PDA

View Full Version : eBay vent

Berkley69
04-19-2007, 11:41 AM
I sold 6 items recently (all to different people) on eBay and no one has left me feedback yet, I'm hoping that they just didn't receive the items yet or they get them today! I love getting (positive) feedback, it's like getting a package! :)

TxGreek
04-19-2007, 11:50 AM
I sold 6 items recently (all to different people) on eBay and no one has left me feedback yet, I'm hoping that they just didn't receive the items yet or they get them today! I love getting (positive) feedback, it's like getting a package! :)

Did you use delivery confirmation? If so, check it to see if they received it or not.
If you didn't use dc, be prepared for a lot of lost claims if you accept paypal.

Heidi
04-19-2007, 11:53 AM
You know what I do, I go to the "contact buyer" link and I send them a message. I say "Just checking to see if you have receive the ----- that you won from me on eBay. If not, please let me know and I'll do research on my end. If you have, can you please leave feedback for me letting me know you've received it?" I have always gotten a response back and pretty much all leave feedback immediately after getting that.

TxGreek
04-19-2007, 11:56 AM
You know what I do, I go to the "contact buyer" link and I send them a message. I say "Just checking to see if you have receive the ----- that you won from me on eBay. If not, please let me know and I'll do research on my end. If you have, can you please leave feedback for me letting me know you've received it?" I have always gotten a response back and pretty much all leave feedback immediately after getting that.

Also realize that feedback is optional and many ebayers don't want to be asked to leave it. (Check the ebay feedback forum; some people will leave a neg if nagged about feedback).

Heidi
04-19-2007, 12:06 PM
I don't think asking somebody once, in a polite/concerned fashion would be confused with nagging.

Blondiex46
04-19-2007, 12:40 PM
when I do I send them an e-mail saying.....when you receive the item please let me know and please leave feedback as I have done....

Berkley69
04-19-2007, 12:52 PM
I thought feedback was a big part of eBay - I know that if I'm buying something from anyone the first thing I do is look at their feedback score!
TXGREEK - What do u mean by "If you didn't use dc, be prepared for a lot of lost claims if you accept paypal." Are you saying that some might lie to me and say they never got it? But what does Paypal have to do with that? Also may be a stupid question but does delivery confirmation cost money, I ask because I've never seen an option for it when I'm listing something to sell. The only thing I've seen is "Shipping Insurance."

TxGreek
04-19-2007, 01:04 PM
I thought feedback was a big part of eBay - I know that if I'm buying something from anyone the first thing I do is look at their feedback score!
TXGREEK - What do u mean by "If you didn't use dc, be prepared for a lot of lost claims if you accept paypal." Are you saying that some might lie to me and say they never got it? But what does Paypal have to do with that? Also may be a stupid question but does delivery confirmation cost money, I ask because I've never seen an option for it when I'm listing something to sell. The only thing I've seen is "Shipping Insurance."

Feedback is a part of Ebay, but it is completely optional. (Even Ebay says this) No one is required to leave any.

Yes, people can, and will, lie. Others are honest about not receiving it and you'll have no proof to submit to Paypal that they did receive it.
If you accept Paypal, you'll automatically lose any claim submitted if you have no electronic proof of delivery.
DC costs 55 cents (I think?) or is free w/ Priority mail if you print the label online. I think it's 14 cents w/ parcel post if you print the label online.

You should really read up on Paypal's seller protection if you're accepting PP on ebay. It could save you a lot of time and money.

ETA: Using DC is optional, but it protects you when you have a claim. If you don't want to pay for it, add 55 cents into your shipping costs so it's covered. Or, if using priority online, you can add a note in your auction that you're including delivery confirmation free of charge. :)

Berkley69
04-19-2007, 01:18 PM
Thanks!

Berkley69
04-19-2007, 02:00 PM
TXGREEK - nother question: So since the delivery confirmation is for my peace of mind, then I don't even have to mention it or should I so they know that they're not gonna be able to screw me over?

Quaker_Parrots
04-19-2007, 02:35 PM
There are buyers that will screw you even if you use DC. All they have to do is claim that it was "drastically not as described" and paypal can and usually will find in their favor.

Johnslambchop
04-19-2007, 03:17 PM
I would totally suggest reading the Discussion boards on ebay, specifically the Seller Central board - I have learned LOADS from there as a seller.

Berkley69
04-19-2007, 03:57 PM
Thanks Quaker_Parrots and Johnslambchop! Just read a lot in Seller Central - don't know why it took me this long, I am still nervous about these people I'm "waiting" for though. I hate being so damn honest!

TxGreek
04-19-2007, 06:24 PM
TXGREEK - nother question: So since the delivery confirmation is for my peace of mind, then I don't even have to mention it or should I so they know that they're not gonna be able to screw me over?

No, you don't have to mention it at all if you don't want to. ITA w/ Johnslambchop; there's a ton to learn from those boards.

whatever
04-19-2007, 06:37 PM
I would totally suggest reading the Discussion boards on ebay, specifically the Seller Central board - I have learned LOADS from there as a seller.

I think i'm going to have to check that out also:)

Goobie
04-20-2007, 05:37 PM
I never used to use DC but now I do and thank goodness, because after I did I had 3 buyers ask me when the item has shipped and each time all of them had already been delivered. Their packages were misplaced by their own family members in their houses or still in the car.

I always put Shipping & Handling/Delivery Confirmation in my auctions, that way the buyers know well I can't screw her out of money, she can track the package :)

JamieH3775
04-20-2007, 05:51 PM

I am big on ebay and never give feedback until I receive my item and sometimes takes me a week with having kids and stuff to get around to it.. Some people never leave feedback which is really sad

Jamie

pookyjo2
04-22-2007, 07:44 AM
some sellers state they will leave feedback only after you leave yours. i refuse to buy from them. a seller should leave feedback on how/when i pay as soon as i do it, not after they see me rate their item/customer service.

i always check feedback before buying but i also look at 'feedback left for others'. if someone has +100 feedback but has only left 70 for others, there's a chance he won't leave it for you either.

as a seller, can you restrict sales to people who have low feedback or who haven't left feedback for others?

buttrfli
04-22-2007, 07:48 AM
I made little business sized cards that I include with the item that thanks the person for their purchase and remind them that feedback is an important tool in the ebay community and to please remember to leave feedback at their convenience.

As a seller, I leave feedback as soon as payment is made (if the sale price is under $100)

Njean31
04-22-2007, 08:18 AM
a seller should leave feedback on how/when i pay as soon as i do it, not after they see me rate their item/customer service.

see, i don't do this because i'm not waiting to see how they rate me on customer service, i'm waiting to see if they are gonna try to screw me over and if i haven't left feedback, the threat of exposing them with negative feedback might change their mind from trying to screw me over. i already KNOW my customer service and product is excellent or i wouldn't be selling it. it takes alot of time and money to sell on ebay, i would not sell crap and so i know that a reasonable normal person will be satisfied with my product and shipping. i always use DC, paypal will favor the buyer if you don't and they say they didn't get it. i've only had one buyer complain to paypal saying my items was not as described .........a scammer...who did not win. paypal looked at my picture and said that it was obviously not what they were claiming and sided with me. i think they look at the feedback too. if someone has over 1000 positive transactions and no negative and then you have someone pop up with just a few transactions and several are negative, i think it don't take a rocket scientist to figure out whose lying.

i don't say in my auctions that i leave feedback only after they do but i'm sure they can see if they look hard enough. and if people don't want to buy from me for that reason, then good........cause there are 20 other people watching my items and i'd rather not deal with them either. i'd rather deal with someone who looks at my product, reads my description, reads my feedback left from buyers and then bids on my auction and don't care that i don't leave feedback first. if they look at my feedback left from buyers, they will see the deal. there has never been a reason for someone to leave me negative feedback, never in 7 years. only a person trying to scam me would do it, thus........i leave feedback after them. this is my incintive for the buyer to not and try to scam me. if i already have left feedback, then it's gone. in my experience, honest buyers don't really care who leaves feedback first. it's rather silly and a mute point. and it's not just scammers you have to worry about, it's people who have buyers remorse. it happens.

one might ask how i know my customer service is excellent? first, you only sell hight quality items that are flawless and if they are not, then you mention it and take a picture of it. next, you answer all questions that a watcher or bidder may have in a timely manner. then you don't charge ridiculous prices for shipping, combine shipping for more than one auction won, use DC, and ship the product within 1-3 business days. then, once feedback is left, immediately leave them positive feedback. this is how i operate and it works great. i make megabucks on ebay. i bought about 40 items yesterday at a yard sale of beautiful mens size 2x clothes, all name brand like tommy bahama, ralph lauren, etc. come home. looked them up........one of the shirts i bought is selling for 26.00 right now on ebay.......i paid 1.00 for mine. i have 6 of them.........paid 6 dollars. do the math, i love ittttttttttttttt. would never screw it up.

Njean31
04-22-2007, 08:34 AM
if someone has +100 feedback but has only left 70 for others, there's a chance he won't leave it for you either.

it sounds as though you care more about getting feedback then the actual quality of the product you are buying? when you see the feedback of the seller and it's alllllllllllllll positive and wonderful and you win the auction and recieve it as stated, then why would you care if they don't leave you feedback first? you got the product you wanted. i honestly don't care if some people don't leave me feedback. i have over 1000 who have and it's all great.

Berkley69
04-22-2007, 09:47 AM
If I'm selling I leave feedback as soon as they pay (becuase they have all paid so far) so it's not like I'm screwing them out of feedback and that's why they haven't left any for me. I guess some people are just selfish and don't give a sh*t. Out of the 6 I sold to, I got 2 feedbacks since I first posted this, but the rest would be nice.

pookyjo2
04-22-2007, 11:22 AM
see, i don't do this because i'm not waiting to see how they rate me on customer service, i'm waiting to see if they are gonna try to screw me over
one might ask how i know my customer service is excellent? first, you only sell hight quality items that are flawless and if they are not, then you mention it and take a picture of it. next, you answer all questions that a watcher or bidder may have in a timely manner. then you don't charge ridiculous prices for shipping, combine shipping for more than one auction won, use DC, and ship the product within 1-3 business days. then, once feedback is left, immediately leave them positive feedback. this is how i operate and it works great.
sounds like you are a great seller. i didn't get how a buyer could 'screw you over' but your comment about buyer's remorse makes sense.

pookyjo2
04-22-2007, 11:25 AM
it sounds as though you care more about getting feedback then the actual quality of the product you are buying?
um nope.
i was just saying how i shop on ebay. i only have like 50 feedbacks -- and i only buy a few things a month -- so in addition to getting a quality item at a good price, i like me some feedback :)

Njean31
04-22-2007, 09:23 PM
edit.

Njean31
04-22-2007, 09:44 PM
edit

Njean31
04-22-2007, 09:58 PM
don't feel like it

aicirtaP
04-22-2007, 11:32 PM
I am a buyer and seller and always leave fb(not at any dead-set time,before or after they leave it for me,etc...just whichever way it ends up) but you can also do the follow-up,like if you already left fb for them and they leave something bad for you(for no reason)then you could do fb follow up(or whatever its called),at least you can on www.ebay.com.au , not sure about the American one though....

aicirtaP
04-22-2007, 11:35 PM
Oh,and I don't generally buy from someone who has less than 99.6 % ,try to always go with the 100% when I can and i'm pretty sure you can exclude low fb buyers from bidding on your items,just not sure how its done(I think after they bid then you can retract it or something).

Berkley69
04-23-2007, 07:15 AM
I went into my account and settings or seller account or something and there was an option, you could block people registered in different countries (I only ship within the USA), and you could block buyers with -1, -2 or -3 feedback.