PDA

View Full Version : Any washer Gurus out there?

Quaker_Parrots
04-20-2007, 03:59 AM
Having probs with my washer, woke up this morning to a load of soaking wet clothes. Tried to do spin only cycle, but it sounded like it was trying to suck water out, but wont spin. Reset(and even unplugged it) and tried to run a new load. Washer wouldn't fill, but it would agitate(sp). What sounds like my problem? This washer is probably 2 years old, and it is a GE.

There wasn't any water in the drum, it was just like it didnt spin. But now it wont fill.

earnhardt1
04-20-2007, 05:24 AM
Mine did that once and i had to reset the breaker..then the washer worked

Willow
04-20-2007, 05:41 AM
In our old apartment the landlord supplied coin operated washers and dryers and that happened a couple of times. He said that the belt would break because people were overloading the machines. I'm not saying you're doing that. That's just what he said when the machines wouldn't agitate or spin the water out.

gonnascream
04-20-2007, 09:27 AM
if you take apart the washer there is a drainage hose at the bottom that could be clogged up with lint and such.

mine did the same thing, and unclogging that hose fixed it.

Quaker_Parrots
04-20-2007, 11:21 AM
Hmmmm.

It still agitates, it just wont do the spin cycle.

There is no water in it, it sounds like it is sucking it out when you try to run the spin cycle.

When you reset it, it wont fill with water, it starts agitating immediately, if the lid is down. (mine will fill if the lid is up, but wont agitate.)

It kinda seems like it is stuck in a cycle, or something.

evrita
04-20-2007, 02:01 PM
MIne did that and the belt was broke. Had the back taken off and there it was it cost about 75.00 to have someone come to fix it and the cost of the part

Quaker_Parrots
04-20-2007, 02:15 PM
It was stuck, DH played around with it, and got it going again.

He left the lid open and reset it, and it started working again, thanks all for the replies, and ideas of what might have been wrong.

cubsgirl21
04-20-2007, 03:59 PM
Now that your washer is running again, wanna do my laundry? :D j/k

Quaker_Parrots
04-20-2007, 04:05 PM
LOL, honestly? No, lol.