PDA

View Full Version : Harry Potter Book

Qtxann315
06-27-2007, 02:29 PM
Who pre-order this book and is waiting for it? I am actually a big big fan of Harry Potter and I can't wait to get the book. My husband surprised me and said I order your Harry Potter book and it will come UPS on saturday ( the day it is suppose to release). :dancing: I love him so much. I can't wait to see th movie also.

Kelsey1224
06-27-2007, 02:33 PM
I haven't pre-ordered as I will just pick it up at the store. But...I agree with you. I can't wait for the book or to see the next movie.

freeby4me
06-27-2007, 02:53 PM
Im actually the odd man (woman) out here as I cannot stand the thought of reading the next book. Im too chicken to do it. LOL Im more looking forward to hearing about what happens from people who read it, then I'll know what to look for while im reading it. I cant buy it until paperback time anyhoo.....

dv8grl
06-27-2007, 03:14 PM
I'm stoked about getting it (Pre-Order from Amazon), but sad that this will be the last.

Plus, I'm fricken dying to know what REALLY happened to Dumbledore & Snape.

dcut4
06-27-2007, 03:28 PM
I pre-ordered from Amazon and cannot wait!!!

cubsgirl21
06-27-2007, 05:29 PM
I preordered it from barnes and noble. I'll be there at midnight to pick it up and start reading it as soon as I get home! I am so excited about the new book, but sad at the same time.

Qtxann315
06-27-2007, 05:36 PM
You know I really wish JK Rowling wouldn't stop writing this book, I love it and always look forward to the next one. After this one I'm afraid I will have to look for another series. What do you think will happen to Harry Potter in the book?

freeby4me
06-27-2007, 07:07 PM
You know I really wish JK Rowling wouldn't stop writing this book, I love it and always look forward to the next one. After this one I'm afraid I will have to look for another series. What do you think will happen to Harry Potter in the book?

Have you read the Dark Tower series....7 books in that one, all completed LOL (By Stephen King)

I think Harry will be meeting his demise sadly.

stresseater
06-27-2007, 07:23 PM
I'm a traditionalist... I'll be at walmart at midnight the day it goes on sale . LOL I love a good series(have read the Dark Tower too). :star:

rlynn411
06-28-2007, 07:42 AM
Here's a preview of the first several paragraphs of chapter 1. Don't look if you don't want to know.

Chapter One
Secrets Unraveled
Harry slowly raised his head and stared morosely at the familiar visage
of number four, Privet Drive. What had already been a horrible day was
rapidly getting worse. Not only did he have to appear unannounced on
the Dursleys’ doorstep (something he knew they’d have no problem
expressing their displeasure over), but he’d also have to tell them
that two other freaks would be joining him this afternoon. The corner
of Harry’s mouth twitched humorlessly as he envisioned how they’d take
the news.
He’d left Ron and Hermione at King’s Cross station a little over an
hour ago. They were each going to make quick stops at their respective
homes before Apparating to Privet Drive. Harry smiled fondly,
remembering their show of solidarity. He hadn’t been expecting it; he’d
thought he’d be going on alone. Although he was desperately worried
about them and the remainder of their quest, he had to admit that the
thought of some support while facing his relatives was quite nice
indeed.
Harry had thought it would be better – or at least less embarrassing –
if he arrived at Privet Drive first and prepared his relatives for
their arrival. He’d wanted to get away from the Hogwarts Express and
the other students as quickly as possible…before he ran into Ginny.
Ginny.
Harry quickly shook his head – he couldn’t afford to think about Ginny.
He still didn’t think his resolve was strong enough to hold.

LI Mama
06-28-2007, 08:02 AM
I pre ordered from Amazon, and can't wait to get it!

Willow
06-28-2007, 08:13 AM
I don't read the books but I watch the movies. Does anyone else think that Harry looked better when he had longer hair? I know they want to go for a more grown up look but for some reason that haircut makes him look younger. At least to me it does. LOL

TMT
06-28-2007, 08:55 AM
I've already stuck out my neck elsewhere, so why not here?

Keep your eye on Remus Lupin as best you can.

And that's all I'm saying...

freeby4me
06-28-2007, 12:29 PM
I've already stuck out my neck elsewhere, so why not here?

Keep your eye on Remus Lupin as best you can.

And that's all I'm saying...

U know somethin we dont....?? LOL Ok thanx for the tip!

DestinysGrandma
06-28-2007, 12:56 PM
preordered for granddaughter and she can't wait. She's 12 and has the hugest crush on Danial Radcliffe/harry potter.

Qtxann315
06-28-2007, 04:46 PM
I have a big crush on him and im 23. Lol, i live him only because he's harry Potter. I don't have the infatuation that many kids do, but I do like him a lot.

justme23
06-28-2007, 05:59 PM
I preordered. I have all of them but haven't read any of them yet, I'm waiting for the movies to be done. I'm weird, most ppl read books, then watch movies and it ruins it for them... I prefer to watch the movies then read the books, it makes it better that way... to me anyways. So, it will go in the collection and sit there for a while.

kyswpgrl
07-08-2007, 06:08 PM
I didn't preorder just because I'm too cheap. We'll go to Walmart, probably Saturday afternoon, when it's the cheapest. I got the last one for like $14.88 or somewhere around in there. Dh and I have read/own all the books and own all the movies as well. I can't wait to get the last one, but really sad to see it go too. :(

kimp67
07-21-2007, 05:29 AM
Did anyone that preordered from Amazon get their book yet???? Didn't they have a guarentee that if it wasn't delivered today it would be free???? I can't find the email & it hasn't come yet!!!!!!

volkswagon7
07-21-2007, 05:44 AM
I preordered from Amazon but it won't get here until my mail is delivered. Amazon used UPS to get the books to the town you live in, then delivered to the post office. The post office will deliver the books today with your mail.

kimp67
07-21-2007, 09:35 AM
oh volkswagon I hope you're right!!!! That did remind me that the last one I preordered did come from my mailman.........ugh, now I can't wait for the mail today!!!!!!!!!! My kid is gonna be soooooo surprised!!!!

dcut4
07-21-2007, 10:18 AM
I preordered from Amazon and my book came in todays mail:wings :wings :wings

going to have to wait until tonight to tear into it as we have a big family day planned. Can't wait!!!

kimp67
07-21-2007, 10:42 AM
Got it as well!!! WHOOO HOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

BeanieLuvR
07-21-2007, 12:00 PM
My husband stopped on his way home from work last night and bought it for my DD at KMart. She can't wait to read it and she is 20. :) She is at work now but I know she will pick it up and start reading as soon as she gets home.

Pepsi4me
07-21-2007, 12:15 PM
I went & bought it for my 12 yr old daughter who's a big fan. Well actually she chipped in part of the money & I did the rest.....LOL! She's reading the last chapter which is titled "19 yrs later" right now.....LOL! She just yelled OMG!

dv8grl
07-21-2007, 03:46 PM
Got mine today! Yeah.. AMAZON!

I'm hesitant to start it....makes me sad thinking about it.

Jolie Rouge
07-21-2007, 06:07 PM
We went to the "Potter Party" last night, in costumes and all. I placed third in the "adults" as Professor Sprout - the Mogonall costume was AMAZING and deserved first place without a doubt. Two of my three kids also placed in the kids costumes. We had fun, played games, visited with people I ran into that I haven't seen in years ... and at the stroke of midnight as they started to line up to wait in lines to purchase the book ... we waltzed over to Walmarts and bought it for $5 LESS - and still got freebies ! Posters, bookmarks, rubberband braceltes with the house names embossed on them. Had a Scout day today ... so I am only up to page 288 ...

I confess ... I read the last chapter before I went to bed, otherwise I wouldn't have been able to sleep. :shhh:

DestinysGrandma
07-21-2007, 06:41 PM
we got ours today too.:)

Jolie Rouge
07-21-2007, 09:51 PM
going to bed on page 414 ... :nite:

kmtsn
07-21-2007, 10:05 PM
Went to Barnes and Noble got it today for kids

Jolie Rouge
07-22-2007, 05:17 PM
finished at 2:00 pm today - It is AWESOME !! Rowlings did a great job of tying it all together ....

dcut4
07-24-2007, 08:03 AM
I finished last night. It was so sad reading those last few pages and knowing that this was the last one