PDA

View Full Version : Please pray for my neighbor-They were like family & his wife just passed away.

Pepsi4me
06-28-2007, 11:51 AM
My 85 yr old neighbor has stage 3 prostate cancer. They are like family & live right across from us & we have been doing things for them...grocery shopping,taking him to appts,mowing lawn,just checking up on them. We are very close to them & have been for the 5 yrs we have lived here.
This morning his wife passed away in her bed for no apparant reason. She just had her Birthday this past Monday & turned 85. Other than osteoporosis she was very healthy.
I'am so upset. They are just like parents/grandparents to me as I have neither living anymore.
This poor man is going through chemo for his cancer & he loses his wife who he has been married to for 61 years.
We were just over there right after they took her away in the ambulance & it broke my heart. I dont know how he's going to deal with this.
She went to lie down then, about 10 mins later he went to check on her & he said she was just lying there with her eyes open in a pool of sweat.

We stayed with him until some family members came. I feel so awful for him & I felt so awkward being there when his family came. Were only the neighbors but,they also always told us they thought the world of us.

Please pray that he will be ok.

Thank you,
Cathy

freeby4me
06-28-2007, 12:26 PM
(((HUGS))) Im glad you were there to help him.

pepperpot
06-28-2007, 12:31 PM
Pepsi, you we wonderful friends to them, not 'just' neighbors. I feel for your loss and her husband's. I'm sure he'll still need a good friend like you. ((hugs))

nanajoanie
06-28-2007, 01:43 PM
Praying for courage to get thru this very sad ordeal. Praying the the elder man is OK and survives this. You've been a good and loyal friend to both of them and now there will only be one. Sending you lots of huggles, huggles, huggles.

Pepsi4me
06-28-2007, 02:43 PM
Thank you all.

He's just a very sad & broken man right now. I just brought him his mail & checked on him. The good thing is he has lots of family & friends with him right now.

They were married 61 yrs. I cant even imagine trying to go on without the one you love after 61 yrs together. They were so sweet together.

Im just glad she did'nt suffer & it looks like she went quickly.

I had just brought them over a new garden angel for there front yard on Sunday. It was weird because their old one had broken & I did'nt know it. I just bought it because they have a beautiful yard & I thought it would look nice. They were tickled pink about it.

MamaFairal
06-28-2007, 06:49 PM
sending prayers((hugs))

PrincessArky
06-28-2007, 06:53 PM
sending thoughts and prayers your way.

I knew a couple that had been married for about 70 yrs when the wife passed away, sadly he wasn't far behind......I think he just wanted to be with her so badly

evrita
06-28-2007, 06:56 PM
sending thoughts and prayers your way.

I knew a couple that had been married for about 70 yrs when the wife passed away, sadly he wasn't far behind......I think he just wanted to be with her so badly

Thats probally what is going to happen it is a all too common thing with couples like that and with the men who have the women who pass before them. We see it all the time sometimes weeks apart. Prayers sent out for him.

YankeeMary
06-28-2007, 07:13 PM
Hugs and Prayers your way and his.

Pepsi4me
06-28-2007, 07:27 PM
Thank you.

He was going to be all alone tonight so we went over with our daughters to visit & my hubby is going to spend the night over there to keep him company.
He doesn't want to be alone tonight. We also brought over our dvd player & movies to try to occupy him.
Every meal we make we are going to make some for him & bring it over.

PrincessArky
06-29-2007, 07:40 AM
my mom just called me to let me know that a friend my dad grew up with passed away last night :( I believe Alfred was about 85 (not exactly sure) I just know his wife is going to be a mess. They have been married I believe 62 yrs. Thankfully they have alot of children and grandchildren so hopefully that will be good for Doris. I guess I will get over there this afternoon sometime when I can get someone to watch the little ones for a bit.

Pepsi4me its a wonderful thing you are doing for your neighbor.....everyone should have neighbors like that :)

Pepsi4me
06-29-2007, 10:24 AM
We just feel like there's nothing we can say or do. But he says us just being there makes it a little easier.

My hubby stayed up with him all night last night. He couldn't sleep & him & my hubby just talked all night & watched a movie.

I brought him over a fruit basket today & told him to get a little sleep.

Thanks everyone.

suprtruckr
06-29-2007, 10:47 AM
it's only my opinion but i believe in angels and i do believe you are earning your halo

Pepsi4me
06-29-2007, 12:39 PM
it's only my opinion but i believe in angels and i do believe you are earning your halo

You are very sweet.

My hubby is the angel for staying with our neighbor last night & just sitting there & talking/keeping him company.

We planned over a month ago to visit family IN VT this weekend through the fourth of July. We were to leave Early Sunday but, we are going to stick around for the viewing which is from 4-8pm. We told him we couldn't make the actual funeral on Monday afternoon but he understands.

He has a family friend & sister-in-law with him now. Hubby is making spagetti & meatballs & we are bringing them all some so they don't have to make dinner tonight.

Thank you all!