PDA

View Full Version : What's your favorite memory of this place from years ago?

Angelseyes28
07-09-2007, 06:19 AM
The other thread started talking about past members etc and it got me to thinking about old times. So all of you members that's been around a while, whats your favorite memory(or thing) of this place from back then?

I have sooooo many, but the first thing that popped in my head was the chatroom! Oh man we used to have a ball in there!!! I think I still have the bruises from rolls of pennies being thrown at me:o

HumblePie98
07-09-2007, 06:26 AM
When ezmoney had her baby!! Think of how big he must be now! The exchanges.... back then they were so fun.

freeby4me
07-09-2007, 06:40 AM
One of my memories is the Kraft foods box. I never got in on that because when I finally decided it was a good thing they were gone but I know so many people here got in on them and that was alot of fun hearing about all the things!!

lisahiser
07-09-2007, 06:43 AM
The other thread started talking about past members etc and it got me to thinking about old times. So all of you members that's been around a while, whats your favorite memory(or thing) of this place from back then?

I have sooooo many, but the first thing that popped in my head was the chatroom! Oh man we used to have a ball in there!!! I think I still have the bruises from rolls of pennies being thrown at me:o

I was just telling my SIL about the chat room that used to be here last night! -lol

I miss all the Free Freebies and how many we used to get....... so many that my maillady used to give me my mail in a wal-mart bag- lol
I still have yet to recieve one single mouse pad or t-shirt that I signed up for- lol
I miss those days! :dancing: :happy

Angelseyes28
07-09-2007, 06:49 AM
I was just telling my SIL about the chat room that used to be here last night! -lol

OMG I specifically remember you dragging Alex behind the couch and coming up with whipped cream all over your face!:rolling

freeby4me
07-09-2007, 06:52 AM
OMG I specifically remember you dragging Alex behind the couch and coming up with whipped cream all over your face!:rolling

:huh Too bad I missed that one LOL

Angelseyes28
07-09-2007, 06:58 AM
:huh Too bad I missed that one LOL

Oh man the chatroom was a BLAST!!!!! Sometimes there would be so many people in there at the same time that it was hard to keep up but it was so much fun.

lisahiser
07-09-2007, 07:03 AM

Talk about suddenly getting red in the face!!!!!
OMG I forgot about that time, but hey that couch was a lot of fun!
I think we actually had quite a Huge couch.
If we could get the chat room back Kyla Kym to bring the pole in the room too! - lol

Thank you for sharing and reminding me!

Good Times!

Angelseyes28
07-09-2007, 07:38 AM
Talk about suddenly getting red in the face!!!!!
OMG I forgot about that time, but hey that couch was a lot of fun!
I think we actually had quite a Huge couch.
If we could get the chat room back Kyla Kym to bring the pole in the room too! - lol

Thank you for sharing and reminding me!

Good Times!

LOL Anything I can do to help:D

Tasha405
07-09-2007, 07:39 AM
The chatroom! Plus some of the old members who no longer visit the boards. Oh and me poking Lasher & Julie and everyone else who I thought needed it. :rofl:

Angelseyes28
07-09-2007, 07:53 AM
Oh and me poking Lasher & Julie and everyone else who I thought needed it. :rofl:

Oh I had completely forgotten about that! Does that smiley still exist?! You were vicious with that stick!

lisahiser
07-09-2007, 07:56 AM
Wasn't it MrsDiana that start the B*tch club or something like that??? We had all kinds of clubs going on too......
I recall me not liking MrsDiana for quite awhile too, but eventually things worked themselves out.... I am going to have to search for those threads now- lol

Angelseyes28
07-09-2007, 07:59 AM
Speaking of all the clubs, remember *stalking*? LOL

lisahiser
07-09-2007, 08:00 AM
Speaking of all the clubs, remember *stalking*? LOL

LOL yes! That was sooo much fun!

DBackFan
07-09-2007, 08:00 AM
Well one of them would have to be.........ROOT :itsme: LOL

Angelseyes28
07-09-2007, 08:03 AM

OMG I cannot believe I forgot that one!!!!!! :rolling

lisahiser
07-09-2007, 08:07 AM

OMG I cannot believe I forgot that one!!!!!! :rolling

OMG How could we forget the RooT!!!!!!

omg and do you remember the posting where everyone was trying to figure out what the heck we were all talking about? ---

Ahhhhhh Good Times! :dancing:

Angelseyes28
07-09-2007, 08:11 AM
omg and do you remember the posting where everyone was trying to figure out what the heck we were all talking about? ---

Ahhhhhh Good Times! :dancing:

Ummmm I think I was one of the people trying to figure it out...I was one of the last know what the crap it was:o

lisahiser
07-09-2007, 08:24 AM
Ummmm I think I was one of the people trying to figure it out...I was one of the last know what the crap it was:o

I actually think, (there I go thinking again) now correct me if I am wrong, that Root was started in the chat room...........

Cuz I think you were the one who let me know what it was, like it wasn't obvious...... but...... lol :innocent

suprtruckr
07-09-2007, 08:37 AM
one of you perverted WOMEN metioned it in a thread and then it was taken into chat to be explained then it became a snowball rolling downhill

there were a few nights in chat when alex was in there 5 at a time :rolling

lisahiser
07-09-2007, 08:49 AM

one of you perverted WOMEN metioned it in a thread and then it was taken into chat to be explained then it became a snowball rolling downhill

there were a few nights in chat when alex was in there 5 at a time :rolling

We are not perverted WOMEN. LMAO
Who started "root" ?
Does anyone recall???

evrita
07-09-2007, 09:53 AM
Anyone remember the person who wrote the stories and made us all a part of them that was fun to read..

Angelseyes28
07-09-2007, 10:01 AM
Anyone remember the person who wrote the stories and made us all a part of them that was fun to read..

Oh I remember those threads, but for the life of me I can't remember who wrote them!!!!

LOL truckr don't act all innocent, you know you were involved in those root chats too!:rolling

tsquared
07-09-2007, 10:22 AM
What i cant believe no one has thought of Zodemere yet.............

Pepsi4me
07-09-2007, 10:24 AM
One word:

ROOT

:rolling

Tasha405
07-09-2007, 10:25 AM

He was so hot he burnt right through my memory. :rofl:

Kelsey1224
07-09-2007, 10:27 AM

That was the first thing I thought of...but I don't miss it. I just remember it very well!

Kelsey1224
07-09-2007, 10:29 AM

Definitely not missed!

dcut4
07-09-2007, 10:50 AM
One word:

ROOT

And if you couldn't find root all you had to do was call BOB......please someone remember this besides me:eek:

tsquared
07-09-2007, 11:01 AM
He was so hot he burnt right through my memory. :rofl:

i bet you have a doll too..............they are only $9.99 on ebay.........

ahippiechic
07-09-2007, 11:08 AM
mmmm let's see. Frank (RIP), a dead person logged in and surfing the freebies. ROOT, BOB, The 'bears' story thread, Poking Tasha, Lasher and Julie, the chat room, the bitch clique, the Broomies, Alex actually posting with us on here.

nanajoanie
07-09-2007, 11:17 AM

He was my 2nd thought. I miss Crick in my cage and Katt tossing him her black leather thong. And I miss the big freebies we used to get like the $200 GC at Sephora, the $200 box of Natrol products, the Betty Crocker cookbook, the full sized wok, the ton of T-shirts & hats to give as gifts, etc.

Pepsi4me
07-09-2007, 11:30 AM
Anyone remember the Free Cybikos we all earned about 6 yrs ago?

Those small electronic things you could email with & talk to others who had one.

That was a great freebie.

DBackFan
07-09-2007, 11:32 AM

Those small electronic things you could email with & talk to others who had one.

YES I had a couple of the cybiko's and I also know who did all the stories...it was ARMORBABE!! Gosh I really loved her!! Where are ya girl?

Pepsi4me
07-09-2007, 11:35 AM
YES I had a couple of the cybiko's and I also know who did all the stories...it was ARMORBABE!! Gosh I really loved her!! Where are ya girl?

I remember her too.

DBackFan
07-09-2007, 11:36 AM
Oh gosh after I remebered armorbabe I remebered PPL! peace pipe luvr wasn't it? She ate kitties for dinner (with mashed potatos and gravy)!!! ROFL!!!

ahippiechic
07-09-2007, 11:37 AM

Yeah, I remember those too!

myashley89
07-09-2007, 11:37 AM
I think I actually remember some of that stuff, I was a member but hardly ever posted, very briefly during that time, then went several years without a computer, I can't even remember what my name was then lol I remember there was a chat room and I think I got that natrol products box

Pepsi4me
07-09-2007, 11:48 AM
Oh gosh after I remebered armorbabe I remebered PPL! peace pipe luvr wasn't it? She ate kitties for dinner (with mashed potatos and gravy)!!! ROFL!!!

Yes I remember her also.

myashley89
07-09-2007, 12:10 PM
OMG, I finally remembered what my name was back then (may1189ars) The only reason it finally came to mind was its my dd ashleys bd May 11 of 1989 and ars are her innitials , and so I searched for it in the members list and this was in my siggy line!!!

Officially MayBear!!!! YIPPPPEEEE I'm a bear and so happy to be a part of the bear familly!! Thanks Kelly!!

LOL didn't someone mention bears???

ahippiechic
07-09-2007, 12:16 PM
I was a "bear" too!

I miss a lot of posters who no longer post much (here, anyway) or are banned. Widget, Kelbend, ckerr, Xica, odessy, Julie, Cab, eeigh, nooshu etc.....

suprtruckr
07-09-2007, 01:40 PM
HORSE and ms cleo :rolling

Pepsi4me
07-09-2007, 01:42 PM

Tasha405
07-09-2007, 01:43 PM
Oh I had completely forgotten about that! Does that smiley still exist?! You were vicious with that stick!

You mean this one?...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v45/kitten06/Smilies/poke.gif

Poke, poke, poke. hehehe

ahippiechic
07-09-2007, 03:06 PM

I'd forgotten about those! How could I???

DestinysGrandma
07-09-2007, 03:07 PM
The great freebies we got were the best. At that time there were some of people who were very rude to other members so that isn't a good memory. mrsdiana was something else here's hoping she mellowed with age.....wasn't she banned? I didn't go to the chat room much....when i finally did....guess what? i didn't fit in.....lol...actually i didn't know what ppl were talking about when they said things like brb...thats all i can remember i still don't chat....can never think what to say.....lol....except for the freebies i like the tone of the forums better now.;)

janelle
07-09-2007, 03:41 PM
What happened to AZlittlehawk? We didn't agree but she was fun. I liked having snowball fights with her and her beating me up. LOL

Lasher
07-09-2007, 03:48 PM
meeting my julie in the chat room behind the couch :dancing:
oh and everyone going to play that game with the drawing, it was like win lose or draw but so much worse, lol
http://www.isketch.net/
lasher smacks everyone with a soggy wet teddy bear

andreame70
07-09-2007, 04:24 PM
I also miss the Sephora and eLuxury gift certificates. There was a thread once where eLuxury had a coupon code for I think it was $25 off with no minimum and you could place as many orders as you wanted. I must have used that think a hundred times or more. I got all kinds of things like neat spice racks with the spices included, salad bowls with utensils and thermal insulated pitchers. They were all free because the coupon code would cover the cost of the item and the shipping. That was an awesome Christmas, I gave pretty much all of them to friends and family members. Those were the days!

Andrea

ahippiechic
07-09-2007, 04:33 PM
I also miss the Sephora and eLuxury gift certificates. There was a thread once where eLuxury had a coupon code for I think it was $25 off with no minimum and you could place as many orders as you wanted. I must have used that think a hundred times or more. I got all kinds of things like neat spice racks with the spices included, salad bowls with utensils and thermal insulated pitchers. They were all free because the coupon code would cover the cost of the item and the shipping. That was an awesome Christmas, I gave pretty much all of them to friends and family members. Those were the days!

Andrea

OMG, I remember that! I got SO much stuff with that code!

Faithfully
07-09-2007, 04:54 PM
Chat was great back when.
When there really such things as a freebie.
Stalking people was fun also.

Kyla Kym
07-09-2007, 05:06 PM
One thing I miss is the good auctions that use to be run on here. I got some great stuff that way. I especially remember Dbacks & Okiechicks auctions. I'm still wearing some of that stuff. LOL :D

I also remember the stalking thing, it made you feel good to see you was in someone's stalking list. :)

Angelseyes28
07-09-2007, 05:19 PM
You mean this one?...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v45/kitten06/Smilies/poke.gif

Poke, poke, poke. hehehe

Oh dear Lord, someone's gonna have to take that thing away from you!

Angelseyes28
07-09-2007, 05:20 PM

Ok I remember the ms cleo but someone's gonna have to remind me about horse.

OOH what about those amazon codes that were on the fruit cups, I think they were delmonte or something like that. Man I used a TON of those at Christmas time that year lol.

suprtruckr
07-09-2007, 05:21 PM
horse was mostly in chat but migrated out here once in awhile

Angelseyes28
07-09-2007, 05:24 PM
For the life of me, I don't remember horse. Jeez I'm getting senile!:cry

Willow
07-09-2007, 05:26 PM
I will have to put on my tin foil hat and see if I can come up with anything.

YankeeMary
07-09-2007, 05:34 PM
I will have to put on my tin foil hat and see if I can come up with anything.

I remember that and still haven't gotten mine.

Lasher
07-10-2007, 06:52 AM
I remember that and still haven't gotten mine.

here ya go http://forums.torrentspy.com/images/smilies/tinfoil.gif

Tasha405
07-10-2007, 06:53 AM
here ya go http://forums.torrentspy.com/images/smilies/tinfoil.gif

:rofl:

MsLynn
07-10-2007, 07:52 AM
i remember us all making a date/time to be online to break the "most members online" number, lol

Lasher
07-10-2007, 08:01 AM
:rofl:

And then there was the time, Tasha got a little wild and lit the couch on fire http://th106.photobucket.com/albums/m252/RiverIsMyGoddess/icons/th_smiley_couchfire.gif

suprtruckr
07-10-2007, 08:07 AM
And then there was the time, Tasha got a little wild and lit the couch on fire http://th106.photobucket.com/albums/m252/RiverIsMyGoddess/icons/th_smiley_couchfire.gif

i thought that was an everyday occurance with her :rolling

Tasha405
07-10-2007, 08:09 AM
That's because I spill my morning moonshine and then try to light a cig and when I drop the match... POOF!! Happens all the time. :dontknow: :rofl:

freeby4me
07-10-2007, 08:16 AM
That's because I spill my morning moonshine and then try to light a cig and when I drop the match... POOF!! Happens all the time. :dontknow: :rofl:

A nice shot to start the day. LOL

Lasher
07-10-2007, 08:23 AM
http://th106.photobucket.com/albums/m252/RiverIsMyGoddess/icons/th_smiley_shots.gif

freeby4me
07-10-2007, 08:24 AM
http://th106.photobucket.com/albums/m252/RiverIsMyGoddess/icons/th_smiley_shots.gif

where do you keep finding these LOL

Lasher
07-10-2007, 08:28 AM
where do you keep finding these LOL

I have an enormous smiley bank, back in da day, we used to have smiley wars.

andreame70
07-10-2007, 08:34 AM
Anyone remember when Amazon did the referral thing where you logged into Amazon and referred someone just by giving their email address? They would send the person you referred a $5 promo code and then send you one back for referring them?

A bunch of us made up hundreds of email addresses, referred them all and we ended up getting all of the promo codes? LOL! Amazon caught on after a while and stopped it, but man I can remember scavenging through the clearance stuff for items that were rock bottom priced at $5 or less with free shipping. I ended up with tons of stuff from batteries to Barbie's, remote controlled cars and on and on...

At one point, the UPS driver came to the house and my husband happened to be at home. He told my husband that he had no idea what kind of work he did, but that his wallet must really take a beating from all the shopping I did! I guess I should have been offended, but I actually thought it was funny considering that it wasn't costing me anything.

Andrea

freeby4me
07-10-2007, 08:45 AM
I woulda taken it as a compliment Andrea!! You shoulda told him that its not costing you anything!!

lgc5564
07-10-2007, 09:23 AM
WOW flash back lol
I loved the Amazon codes.And I had so many mouse pads that my hubby told me no more. I didn't listen.
I don't get to post much anymore. But I love this place. LOL

suprtruckr
07-10-2007, 09:24 AM
ooooohhhh i remember one

CHEESE :rolling

Lasher
07-10-2007, 09:27 AM
:sob I miss Traci too

Willow
07-10-2007, 09:54 AM
I was trying to remember some of the older members who don't post here for one reason or another and I came up with a few that you guys will probably remember...

Princess4J, Zitra (commonly known for her bad spelling), schsa, Ravenlost (had lots of problems with her new house being built), Pantysnatcher ( we email each other once in a while), Eric (the weather guy), machande kennels (dr. hottie saga and what's for dinner threads). I know there are more but it's too hot to think right now. LOL

DBackFan
07-10-2007, 09:55 AM
I was trying to remember some of the older members who don't post here for one reason or another and I came up with a few that you guys will probably remember...

Princess4J, Zitra (commonly known for her bad spelling), schsa, Ravenlost (had lots of problems with her new house being built), Pantysnatcher ( we email each other once in a while), Eric (the weather guy), machande kennels (dr. hottie saga and what's for dinner threads). I know there are more but it's too hot to think right now. LOL

I see several of those people at another board. Some of them are banned here..lol

Willow
07-10-2007, 10:02 AM
I see several of those people at another board. Some of them are banned here..lol

I knew Zitra and Panty snatcher were banned but I wasn't sure about the others. LOL

freeby4me
07-10-2007, 10:10 AM
I remember RavenLost, I couldnt remember her name thats why I didnt bring her up. I miss her!! We all had so much fun before. When I was offline for that year and a half ALOT happened! I came back and it was so different!

Katt
07-10-2007, 10:33 AM
I knew Zitra and Panty snatcher were banned but I wasn't sure about the others. LOL

I actually offered Panty his account back, last year maybe? He declined because of a feud him and Mom2jal have going..or something like that. I always liked him.

Willow
07-10-2007, 10:41 AM
Oh I just remembered someone who I always liked. Chort1313. Whatever happened to her? Another one I remember is Solai the worm face. LOL Then there was Thamlet. Was she a mod? I also remember Mr. Annoying and the fugative.

Angelseyes28
07-10-2007, 10:43 AM
Hey whatever happened to melzy....I think that was her name? Does anyone have any idea who I'm talking about? lol

Katt
07-10-2007, 10:46 AM
Oh I just remembered someone who I always liked. Chort1313. Whatever happened to her? Another one I remember is Solai the worm face. LOL Then there was Thamlet. Was she a mod? I also remember Mr. Annoying and the fugative.

Chort had a thing for baked potatoes lol. Solai, is still a member, posted a couple weeks ago I though. I miss Mr. Annoying.

Willow
07-10-2007, 10:46 AM
I actually offered Panty his account back, last year maybe? He declined because of a feud him and Mom2jal have going..or something like that. I always liked him.

He sent me (as well as others I think) a box of Krispy Kreme donuts because at the time they didn't sell them around here and I had never tried one. It was in the middle of summer and some of them were in pretty bad shape when they arrived. LOL

DBackFan
07-10-2007, 10:48 AM

I know ravenlost was (and she is a sweetie) and I am pretty sure P4J was too

ahippiechic
07-10-2007, 10:49 AM

I miss Tham too. I talk to her on Yahoo sometimes, but not very often lately.

DBackFan
07-10-2007, 10:49 AM

THamlet was a mod here named Tracy. I loved trading with her. Last I heard she opened a thrift store maybe? I know she asked us all for help in naming it. Fugative is around as well on another board although not much.

juliegirl78
07-14-2007, 03:06 PM
:star: Here I am... Here I am... :star:

Back by popular demand--haha. Lasher linked me to this, so I had to make an appearance. Had about forgotten my password...

{{{{Big hugs}}}} to Tasha! I have been a MySpace slacker lately, but I've missed you! *Smooch* I hope your family is doing well!

Okay, show's over. You may now return to your regularly scheduled posting. :D

Tasha405
07-14-2007, 03:32 PM

Back by popular demand--haha. Lasher linked me to this, so I had to make an appearance. Had about forgotten my password...

{{{{Big hugs}}}} to Tasha! I have been a MySpace slacker lately, but I've missed you! *Smooch* I hope your family is doing well!

Julie!!!!!!!!! It's so good to see you back on here!! :dancing: I've missed you too girl! Hope all is going well for you! :hug *smooches*

ETA: Thank you Lasher for linking her back here. You big sweetheart! :hug

Unicornmom77
07-14-2007, 03:44 PM
Wow all the memories....

I miss the actual freebies, the ones that accually saved you money and were worth more than a few cents.

I remember a bunch of those ppl!

ahippiechic
07-14-2007, 05:03 PM

So good to see you! :dancing:

freeby4me
07-14-2007, 05:13 PM

Wow its really been a long time! This was when your last post was...09-25-2004, 08:22 PM glad you came back to us!!

okie
07-14-2007, 06:44 PM
I miss our nightly chat nights. Is there anyway we can get our chat room back?

Lasher
07-14-2007, 07:26 PM

http://i.slickdeals.net/images/smilies2/blowkiss.gif

Tasha405
07-14-2007, 09:55 PM
http://i.slickdeals.net/images/smilies2/blowkiss.gif

Aww, you always find the best smilies. I have to say that I am a bit jealous though because Julie gets love from you and I don't. :( I may just cry myself to sleep tonight. :cry

:laugh:

Bubblescc
07-14-2007, 10:39 PM

yes and whats worse I still have mine,lol.....not used in years though..

ROOT was hilarious!

I too miss the sephora gift certificates, wow those were awesome!

I miss some of the old members too.....

Lasher
07-15-2007, 06:06 AM
Aww, you always find the best smilies. I have to say that I am a bit jealous though because Julie gets love from you and I don't. :( I may just cry myself to sleep tonight. :cry

:laugh:

http://totalmotorcycle.com/BBS/images/smiles/lips_smilie.gif

Tasha405
07-15-2007, 07:08 AM
http://totalmotorcycle.com/BBS/images/smiles/lips_smilie.gif

:kiss

IthinkNOT!
07-15-2007, 07:27 AM
wasn't it here a couple of years ago, there was a guy who wanted everyone to donate feminine products for the female soldiers over seas? Something about a tampon angel?

kt
03-11-2011, 08:45 AM
I got the Cybikos it was a cool thought too bad it did not take off like they thought it would, great freebie though!

kt
03-11-2011, 08:51 AM
I remember Melzy we chatted some because her and my wife had kids about the same time. By the way, "Hi!" I am not as regular as I was back in the old days, not even sure if anyone would remember me but I was in a bunch of the off topic chat back then.

Eyore
03-11-2011, 09:16 AM
This is from 4 years ago, how do people find these old posts.

baragabrat
03-11-2011, 02:18 PM
This is from 4 years ago, how do people find these old posts.

Maybe too much extra time? LOL!