PDA

View Full Version : Just need to vent...

Out2Lunch
03-30-2007, 03:25 PM
My Dh has been sending out resumes all over and applying for jobs etc. He DOES have a job thank goodness! But, his step-father just called and said he got a job at the hospital(not the greatest job, but hey....). His SD has not had a job in about 2 years b/c the plant he worked for shut down and then his father passed away and he got an inheritance. Anyway, DH is such a good worker. He has his college degree and plans to start nursing school after he completes the 3 classes he needs to get in....starting this summer. He is the most dedicated person to his work and ANY company would be lucky to have him. He will NOT take off from work etc. I guess I have started rambling......

My point is, when does all of DH's hard work pay off??? There isn't much work here and we know that, but it is where dh is from and we want to stay here if possible. I just wish he could get a job that he is happy with and that will support us until he is out of school. *sigh*

....gotta keep my chin up dont I???.....

jedmatters
03-30-2007, 04:34 PM
When my husband went back to school (full-time) and took a career change, he worked on the bottom of the ladder at a school (as a para-professional). That meant a salary cut, but his dream was to teach and this was a way into a school.
I went back to work. I was a housewife, and his dream just seemed more important to me than me staying home. My income was actually more than his for a time. I have a degree, and knew it was important to our children that they see me support him in his goals.
Now, I love my job. Our children have us home more often. Daddy is home when school is out, unless it is an inservice day. And, feel ike his degree is partial due to my sacrifice as well as his.

What I saying, is... maybe you coud help out in the financial areas while he pursues his dream. That may take some of the stress off his shoulders and make the search a little easier for him.

Out2Lunch
03-30-2007, 06:52 PM
Actually, I agree with you! I'd love to work and had planned to have a job by now, but my car is out of commission:( DH's job prevents us from sharing the car b/c he works odd hours. We are working on getting me another car. Anyhow...I just want HIM to be happy, you know?? He works so hard....:)