PDA

View Full Version : Care Page for a speical girl

onfire4god57
05-09-2007, 08:32 AM
Hi everyone;

I would like to ask you all a favor. We know this little girl who has been very sick for over a year now. They have finally diagnosed her with Rassmussens. She has been having anywhere from 20 to 50 seizures a day. Rassmussens is a degenerative disease that effects the brain. She had surgery on Monday to remove a protion of the right hemisphere of her brain. They had planned on removing all of it, but opted to try just part of it for now to see if that will stop the seizures.

Much to everyone's surprise, she is doing very well. She can move all her limbs (which was not expected) and she able to recognize everyone and is able to talk (also which was not expected). However she will still be in the hospital for a couple of weeks, and will still have to go through some in patient physical therapy in another center for a couple of months.

My request to you is that you could visit her Care Page through the hospital and send her a message, and/or possibly send her a card. We would like to bombard her room with lots of cards so they can hang them on her walls.

This little girl has been through so much over the last year and a half. She's not been able to attend school, and hasn't been able to spend much time with her little sister or little brother. She has been in and out of Miami Childrens hospital more than she has been home. Her family lives in Marco Island, over on the Gulf side of Florida. Her parents take turns staying with her. It has also been extremely hard on her mom and dad and the rest of her family.

If you leave a message on the care page or send a card, please but BBS in your signature so we know where the message came from.

This is the link for the care page: http://www.carepages.com/ServeCarePage?
You will have to register, and then put in the name of oliviadavis (no spaces between her name) that will then take you directly to her page.

Cards can be sent to Miami Childrens Hospital.

Here is a link on Rasmussens: http://www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/rasmussen/rasmussen.htm

Thanks so much everyone, I know her and her family will greatly appreciate it.
Mary

heartlvrs
05-09-2007, 08:38 AM
done!

bcjjhh
05-09-2007, 09:11 AM
These care pages are so very nice, thanks for posting this, I hope and pray this little one wins the battle

myashley89
05-09-2007, 11:01 AM
I never new hospitals did this, I left a message too. Praying for her recovery soon :)

Aloha from paradise
05-09-2007, 11:41 AM
Done:)

PrincessArky
05-09-2007, 12:19 PM
done :)

bpl76
05-09-2007, 05:12 PM
she has yet another message :-)

Specialk
05-09-2007, 05:55 PM
Just posted a message for her also!!! :)