PDA

View Full Version : What did you get your Mom for Mother's Day?

andreame70
05-12-2007, 03:58 PM
I went into WalMart completely at a loss for what to get my Mom. She has everything, so she is not particularly easy to buy for. I ended up grabbing a clear plastic storage tote thingy with a lid (like one you would store clothing in under your bed) and I filled it up with all kinds of stuff. Just off the top of my head I remember getting:

Calgon bath beads (and bought one for myself too!)
The hair color she uses
Secret deodorant
A new toothbrush
Colgate toothpaste
Mouthwash
Her favorite shampoo
Her favorite conditioner
A bottle of that stuff that helps tame frizzy hair
A new hair brush
Antibacterial handsoap
Dove body wash
A three pack of Caress
A pack of razors
Skintimate shaving cream
Body lotion
Body spray

I know I would be tickled pink to get something like this, what do you guys think? I hope she likes it.

Andrea

earnhardt1
05-12-2007, 04:01 PM
thats awesome

tarbabie
05-12-2007, 04:04 PM
If I was her- I would love it! Had to buy my own present! (I told the hubby along time ago- not to buy me jewelry cause he doesn't have a clue) Yesterday , I bought myself a 1/2 kt. white gold anniversary band! LOVE it!

April
05-12-2007, 05:10 PM
Wish I still had a mom to buy for. :(

batrypk
05-12-2007, 05:24 PM
Wish I still had a mom to buy for. :(

(((((April)))))
Me too.:( :( :(

sheila_361
05-12-2007, 05:34 PM
We bought my soon to be mother-in-law some cd's.... I also wish I had my mom around to buy something for....sigh

Kyla Kym
05-12-2007, 05:55 PM
I know I would be tickled pink to get something like this, what do you guys think? I hope she likes it.

Andrea
I know exactly what my mom would say. She would say something funny like "Exactly what are you trying to tell me Scooter?" :p But then she would tell me how proud she was of all of it. :) I'm sure your mom will love it, sounds like a great gift. :)

I got my mom a new purse, some coins that are from the Bible, a pair of cat earrings, and I'm going to give her $50 to get her hair done. :)

PreciousDarlin
05-12-2007, 08:13 PM
so far, I haven't gotten my mother anything. It doesn't matter what I get her...she tells me to my face how much she likes it, then it sits. My mother loves angels/cherubs, so last year I bought her three prints of angels, thinking maybe she could hang them in her office at work. All three are still sitting in the gift bag in the corner of her office. I bought her a larger print in a nice oak frame about 6 years ago...took her 4 to do anything with it. A few years ago, she went on and on about how she wanted a "Brats birthstone necklace". I spent a couple of months and $80 ordering it and she wore it for about 6 weeks. It's hanging in her bathroom now, collecting dust. I think I give up on the Mother's Day gifts.

Heidi
05-12-2007, 09:11 PM
My mom is a gardner, so I got a really cute porcelain planter and filled it with stuff like garden gloves, foam garden shoes, one of those foam mats you put your knee's on, some tools, seeds, etc.

DIRKSWIFE4
05-12-2007, 09:20 PM
sent Mom roses, and an glass Angel holding 7 hearts with all her grandbabies names on the hearts.

I got a stuffed eeyore :p love him!!!
DVD of because i said so
and my grandbaby got to spent the night tonight!!! By far best present!!!!

Shann
05-12-2007, 11:11 PM
I'm so broke right now w/ being back in school that I told my mom I would get her after I graduated. But I did send out a card and will call her.

nedthenanite
05-13-2007, 09:25 AM
i got my mom a couple of bath & body works soaps, and a movie. i think she'll love the dirty dancing two disc set. i'm also taking her to lunch.:)

mirage7000
05-13-2007, 09:40 AM
My Mom only wants a card. She has everything. Thank God!

Specialk
05-13-2007, 10:34 AM
All I got my mom was a card since DH said we couldnt afford to send her a gift. But he did manage to get his mom a fruit tree that shes been wanting and a card!!!! :(

june72
05-13-2007, 11:22 AM
Like some of the others said wish I still had mom to buy for!:(

ang in NC
05-13-2007, 11:58 AM
tarbabie, lucky dog!

ang in NC
05-13-2007, 12:00 PM
I got my mom, a set of sheets and some mary kay perfume. All was new and I bought them from a yard sale. She thought I had won the lottery. I didn't tell her where I got them from. lol
The husband's mom, we got her a gift card from lowes, she is going to redo her kitchen.

RNB16
05-13-2007, 12:32 PM
I got my Mom a picture frame. There was a place in the mall that as long as you can spell it they can cut it out of a photo mat for you (each letter is a place for a pic). So I got one that says Family on a blue background with an oak frame. Then I went and printed out some pics of the kids to put in it for her. I can't wait to give it to her tomorrow!