PDA

View Full Version : Study about obesity issues ages 10-17 $100 amazon gc

tsquared
07-06-2007, 04:37 PM
This is Pamela Huggins of Hagen/Sinclair Research Recruiting with a paid online study for articulate teens and pre-teens age 10 to 17.

We are conducting a national research study to get pre-teens' and teens' perspectives on the obesity issue and whether or not it's affecting the lifestyle and interests of these kids. We are seeking many participants -- so please feel free to share this invitation with friends, relatives and co-workers. Thank you!!

We invite your child to contribute to a seven-day online blogging study beginning Monday, July 16 and completing Sunday, July 22. The study will require between 15 - 45 minutes per day completing a variety of activities in the home and on the computer.

At no time will your child’s identity be disclosed, as all input will be housed on a secure site being maintained solely for the purposes of the study.

Study participants will receive a $100 Amazon gift card to thank them for their contribution.

If your child would be interested to take part, please respond with your answers to all the questions below. If this information indicates a good fit for the study, I will be in touch soon to discuss participation with both you and your child, and hopefully sign him or her up to participate!

QUESTIONS
1. What is your name?
2. What is your child’s name?
3. What is your child’s age?
4. What is your city and zip code?
5. What is your email address?
6. Which of these statements best describes your child? [delete those that do not apply]
a. He/she loves being active and participates in sports or sports-like activities on a regular basis
b. He/she is not into sports, but enjoys doing things on his/her own like running, cycling, or taking dance on a regular basis
c. He/she is not that active, but will participate in a sport or sport-like activity when asked
d. He/she much prefers indoor activities like reading, playing computer games, or watching TV to being physically active
7. To ensure that we include a variety of children in the study,

What is your child’s height?
What is your child's weight?

8. Does your child have regular, easy access to the Internet?
9. Does he/she have access to a digital camera or camera phone?
10. On a scale of 1 to 10 (with 10 being “expert”), how would you rate your child’s proficiency with the Internet?

IMPORTANT
What are your day and evening telephone numbers?
When is the best time for me to reach you and your child?
How late in the evening may I call?

Thank you so much for your time and interest. I look forward to speaking with you soon!

Best wishes,

Pamela Huggins, Project Manager
HAGEN / SINCLAIR RESEARCH RECRUITING INC., CHICO
hugginsp@hagensinclair.com
www.hagensinclair.com