PDA

View Full Version : please pray for my son and family

DestinysGrandma
06-20-2007, 12:31 AM
My son and family are trying to buy a house as he has to be out of the house he is in at the end of the month. The real estate agents in their town are fighting him tooth and nail. They say that the house has been reappraised and is worth more than they are asking so he checked with the county and it hasn't been. Then they said that there were back taxes so he checked again and there wasn't. Finally the loan officer called the real estate agent and told them they could not do what they are doing and they finally let him put in an offer. He doesn't know if she really put in the offer cause they said she would read them to the owners over the phone when he feels she should have faxed them. They have until tomorrow at close of business to let her know then she will call him that is if she can get in touch with the owners. Please pray that she put in the offer and they will accept it. Thank you.

Bubblescc
06-20-2007, 12:54 AM
will keep you all in my ;prayers

DestinysGrandma
06-21-2007, 02:01 AM
Thanks for the prayers. Here's an update: The agent called today and said they did not accept his offer but came back with a counter offer. So now he has to make another offer or accept the counter offer. well they are selling this place as is which means major repairs and they are trying to sell it for $200,000.00 MORE than it is appraised for which is totally unfair. His agent keeps saying she knows the gal that is handling the sale for the other party. He checked the county and she has 316 acres across the street from this place and he/we think she is trying to buy it herself. It has been on the market for 2 years and has not had 1 offer so you would think they would take the offer.

A little more about the housing here. in this county rentals are only 4% of housing with rents usually 750 and up which is why he needs to buy a house. If he doesn't his family will be homeless. We live in a very small house with 1 bedroom and also rent, our landlord said if anyone else moves into our house they will raise the rent. We already pay 750 a month and with the space problem we are in a quandary. The kids have been moved around to different schools in the last 3 years and they need a stable environment. He is trying to keep a positive attitude.

I wanted to add that the reason they moved so much in the last 3 years is they were homeless. He has only been living in the place he is in for about 8 months.

YankeeMary
06-21-2007, 09:59 AM
WOW...he and you have my prayers. With God all things are possible. HUGS!!!

iowakat
06-21-2007, 01:02 PM
I've never bought a house (inherited mine) but can your son go to the courthouse and get the info on the owner and contact them directly? (Not sure if that is ethical or not). He could explain his situation and see if they would change their mind about accepting is offer.

DestinysGrandma
06-21-2007, 02:36 PM
I've never bought a house (inherited mine) but can your son go to the courthouse and get the info on the owner and contact them directly? (Not sure if that is ethical or not). He could explain his situation and see if they would change their mind about accepting is offer.

I'm not sure if it is ethical either. He did find out who owned it she passed away last year in april. Her husband passed away several years before that. Which is why the house is in need of repairs. It is being sold by her estate and the Realtor didn't put the name of the executor on the papers.

DestinysGrandma
06-24-2007, 11:18 PM
Update: the owner would not take his counter offer and my son is upset but, he did find out the executor is a relative and his name. So i did a search and found out he has a federal tax lien against him and he also went bankrupt. which imo is why he was having so much trouble getting someone to tell him the truth about the place. I think the federal tax lien is on the property my son wanted. Thank you all for the prayers and please keep him in your prayers that he finds a better place for his family and self.