PDA

View Full Version : My very VERY first Ebay vent

cpbaby
04-19-2007, 03:05 PM
Won an auction that ended on March 27. I paid that night via PayPal. Auction stated it would ship within 5 days of payment. A few days later I hadnt heard ANYTHING from the seller, so I emailed and politely asked if they recieved my payment and if so, had my item shipped. On April 6 I got a reply saying that it had shipped on March 29 and to please let them know when I got it. On April 11 I still hadnt gotten it, so I emailed them back and said:

Item: JOHN DEERE STX38 & STX46 LAWN TRACTOR OPERATORS MANUAL (190094996631)
This message was sent after the listing closed.
hpike1 is the winner.

I still dont have this. Could you tell me when it shipped?

Thank you,
Christy XXXX

I got no response to this one at all, so on April 17, I requested the sellers contact information and tried to call them. Low and behold, their number "Is disconnected or is no longer in service". I said Screw it and filed it away to lesson learned. TODAY I get home and there is the blasted package on my front porch....UPS left it this morning. I see red, simply because Im grumpy today and decide to track it. (if you are interested, 1Z 540 034 03 9037 0479) It was shipped on April 13.:confused:

Now, here is the reply I had typed out since the seller DID ask that I let them know when it was recieved, but I think I probably shouldnt send it.

This was on my front porch today. I tracked it and see that is wasnt shipped until April 13. I have always given pos feedback but am having trouble justifying it today. Can you tell me why I should leave pos feedback for you? Thanks!

What do you think I SHOULD send, if anything?

hblueeyes
04-19-2007, 03:09 PM
Exactly what you have stated here is true and honest. This will alert other auction winners that they may not be truthful as to when it shipped but that you did receive it. It will also alert the lister that they need to be more forthright with the information they provide. Everybody wins when feedback is honest and truthful.

me:p

Berkley69
04-19-2007, 03:13 PM
Well you can look at it this way - at least you did get it. Maybe there was a death or something? Maybe you should give yourself a "cool down" period like they do when you go to buy a gun :D

Johnslambchop
04-19-2007, 03:15 PM
Has the seller left your feedback already - if not, be prepared to get negged back because unfortunately some seller's retaliate that way. If you don't sell on that id then don't worry about. Negs hurt a seller more than a buyer.

I sell on ebay and always make sure to communicate with my buyers and I have nothing but happy buyers because a simple email telling them when something ships takes all of a minute.

Rather than a neg - as long as you did get the item you ordered and it was as described, you might want to leave Neutral feedback something along the lines of:

Pd 3/27 Rec'd 4/19. No communication. Slow shipping.

cpbaby
04-19-2007, 03:18 PM
Well you can look at it this way - at least you did get it. Maybe there was a death or something? Maybe you should give yourself a "cool down" period like they do when you go to buy a gun :D

Thats why I didnt go to the gun shop.....LOL....I know I have a temper, and thats why I didnt actually send the email or leave feedback yet.

If there was a death, thats fine, but PLEASE tell me. I sell on Ebay and they tell you YOUR ITEM HAS SOLD. NOW CONTACT THE BUYER. This person never attempted to initiate any type of contact with me. THEN they lied about shipping it. OK, somebody died, it didnt get shipped, so then WHY tell me it shipped on such and such date?

Berkley69
04-19-2007, 04:03 PM
Cause people are sh**heads :D Sorry

TxGreek
04-19-2007, 06:26 PM
You should report them to Ebay for invalid contact info. That's a BIG no-no.

Wildkats
04-19-2007, 06:28 PM
Maybe they shipped it and it was returned so they reshipped it. Who knows?

whatever
04-19-2007, 06:34 PM
Okay this is kind of like an experience i had. you get the item only they say they shipped it out and in reality they did not till you have to email them several times. :rolleyes: And then they realize you will make problems if they don't.:mad: I would hold out on leaving feedback, see if they leave you any first. They should have anyway if you paid right away. but if not the i agree maybe leave neutral. And explain in the few words you can.

Taterbo
04-19-2007, 10:28 PM
Also the seller could have an idiot husband like mine..I gave him a couple of envelopes to mail for me and he 'forgot' them in his truck...for like 5 days..so needless to say one bill was late in getting paid..He has already been warned not to complain to me if we are charged late fees..It was his fault...
So I might leave neutral feedback or just not leave any at all...You got your item, it was in one piece..So let it go..Who knows just what happened...Water under the bridge....Move on....

JamieH3775
04-20-2007, 05:57 PM
Won an auction that ended on March 27. I paid that night via PayPal. Auction stated it would ship within 5 days of payment. A few days later I hadnt heard ANYTHING from the seller, so I emailed and politely asked if they recieved my payment and if so, had my item shipped. On April 6 I got a reply saying that it had shipped on March 29 and to please let them know when I got it. On April 11 I still hadnt gotten it, so I emailed them back and said:

Item: JOHN DEERE STX38 & STX46 LAWN TRACTOR OPERATORS MANUAL (190094996631)
This message was sent after the listing closed.
hpike1 is the winner.

I still dont have this. Could you tell me when it shipped?

Thank you,
Christy XXXX

I got no response to this one at all, so on April 17, I requested the sellers contact information and tried to call them. Low and behold, their number "Is disconnected or is no longer in service". I said Screw it and filed it away to lesson learned. TODAY I get home and there is the blasted package on my front porch....UPS left it this morning. I see red, simply because Im grumpy today and decide to track it. (if you are interested, 1Z 540 034 03 9037 0479) It was shipped on April 13.:confused:

Now, here is the reply I had typed out since the seller DID ask that I let them know when it was recieved, but I think I probably shouldnt send it.

This was on my front porch today. I tracked it and see that is wasnt shipped until April 13. I have always given pos feedback but am having trouble justifying it today. Can you tell me why I should leave pos feedback for you? Thanks!

What do you think I SHOULD send, if anything?

Let me tell you a said story and I left neg feedback and got yelled at and threatened.. I won these notecards cause do a lot of snail writing. Well shipping was like almost 6 bucks.. Well was going to delete everything I paid for and there was I paid 19 something for one set of notecards...LOL..
I emailed her and asked why was charged extra 10 bucks. About a week later emailed me back still didn't send the item cause asked if wanted it or not and said she was a handicapped woman.. Hello I am a mother of 6 kids I don't have 10 bucks to spend extra on everyone I bid on..LOL
So said yes want the notecards just want my 10 bucks.. No clue why she didn't send it paypal but said she put it in the envelope with the notecards which wasn't..
I asked her where the money was left her neg feedback after awhile and reported her. I was out 10 bucks cause even paypal didn't give me the money and neither did she

Jamie