PDA

View Full Version : Check your debit and credit card statements!!!

kyswpgrl
04-02-2007, 07:19 PM
I try to log onto my checking account online daily to see what charges have been processed. Well I just logged on to pay a bill when I noticed a charge that went through on 3/31 for Success Logos LLC in the amount of $12.95. I buy a ton of stuff online and we also went shopping this weekend, so I wracked my brain and came up with nothing. I decided to do a google search on the company name which brought up another internet forum where all of these people have gotten ripped off for $12.95. It wasn't just "Success Logos LLC" either, but several other internet themed businesses. I don't know how this happened, but I urge everyone on here to check their statements. This was my debit card, not a credit card, but they are used the same way. I'll be contacting my credit union tomorrow to find out how to dispute the charge.

MistyWolf
04-02-2007, 07:26 PM
Thanks for the heads up .. hope you get it resolved.

loveswolfs
04-02-2007, 11:07 PM
Thanks i went and looked and every thing is ok for me.

PrincessArky
04-03-2007, 06:22 AM
thankfully no problems here

irishchick
04-03-2007, 07:36 AM
:eek: :eek: :eek:

iluvmybaby
04-03-2007, 07:39 AM
I did a search for "Success Logos LLC scam" on google. This was listed as bank card fraud.

Originally Posted by email
> Hello,
>
> I represent Success Logos LLC.
> We got an email from you reporting a charge on your credit card.
>
> Thank you for reporting about this situation promptly.
>
> First I guess I should explain everything to you.
> Our company produces webdesign and templates - primary web pages
> with no content. The price of each template is $12.95 so that your
> card was charged for the price of a template bought on our website.
>
> I have a very important question for you:
> Are you sure that nobody but you has access to your credit card
> information(name and number)? You see that if your card was charged
> and you didn't know about that somebody does have your card
> information and can use it. Please check it.
>
> We have already removed the charge you reported. The refund will be
> stated in the account within three or four business days.
>
> Nevertheless I strongly recommend you to call your bank and ask them
> to issue another card for you. Because if your card was once charged
> without your notification there's no guarantee of that the person
> having access to the CC information wouldn't use it again.
> It is also possible that some banking error occured and your card
> was charged by mistake but still please call them and talk it over.
>
> Sincerely,
> Support Team.

Thanks very much for your prompt reply!

Yes, the first thing I did was contact my bank. They are reissuing my
card, but they strongly suggested that I contact you and see if you would
reverse charges before they did anything else about the charge.

I personally know about 10 people who have recently (in February or March)
had fraudulent charges in the amount of 12.95 appear on their statements,
and I've read of others online at sites like "ripoffreport.com". Not all
of these are from your business, but they are all from similar small
companies who sell web templates and logos, and they are all for exactly
12.95. I've also read that several major banks and credit unions have
recently had massive security breaches where the PIN codes for all of
their customers with debit/check cards may have been compromised. It's
very possible that someone is taking advantage of some insecurity on YOUR
site to use you as a "front" for these fraudulent charges - how else would
your business name, phone #, etc, appear on my statement??? (Although, how does that help them if you get the money? I don't know!) Whoever is doing this could be making a LOT of money if enough people fail to
notice/report/contest the relatively small amount of the charge, and they
will be tarnishing your name (and the names of the other companies) as
well. You ought to look into it!

Thank you for reversing the charges promptly.

>>HERE<< (http://www.veganrepresent.com/forums/showthread.php?p=215556) is where I found it. I hope you get your $13 back, it is scary that companies find out our CC info and can charge for stuff like that w/out our permission:mad: Please keep us updated

farmmnger
04-03-2007, 12:01 PM
Thanks for the warning. I also check my statements when I get them carefully.

kyswpgrl
04-03-2007, 03:03 PM
Well this is getting frustrating. I contacted my bank and the charge was made on my debit card and not dh's. The company is located in Larry, GA (where is that?) and she gave me their phone #. I cannot dispute the charge as it's under $25. How convenient. I called the # and immediately got a recording that "all operators are currently busy" and it said to leave a message or email them. I left a message, then emailed them once I returned to work as this was during my lunch. Sooo...I figure I will call and email them every single day until I get a credit on my account. I also need to try and find more info about them to see if I can lodge a complaint.

PrincessArky
04-03-2007, 06:47 PM
Well this is getting frustrating. I contacted my bank and the charge was made on my debit card and not dh's. The company is located in Larry, GA (where is that?) and she gave me their phone #. I cannot dispute the charge as it's under $25. How convenient. I called the # and immediately got a recording that "all operators are currently busy" and it said to leave a message or email them. I left a message, then emailed them once I returned to work as this was during my lunch. Sooo...I figure I will call and email them every single day until I get a credit on my account. I also need to try and find more info about them to see if I can lodge a complaint.

OMG that is freaking unbelievable if I have one penny on mine that wasn't mine I sure as heck wanna dispute it

TxGreek
04-03-2007, 09:50 PM

Ya know.... my bank told me the same thing about charges under $10. I asked if I got hit with a hundred $9 charges, would I still be screwed and she said, "Yes, as long as it's under $10, you're not covered."
I closed my account. :rolleyes:

whatever
04-04-2007, 05:05 PM
can you contact the bbb on this? I would!! this sounds like a big scam. How in the world would the get your info?:eek:

kyswpgrl
04-04-2007, 07:07 PM
I sent them another email today. I finally received a form email exactly like the one posted above. What a bunch of crock. I responded to that email and then went everywhere online filing complaints. I filed with the Better Business Bureau, Federal Trade Commission, Internet Crime Complaint Center, and Ripoff.com. As far as I know this "company" doesn't even exist. I've yet to find any additional info or the website they claim to have.

SLance68
04-06-2007, 02:17 PM
can you contact the bbb on this? I would!! this sounds like a big scam. How in the world would the get your info?:eek:

The BBB will only do something if the company is a member of the BBB. Oh wait they will harrass the crap out of them to join the BBB but they cannot force the company to do anything since they are not members.

killbarney
04-07-2007, 08:47 PM
Your bank is wrong, keep at them. If you have to go in, go in with printouts showing this company is fraudulent. Get your money back. Then find a bank that cares about you.

ETA-also, go to your district attorney, take the printouts, your statements and tell them that you understand that you alone don't account for much but you'll just be a drop in the bucket ;) Go to the media to warn others.

abaker
04-10-2007, 01:25 PM
I got hit as well. $12.95 on Apr 2nd for Success Logos. The phone number my bank gave me just says the mail box is full.

kyswpgrl
04-10-2007, 01:46 PM
I got hit as well. $12.95 on Apr 2nd for Success Logos. The phone number my bank gave me just says the mail box is full.

I just tried calling and got the same message. I don't know if it would help any, but the email they gave on the prerecorded message is support@successlogos.com. I have emailed them numerous times though and have only received the one response on 4/4/07. I still don't have a refund showing up in my account and there's no other way to contact this "company".

Quaker_Parrots
04-10-2007, 03:08 PM
Their website: http://successlogos.com/ looks like they sell website templates.

Refund policy: http://www.successlogos.com/refund.php

Contact us
Success Logo's LLC
successlogos.com

Phone/Fax:
+1-(706)-413-5433

Support e-mail:
support@successlogos.com
or: http://www.successlogos.com/help.php

other people scammed: http://www.robertkbrown.com/2005/10/11/digital_age_update.html

whatever
04-10-2007, 04:09 PM
WHAT WOULD THIS HAVE BEEN FROM ANYWAY. I MEAN HOW DID THEY GET YOUR DEBIT OR CC NUMBERS:confused:

kyswpgrl
04-10-2007, 04:46 PM
Quaker ~ How did you find all of that info? I did several searches online for a few days and could never find anything aside from another message board with the same complaint. Then again, I never typed in successlogos.com. LOL Did you notice how there isn't any "about us" or a physical address to contact the company?

I use my debit card for 99.9% of my purchases, so there's absolutely no telling where someone got it. I know for a fact though that I have never visited that site or bought a website template.

Quaker_Parrots
04-10-2007, 05:21 PM
I also did a reverse directory on that Phone number posted on the website, and all I could find was that it is a landline in Rome Georgia through this company(I assume it is like Vonage or Charter, it does Voip service) http://www.broadwing.com/

Here is the info listed on the reverse lookup: http://www.whitepages.com/10715/search/ReversePhone?phone=706-413-5433
(706) 413-5433
Type: Land Line
Provider: Broadwing Communicaitons, Llc

Is that the same # that you had?

Quaker_Parrots
04-10-2007, 05:40 PM
Want some info on who owns that website? Hope this helps you. Hmmmmm the valid ph# she has listed here is a Little Rock Arkansas #

http://www.networksolutions.com/whois/results.jsp?domain=successlogos.com

=-=-=-=
Visit AboutUs.org for more information about SUCCESSLOGOS.COM
AboutUs: SUCCESSLOGOS.COM

Registration Service Provided By: NameCheap.com

Domain name: SUCCESSLOGOS.COM

Registrant Contact:
KMN
Dorothy Bryant (mrsdorothy_bryant@yahoo.com)
+1.5016387564
Fax: +1.5555555555
RR 2 BOX 80A
Leary, GA 39862-9606
US

Administrative Contact:
KMN
+1.5016387564
RR 2 BOX 80A
Leary, GA 39862-9606
US

Technical Contact:
KMN
+1.5016387564
RR 2 BOX 80A
Leary, GA 39862-9606
US

Name Servers:
ns3.jaguarpc.net
ns4.jaguarpc.net

Creation date: 21 Dec 2006 23:37:33
Expiration date: 21 Dec 2007 23:37:33
=-=-=-=
The data in this whois database is provided to you for information
purposes only, that is, to assist you in obtaining information about or
related to a domain name registration record. We make this information
available "as is," and do not guarantee its accuracy. By submitting a
whois query, you agree that you will use this data only for lawful
purposes and that, under no circumstances will you use this data to: (1)
enable high volume, automated, electronic processes that stress or load
this whois database system providing you this information; or (2) allow,
enable, or otherwise support the transmission of mass unsolicited,
commercial advertising or solicitations via direct mail, electronic
mail, or by telephone. The compilation, repackaging, dissemination or
other use of this data is expressly prohibited without prior written
consent from us.

We reserve the right to modify these terms at any time. By submitting
this query, you agree to abide by these terms.
Version 6.3 4/3/2002

The previous information has been obtained either directly from the registrant or a registrar of the domain name other than Network Solutions. Network Solutions, therefore, does not guarantee its accuracy or completeness.

Show underlying registry data for this record

Current Registrar: ENOM, INC.
IP Address: 69.73.181.145 (ARIN & RIPE IP search)
IP Location: US(UNITED STATES)-TEXAS-HOUSTON
Lock Status: clientDeleteProhibited
DMOZ no listings
Y! Directory: see listings
Data as of: 14-Jun-2005

Quaker_Parrots
04-10-2007, 05:43 PM
Here is a list of Dorothy Bryants that live in Georgia. http://www.whitepages.com/10001/log_feature/pers_search_w_email/search/FindPerson?firstname_begins_with=1&firstname=dorothy&name=bryant&city_zip=&state_id=GA&default_listing=phone&extra_listing=mixed

Note, the one in Rome (same town the website phone # is located in):

Bryant, Dorothy
612 Hardy Ave SW, Apt B
Rome, GA 30161-4580
(706) 232-6006

And if Zabasearch is correct, this lady is 73 years old, lists her bday as April 1934, so may not be the same person, possible identity theft or a relative of the real scammer?

Quaker_Parrots
04-10-2007, 06:04 PM
The Leary Ga in the domain listed, I get the following info:

Bryant, Richard
RR 2 Box 80(same address)
Leary, GA 39862-9606

(229) 734-4402 This very well could be the true ph# of the owner of that domain- Success logos.

http://www.whitepages.com/10001/log_feature/adv_search_w_email/search/FindPerson?firstname_begins_with=1&firstname=&name=bryant&housenumber=&street=&city_zip=39862-9606&state_id=&default_listing=phone&extra_listing=mixed

kyswpgrl
04-10-2007, 06:34 PM
Wow! Yes, that's the same telephone # that I had and my bank representative had told me it was in GA (thought she said Larry). It says in the WHOIS Search that Dorothy Bryant's phone # is 501-638-7564. I'm not quite sure I'm gutsy enough to call it, but may try tomorrow. It says the IP is in Houston, TX though.

kyswpgrl
04-10-2007, 06:39 PM
Just did a reverse search on that phone # listed for Dorothy Bryant and it is a landline in Little Rock, Arkansas. WTH? Is all of the information fake???

Quaker_Parrots
04-10-2007, 06:49 PM
I believe the IP in TX is just that of the domain server, not the owner of the site.(I could be wrong) You may try contacting them and see if they can help you. Here is their info:
http://www.networksolutions.com/whois/arin-details.jsp?ip=69.73.181.145

Record Type: IP Address

OrgName: Jaguar Technologies LLC
OrgID: JTL-8
Address: 4201 SW Freeway suite#216
City: Houston
StateProv: TX
PostalCode: 77027

NetRange: 69.73.128.0 - 69.73.191.255
CIDR: 69.73.128.0/18
NetName: JAGUAR-TECHNOLOGIES-NOC
NetHandle: NET-69-73-128-0-1
Parent: NET-69-0-0-0-0
NetType: Direct Allocation
NameServer: NS.NOCDIRECT.COM
NameServer: NS2.NOCDIRECT.COM
Comment: NOCDIRECT
RegDate: 2003-11-05
Updated: 2005-04-15

RAbuseHandle: ABUSE370-ARIN
RAbuseName: Abuse
RAbusePhone: +1-713-960-1502
RAbuseEmail: abuse@jaguarpc.com

OrgTechHandle: GL538-ARIN
OrgTechName: Landis, Greg
OrgTechPhone: +1-832-279-5529
OrgTechEmail: greg@jaguarpc.com
Phone: +1-832-279-5529 (Office)
Phone: +1-713-397-8147 (Mobile)
Alt email= admin@jaguarpc.net

kyswpgrl
04-18-2007, 11:49 AM
Just an update ~ Still no refund or response from the company. I contacted my credit union again and found out what I had to do to file fraud charges and get my money back. First I have to file a local police report, fill out some paperwork and have it notarized, and then the bank will credit my account the $12.95. Maybe tomorrow during lunch I'll have time to go file the report. Oh and I finally cancelled my debit card and it will be 1-2 weeks before I get a new one. Such a PITA!

Berkley69
04-19-2007, 10:11 AM
It's so easy (so they say) for thieves to get your info, but then for you to make it right and get your own money back it sure is a pita, what a stupid world we live in....:confused:

Ga-PEACH
04-19-2007, 11:13 AM
Just an update ~ Still no refund or response from the company. I contacted my credit union again and found out what I had to do to file fraud charges and get my money back. First I have to file a local police report, fill out some paperwork and have it notarized, and then the bank will credit my account the $12.95. Maybe tomorrow during lunch I'll have time to go file the report. Oh and I finally cancelled my debit card and it will be 1-2 weeks before I get a new one. Such a PITA!

First off I feel for you, nothing sucks more than having your hard earned cash be taken from you without your approval. Secondly, this is for everybody who has responded that their banks will not refund you if under $10, that is a load of crap. What good is your bank if they do not protect you completely? Change banks and find a bank who cares. I had a similar situation for $7.99 for an account which I had closed and they charged me again and again, I called my bank they issued a credit immediately(it hit 12 a.m. the next morning) and they also blocked any and all charges from this particular company so that they could not do this again in the future.

Berkley69
04-19-2007, 11:21 AM
Sounds like you got a good bank, would you recommend a small hometown or a big chain bank GAPeach?

Ga-PEACH
04-19-2007, 11:24 AM
Sounds like you got a good bank, would you recommend a small hometown or a big chain bank GAPeach?

Hi, we had a hometown bank and they screwed us royally so we went with a big chain bank, Bank of America to be exact and they have been awesome. This of course is just my opinion, but I have not had a single problem with them whatsoever.

Berkley69
04-19-2007, 11:31 AM
I've heard good and bad about both, bottom line is banks are gonna get their money someway or another.

kyswpgrl
04-19-2007, 03:27 PM
I have a university credit union. I have been with them 11 years and never had issues...at least nothing that was their fault. My dh works at Chase bank and had an account with them when we married, but he closed it so we could have a joint account through my credit union. I'm really not too fond of Chase other than it provides my dh's paycheck. LOL