PDA

View Full Version : I am so pissed

PrincessArky
03-25-2007, 03:15 PM
We have all seen those ppl who do NOT use car seats and they drive all over the place and they are never even pulled over apparently or they wouldn't do it all the time.........well on Friday my 3 yr old was in the truck w/her dad (along w/our 2 yr old) and she managed to get her arms out (still buckled in the car seat) and held them up just as a state trooper went passed and he gave my hubby a ticket for having NO car seat. He then gave him a warning for a crack in the windshield on the passengers side no where near the driver's vision.

kyswpgrl
03-25-2007, 03:35 PM
Ugh! Yeah, I hate seeing people driving around without their kids in seatbelts. There's been a time or two I've been tempted to call the cops on them, but then I think what good would it really do? Just hope they didn't wind up having to learn the hard way. That's crazy about your daughter though. Even if she had her hands in the air it wouldn't mean she wasn't buckled in. And of course there's no way to prove she was restrained, albeit improperly. A toddler can easily undo themselves though. I had a helluva time with my kids when they were that age keeping them in their carseats.

PrincessArky
03-25-2007, 03:44 PM
yeah I couldnt believe he got a ticket freaked me out to say the least since she was in the seat only thing out were her hands.......guess from now on we will have to put her in so tight that she cant do anything other than breath just in case that cop is around or something and he sees her head move lol

evrita
03-25-2007, 07:30 PM
Im going out on the limb here being the bad guy because if your DD arms were out then if he had to make a quick stop then your DD couldve ended up with whiplash shaken baby syndrome or much worse. What about if he was rearended she couldve ended up flying out of the car seat it can happen.

You know they dont like to give tickets and if that tropper went home feeling that he mightve saved one life today after seeing 10 lost inculding one your childs age then I am sure it was aburden off his\her shoulders.

I am sorry you got the ticket but I am glad now the trooper has done what they set out to do you will be tighten your child in and watching more closley so you can enjoy her for more days to come.

Steping off my soap box now.

cpbaby
03-25-2007, 07:52 PM
We had a HORRIBLE time with Sophie pushing the chest restraint down, then escaping. I put her in the seat, fastened her in, marked where the chest restraint should be, and then sewed flat buttons on the straps under the restraint. VOILA! no more escaping and the belt was not comprimised. Lots of hollering, though.

mochamouse
03-25-2007, 08:33 PM
I find the title of this post offensive.Why do people have to be so crude? If you are angry,can you not reach deeper into the recesses of your brain and use a word like Outraged?

cpbaby
03-25-2007, 08:43 PM
I find the title of this post offensive.Why do people have to be so crude? If you are angry,can you not reach deeper into the recesses of your brain and use a word like Outraged?

If you do not like something someone does on here, you can put the poster on ignore so you cant see any posts by that person OR you can just use your back button and leave the thread. There is no call for being ugly, this is the Vent/Whine forum for a reason.

tnfuhs
03-26-2007, 04:42 PM
My kids were constantly getting that buckle undone so they could move, I had a heck of a time, and was half tempted to even stop the police myself and have the cop talk to them, just to scare them a little bit, but then gave it second thoughts and didn't go that way, since most cops don't like scaring little kids anyways. In regards to the title of your post, I would have said pissed too...we all have days like that....

mochamouse
03-26-2007, 07:08 PM
If you do not like something someone does on here, you can put the poster on ignore so you cant see any posts by that person OR you can just use your back button and leave the thread. There is no call for being ugly, this is the Vent/Whine forum for a reason.

The definition of vent:give often vigorous or emotional expression to

whine:to utter a high-pitched plaintive or distressed cry

Nope,didn't see the word VULGAR in either one of those definitions.

The use of that foul word is UGLY.Being able to discipline oneself for the benefit of others is the very essence of maturity

PrincessArky
03-26-2007, 08:03 PM
mochamouse you must not be TOO offended since you did come in and post here :rolleyes:

bpl76
03-26-2007, 08:20 PM
mochamouse you must not be TOO offended since you did come in and post here :rolleyes:

:D :D :D

msginna
03-26-2007, 08:31 PM

lololol :D

Charley01
03-26-2007, 11:03 PM

Seem like to me, mochamouse, being that you are new here , BBS forums may not be for you, if you are that easily offended. Ever heard of freedom of speech? After all this is still the United States of America. If you don't believe it, just ask a parent of a fallen soldier.
AND....this is "vent and whine" (exactly what PrincessArky was doing) NOT "do you know your definitions" LOL

Oh, and we don't have to be mature on here, no where in the rules does it say so!

Willow
03-27-2007, 06:08 AM
The definition of vent:give often vigorous or emotional expression to

whine:to utter a high-pitched plaintive or distressed cry

Nope,didn't see the word VULGAR in either one of those definitions.

The use of that foul word is UGLY.Being able to discipline oneself for the benefit of others is the very essence of maturity

Swearing is allowed here so maybe you should find another board where it isn't if it bothers you so much.

pepperpot
03-27-2007, 06:11 AM
You mean she was being vulgar:eek:, I just thought she had a bladder control problem...:p

Willow
03-27-2007, 06:15 AM

http://www.bigbigforums.com/hey-how-things-off-topic-chat/525912-new-forum-management.html

This was written by an admin. It's the 7th post down.

"We are going to make some rule changes and adjustments, but keep it fun, safe and best of all FREE for everyone to use and enjoy. Although we are going to allow a more lax/laid back no real censorship (profanity allowed), there will be a custom control for everyone to have that will censor material they may find offensive".

mochamouse
03-27-2007, 06:17 AM
Terms and Conditions for BigBigSavings Forums. Please read fully and understand

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use the BigBigSavings Forums to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law

THERE IS THAT WORD VULGAR AGAIN !

The following is strictly prohibited on the BigBigSavings Forums and may result in immediate account suspension and/or removal of posts:

Posting post any profanity (harsh or mild) in the TOPIC/SUBJECT of your post

PrincessArky
03-27-2007, 06:18 AM
You mean she was being vulgar:eek:, I just thought she had a bladder control problem...:p

after 4 kids you know lol

Willow
03-27-2007, 06:19 AM

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use the BigBigSavings Forums to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law

The following is strictly prohibited on the BigBigSavings Forums and may result in immediate account suspension and/or removal of posts:

This was written by an admin. It's the 7th post down.

"We are going to make some rule changes and adjustments, but keep it fun, safe and best of all FREE for everyone to use and enjoy. Although we are going to allow a more lax/laid back no real censorship (profanity allowed), there will be a custom control for everyone to have that will censor material they may find offensive".

It also said this....

Rules are subject to change without notice.

galeane29
03-27-2007, 06:20 AM
So what she said "pissed" if you didnt like it , you could have bypassed the thread, why ruin somone elses post thread for you to complain about the choice of word they chose to use about how they feel.
Get over it, nobody else seems to mind, I for one dont cuz I sure get pissed at times.

mochamouse
03-27-2007, 06:22 AM
Swearing is allowed here so maybe you should find another board where it isn't if it bothers you so much.

I think you had better read the rules of conduct.Swearing is prohibited.

Willow
03-27-2007, 06:23 AM
I think you had better read the rules of conduct.Swearing is prohibited.

I am a moderator so I think I would know. Did you bother to read what I copied and pasted?

pepperpot
03-27-2007, 06:24 AM
According to Miss Manners....

Correcting others is a rude action done on purpose.

mochamouse
03-27-2007, 06:26 AM
I feel it's great to be able to vent and whine,but you can't break the rules of this forum to do so.

If you would just read the rules of conduct,swearing,vulgarity and the use of obscenities are prohibited. Some of you who think you have freedom of speech still have to follow rules of CONDUCT. Thems the rules.

Willow
03-27-2007, 06:26 AM
According to Miss Manners....

princessarky I'm sorry your thread has turned out this way. It's just annoying when someone comes on here and complains about something like this when they should be spending their energy complaing about things that matter. :mad:

galeane29
03-27-2007, 06:27 AM
I feel it's great to be able to vent and whine,but you can't break the rules of this forum to do so.

If you would just read the rules of conduct,swearing,vulgarity and the use of obscenities are prohibited. Some of you who think you have freedom of speech still have to follow rules of CONDUCT. Thems the rules.

saying PISSED ....its not cursing, since when is that a curse word cuz if it is....i'm so going to hell

PrincessArky
03-27-2007, 06:29 AM

princessarky I'm sorry your thread has turned out this way. It's just annoying when someone comes on here and complains about something like this when they should be spending their energy complaing about things that matter. :mad:

ah no worries........we all know that not all of us have much of a life (yeah I admit even me lol) so they have to come and try to rip someone so far it has been a bit entertaining........as for my being pissed lol well I am so over that now anyway :)

YankeeMary
03-27-2007, 06:56 AM
[QUOTE=mochamouse;95550660]Terms and Conditions for BigBigSavings Forums. Please read fully and understand

/QUOTE]

The key word here being "may". Not only that who is to judge that "piss" is a vulgar word? Its only vulgar if you throw it on someone or drink it. :eek:

Tasha405
03-27-2007, 07:41 AM
Wow, I never knew that saying pissed was so vulgar. :confused:

But anyway.... its better to be pissed off than pissed on.

LuvBigRip
03-27-2007, 08:20 AM

The rules have changed, live goes on. Have a drink and go get pissed, meant in the purely british sense of course. :rolleyes:

msginna
03-27-2007, 08:45 AM
Well being pissy here is quite first nature to me. I guess getting older explains a lot of pissing when I don't want to. Oh and instead of getting pissed by naughty words just alert the mods and leave, otherwise you could look quite pissy yurself, talking to everyone here of course.

Heidi
03-27-2007, 08:56 AM
Back to the original post..... When we lived in VA I saw babies/kids unbuckled and standing and playing around in cars ALL THE TIME. Use to drive me insane. Here in WA I pretty much never see it. People keep their kids in boosters up until they are 8 or 9 years old, depending on height and weight. when my daughter was much younger she would wiggle or unbuckle her arms out of the 5 pt. harness. I bought this ginormous safety pin and fastened it right at chest level and she couldn't escape anymore.

pepperpot
03-27-2007, 09:48 AM
There was a movie a few years back with Rosie Perez and Nick Cage...it really hits home about child seats. Can't remember the name of it but it was a good movie, makes you cry....worth seeing though.

Willow
03-27-2007, 10:30 AM
The rules have changed, live goes on. Have a drink and go get pissed, meant in the purely british sense of course. :rolleyes:

Sounds like she needs a wank as well. :D :D :D

YankeeMary
03-27-2007, 11:12 AM

You are such a bugger!!! LOL :D

PrincessArky
03-27-2007, 11:36 AM
Back to the original post..... When we lived in VA I saw babies/kids unbuckled and standing and playing around in cars ALL THE TIME. Use to drive me insane. Here in WA I pretty much never see it. People keep their kids in boosters up until they are 8 or 9 years old, depending on height and weight. when my daughter was much younger she would wiggle or unbuckle her arms out of the 5 pt. harness. I bought this ginormous safety pin and fastened it right at chest level and she couldn't escape anymore.

yeah well I gotta figure something out I can't believe she got her arms out....she was hooked in at the bottom and the seat was hooked into the car...just wish they had a ticket for being stupid rather than hubby havent to say he had NO car seat when everyone that knows us knows that kids are in car seats and anyone that ever rides w/us in a seat belt or they don't ride w/us. I know the booster seat thing here is they have to be in until they are at least either 80lbs or 4'9" (My oldest just now are tall enough to seat in a real seat and they are ages 9 and 11 lol) so I bet that is gonna be fun yet again lol

LuvBigRip
03-27-2007, 11:40 AM

LOL.....a good one.

freeby4me
03-27-2007, 11:40 AM
Back a couple of years ago my son thought it would be funny to unbuckle the seatbelt while we were driving down the road (it was a side road, not much traffic) well my grandma was driving and she SLAMMED on the brakes and pulled off to the side of the road and I got out and spanked his butt and yelled at him somethin fierce. Im not usually as hard on him but thats way too dangerous to play games with and luckily for me it did teach him, he dont unbuckle until the car is OFF!! LOL.

PrincessArky
03-27-2007, 11:44 AM

OMG now you are sounding like hubby......when someone pisses him off he always calls them a wanker lol

suprtruckr
03-27-2007, 12:38 PM
There was a movie a few years back with Rosie Perez and Nick Cage...it really hits home about child seats. Can't remember the name of it but it was a good movie, makes you cry....worth seeing though.

hey pepper it was jeff bridges not nick cage the movie was fearless
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0106881/
i loved that movie and the tool box explanation

pepperpot
03-27-2007, 12:48 PM
hey pepper it was jeff bridges not nick cage the movie was fearless
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0106881/
i loved that movie and the tool box explanation

That's it! Could have sworn it was Cage tho, anywho....I think they should make every parent watch this before they are allowed to take their infant home from the hospital.

Thanks Super~!;)

migirlfriday
03-28-2007, 07:38 AM
This made me think of the time that I broad-sided a car that had a 2 year old little girl standing up in the back seat. Luckily she was not hurt even though both cars were totalled.

I understand being mad about the ticket (believe me I have had one I didn't feel was justified). Just feel better knowing that at least that particular officer is looking for children not in car seats and maybe he will eventually catch some of those people that do not follow the law.

PrincessArky
03-28-2007, 12:11 PM
This made me think of the time that I broad-sided a car that had a 2 year old little girl standing up in the back seat. Luckily she was not hurt even though both cars were totalled.

I understand being mad about the ticket (believe me I have had one I didn't feel was justified). Just feel better knowing that at least that particular officer is looking for children not in car seats and maybe he will eventually catch some of those people that do not follow the law.

yeah I just wonder how many went passed that weren't even in a seat :( took the kiddies to town today and now they are in there so tight I barely got them clicked in lol

dlwt
03-28-2007, 12:38 PM

LOL if you find that vulgar or profane. She was not outraged she was pissed off LOL

PrincessArky
07-12-2007, 11:01 AM
Hey forgot to update this one my son graduated 6th grade as an honor grad, he got about 7 awards including the Presidential award......he was even a speaker at graduation :)

And YES he got that pc...........hubby was even the one that went to the store and picked it up, hooked it up in his room, and going to hook in up the the net as soon as we finish the addition we are doing on the house :)

BeanieLuvR
07-12-2007, 11:30 AM
Congrats on your son doing so good in school. You must be very proud of him. I am glad he got his pc. :) Also glad to hear that your husband came around.

PrincessArky
07-12-2007, 11:33 AM
Congrats on your son doing so good in school. You must be very proud of him. I am glad he got his pc. :) Also glad to hear that your husband came around.

me too, I think when I put my foot down finally about the pc our relationship sort of hit level ground thankfully :)

ahippiechic
07-12-2007, 11:49 AM
Hey forgot to update this one my son graduated 6th grade as an honor grad, he got about 7 awards including the Presidential award......he was even a speaker at graduation :)

And YES he got that pc...........hubby was even the one that went to the store and picked it up, hooked it up in his room, and going to hook in up the the net as soon as we finish the addition we are doing on the house :)

That's great news, tell him congrats from us here!

PrincessArky
07-12-2007, 11:54 AM
That's great news, tell him congrats from us here!

thanx will do :)

YankeeMary
07-12-2007, 12:58 PM
http://www.bahamascope.net/community/images/smilies/New_emoticon_-_PEE.gif

PrincessArky
07-12-2007, 06:45 PM
http://www.bahamascope.net/community/images/smilies/New_emoticon_-_PEE.gif

:rules

:rofl:

Lasher
07-12-2007, 06:49 PM
Wow, I never knew that saying pissed was so vulgar. :confused:

But anyway.... its better to be pissed off than pissed on.

That's for damn sure.

kimp67
07-14-2007, 05:03 AM

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!

MistyWolf
07-17-2007, 11:09 PM
OK, how in Sam hell did I miss this one??? .. lol. Since when is pissed a vulgar word? OMG .. lighten up hunny!

I used to tell my kids when they were in car seats and tried the getting out tricks that the police were going to pull mommy over and take her to jail so don't unbuckle .. lol. And, it worked .. they didn't play around.

And congrats to your son! :star:

PrincessArky
07-18-2007, 05:30 AM
OK, how in Sam hell did I miss this one??? .. lol. Since when is pissed a vulgar word? OMG .. lighten up hunny!

I used to tell my kids when they were in car seats and tried the getting out tricks that the police were going to pull mommy over and take her to jail so don't unbuckle .. lol. And, it worked .. they didn't play around.

And congrats to your son! :star:

you know that one works for me but never seems to works for dad BUT I bet it does now

Hey you wanna here something really funny???? I thought I was updating the post about my son's graduation and the pc that my hubby was against I came into the wrong one with the update..........god do I feel stupid lol

Quaker_Parrots
07-18-2007, 11:26 AM
you know that one works for me but never seems to works for dad BUT I bet it does now

Hey you wanna here something really funny???? I thought I was updating the post about my son's graduation and the pc that my hubby was against I came into the wrong one with the update..........god do I feel stupid lol

Want me to be completely honest? When I saw your update to this post, I kinda wondered what you might have been smoking, and what the chances were for you sharing, lol.

PrincessArky
07-18-2007, 11:34 AM
Want me to be completely honest? When I saw your update to this post, I kinda wondered what you might have been smoking, and what the chances were for you sharing, lol.

lol just some cheap butt ciggies here........supposed to be filled w/tobacco but maybe they gave me something else lol