PDA

View Full Version : Would you rather have a job you liked or a job that payed a little more but was boring?

Pepsi4me
06-15-2007, 03:08 PM
I work in a deli & really love the customer interaction. Iam a people person & Im very good at that kind of work.
We will be moving to VT in 2 months. Sis-in-law might be getting a job doing data entry 2nd shift. She said I should apply also when we get up there. I really dont think I would like it & would prefer doing something in customer service.

What would you all do? Do a job you really enjoy or do I job you didnt enjoy for a little more money?

:dontknow:

andreame70
06-15-2007, 03:24 PM
I think it would depend on more than just a little money. I would have to consider whether the hours were better or worse and how they would fit into my schedule also whether or not there were any benefits, etc.

If the hours, and benefits were comparable, then I probably would not go after a job I knew was going to be boring to me. They pay would have to much better to make up for the loss of my job satisfaction.

Andrea

skyrider
06-15-2007, 03:29 PM
good question for me right now... I am quitting a job that is boring and pays more to move to the country and work on a farm. It is so worth it to me to have a 100 acres for my dog to play on and be able to walk barefoot, than it is to make a little more money and be stuck in a city i don't like.

dv8grl
06-15-2007, 03:45 PM
i would take the job I like more over the money. If your not happy @ work, then whats the point. Lifes to short to be miserable....

DBackFan
06-15-2007, 03:54 PM
I want em both :D

batrypk
06-15-2007, 04:24 PM
My job don't pay hardly anything, but I love it. I have never liked working any other place as much as I do this.

Diana777
06-15-2007, 04:32 PM
I have NEVER had a job I like and I have NEVER had a job that paid well or had benefits of any kind so I would have to go with the higher pay! Working 2 jobs you hate just to survive for 20 years with no benefits just isn't worth it. it sucks any happiness out of living and after a while makes you wonder why more poor people don't kill themselves. Well at least I know I am just biding my time until I drop dead.

queenangie
06-15-2007, 04:34 PM
Other important details:
any healthcare benefits,
vacation time,
sick time,
any on-call,
shift rotation,
weekends off,
holidays off,
uniform or clothing allowance,
proximity to my home (travel time and the rising cost of gas),
atmosphere of the job - people friendly, work place clean & fresh.

There are so many things to consider when looking for a new job.

Let us know what you decide!

tsquared
06-15-2007, 04:48 PM
my first thought would be to get a job that has benefits that are mandatory benefits...ie insurance, retirement etc and then spend time looking around for that job that might seem to be or be perfect..........but no job is perfect and all have their quirks..........

myashley89
06-15-2007, 05:38 PM
I guess it would depend on how much I needed the money. I would rather have a job I enjoy, but if its a matter of needing the money, I'd take the higher paying one, boring or not

tommyjo
06-15-2007, 07:09 PM
My job don't pay hardly anything, but I love it. I have never liked working any other place as much as I do this.

what she said!

PJDancer
06-15-2007, 11:11 PM
You should only do what you love doing. If you are happy and joyful in life, everything you need will come to you. Doing a job that you don't enjoy or like will only bring about negative emotions and circumstances. There is never anything good that will come from that.:captain: :groupsmilie

PrincessArky
06-16-2007, 12:59 PM
I want em both :D

lol me too let me know where to apply