PDA

View Full Version : My personal condemnation of the Catholic church.

DtroitPunk
06-07-2007, 08:40 PM
I wont get to into this and I wont respond to ad hominem attacks on this thread. That being said I watched the movie "Deliver us from evil" this evening and was absolutely astounded at the depth of hurt that has been placed on the victims and theyre families. The catholic church wont even hear these people out. This movie PROVES that the Church s an entity has covered up the abuses by priests over and over to protect its financial and political interests. This is a cult, they use the name of Christ but theyre hearts are far from them. Please EVERYONE catholic or not watch this movie so you can see the truth. This film is loaded with real catholics current and former so its not just an anti catholic smear campaign. And one priest featured is absolutely unrepentant and in fact is drawing a pension from the catholic church for not testifying to his knowledge of the cover up. They sure arent offering pensions to the victims and families of priest abuse only to the abusers who play ball. Shameful!! I hope everyone who had a hand in the lying and hiding of the facts burns in hell.

Wispy
06-09-2007, 11:44 PM
This movie PROVES that the Church as an entity has covered up the abuses by priests over and over to protect its financial and political interests. .... And one priest featured is absolutely unrepentant and in fact is drawing a pension from the catholic church for not testifying to his knowledge of the cover up. They sure arent offering pensions to the victims and families of priest abuse only to the abusers who play ball.

My husband and I have seen this film and were quite shocked at the horrors related in it. We thought at first that it would be one sided. But it was an unbiased relating of the facts, from the perspective of devout Catholics as well as those angered by the Church.

It tells the story of a priest Oliver O'Grady and how church superiors covered up his crimes, sending him from one diocese to the next in California where he sexually abused countless kids. One Cardinal tried to deny the cover up and more but anyone can see through his obvious lies.

There are interviews with some of the victims and their parents. Many are still devout Catholics, despite what the Church put them through. In fact, two of them, accompanied by a Priest, actually traveled to the Vatican to meet with the Pope, seeking help in dealing with the crimes but they were not allowed entrance. The church has provided no counseling for any of them. They have been ignored and left to cope on their own.

The synopsis for this movie, provided at Amazon.com's website states, in part, "O'Grady was a dangerously active pedophile that Church hierarchy, aware of his predilection, had harbored for over 30 years, allowing him to abuse countless children. .... filmmaker Amy Berg bravely exposes the deep corruption of the Catholic Church and the troubled mind of the man they sheltered.

Amazon would not be allowed to make this statement if it was not true. They would face huge legal difficulties.

We all know that O'Grady was/is not the only Catholic Priest to found guilty of this. It is not an isolated case. That in itself does not shock me. What does shock me is now high up in the church leadership the coverup went and how insignificant they viewed the matter to be.