PDA

View Full Version : crap crap crap

buttrfli
04-09-2007, 05:24 AM
I am always so careful and picky when I book a hotel/motel for anything. I booked a motel for our vacation 2 months ago (vacation is in June) and I was excited because of a review I read about it where the person raved about it. There was only one review, but I wasn't too worried because its a small mom and pop place in a small town.

Well apparently over spring break several (3 or 4) people wrote new reviews from staying there last month and they were HORRIBLE! They complained about everything from black mold (:eek: ) to rude owners and tied up dogs on the property!

Now I have to find a new place to stay so I can cancel my reservations at the current place. I am upset because I don't want to stay in a "traditional" hotel. We need a place with a kitchen that is low priced.... I am sure I can find something else, but I just hate having to do all the looking all over again :(

dlwt
04-09-2007, 05:33 AM
oh man that sucks. I dont know what I would do, keep that reservation for sure though, you never know until you have something else. i hate the search as well. Good luck

Fred12
04-09-2007, 11:11 AM
http://www.murfreesboroark.com/

http://www.arkansasstateparks.com/craterofdiamonds

http://www.arkansas.com/places-to-stay/

pepperpot
04-09-2007, 11:24 AM
Depending upon where you go, sometimes there are condos you can rent for the week (or vacation homes) in the area.

wubbywa
04-09-2007, 04:01 PM
maybe if you post where you are going someone here will beable to steer you in the right direction.

buttrfli
04-09-2007, 04:02 PM
http://www.murfreesboroark.com/

http://www.arkansasstateparks.com/craterofdiamonds

http://www.arkansas.com/places-to-stay/

Thanks!

I e-mailed a few places to get their rates.. we'll see!

We are going to Murfreesboro Arkansas to dig for Diamonds :D

Shann
04-09-2007, 04:06 PM
ugh that sucks :( hopefully you'll get some replies fast and good rates :D

queenangie
04-09-2007, 04:18 PM
Waving my hand up high!

I have always wanted to do this too. May I come?
Ok, if I can't come, would you pretty please, just send me
some diamonds instead?

Giggles!

buttrfli
04-09-2007, 04:21 PM
Waving my hand up high!

I have always wanted to do this too. May I come?
Ok, if I can't come, would you pretty please, just send me
some diamonds instead?

Giggles!

Lets go!! Maybe this time we'd get to visit longer! :D

Katt
04-09-2007, 04:41 PM
Call the place up. Tell them you are worried about recent reviews you have seen, and get their side. Then, tell them why you are canceling. Maybe they will fix the problem. They might have been frazzled from the "spring break crowd" and it could possibly have been pets of people who were staying there, tied up or something. Never know. ;)

I was worried about our place we went to on spring break, because a review popped up talking about how horrendous the place was. From crappy management to caged animals.

Needless to say, we LOVED the place. No caged animals, the people were awesome, and I'll stay there again when we go back.

buttrfli
04-09-2007, 05:07 PM
Call the place up. Tell them you are worried about recent reviews you have seen, and get their side. Then, tell them why you are canceling. Maybe they will fix the problem. They might have been frazzled from the "spring break crowd" and it could possibly have been pets of people who were staying there, tied up or something. Never know. ;)

I was worried about our place we went to on spring break, because a review popped up talking about how horrendous the place was. From crappy management to caged animals.

Needless to say, we LOVED the place. No caged animals, the people were awesome, and I'll stay there again when we go back.

I tried to call them this afternoon. Got the machine. When I initially talked ot the lady to book the room, she was very nice, so I am prolly just jumping to conclusions.

DH said the same thing about the spring breakers (he just said that 5 minutes ago... you are creepy Katt) I am still going to check out other places, but that line of thought made me relax about it a little.

Momof2totsand1teen
04-09-2007, 05:07 PM

I agree, I would call and ask a few questions, tell them about the reviews and see what they say. You never know what they endured from the spring break crowd.

killbarney
04-09-2007, 06:30 PM
From personal experience-spring breakers are weird :D and not to be trused ;)

MistyWolf
04-09-2007, 06:33 PM

That is exactly what I'd do.

suprtruckr
04-09-2007, 06:44 PM
if nothing else call the park and ask for reccomendations as well or even ask if they're familiar with the place your reservations are and why you're asking

buttrfli
04-10-2007, 07:31 AM
Ok, this is what I did....

Last week I had requested pricing info for Diamond Johns retreat and he sent me the list this morning.

Because of the fact that this place look so fun and family friendly, we are going to stay there and its only going to be $50 more (total) to stay there than at the motel.

I was going to call the motel and ask questions and then just hope for the best, but Diamond John's looks and sounds like sooooo much more fun, I had to book it.

We are going to stay in a Tipi!! The kids are going to love it. PLUS the only time I could get 4 days was july 2 - 5 so we will be there on july 4th and John said this morning that there is a huge firework display on the river!

I would have stuck it out at the motel, but I couldn't pass up a chance to stay in a tipi! LOL

Heres the site http://www.diamondjohns.com/

And here is the info about the Tipi's that he sent:

Teepee prices as follows: $85-$125 per night depending on size of TIPI number in party and amenities.
Common amenities SATELLITE TV 200 CHANEL STARZ PACK AC or heat, half fridge microwave Barbecue, free firewood and use of paddleboat, kayaks , canoe , bait and fishing poles ALL at - NO EXTRA CHARGE…. Regular size tipis have a Queen size brass bed and Futon for children or second couple ..The large tipi is 30 ft in diameter ALMOST 40 FT HIGH sleeps 8 to 10 has a fridge two couches dvd / tv and optional fire pit in center of tipi…..

MOST TIPIS have a fridge and small microwave. Regular sized TIPIS are 28 foot tall built on decks overlooking the river. Large TIPI is 38 foot tall, comes with gas grill and stove on deck overlooking the river..A common hot tub under the stars with towel service and house-like bathroom facilities provided.

migirlfriday
04-10-2007, 09:10 AM
Wow!! That is great! Ever since I saw a show about going mining, I have wanted to do it. And that tipi sounds great too! I hope you have fun and travel safe!!

whatever
04-10-2007, 04:26 PM
That sounds like fun. Can we come too:D

pepperpot
04-10-2007, 04:46 PM
Common amenities SATELLITE TV 200 CHANEL STARZ PACK AC or heat, half fridge microwave Barbecue, free firewood and use of paddleboat, kayaks , canoe , bait and fishing poles ALL at - NO EXTRA CHARGE…. Regular size tipis have a Queen size brass bed and Futon for children or second couple ..The large tipi is 30 ft in diameter ALMOST 40 FT HIGH sleeps 8 to 10 has a fridge two couches dvd / tv and optional fire pit in center of tipi…..

MOST TIPIS have a fridge and small microwave. Regular sized TIPIS are 28 foot tall built on decks overlooking the river. Large TIPI is 38 foot tall, comes with gas grill and stove on deck overlooking the river..A common hot tub under the stars with towel service and house-like bathroom facilities provided.

Seems Geronimo didn't have to jump after all! lol He should've stuck around for refrigeration, queen size, A/C and satellite! lol

Holy Hanna, the Indians have moved up in this world!

buttrfli
04-10-2007, 04:59 PM
Holy Hanna, the Indians have moved up in this world!

Yep... and we know how to use computers too :cool:

Shann
04-10-2007, 07:28 PM
that's so neat and looks like it's going to be a lot of fun!! I cannot wait to see pictures and fireworks over the river!!! What a treat! That is how my family does it. You all will have such an amazing time. :D

tsquared
04-10-2007, 08:21 PM
just dont drink the tea..........youll float in tee pee if you do