PDA

View Full Version : May 15 Gas Boycott

hblueeyes
05-01-2007, 07:33 PM
Subject: NO GAS ON 5/15
NO GAS...On May 15th 2007. Don't pump gas on may 15th. In April 1997, there was a "gas out" conducted nationwide in protest of gas prices. Gasoline prices dropped 30 cents a gallon overnight.

On May 15th 2007, all internet users are to not go to a gas
station in protest of high gas prices. Gas is now over $3.00 a gallon in
most places.

There are 73,000,000+ American members currently on the internet network, and the average car takes about 30 to 50 dollars to fill up.
If all users did not go to the pump on the 15th, it would take $2,292,000,000.00 (that's almost 3 BILLION) out of the oil companies pockets for just one day, so please do not go to the gas station
on May 15th and let's try to put a dent in the Middle Eastern oil
industry for at least one day.

Me

3lilpigs
05-01-2007, 07:37 PM
Don't we see this same thing every summer??

Its not going to work. The oil companies might lose 3 billion dollars on the 15th....but then they'll MAKE 6 BILLION the next day when we all rush out to get the gas we didnt get the day before. lol

Tashagirl
05-01-2007, 07:49 PM

Its not going to work. The oil companies might lose 3 billion dollars on the 15th....but then they'll MAKE 6 BILLION the next day when we all rush out to get the gas we didnt get the day before. lol

EXACTLY!!It never has and never will work!

silvermist
05-01-2007, 08:03 PM
Makes zero sense to me lol Either way everyone will always perpetually need gas. It doesn't even make a dent in them I'm sure. It's be nice to get a hybrid one day when those cars look better lol I'm sure less gas consumption is more damaging then missing out on one day and filling the next. On average I fill up 60-80 a month. It's really horrible. I remember when I filled it on 20-30 a month...

PrincessArky
05-01-2007, 08:19 PM
so if you buy it on the 14th and I buy it on the 16th did we really make a difference???

okie
05-01-2007, 08:28 PM
Hmmmm, maybe they will drop the gas prices and I can actually afford a full tank of gas on the 15th. Btw, I put some gas in the car today and it was $2.81 here. We would have to boycott for a really long time for it to work.

Kinda off subject, I was taking my son ( he's 6yrs. old ) to the doctor the other day and he said we should start walking everywhere to save money on gas lol. I told him that there's no way I was lugging him and his 2 yr. old sister around all day on foot. Could you imagine dragging groceries and kids lol? Btw, his doctor's office is like 5 miles away and he really thought I was going to walk that.

DestinysGrandma
05-01-2007, 08:55 PM
my family and me will be among those not buying gas on the 15th. It will be a pleasure to help others who want to protest. I doubt that everyone that participates thinks it going to end high prices. We are also making less trips to town by combining errands when we can. Doubt gas will ever go back under $2.00.

loveswolfs
05-01-2007, 09:08 PM
Every year they have this lol. The only way i wont fill up that day is if i have enough gas in my car.

Kimberly61
05-01-2007, 09:22 PM
May 15th is a tuesday and I dont get gas on tuesdays so why not, I'll boycott. I know it wont work but I will support those who believe it might work........Gas here in Michigan has been at 2.99 a gallon for almost a week now, usually it will go up for a day or two and then drop down some but this time it isnt going anywhere, so neither am I lol

mirage7000
05-02-2007, 12:05 AM
I have not used my car for a week. Next time I do I'll figure out exactly what needs to be done. Beyond the gas there is the increasing car insurance, grocery shopping and you name it has gone up! One day of boycotting is not gonna make a difference. I have seen internet hoaxes. Wish it would work! I have started to enjoy walking instead of jumping in that darn car! :)

Blackerose
05-02-2007, 05:48 AM
I'll do it. but like everyone said, I don't think that it would do anygood. Now if everyone stayed home from work that day in protest of gas prices, then you might have something.

MistyWolf
05-02-2007, 05:55 AM

Exactly!

irishluck
05-02-2007, 07:13 AM
I think it would be better if "they" had asked everyone not to drive for one day. If you don't empty it, then you don't need to refill it.

27Summers
05-02-2007, 07:32 AM
I will be one of the people NOT buying gas on May 15th either, I usually only visit a gas station 2 or 3 times a week, I can walk most places here, besides, with the vehicle I drive (93 chevy suburban 8 passenger), I probably single-handedly keep my gas station in business LOL.

maybe we should go one step further and picket the stations! :eek:

oh, and we are paying either $3.09 or $3.19 depending on the station!!!!!

cpbaby
05-02-2007, 09:21 AM
http://www.snopes.com/politics/gasoline/nogas.asp

mosdata1
05-02-2007, 10:18 AM
on May 15th and let's try to put a dent in the Middle Eastern oil
industry for at least one day.

Just my 2 cents worth, It's not the Middle Eastern Oil Industry raking us over the coals, it's the US companies. Check out the profits made by Exxon/Mobil & Chevron. They are the ones jacking up THEIR profits. They are currently making more money per gallon by their increased mark-ups!

TxGreek
05-02-2007, 11:17 AM
So there won't be the usual long lines at the gas station on the 15th??!! Woooohoooo!
(I hope more people boycott, because I'm looking forward to filling up in less than 5 minutes!) :D :p

dlwt
05-02-2007, 12:18 PM
$3.45 here in Fife Wa even Arco is $3.31 jeeze I will support this, nothing may work but hope it makes SOMEONE think. Wish I could afford a hybrid

usedtirewife
05-02-2007, 12:26 PM
I said the same thing to my husband about it not working.

He explained "that one day they could make up their profit yes. But for that day of not making profit, they still have to pay their electricity, truck drivers, and employees to pay from profit the day before or the day after. Even though they end up recooping by the end of the year 4x fold it would make a small statement. Petroleum companies and pharmacutical companies will never be crippled because most of the are government funded and government assured."

by the way we are at $2.93 a gallon cheap stuff.

bribella
05-03-2007, 01:23 PM
I paid 3.23 here today for regular @ am/pm

DestinysGrandma
05-03-2007, 01:33 PM
3.39 for reg yesterday

Berkley69
05-03-2007, 07:31 PM
Hmmmmm, I think StoneSour might be President Bush incognito! Like we don't support it in everything else we have to pay for. WHATEVER! :eek:

jedmatters
05-04-2007, 03:29 AM
Last year, at least down here, there was no sudden 30 cent drop.

We never once saw a fall over maybe 5 cents at a time, and it was not 30 cents total for the whole year.

It won't work to boycott for one day. People rely on their cars for work, and to expect people to boycott during the workweek is insane. I have to get to work, and so do millions of others. The only way it will work, is if the boycott lasted longer, like normal boycotts. You do not boycott a store for one day, and then return to purchase everything the next day, it would be ridiculous.
You do not boycott a certian manufacturer or product for 24 hours, and then buy it anyway.

Want to make a statement on gas, switch where you purchase it. Stop frequenting a store that gets gas from a company you do not want to promote.

SLance68
05-04-2007, 07:30 AM
If you REALLY want the price of gas to go down we MUST reduce our consumption. It is the basic law of supply and demand. If the Demand for a product is high then the prices will be High. If Demand is low the prices will will lower. So instead of trying thes tactics that won't work. Walk, Bike or take the bus when you need to go somewhere. Want to put it to the gas companies QUIT USING THEIR PRODUCTS ALL TOGETHER. That is the ONLY way it will work.

MistyWolf
05-04-2007, 08:20 AM
Another thing, don't go into the gas station and buy stuff besides gas from them. That is where gas stations profit off all the crap they sell on the inside.

Jolie Rouge
05-04-2007, 08:34 AM
These have been cycling around since 1999 - with little effect

2004 : http://www.bigbigforums.com/hey-how-...soline+boycott

2005 : http://www.bigbigforums.com/hey-how-...soline+boycott

See also : http://www.snopes.com/politics/gasoline/nogas.asp

http://www.snopes.com/politics/gasoline/saudigas.asp

http://www.snopes.com/politics/gasoline/gasout.asp

loveswolfs
05-04-2007, 09:28 AM
Another thing, don't go into the gas station and buy stuff besides gas from them. That is where gas stations profit off all the crap they sell on the inside.

Sorry that i cant do..The station by my house is like my second home :D

okie
05-04-2007, 09:41 AM
If people would quit driving the SUV's & Hummers that would help decrease the demand alot.

dv8grl
05-04-2007, 09:55 AM
If you REALLY want the price of gas to go down we MUST reduce our consumption. It is the basic law of supply and demand. If the Demand for a product is high then the prices will be High. If Demand is low the prices will will lower. So instead of trying thes tactics that won't work. Walk, Bike or take the bus when you need to go somewhere. Want to put it to the gas companies QUIT USING THEIR PRODUCTS ALL TOGETHER. That is the ONLY way it will work.

ABSOLUTELY! sometimes little sacrafices make a great difference!

27Summers
05-04-2007, 11:46 AM
If people would quit driving the SUV's & Hummers that would help decrease the demand alot.

not really, I drive an SUV, and I hardly drive anywhere that is not within a 2-3mile radius. There are plenty of people out there driving older late model cars that suck a lot of gas, I know, I used to have one, and even newer cars if not maintained will get poor gas mileage, not everyone can afford a hybrid or E-85 vehicle.
in fact, I just got this to back up what I said about SUV's (I really wish people would step off that high horse already :rolleyes: )

here is what we as a country need to do in order to lessen this growing problem "There are three usual answers: Better oil recovery, alternative sources of oil, or non-oil substitutes

and one more quote just to further my point: this is from the CATO institute
A New York Times editorial, "Foolishness on Fuel," began with vital facts, but promptly switched to foolishness, as promised: "Cars and light trucks -- SUVs, vans and pickups -- account for roughly 40 percent of all United States oil consumption, which now amounts to about 20 million barrels a day The same vehicles also account for more than one-fifth of the country's emissions of carbon dioxide."

Since 58 percent of the oil we use is imported, while only 40 percent goes into cars, SUVs, vans and pickups, it follows we would still import millions of barrels a day even if there were no passenger cars or trucks. Yet when it came to that other 60 percent of U.S. oil consumption, not to mention the other four-fifths of carbon dioxide, the New York Times had little to say. There was just the ritualistic hand-wringing over "minivans and SUVs, which are held to more lenient fuel economy standards."

When it came to Mr. Mineta's new regulations, the editorial rightly noted these "are unlikely to make any serious dent in consumption." They couldn't possibly make a dent because SUVs, pickups and vans only account for half of the vehicles subject to such regulations. And half of 40 percent is just 20 percent of total oil consumption.

"Soaring gasoline prices," says the editorial, "tell us that we need to act quickly to cut down on imported oil" and "there is no better short-term answer than a more efficient transportation fleet." But the world oil price has nothing to do with how much a country imports. Exporters like Canada face the same price. And new trucks are a tiny fraction of the fleet.

PrincessArky
05-04-2007, 01:46 PM

Exactly, being 15miles away from a town with an actual stores means NO I wont' be walking or biking and sure as heck isnt a bus here lol BUT I do limit all of my driving. I have driven one time since Saturday and I will be driving tomorrow to go to the bank and the store and most likely it will be next Saturday before I go anywhere again.

SLance68
05-04-2007, 02:41 PM
Exactly, being 15miles away from a town with an actual stores means NO I wont' be walking or biking and sure as heck isnt a bus here lol BUT I do limit all of my driving. I have driven one time since Saturday and I will be driving tomorrow to go to the bank and the store and most likely it will be next Saturday before I go anywhere again.

I can relate - I drive 20 miles each way to work. So I totally understand the desire to use a car - that is just the way our country is built I am sure if you lived in NYC you could probably get away with not having a car but in Orlando - you either drive or take the bus and be anywhere from 1/2 hour to 1 1/2 hours late everywhere.

diana1096
05-06-2007, 10:47 AM
I think it should be a week.
We went without a car for almost 3 years, I think we could stand a week.
Walk, ride your bide or just do things around the house.
All the little things will add up and make a difference.
The reason gas prices are so high because the refineries are unable to keep up with demand. Another refinery closed in Indiana suggesting that the price will indeed again go up even higher.

whatever
05-06-2007, 11:52 AM

We are in your boat. We live 12 miles from the nearest town. and my dh's job is 12miles away. So walking is not a option. we have talked about getting a motorcyle. right now he redoing a dune buggy that would do excellent on gas mileage. Hopefully have it done by next summer;)

Richard Cl
05-06-2007, 01:40 PM
I agree....I feel all that is done by a gas boycott is to cause some disruption....which is OK....at least that is something.
But what about this??....a NEW IDEA something that I thought of that might work.

Everyone stops "topping off" their gas tank when they buy gas....NO MORE FILL UP'S.....
Everyone fills up ONLY to the half way point of their gas tank. In other words the half full point of the tank is now the full point.
That would mean that no one would buy gas until their gas tank registered way BELOW HALF FULL...and they would fill up to ONLY that half way point from now on.
That would mean that there would be NO gasoline sold across America UNTIL all of the top half tanks of those participating in the boycott would be used up AND NEVER REFLLED.
Americans would NOT refill the amount taken off of the top of each of their tanks...but would continue to use the same amount as before if they did not change their driving habits. THE AMOUNT OF MONEY FOR THE PURCHASE OF GASOLINE NOT USED TO TOP OFF WOULD BE LOST TO THE GAS COMPANIES FOR THAT ONE TIME....AND WOULD CONTINUED TO BE LOST AS LONG AS THE CUSTOMER PARTICIPATED IN THE BOYCOTT AND DID NOT TOP OFF.
How much would this be? If you have a 16 gallon gas tank it would be 8 gallons. How much is 8 gallons per participant? Your guess is as good as mine...but I would imagine it could amount to a very high number with high participation.
In addition....The weight of the 8 gallons not purchased would provide better mileage for EACH car participating and that greater gas mileage would continue as long as the customer participated. How much does 8 gallons weigh? Don't ask me to carry it. How much would a participants gas mileage increase? I have no idea...participate and figure it out.
ALSO.....I suggest that when a customer goes to buy gas...(only when their gas guage is well below the half way marker) that they pay ONLY in CASH. It will cost half as much....but you have to get gas twice as many times as before....if you don't change your driving habits....UNLESS you conserve....which this whole process MAY get you to do. By paying by CASH only.....you punish the credit card companies....which is a fine idea considering their high interest rates and it also helps the independent gas station owner because they now don't have to pay a fee to the credit card company for your credit card purchase....but it also helps the gas company owned stations because they gain by not having to pay the fee.......So all in all....the gas company really does lose ALL of their TOPPING OFF sales....once....and the customer also gains gas mileage by driving a lighter car.
If you think these ideas have merit.....PLEASE JOIN......and SPREAD THE WORD. This could all start on the 15th.;) Enough is Enough....lets start to DO SOMETHING!!! Dick C.

Tashagirl
05-06-2007, 02:37 PM
I agree....I feel all that is done by a gas boycott is to cause some disruption....which is OK....at least that is something.
But what about this??....a NEW IDEA something that I thought of that might work.

Everyone stops "topping off" their gas tank when they buy gas....NO MORE FILL UP'S.....
Everyone fills up ONLY to the half way point of their gas tank. In other words the half full point of the tank is now the full point.
That would mean that no one would buy gas until their gas tank registered way BELOW HALF FULL...and they would fill up to ONLY that half way point from now on.
That would mean that there would be NO gasoline sold across America UNTIL all of the top half tanks of those participating in the boycott would be used up AND NEVER REFLLED.
Americans would NOT refill the amount taken off of the top of each of their tanks...but would continue to use the same amount as before if they did not change their driving habits. THE AMOUNT OF MONEY FOR THE PURCHASE OF GASOLINE NOT USED TO TOP OFF WOULD BE LOST TO THE GAS COMPANIES FOR THAT ONE TIME....AND WOULD CONTINUED TO BE LOST AS LONG AS THE CUSTOMER PARTICIPATED IN THE BOYCOTT AND DID NOT TOP OFF.
How much would this be? If you have a 16 gallon gas tank it would be 8 gallons. How much is 8 gallons per participant? Your guess is as good as mine...but I would imagine it could amount to a very high number with high participation.
In addition....The weight of the 8 gallons not purchased would provide better mileage for EACH car participating and that greater gas mileage would continue as long as the customer participated. How much does 8 gallons weigh? Don't ask me to carry it. How much would a participants gas mileage increase? I have no idea...participate and figure it out.
ALSO.....I suggest that when a customer goes to buy gas...(only when their gas guage is well below the half way marker) that they pay ONLY in CASH. It will cost half as much....but you have to get gas twice as many times as before....if you don't change your driving habits....UNLESS you conserve....which this whole process MAY get you to do. By paying by CASH only.....you punish the credit card companies....which is a fine idea considering their high interest rates and it also helps the independent gas station owner because they now don't have to pay a fee to the credit card company for your credit card purchase....but it also helps the gas company owned stations because they gain by not having to pay the fee.......So all in all....the gas company really does lose ALL of their TOPPING OFF sales....once....and the customer also gains gas mileage by driving a lighter car.
If you think these ideas have merit.....PLEASE JOIN......and SPREAD THE WORD. This could all start on the 15th.;) Enough is Enough....lets start to DO SOMETHING!!! Dick C.

Huh?? :confused: None of these" boycott" ideas are ever going to work~when is everyone going to see that?No matter how you slice it we need gas..buying in smaller amounts,not buying on a certain day~its not going to work.In the end you STILL must buy gas as you use it up! As long as you drive your car you will need to put more gas in it...whether you put in a little or alot whether you buy it on May 15th..or May 16th~its all the same.I wish it was all that simple...just dont buy it one day and it will make the price go down~its not that simple!I'm just as fed up with the prices as the next person but these boycotts simply will not work!

SLance68
05-06-2007, 02:41 PM
I have already chastised him once today about this idea that will NOT work. If this is all you are going to post then please at least go to www.snopes.com and search for gasoline and realize that this will NEVER work and stop posting it. And NO a boycott will cause no distruption but to the people that have to wait in longer lines on the 14th & 16th due to this dumb idea that does not work. IF YOU WANT PRICES TO GO DOWN THERE IS ONLY ONE WAY IT WILL WORK. START WALKING OR RIDING A BICYCLE AND QUIT USING GASOLINE.

Richard Cl
05-06-2007, 05:25 PM
I have been to Snopes....It does not satisfy the need to do something......
Saying it will not work without saying WHY....is useless....unhelpful.....and plays into the hands of the gas companies who want us to do nothing....except pay their higher prices.
PLEASE.....
Explain WHY not being able to sell gasoline to fill half of each tank participating in a national boycott is not lost revenue to the gas companies? It is known as "storage" loss.
Explain WHY this loss of revenue will continue as long as the customer continues NOT to "TOP OFF".
Explain WHY 60 lbs less for each card participating does not improve mileage on those cars?
Explain WHY millions of cars weighing 60 lbs less each is not significently high.
Explain WHY this saving continues as long as the car participates and has the less weight?
Explain WHY fees lost to millions of cash purchases are not a loss to a credit card company?
Explain WHY the fees not having to be paid for the credit card purchases not made are not a benefit to the independent gas station owner who does not have to pay them?
Explain WHY participating in this will not...perhaps...set the participants on a course of thinking about new ways to look at their vehicle use....which is what you suggested.
Thanks!

hblueeyes
05-06-2007, 06:12 PM
I think some of the ideas are marvelous and are worth incorporating into my routine. Just because Snopes says poh poh means nothing to me. I can think for myself. I would rather drive with a 1/2 tank of gas than a full one and get a few extra mpg. I will also have room in my tank when I find myself out of cook county and gas prices 20 cents plus cheaper, then I can fill up.

Me:p

MistyWolf
05-06-2007, 06:15 PM
When I fill my gas tank I do just that .. I fill it. And I will continue to do so. And if I use my credit card (gas card) I pay it off every month so I am not paying interest, and I will also continue to do that.

One day is not going to make a difference and American's are not going to not drive for a week or any length of time because we are too reliant on transportation to get from point A to B and back to A. I personally am not going to walk to work, take the bus to work or ride a bike .. I am driving.

Everyone who wants to boycott on this magical day of May 15th .. go ahead .. and on the 16th see what gas prices are .. the same as they were on the 15th!

hblueeyes
05-06-2007, 06:30 PM
Indianas' refinery is offline so production stays low and prices go up. I think our politicans need to step in and say, enough already. Make gas like a utility and regulate it. Same with food. We need to shop around for the best price so should the country as a whole. Tell OPEC we'll pay $20 a barrell. If they say no, we'll go somewhere else or use our own. After awhile of the US not buyiing they'll come around and if not, so be it. We should charge $658 a barrell for corn. Pay it or eat oil.

Me:p

suprtruckr
05-06-2007, 06:45 PM
Explain WHY millions of cars weighing 60 lbs less each is not significently high.
whether it's 60lbs or 500 lbs will make NO difference in fuel economy i know this for a fact, i drive a 1998 dodge durango it gets 15 mpg as factory tuned combination driving, i also have a quantum jazzy1420 electric wheelchair (350lbs) i carry in the back of said vehicle, whether chair is loaded or not i get the same mileage regardless...
now in the near future when i make some changes to the intake/exhaust configurations i should gain 5-7 mpg

When I fill my gas tank I do just that .. I fill it. And I will continue to do so. And if I use my credit card (gas card) I pay it off every month so I am not paying interest, and I will also continue to do that.
same here

Tell OPEC we'll pay $20 a barrell. If they say no, we'll go somewhere else or use our own. After awhile of the US not buying they'll come around and if not, so be it. We should charge $658 a barrell for corn. Pay it or eat oil.
or do the oil for food instead of cash for exports

but if you want to HURT the oil companies get the tank truck drivers to shut down that way no product leaves the distributor, that is only way it will work

Richard Cl
05-06-2007, 08:10 PM
Please explain how the amount of weight a car carries does NOT effect its mileage.....and how you know this for a fact.

You made no comment on the NO MORE FILL-UP'S idea.

You made no comment on the PAY CASH ONLY idea.

Jolie Rouge
05-06-2007, 08:27 PM
Richard - EXPLAIN WHY it didn't work in 1999

EXPLAIN WHY it didn't work in 2000 ...

EXPLAIN WHY it didn't work in 2001 ...

EXPLAIN WHY it didn't work in 2002 ...

EXPLAIN WHY it didn't work in 2003 ...

EXPLAIN WHY it didn't work in 2004 ...

EXPLAIN WHY it didn't work in 2005 ...

EXPLAIN WHY it didn't work in 2006 ...

EXPLAIN WHY it should suddenly work now that it is 2007 ...

2004 : http://www.bigbigforums.com/hey-how-...soline+boycott

2005 : http://www.bigbigforums.com/hey-how-...soline+boycott

See also : http://www.snopes.com/politics/gasoline/nogas.asp

http://www.snopes.com/politics/gasoline/saudigas.asp

http://www.snopes.com/politics/gasoline/gasout.asp

PrincessArky
05-06-2007, 08:31 PM
well I wont be buying gas for a while.......after 3 wks of having my new van I finally broke down and filled it up had about 1/4 of a tank and drank another $48 and since I only travel about once a week (unless we have a dr appt or something) I should be good for a while :)

Richard Cl
05-06-2007, 08:31 PM
Thanks blueeyes I appreciate the support. Please help spread these ideas so that more can participate and thus effect more positive change.

To those who think that lowering the weight of a vehicle does NOT help increase gas mileage.....I suggest they contact the auto makers and let them know that ALL of their efforts to lower the weight of their cars in manufacture by producing them with lighter componants and parts was and is for nothing.....

I agree that the gas companies should be taken over by the government and treated like a utility...with price regulation....wait for the howls on this one....;)
I also think that the President should put gasoline that the government has in reserve on the market to further pressure the price to move lower....but this is going to be hard for a President that is so tied to big oil.

suprtruckr
05-06-2007, 08:32 PM
Please explain how the amount of weight a car carries does NOT effect its mileage.....and how you know this for a fact.

You made no comment on the NO MORE FILL-UP'S idea.

You made no comment on the PAY CASH ONLY idea.

APPARENTLY YOU DID NOT read what i said

i know this for a fact, i drive a 1998 dodge durango it gets 15 mpg as factory tuned combination driving, i also have a quantum jazzy1420 electric wheelchair (350lbs) i carry in the back of said vehicle, whether chair is loaded or not i get the same mileage regardless
i know because i have tested it in real world conditions and if thats not enough i am a former (disabled) truckdriver, so yes i know how to compute fuel mileage/ economy...

the no more fillups idea will NOT work because the end result is thew same they (the oil comps) still get your money irregardless...
the pay cash comment was covered in my answer to what mistywolf said, i too have a GAS COMPANY credit card the balance is paid monthly IN FULL ie NO FINACE CHARGE so, in SIMPLE TERMS maybe you can understand, payoff in full every month Before finance charges are added is SAME as paying cash

Richard Cl
05-06-2007, 08:40 PM
Apparantly you did NOT read what I said......

I am talking about credit card FEE's that the businessman ....in this case....the gas station owner has to pay the credit card company for EACH sale that is made by credit cards through their business.....If the customer pays by CASH the gas station owner pay NO fee to the credit card company because the card was not used. This saves the gas station money.
I am NOT talking about the interest that the customer has to pay or not pay depending on if they pay their card off each month.....THAT is just another fee the card company collects.
I am still waiting for proof that the less a car weighs the better mileage it gets is NOT true. There are laws of physics involved here.

Jolie Rouge
05-06-2007, 08:42 PM
I also think that the President should put gasoline that the government has in reserve on the market to further pressure the price to move lower....

That is not what the reserve is for... in the event of a disaster ( Katrina/Rita which shut down domestic production in the Gulf and closed the ports of New Orleans and Fouchon ) the reserve is available to be tapped.

It is like dieting - lifestyle changes are in order if you want lasting impact. You can fast for a day or two, but if you don't change you habits then the end result is NIL.

Richard Cl
05-06-2007, 08:55 PM
Hi Jolie....
I agree with your dieting comparison....My hope is that with their involvement in the NO MORE FILL-UP'S and PAY WITH CASH ONLY ideas that the users participating will begin to think more along those lines that you indicated were needed.
You are correct also in that the oil reserves are put aside to be used for natural disasters.....but I would contend that what the oil companies are doing to the American public is an economic, domestic disaster and the release of the reserves is warrented.

Jolie Rouge
05-06-2007, 09:20 PM
but I would contend that what the oil companies are doing to the American public is an economic, domestic disaster and the release of the reserves is warrented.

Sorry, I can not agree with you there. Clinton released the oil reserves in the last days of his presidency and it only created minor and brief relief.

The 2007 hurricane season is upon us and we may need those reserves.

TxGreek
05-06-2007, 10:00 PM
It is like dieting - lifestyle changes are in order if you want lasting impact. You can fast for a day or two, but if you don't change you habits then the end result is NIL.

Excellent comparison, Jolie.

People do what's convenient for them. I pay with credit because I can keep my eyes on my son while he sits in the back seat. It's MUCH quicker than having to unstrap him, take him in, stand in line and wait for change.

I also get bonuses (as do many others) for paying with credit.
When I pay with cash, the clerk doesn't offer to give me a percentage back; my cc does. :)

MistyWolf
05-07-2007, 04:35 AM
If gas station owners were so concerned about the costs of credit cards than they wouldn't offer nor accept credit cards.

Not all people pay their gas cards in full from month to month so they are actually profiting.

And there is a huge matter of convenience when you have kids .. we don't like leaving our kids in the car to go pay for gas, therefore the card comes in handy!

Richard Cl
05-07-2007, 04:50 AM
I understand your reasoning....Each of us has our own circumstances. Dick C.

Richard Cl
05-07-2007, 04:54 AM
I also hope we could do both.....save or natural disaster relief and to help ease the gas price crunch....but in reality it is not very likely that President Bush will do anything to relieve the gas situation since he is tied so closely to the industry and has been all of his life. Dick:(

suprtruckr
05-07-2007, 07:13 AM
I am still waiting for proof that the less a car weighs the better mileage it gets is NOT true. There are laws of physics involved here.

RTFS

i know this for a fact, i drive a 1998 dodge durango it gets 15 mpg as factory tuned combination driving, i also have a quantum jazzy1420 electric wheelchair (350lbs) i carry in the back of said vehicle, whether chair is loaded or not i get the same mileage regardless

http://slash.lazygirl.net/images/illustrations/feedtroll220.png

SLance68
05-07-2007, 03:54 PM
RTFS

http://slash.lazygirl.net/images/illustrations/feedtroll220.png

amen

moogle
05-08-2007, 12:42 PM
you know, if 10 people fill up on day 15, and 10 people fill up on day 16,
it still equalls the same amount as if all 20 people fill up on day 16.
No difference in revenue.

If I fill up my car 2 times a month, topping it off, it still equals the same
amount of gas if I filled it half way 4 times a month. Same amount of gas,
just me having to make more stops.

stresseater
05-08-2007, 02:12 PM
It also means more trips to the gas station. Talk about defeating one's own purpose.

Richard Cl
05-08-2007, 02:31 PM
To make it clear....
If you keep half of your gas tank empty....that is a ...one time...half, tank, sale, NOT made....thus lost to the gas company. If you continue to keep the top half of your gas tank EMPTY that one NO SALE remains a NO SALE.
If that empty half tank...say...8 gallons...weights 60 lbs...as I have been told.....( it will be different for different vehicles...some more...some less) that is 60lbs LESS that the engine has to carry.....Having to carry less weight decreases the amount of gas needed....thus increasing the miles per gallon the vehicle achieves......This is a small saving per car but multiplied by millions of cars participating can result in a great amount of gasoline NOT being consumed....thus means NOT being sold.......
These two ideas are real gas savings....thus NOT gas sales which is the intent of the boycott.
If you can't or won't understand this I'm sorry I don't know how it can be explained more clearly.
PLEASE....if you think these ideas have merit.....PLEASE pass them on to others who understand and are willing to participate.
Thank You! Dick C.

Jolie Rouge
05-08-2007, 04:55 PM
To make it clear....

This concept FAILED in 1999

This concept FAILED in 2000

This concept FAILED in 2001

This concept FAILED in 2002

This concept FAILED in 2003

This concept FAILED in 2004

This concept FAILED in 2005

This concept FAILED in 2006

WHY do you think it will be any different in 2007 ?

If you can't or won't understand this I'm sorry I don't know how it can be explained more clearly.

jedmatters
05-08-2007, 07:05 PM
The idea that the savings per vehicle would be small says everything. The overall country savings will not exist.
You can not add imaginary numbers, or invent your own statistics.
If your idea is even remotely correct, and I save about a tablespoon of gas a week, that means nothing to me. Yes, with 25 million cars that adds up, but that tablespoon means nothing to me. You cannot add my tablespoon to someone else's and create a savings. We are not sharing that gas savings. And, I still have to drive 22 miles ONE WAY to work every day.
That imaginary tablespoon gets sucked up in detours, road construction, and the fact it is already in the 90s daily: so I need my AC . I probably would add more gas consumption.
I also know that an engine runs better (including better gas mileage) with a full tank, than a half tank. Weight or not. And when you drive a 2000 pound truck, or even a car, half tank of gas weighs SO VERY LITTLE in comparison.

I guess if I just lost the 20 pounds off my FLUFFY bottom, and left my shoes at work(average 1.5 pounds), and did not take my water bottle to work (1/2 gallon= 3 pounds). Then I can fill up my truck and your idiotic idea would save the same amount of gas mileage???????

The best savings is CARPOOL if you have the ability, walk when you can, and fuel up in the early morning and late evening (less evaporation.

suprtruckr
05-08-2007, 07:31 PM
LOL you go girl, thats telling them

Richard Cl
05-08-2007, 08:04 PM
OK....You don't care about savings....only if they are YOURS...You have no interest in affecting the gas companies....using the accumulative effect of millions. Understood....we know what you care about. Thankfully, others are not of the same mind.
Carpooling is an excellent idea.....do that too.
Walking is an excellent idea...do that too.
Mass transit is an excellent idea...do that too.
Biking is an excellent idea...do that too.
Buying a hybrid is and excellent idea...do that too.

Why does a small individual saving...when multiplied by millions doing the same thing.....NOT exist and become imaginary?.....opps forgot...you don't care about small savings... "that means nothing to you"....you said that twice....
What law of physics states that a full tank of gas gives BETTER mileage and conversely a LIGHTER half empty tank of gas does not?....Better check my Physics textbook on that one...it's been awhile.

For Jolie.....
Daily Gas Boycotts in all of those years.....probably did not effect much because they did not change behavior.....These suggestions...NO TOP OFFS...with resulting lighter car weights...do require behavior changes....I'm open to all new ideas.....Dick C.

suprtruckr
05-08-2007, 08:46 PM
What law of physics states that a full tank of gas gives BETTER mileage and conversely a LIGHTER half empty tank of gas does not?....Better check my Physics textbook on that one...it's been awhile.

no law of physics says that the automotive EXPERTS say that...

and where in your physics book does it saw that a vehicle will get better mileage at 60lbs lighter when it's proven IN REAL WORLD test that my vehicle does NOT have a mileage difference with a 350lb difference

MistyWolf
05-08-2007, 08:55 PM
What do you care if I fill my gas tank all the way up or not? For the record, I filled her up yesterday .. cost me $30 .. I charged it and will pay for it when I get the bill! I am not running the crap at the bottom of my gas tank through my car.

And I don't see anyone posting that they don't care .. you do things your way .. I'll do them my way. Oh and for the record, I walked to the store yesterday!

3lilpigs
05-08-2007, 08:58 PM
Filling up to half a tank is stupid. You use more gas once it gets past the half tank line. Plus......I'd be going to the gas station TWICE as much as I was before. And in that time, they have raised the price a few more cents, so they are still getting more out of me.

Sorry Dick..........it doesnt make sense.

Richard Cl
05-09-2007, 07:24 AM
Sorry you don't agree about my idea of NOT TOPPING OFF as being a continuing part of the boycott.
I had hoped that I had explained my reasoning for why NOT TOPPING OFF will work for denying the gas company one top half sale and how it would improve your mpg.
You did not speak to that.
I had not thought of your idea of churning up the bottom deposits of your gas tank.....however....this plan would NOT DO THAT. I am NOT suggesting that you burn off to the very bottom and churn up deposits. I am suggesting that you fill up to the half way gauge mark....from being BELOW that mark....but NOT at the very bottom....or even on EMPTY.... as you know....when you gauge says EMPTY it really is not EMPTY anyway.
I have two further comments......
1. I hope it is realized that when ideas of conservation are expressed, and discussed...(all of which I wholeheartedly support) but these ideas are dismissed by others ...out of hand...without factual backing....this is EXACTLY what the gas companies want. If doubt can be created as to the effectiveness of the boycott or other conservation ideas this will lead to the ineffectiveness of the boycott....this plays right into their hands.
2. We are NOT dealing with reputable people here. The Enron officials (electric not oil..but still part of the whole) lied and some are in jail for it...now.

EXXON/MOBIL is still litigating what they are going to pay for the Valdez disaster.....after 18 years.

Do you really expect that the company is going to admit any effectiveness of a boycott? They give the public the figures and the public is expected to believe them.....really? I know...there are outside companies that are supposed to check the correctness of the numbers...just like there were companies supposed to do that in the Enron situation....They are now out of business.

Are the gas companies beyond setting up bloggers to spread misinformation....dissent...and doubt? Got me....just a thought. Am I accusing those that have dismissed my ideas as being stupid and otherwise of being one of these.....Of coarse not....I have no facts to prove so. All I am saying is.....does anyone doubt that the gas companies are beyond doing this....Maybe the gas companies don't even have to do this since there are already some in the public that are not disturbed in any way with the behavior of the gas companies. Who knows....all we really know is that we really don't know.
Dick C.

Richard Cl
05-09-2007, 07:31 AM
opps...forgot.....
Someone said ..." You use more gas once past the half way line".....Please!!.....What physic law makes this happen?
and............YES...as stated before....you have to get gas twice as often.....but you are going to pay about half as much...even with the continuing raises in price....because you are buying less than half as much. We are talking about changes in habit here....to effecuate change there needs to be changes in habit..in behavior.
Thanks! Dick C.

suprtruckr
05-09-2007, 07:46 AM
I hope it is realized that when ideas of conservation are expressed, and discussed...(all of which I wholeheartedly support) but these ideas are dismissed by others ...out of hand...without factual backing.....
i gave you my facts, and i trust MY facts over some "expert" or someone that only posts to try to make trouble, not saying that you're here to make trouble but i've been driving over 30 yrs (legally) and i've tested all the theories in one form or another but as to MY "facts" i drive 100 miles ROUND TRIP from here to a creditor in another town and back by my dads in yet another town once a month EVERY month and take the same route everytime, i fill before i leave and refill when i get back to check my mileage, most months i have my chair in the back of the vehicle and others i don't that is my proof that the 60lb weight loss will make no difference, when a 375 lb differential makes no difference.

i have one thing to say and i don't intend to offend ANYONE.

if you have a college education or are working on one WTG but with that being said a book does NOT teach everything you kept mentioning a physics book thats all well and good but a real world education will beat a college education everyday if you DON'T use common sense along with the college education

Richard Cl
05-09-2007, 08:02 AM
opps again...forgot others.....this should be the end of my opps....for now...

I agree that time of day....due to evaporation is a good idea also.....Lets add it to the list of things to do to effecuate change and savings.

We are running out of logic with the added weight not effecting mgp discussion.......Following the logic of your argument.....
IS THERE......ever... at any time... when added weight....350lbs...or 1,000lbs .....or 2,000 lbs would decrease mpg in your REAL WORLD TESTS ? If not, then logic fails, in our two worlds.
Thanks! Dick C.

MistyWolf
05-09-2007, 10:42 AM
You know what Dick .. you be happy with your gas theories and I'll stick to mine. You obviously spout all these "facts and figures," but don't listen to anyone elses point of view on the matter.

loveswolfs
05-09-2007, 11:36 AM
I did the fill up only half way the last time gas was going up..but i would only let my tank get to the half way mark and then fill up so i had a full tank. yep i was filling up more than i wanted to. Beside's hell if i want to get stuck in rush hour and idle in traffic on half a tank or less and run out of gas. With every road being worked on in my city/ highway no thank you..i want a full tank.

Richard Cl
05-09-2007, 05:19 PM
You are idling in traffic....with a half a tank of gas ....and you are going to run out? Really?
Misty.....Please check back on all of the sends in this continuing conversaton and find how many times I have accepted the ideas of others....ie....ineffectiveness of gas boycotts...women with children....gas evaporation...carpooling....and then accuse me of not accepting the ideas of others....HOW UNFAIR!! You can't even tell the difference bewteen disagreeing with you and the ideas of others.....that is really narrow.....
suprtruckr.....05-07-2007,01:32 A.M......"the end result is thew same they"......I'm still trying to figure that one out.....and chuckling....
My references to textbooks comes from 35 years of teaching....I am a retired...soon to be 68 year old...teacher...thus my reliance and faith in those who research and write textbooks....I have been driving since I was 16....that's more than 30 years suprtruckr....Of course you are going to rely on life experience and your "common sense" more than other "experts"....you have to...you have no other experience.
Your keen observations gleaned from your exhaustive studies are overwhelming in their scientific conclusions....."weight does NOT effect mpg"....BRILLIANT!!
To all of those who saw merit in my thoughts....Thank You!!.....Pass the word....NO TOPPING OFF....from now on and especially after May 15....Lets give it a try ......and see what happens.
To date...no responses to my observations of gas company plants.
To date...no responses to my observations of energies expended to knock down and tear apart ideas to try...like my TO TOPPING OFF plan....to see if they would work or not....playing right into the hands of the gas companies.

I'm out of here....have work to do. Dick C.

Tashagirl
05-09-2007, 05:34 PM
i have one thing to say and i don't intend to offend ANYONE.

if you have a college education or are working on one WTG but with that being said a book does NOT teach everything you kept mentioning a physics book thats all well and good but a real world education will beat a college education everyday if you DON'T use common sense along with the college education

I agree totally on this...as well as the point that this boycott is NOT going to work~it never does!!!!!!!!!!! I would be wasting my time by even explaining ALL the reasons it wont work and why it just does not make sense because Dick continues to not listen to what everyone is saying here~the many reasons have been stated.Think what you will Dick~I am convinced this will never work.I have plenty of my own facts..as well as my own common sense ;) that tells me so.

Jolie Rouge
05-09-2007, 08:17 PM
Why Parent's Drink

A father passing by his son's bedroom was astonished to see that his bed was nicely made and everything was picked up. Then he saw an envelope, propped up prominently on the pillow that was addressed to "Dad." With the worst premonition he opened the envelope with trembling hands and read the letter.

Dear Dad:

It is with great regret and sorrow that I'm writing you. I had to elope with my new girlfriend because I wanted to avoid a scene with Mom and you. I have been finding real passion with Stacy and she is so nice.

But I knew you would not approve of her because of all her piercings, tattoos, tight motorcycle clothes and the fact that she is much older than I am. But it's not only the passion...Dad she's pregnant. Stacy said that we will be very happy. She owns a trailer in the woods and has a stack of firewood for the whole winter. We share a dream of having many more children Stacy has opened my eyes to the fact that marijuana doesn't really hurt anyone. We'll be growing it for ourselves and trading it with the other people that live nearby for cocaine and ecstasy. In the meantime we will pray that science will find a cure for AIDS so Stacy can get better. She deserves it. Don't worry Dad. I'm 15 and I know how to take care of myself. Someday I'm sure that we will be back to visit so that you can get to know your grandchildren.

Love, Your Son John

P.S. Dad, none of the above is true. I'm over at Tommy's house. I just wanted to remind you that there are worse things in life than the report card that's in my center desk drawer.

I love you.

Call me when it's safe to come home.

suprtruckr
05-09-2007, 09:02 PM
suprtruckr.....05-07-2007,01:32 A.M......"the end result is thew same they"......I'm still trying to figure that one out.....and chuckling....
My references to textbooks comes from 35 years of teaching....I am a retired...soon to be 68 year old...teacher...thus my reliance and faith in those who research and write textbooks....I have been driving since I was 16....that's more than 30 years suprtruckr....Of course you are going to rely on life experience and your "common sense" more than other "experts"....you have to...you have no other experience.
Your keen observations gleaned from your exhaustive studies are overwhelming in their scientific conclusions....."weight does NOT effect mpg"....BRILLIANT!!

LOOK it's the typo police, you've never made a typo? your driving experience may be more years than mine combined but in my 30 yrs i've logged many miles as a former truckdriver 48 states and canada and several coast to coast trips in a private vehicle as well as all the local miles.
now, DICK your argument was that 60lbs would increase fuel economy, my argument was 60lbs would make NO difference as stated by my monthly excursions. now DICK you made the following smartassed remark which is NOT what was covered in any of this

We are running out of logic with the added weight not effecting mgp discussion.......Following the logic of your argument.....
IS THERE......ever... at any time... when added weight....350lbs...or 1,000lbs .....or 2,000 lbs would decrease mpg in your REAL WORLD TESTS ? If not, then logic fails, in our two worlds
i said 350lbs made no difference in MY VEHICLE and by saying so shot holes in your theory that 60lb loss would improve economy. now when you add 500 lbs or MORE there will be a definite reduction in economy, and as for the "so called" experts most of those are book smart and have no real world experience

Tashagirl
05-09-2007, 09:02 PM
Why Parent's Drink

[/center]

I looooved that!! Thanks Jolie:);)

evrita
05-09-2007, 10:09 PM
So what your trying to say is keep my dog home because I am going to use more gas that insane !!!!!

MistyWolf
05-09-2007, 10:14 PM
You know what Dick .. I am not biting so have fun with someone else!

jedmatters
05-10-2007, 04:40 AM
I think we have forgotten something here:
The owners of mom and pop gas stations, the truck drivers that haul gas, the refinery workers that produce gas, and the people on the ships that haul the oil to turn into gas, as well as the drilling rigs we have in operation here. Then there are the engineers and scientist that have created way to make gasoline safer and cleaner. They shop in our stores, buy homes in our neighborhoods, and pay taxes in our school districts.

If we consider the affects on the local economy (I live in a refinery town, with over 6 producing refineries in our area), it looks bleek to even consider a boycott.
I know that here, gas stations make less than 2 cents on every gallon of gas sold. But they do get people to walk into the store and buy coffee, and snacks. The truckers keep the cars and other vehicles in gas. And I would just die if I knew my own selfishness (wanting to save a few pennies of gas money) made my very sweet neighbor lose his home. Then my favorite grocery store could not get their products trucked in, and would have to close up, meaning more people out of work... more homes lost.
Then you create a larger number of people on public assistance: draining that system due to the large increase.

Nope, I think I will just drive to work today, and help someone in pain. Afterall, that is what I am there for.

3lilpigs
05-10-2007, 05:03 AM
You are idling in traffic....with a half a tank of gas ....and you are going to run out? Really?
Misty.....Please check back on all of the sends in this continuing conversaton and find how many times I have accepted the ideas of others....ie....ineffectiveness of gas boycotts...women with children....gas evaporation...carpooling....and then accuse me of not accepting the ideas of others....HOW UNFAIR!! You can't even tell the difference bewteen disagreeing with you and the ideas of others.....that is really narrow.....
To all of those who saw merit in my thoughts....Thank You!!.....Pass the word....NO TOPPING OFF....from now on and especially after May 15....Lets give it a try ......and see what happens.
To date...no responses to my observations of gas company plants.
To date...no responses to my observations of energies expended to knock down and tear apart ideas to try...like my TO TOPPING OFF plan....to see if they would work or not....playing right into the hands of the gas companies.

I'm out of here....have work to do. Dick C.

YOU'RE a teacher??
You're KIDDING!!
With sentences like that???
Do you know how to use ONE PERIOD? OR A COMMA??
I would have been given an "F" if I wrote a paragraph like that, with all those.................................'s

evrita
05-10-2007, 06:46 AM
I put gas in my car today with my debit card at 3.00 a gallon it cost me 32.50 to do it.

aussiegirl
05-10-2007, 07:03 AM
YOU'RE a teacher??
You're KIDDING!!
I would have been given an "F" if I wrote a paragraph like that, with all those.................................'s

I have no clue what is going on in this thread. I have not read it nor will I, since I am going to get my hair cut. However, please don't knock someone for grammer. I think that is so wrong. Everyone has an opinion and it seems to me that when people get frustrated they knock grammer. I have seen this done before. It's rude. Just don't reply anymore and get yourself so upset.

PrincessArky
05-10-2007, 07:13 AM
I have no clue what is going on in this thread. I have not read it nor will I, since I am going to get my hair cut. However, please don't knock someone for grammer. I think that is so wrong. Everyone has an opinion and it seems to me that when people get frustrated they knock grammer. I have seen this done before. It's rude. Just don't reply anymore and get yourself so upset.

yeah I know what you mean.......in person I do things all nice and proper (I have several awards from through out the years to prove it) but on the net I seem to have terrible grammar and I never do put any of the words together just right lol

3lilpigs
05-10-2007, 10:10 AM
I have no clue what is going on in this thread..

Then maybe YOU shouldnt reply.:confused:

I'm GOING to reply to someones grammer and punctuation, when they claim to be a TEACHER.

aussiegirl
05-10-2007, 10:14 AM

I'm GOING to reply to someones grammer and punctuation, when they claim to be a TEACHER.

Your knocking him about grammer because this other guy is being an ass to you.

3lilpigs
05-10-2007, 10:34 AM
Your knocking him about grammer because this other guy is being an ass to you.

What other guy??:confused: I'm responding to Richard CL....no one else. I quoted ''his'' post.....no one elses. "He" is the one who said he was a teacher.

And no one is being an ass to me.

And like you said, you have NO IDEA what is going on in this thread, nor have you read it.....so how can you comment on my comments??

Willow
05-10-2007, 10:53 AM

Actually the correct spelling is grammar. It is spelled with an "a" not an "e". Sorry, I'm not trying to pick on anyone. I just couldn't resist. :D

PrincessArky
05-10-2007, 10:56 AM
Actually the correct spelling is grammar. It is spelled with an "a" not an "e". Sorry, I'm not trying to pick on anyone. I just couldn't resist. :D

lmao u r soooooooooooo bad

3lilpigs
05-10-2007, 10:58 AM

LOL..thats ok. I found it funny too. I do that all the time with that word. I know it's suppose to be an "A" but I can never get it right!:D lol

Willow
05-10-2007, 10:59 AM
lmao u r soooooooooooo bad

I couldn't help it. LOL

wackydackydoo
05-10-2007, 11:12 AM
YOU'RE a teacher??
You're KIDDING!!

I'm with you. It's no wonder that illiteracy is on the rise and children cannot even do simple math in their heads anymore if this is an example of those teaching them.

MistyWolf
05-10-2007, 11:42 AM
What other guy??:confused: I'm responding to Richard CL....no one else. I quoted ''his'' post.....no one elses. "He" is the one who said he was a teacher.

And no one is being an ass to me.

And like you said, you have NO IDEA what is going on in this thread, nor have you read it.....so how can you comment on my comments??

You know how she can reply without reading the thread? .. Because I have told her about it so she is somewhat knowledgeable as to what is going on here!

DestinysGrandma
05-10-2007, 08:36 PM
YOU'RE a teacher??
You're KIDDING!!

I do this.......all the time. I use it to give the reader time to mentally digest my words and/or to make a point. :D

BTW gas is 3.49 here for regular :(

Kelsey1224
05-16-2007, 12:11 PM
Well...that boycott worked really well. (Note sarcasm here.) Prices went up yesterday.

MistyWolf
05-16-2007, 09:34 PM
I actually HAD to get gas last night after work .. I took an co-worker home and may have run out since he doesn't live that close to me .. anyway, it was $3.29 and today I seen a few stations @ $3.15, but most were still $3.29 .. they gas companies have us by the balls and they know it .. boycott or not.

PrincessArky
05-17-2007, 04:35 AM
saw on the news last night that gas actually went up about .10 most places so NO it did NOT help

Berkley69
05-17-2007, 10:23 AM
The only way to get gas prices to go down is to stop making pointless trips, combine your errands as much as you can, no cruising around! I absolutely love driving my truck, going on roadtrips but I will not line their pockets anymore! I see teenagers all the time with their seats reclined all the way back cruising around with their sh*tty rap blasting so loud their license plate vibrates! They sure don't look like they're going anywhere! They just want to drive around and make people think they're bad ass mofo's! I just laugh and glare down at them from my lifted truck :D But seriously if everyone stopped driving around unless they absolutely had to it WOULD make a HUGE difference!!! Since I stopped I have saved SOOO much money on gas!!! Why don't people get this?
Exxon/Mobil is the worst - last year was record breaking for them in terms of profits! It'll only be better for them this year! Maybe instead of boycotting gas one day of the year, we should just never ever get gas at Exxon/Mobil, I don't, they're ALWAYS the most expensive ANYWAYS! Doesn't anyone besides me watch Bill O'Reilly of The O'Reilly Factor? He actually said the amount of money the oil companies make is "criminal". I agree!

andreame70
05-17-2007, 03:55 PM
Yeah, the boycott didn't work around here either. Gas went up from $2.96 yesterday to $3.04 today!

Andrea