PDA

View Full Version : CAUTION - Flashlight from ZoomRewards

nelda
05-12-2007, 02:27 PM
Yesterday UPS delivered the cute little red flashlight by Legend that I had ordered with some Zoom points (2000 pts, I think). The flashlight and batteries were packaged in a clear hard plastic. Fortunately before I opened it I noticed the enclosed batteries had leaked lots of battery acid! I could see that the expiration dates on the 2 batteries was 01-2004! It was shipped to me by Brinkmann Corp in Dallas. I am just glad I happened to see the battery acid inside the package before I opened it!

vieprivee
05-12-2007, 03:18 PM
Yesterday UPS delivered the cute little red flashlight by Legend that I had ordered with some Zoom points (2000 pts, I think). The flashlight and batteries were packaged in a clear hard plastic. Fortunately before I opened it I noticed the enclosed batteries had leaked lots of battery acid! I could see that the expiration dates on the 2 batteries was 01-2004! It was shipped to me by Brinkmann Corp in Dallas. I am just glad I happened to see the battery acid inside the package before I opened it!

THANK YOU FOR POSTING! I DO HOPE you will get in touch with them so you can get a replacement!!

I am very disappointed in Zoom as of late. On April 8th I ordered a bracelet for my mom for 5000 points for Mother's Day, thinking I had more than enough time to get it for May 13th. After three weeks had passed and I got nothing I emailed ZoomPanel. A got a reply 3 or 4 days later saying that there was a delay and I would get it in a week or two. As of today, five weeks to the day since I ordered it, I still have not gotten the bracelet. So OFF I GO to get my mom a gift!

ZoomPanel is NOT doing too well in the prize department, IMHO!

tarbabie
05-12-2007, 03:27 PM
WOW! I have never had a problem like that! They have always been very speedy for me...I ordered a cat bed and had it 4 days later....

tammy77
05-12-2007, 04:29 PM
On April 28th I ordered a Fishing pole for my dh(7500 pt level).It said I would get it in 10-15 business days and got it in less then 10 days.

Kimberly61
05-12-2007, 05:36 PM
I ordered a magazine subscription on Jan. 6th and it said 8-10 weeks...well I am still waiting for it...I emailed and complained and they emailed back and said it usually takes 18 weeks for the magazines!! well now that I think about it, I do believe today would be 18 weeks, and still nothing! I cant believe how long it takes for those.....I have enough points to redeem for something else but makes me not want to right now until I do start getting the magazines I ordered originally.

Really sorry Nelda that you didnt get what you ordered in time for you mom, that really sucks.

nelda
05-12-2007, 10:19 PM
THANK YOU FOR POSTING! I DO HOPE you will get in touch with them so you can get a replacement!!

I emailed Brinkmann Corp and ZoomRewards late Friday. I am also going to call Brinkmann (the manufacturer and shipper) on Monday. I want to make sure they will never do this again! Someone could be seriously injured with leaking battery acid!

gmyers
05-12-2007, 10:41 PM
I ordered the 7500 point digital camera they had last year. It wasn't very good the pictures came out not clear and grainy looking. I got it for my husband for Christmas last year and needless to say I wasn't happy. Thats a lot of points wasted.

down1
05-13-2007, 03:21 AM
I ordered the Coby DVD player, and it seems pretty ok - for a $39 DVD player!

Delivery was really fast for me too.

Oh and I just did a survey for them on dips. they sent 2 dips - Artichoke and a Tomato Basil. Neither of the dips were that great, but I got $10 for trying them and the $10 was in the package with the dip. That was by far the best reward I've ever gotten from Zoom

PrincessArky
05-13-2007, 05:57 AM

OMG thats it I am sticking with the dvd cash outs lol

cubsgirl21
05-13-2007, 10:51 AM
OMG thats it I am sticking with the dvd cash outs lol

Same here. Plus if you change your mind and want a different DVD, Walmart always lets me exchange them with no problems.

I ordered a PlayStation2 controller from them, and it was so cheap. It broke after less than a month. Now I only cash out for DVDs, it's kinda hard for them to screw that up.

PrincessArky
05-13-2007, 04:38 PM
Same here. Plus if you change your mind and want a different DVD, Walmart always lets me exchange them with no problems.

I ordered a PlayStation2 controller from them, and it was so cheap. It broke after less than a month. Now I only cash out for DVDs, it's kinda hard for them to screw that up.

yep I know what ya mean thats why I love the movies all they have to is mail them :) Last time we got a disney one that we had on vhs tape and couldnt find the dvd in the local stores so it worked out well :)