PDA

View Full Version : Prayers Please...

A0305
05-21-2007, 05:32 PM
I injured my back last August at work and I have been seeing a ortho doctor. A couple of months ago he released me back to full duties at work but over the past couple of weeks I have been haveing alot of pain in my lower back and left leg. I went to the doc on friday and he wants to try the steroid shots in my back before we discuss surgery (that was his words). I never thought about surgery and now I am so worried. Please pray that the shots help.

Thank You All.

MistyWolf
05-21-2007, 05:43 PM
Sending prayers for you.

Aloha from paradise
05-21-2007, 05:53 PM
Will say an extra prayer for you. Husband had to have steroid shots in the knees before having both his knees replaced. The shots really helped for a while. Hope it all works out for you:)

tljohn123
05-21-2007, 05:57 PM
I just went thru back surgery because nothing my doc tried worked. I had the injections in my back--helped for about 3 weeks then back to the pain. My first doctor was a neurogist who told me that since nothing was sitting on a nerve, then he wasn't going to do surgery and I should just take drugs and deal with it. Real caring huh. In the meantime, I couldn't walk upright--I was hunched over like my grandmother! And that was on a good day. On the bad days, I could hardly walk. I then went to an ortho doctor. He did a test called a CT discogram--what that does is try and recreate the pain that you have, and if it does, then you're a candidate for surgery. The pain was recreated better than he even expected. My guess is, you have the same problem I have, and working is just aggarvating the heck out of it.

Try the steroids--you'll be sore for a few days, week at the most. It may work better for you than it did for me, and I hope that it does. This recovery process is slow and painful. You'll be out of work for a minimum of 8 weeks. If you want/need to talk, please feel free to PM me. Thinking of you...I know what you're going thru--and a several others on this board do also. Good luck hun....

Fred12
05-21-2007, 07:31 PM
Have you tried a chiropractor?

Bubblescc
05-23-2007, 11:48 AM
will be praying for you!

toriamos44
05-23-2007, 07:06 PM
I am praying for you!

NCgranny
05-24-2007, 05:43 PM
You have my Prayers. I also have pain 24/7. and my Dr. says take meds and learn to live with it. Been 10 yrs and still trying to learn to live with it....Bless you!!!!

tracyb
05-27-2007, 09:47 PM
Many prayers for God to move on this pain!!

kimberlya
06-06-2007, 10:02 PM
hope everything goes by safely for you and i hope you find a non narcotic that can kill the pain, good luck to you and your job. hang in there youll pull through.