PDA

View Full Version : Listerine Mouth Rinse Recalled (Agent Cool Blue)

MistyWolf
04-12-2007, 09:24 AM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18073946/

WASHINGTON - Johnson & Johnson recalled a recently launched Listerine plaque-detecting rinse marketed primarily for use by children after testing revealed contamination by microorganisms.

The company’s McNeil-PPC Inc. unit recalled all 4 million bottles of Glacier Mint and Bubble Blast flavors of Listerine Agent Cool Blue plaque-detecting rinse, a spokeswoman said Wednesday. The recall covers all lots sold or distributed since the product’s launch last year.

The recall does not include any other Listerine products, including traditional versions that contain alcohol, spokeswoman Meghan Marschall said. Agent Cool Blue is alcohol-free.

The company said product testing showed contamination by microorganisms despite the use of preservatives. There have been no reports of consumer health problems associated with the contamination, it said. It added the risk of illness is low, except for individuals with weakened or suppressed immune systems.

Consumers should stop using and properly discard the product. The company is offering full refunds. For more information, call 888-222-0249 or visit the Web site.

ahippiechic
04-12-2007, 09:51 AM
Just great! My DD loves using this! Going to go check out their website. Thanx for posting.

mirage7000
04-12-2007, 10:08 AM
Thanks! Recalls are just getting out of hand lately! I don't want to eat,feed a dog, and now gargle! :eek: :eek:

MistyWolf
04-12-2007, 10:17 AM
No problem .. I just recently bought my kids this stuff .. they had about 2-4 uses left :eek: .. I'd like to know more info on the recall and the website does have a printable rebate form. You do need the label off the back so don't just toss your bottles yet.

I wasn't aware this was posted in the News thread .. so I apologize for the double post .. not all of us go to the News thread though and this is important.

freeby4me
04-12-2007, 10:32 AM
I know, this is really scary. This stuff is pretty much made exclusively for kids. I want to hear more about what is in here.