heck, some of the people I like the most joined up with the merger and some of the people I wish would just go away already have been members for years.

I don't know why the TOS page isn't working. There is a link in the TOS that isn't showing up (again no idea why) to a rules of conduct and if I remember correctly (it's a crap shoot sometimes) there is a rule against baiting in that.

FTR, I also received a PM regarding the issue and I believe it was resolved from there.

Bahet
07-27-2007, 11:17 PM

THANK YOU!!! (and yes, I'm yelling it. :lol ) It was bugging the carp out of me trying to figure out what it reminded me of. That's exactly how I read his posts.

You make some interesting and debatable posts DP (or RM) but when I read them with an almost lurching tone because of the yelling or "emphasizing" it loses all intellectual content and becomes some weird rant.

*Disclaimer: I am not saying this because he is a newbie at MWT and I therefore want to antagonize him for nothing more than existing because that's what we at MWT do [/sarcasm] I am saying this because I love to get into passionate debates but find myself unable to do so because of the weird ranting tone in which I read those sorts of posts.

Bahet
07-27-2007, 11:24 PM

No it's not right. It was dealt with by me via PM.

The CLs aren't perfect. Just because they are in a thread doesn't mean they read every post. Just because they read something doesn't mean they noticed it as hostile. Just because they notice something as hostile doesn't mean they didn't have something happen IRL and forget to address it. Hence the invention of PM and "report this post". Now, the post was reported and I did still manage to miss it but I blame that on the fact that DH got home after 1 1/2 years away and when I finally managed to crawl to my computer my eyeballs were still a bit blurry.

Fortunately, I was PMd regarding the matter and I had what I thought was a nice exchange that came to a resolution and an apology by me for letting it slip by. At least I think I apologized. DH wants to head to the hot tub and I want to finish this thread so I'm not going to go back through my PMs. In the event that I did not apologize to the person please alow me to extend a sincere apology for any misunderstandings, misconduct, and mistakes right now.

Bahet
07-27-2007, 11:26 PM

I'm close. Ask me in another 30 lbs.

Bahet
07-27-2007, 11:29 PM
Well thanks for explaining that to me .. but I wish it was explained when I originally made that post wondering why my post was edited ???

And for the record, I did make a post today at MWT with a link in it (What Party Girl Are You .. just like here) and it did work.

I'm more agnostic than anything so I pretty much avoid the religious debates forum. I didn't know you had a problem until I saw it in this thread. I posted over there about the nospam/stopspam stuff that I now see Judy addressed as well.

janelle
07-27-2007, 11:42 PM
You mean we still haven't found a perfect web site
? Oh no, there just has to be one out there. LOL

Actually, I like to read the posts from the members here that go over there. And there are several members from here that went over and are having a great time over there. New people, new subjects.

I PMd Bahet about something and she answered me right away and took care of it. I told her the airplane smilie looked like a fly and she took it off. LOL. If I had known her hubby had come home at last after 1 1/2 years I wouldn't have bothered her. Why she is dealing with this stuff right now is beyond me. Now can we all just get along?

Bahet
07-27-2007, 11:43 PM

We had to register over here to do anything with the board. Without registering we had the same abilities as any lurker just as you would for us.

FTR, you may not want to debate with any of us but I enjoyed debating immigration policy with you over here. I'm not saying you have to join over at MWT. I'm just saying that it seems awfully hypocritical to have people condem us for mistreating people solely for being new (which again, some of the newbies are among my favorite posters) while saying that you don't want to debate with the ones who have come over here and made an effort.

I'm a newbie here. I am a big girl. I don't lump myself in with any particular group based on longevity at a message board. I can take it as well as I can dish it out. I like debates - the more heated the better. But speaking solely as a newbie I'm not feeling a lot of the niceness here that MWT is getting bashed for not handing out. I would think that if people want to condemn one place for being hostile to newbies that they would be a place that was the opposite of what they claim to resent so much. I don't have a lot of posts here but the vast majority of them seem to be defending myself or my site. I don't see where any of the newbies frm here to MWT have had to deal with such stuff.

Yes, I'm admin and as such I naturally end up being the one to have to defend MWT. But we don't have any 22 (or are we up to 23 yet?) page threads venting about BBF. Heck, we don't have any threads complaining about how we've been treated over here. It's not because we've been made to feel welcomed and included though. There are a lot of people here I like. I like this site and I like a lot of the topics here. But I sure haven't been made to feel very welcomed by a lot of people. Perhaps if people are so concerned with how they are being treated they should step back and examine how they are treating others.

Bahet
07-27-2007, 11:54 PM
You mean we still haven't found a perfect web site
? Oh no, there just has to be one out there. LOL

Actually, I like to read the posts from the members here that go over there. And there are several members from here that went over and are having a great time over there. New people, new subjects.

I PMd Bahet about something and she answered me right away and took care of it. I told her the airplane smilie looked like a fly and she took it off. LOL. If I had known her hubby had come home at last after 1 1/2 years I wouldn't have bothered her. Why she is dealing with this stuff right now is beyond me. Now can we all just get along?

I need to take a break sometimes. This isn't one of those times though. Off to the hot tub! If anyone has a response, PM me, report a post at MWT, PM a CL, use MWTs Feeback forum at the bottom of the forums page or just post here and I'll see it when I have more than 5 minutes.

janelle
07-27-2007, 11:59 PM
Enjoy the hot tub. I can't imagine being without my hubby for a few weeks let along 1 1/2 years. You two just relax and be together. Noting around here will fall apart while you are gone.

MistyWolf
07-28-2007, 05:01 AM
I'm more agnostic than anything so I pretty much avoid the religious debates forum. I didn't know you had a problem until I saw it in this thread. I posted over there about the nospam/stopspam stuff that I now see Judy addressed as well.

I usually avoid religious/political debates like the plague, but people have a bad misconception on pagans and I try to educate ppl, a little bit anyways .. lol.

PrincessArky
07-28-2007, 05:18 AM
If you mean mwt as they for the games we have them too..look up on top where you would log out. If you meant here ...never mind :D

OMG never knew we had any lol

freeby4me
07-28-2007, 05:38 AM
Just wanted to say Thank you to Bahet for taking the time to come and chit chat with us and go over a few things!!