PDA

View Full Version : chicken pox????

earnhardt1
04-05-2007, 12:29 PM
ok what do they look like ???? my lil guy was just getting dressed when he said his arm pit hurt and when i looked he has these red pimples that loko like blisters any ideas?? his dr is closed till tommorow

LuvBigRip
04-05-2007, 12:37 PM
They look like red pimples that are fluid filled. They tend to start in warm areas damp areas (arm pits, back of knees, diaper areas).

An aveeno oatmeal bath will help with any itchies.

Heidi
04-05-2007, 12:39 PM
My daughter's just looked like a normal everyday rash. Took her to the ER because we don't have a regular doctor, thinking it was a rash. And they made us leave the hospital and wait outside for the DR. OOPS! Her's were real mild though, because she had been vaccinated when she was like 2 or 3.

LuvBigRip
04-05-2007, 12:40 PM
http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/001592.htm

nanajoanie
04-05-2007, 12:45 PM
They look like red pimples that are fluid filled. They tend to start in warm areas damp areas (arm pits, back of knees, diaper areas).

An aveeno oatmeal bath will help with any itchies.

ITA and make sure he doesn't scratch or itch them til they bleed, especially if he gets them on his face. They make a pit type scar. When my oldest grandgirl had them in the summer she wore undresses and would rub her back and tummy up against my drapes. When I had them as a little kid Mom used to have me get into a cool bath. And she turned me into a big pink polka dot with Calamine lotion.:D

socks1211
04-05-2007, 01:48 PM
ITA and make sure he doesn't scratch or itch them til they bleed, especially if he gets them on his face. They make a pit type scar.

this is true i have a bunch on me

earnhardt1
04-05-2007, 04:30 PM
thanks he has been vacinated but i think he has a mild case on his arm pits

aussiegirl
04-05-2007, 07:22 PM
My daughter was vacinated and came down with chicken pox's, it was a very mild case, had to keep with away from other children for a week.

earnhardt1
04-05-2007, 07:44 PM
well he home schools so thats a good thing

PreciousDarlin
04-06-2007, 04:42 AM
One of my best friends had Chicken Pox twice as a child. The doctor's explained it as her simply not having a severe enough case the first time. So far *knock on wood* neither of my children have come down with Chicken Pox. I did tell DH while I was pregnant with DS that the first sign of spots, I was going to Mom's for a week and he got to take care of the baby because I had never had Chicken Pox. I was revaccinated in high school, but I'm 25y/o and I've still never had them. The thought terrifies me.

aussiegirl
04-06-2007, 06:02 AM
Does he have them? Are you taking him to DR. today? How old is he?

earnhardt1
04-06-2007, 06:05 AM
i called his dr and she said aslong as the pox arent bothering him to much he is fine to use cold compresses and benedryal... he is 7..... yes he has them
i had them when i was 13 and hubby never had them

aussiegirl
04-06-2007, 06:37 AM
Hubby better be careful. There are dangerous to an adult-Is he going to be staying with both of you?

earnhardt1
04-06-2007, 06:40 AM
hubby is now sleeping in the bedroom and we are sleeping on the couch bed..

aussiegirl
04-06-2007, 09:44 AM
You might just want to call the DR.- chicken pox's are an air bourne virus

MistyWolf
04-06-2007, 09:47 AM
Hope he's feeling OK .. and yes your hubby better be careful cause chicken pox are very contagious and dangerous to an adult!

The virus is in the air so it doesn't matter that your sleeping seperate.

earnhardt1
04-06-2007, 09:49 AM
yea i talked ot the dr this moring and she said it is probaly to late for hubby if he is going to get them....

dv8grl
04-06-2007, 10:25 AM
Neither me nor my sister has ever had them and we're in our mid 30s now.

When we were little, and a kid in neighborhood got them we had to go hang out with them (just like that episode of South Park) .. yet we never did catch them.

ahippiechic
04-06-2007, 10:38 AM
My bro had them as an adult, due to heart condition, he couldn't be vaccinated. So he had a really bad case of them and ended up spending a few days in the hospital.

PreciousDarlin
04-06-2007, 12:01 PM
When we were little, and a kid in neighborhood got them we had to go hang out with them (just like that episode of South Park) .. yet we never did catch them.

My younger brother had them when he was 5y/o. At the time, he and I were sharing a bedroom and sleeping on a daybed with a trundal bed attached to the side. I was home for a week with strept throat and he was home the same week with Chicken Pox. Mom didn't boter to seperate us, HOPING I would come down with them. I never did. The doctor said the chances were good that I had a natural immunity and never would. The idea still scares me though.

earnhardt1
04-06-2007, 12:35 PM
My younger brother had them when he was 5y/o. At the time, he and I were sharing a bedroom and sleeping on a daybed with a trundal bed attached to the side. I was home for a week with strept throat and he was home the same week with Chicken Pox. Mom didn't boter to seperate us, HOPING I would come down with them. I never did. The doctor said the chances were good that I had a natural immunity and never would. The idea still scares me though.

my brother was the same way when i had mine he tried to get them and couldnt.. he is itchey but doing ok... the benedryal isnt working very well for him