PDA

View Full Version : one word: VONAGE!!

tough guy
04-19-2007, 09:08 AM
i work from home and use vonage for my telephone line....BIG mistake!!:mad:

Their systems are down, :mad: as usual...now i have to miss a WHOLE days pay thanks to them:mad: ...ARGGHH!!!

I did on a good note, call to switch companies today but have to wait till at least next week to recive the new modem:rolleyes:

Quaker_Parrots
04-19-2007, 09:36 AM
Have you thought about Skype? It is $30 a year for outgoing calls, and if you want your own phone # it is $60 a year.

Just remember, if you cancel with Vonage they are going to charge you $40 for quitting them.

pepperpot
04-19-2007, 09:50 AM
My friend has vonage and she is out of service so often. Definitely not worth any potential 'savings'....good luck with your switch.

tough guy
04-19-2007, 10:54 AM
Have you thought about Skype? It is $30 a year for outgoing calls, and if you want your own phone # it is $60 a year.

Just remember, if you cancel with Vonage they are going to charge you $40 for quitting them.

What??? $40 to quit???:mad: ...well they cant get blood of of a turnip:D

Quaker_Parrots
04-19-2007, 11:03 AM
What??? $40 to quit???:mad: ...well they cant get blood of of a turnip:D

Hehehehehe, know that. I was smart and changed my CC info on my account to a used up prepaid. I have never seen a bill for disconnecting service, and they never charged my real CC for it.

cSoReNSoN
04-19-2007, 12:25 PM
My mom has Vonage and rarely, if ever, has had problems with the service.

YankeeMary
04-19-2007, 01:32 PM
We have been using vonage for almost 2 months and so far so good. My dh works VO and he would be totally screwed without the phone.

heartlvrs
04-19-2007, 01:40 PM
No Probs With Mine

Berkley69
04-19-2007, 01:47 PM
Don't know if this is true but I've heard that you can't dial 911 with Vonage or it costs extra or something? If that is the case then Vonage is ****ed up!

hblueeyes
04-19-2007, 03:12 PM
I rarely call 911. If I need the police I call the phone number. This is easy to program into your phone for emergencies. When I call the direct line, they still have all the info., my address, name and phone number, on me.

Me:p

kyswpgrl
04-19-2007, 03:29 PM
Do you have cable internet? Some cable companies now offer phone service. It's coming to my area at the end of April/early may.

ChevygaL4
04-19-2007, 03:49 PM
I used to work at Vonage, & I got so fed up with their customer service policies that I quit after only 2 months. They make it extremely difficult to sign up for the service, & we were so pressured to respond to customers quickly (with a daily quota) that we were actually encouraged to deny customers who wanted to sign up. It was the most ridiculous job I've ever held. There were less than a handful of customer service reps available to answer calls directly, & they were very unprofessional. I've never seen a more unhappy workplace in my life!

** While I was there (over a year ago now), they were in the middle of a lawsuit regarding customers being unable to access 911 services. I'm not sure of the outcome (if any), but I do remember reps telling complaining customers that they should have actually ASKED to have 911 service allowed on their line(s). Who would think of asking for something that should be mandatory???

If you watch the TV commercials, look QUICK, there is some sort of clause in small print about the 911 services

dv8grl
04-19-2007, 03:56 PM
I've had vonage for a year and have never had a problem.. only when my dsl flakes out...

Berkley69
04-19-2007, 04:01 PM
Wow ChevygaL4, sounds like the employees at Vonage are just like the employees at Dunkin Donuts here in CT!

earnhardt1
04-19-2007, 04:07 PM
we just got a great deal on home phone with comcast

Shann
04-19-2007, 04:08 PM
I heard yesterday that vonage may go bankrupt due to their legal troubles. Can read about it here http://money.cnn.com/2007/04/18/technology/vonage.reut/index.htm

RavenSek
04-19-2007, 04:25 PM
I have verizion VOIP but you have to give your address for 911 and make sure it accurate. If you call 911 it cant be traced because its not a landline so it goes by the address you list on the account.So you can still call it. Glad I didnt get vonage,verizion so far hasnt had down time that iv seen

belleofpa
04-23-2007, 07:12 PM
I use Vonage and it goes out on me about once a month. The thing I really hate is when my Comcat internet goes down, so does my phone.

mom4kota
04-24-2007, 03:36 AM
I love our vonage. We have had it for over a year and have never had a problem. I even used the 911 system last june during our flood.
I will probably never switch. It's ceaper than our local phone company and I called customer service a couple times and they were always pleasant.

sorry some have had problems with their service...but this is one product that i will recommend