PDA

View Full Version : Crime Map

okie
03-25-2007, 01:53 PM
There used to be a link on here where you could go and track different crimes in your neighborhood and I can't find it. Can someone help me, thanks.

stresseater
03-25-2007, 05:55 PM
Hope this helps I doubt it's the one you were thinking of but it might work for ya. ;) :D

YankeeMary
03-25-2007, 07:07 PM
Hope this helps I doubt it's the one you were thinking of but it might work for ya. ;) :D

Am I missing something here???

mamalamas
03-25-2007, 07:12 PM
Am I missing something here???

I came back to see if the link would be posted ... I guess I am missing something too! :eek:

okie
03-26-2007, 06:35 PM
Anyone else have a link lol?

Katt
03-26-2007, 06:38 PM
Okie, you can go to the news stations websites and type in your zip. I know the one with Linda C. has a crime map on their page. I think channel 9 has one also.

TxGreek
03-26-2007, 06:53 PM
Can no one else see the link posted by stresseater? ;)

http://www.mapsexoffenders.com/

stresseater
03-26-2007, 06:55 PM
Am I missing something here??? No I don't think so, Okie was asking for a link that was posted here in the past and although the link I posted isn't it I thought the link I provided might be of some help. ;) ;) Edited to add OH CRAP now I see the link isn't there LOL sorry bout that. I don't know where it went. http://www.newsok.com/news/crime/
There's channel 9 if I didn't mess it up. Here is the link I sent originally http://www.ojp.usdoj.gov/nij/maps/links.html
I wasn't sure if you were closer to OKC or Tulsa. ;)

TxGreek
03-26-2007, 06:57 PM
N I don't think so, Okie was asking for a link that was posted here in the past and although the link I posted isn't it I thought the link I provided might be of some help. ;) ;)

I think that's why everyone's confused. We don't see a link.

okie
03-26-2007, 09:23 PM
I forgot all about them having that on their website, thanks. I have searched Google and couldn't find anything. Just for sex offenders. I'm trying to convince my husband that we need to move lol. I live in Del City and the crime is unreal here. He thinks that everywhere has the same crime rate as us and I'm trying to prove him wrong lol. Today, there was a shooting not too far from us. Then this past weekend someone went around slashing tires in the neighborhood, ours included. This makes the second time his tires on the truck were slashed and his window was broke out to steal a cheap radio. This all in a year or so. So I'm thinking about moving when I get out of school.

TxGreek
03-27-2007, 10:54 AM
I forgot all about them having that on their website, thanks. I have searched Google and couldn't find anything. Just for sex offenders. I'm trying to convince my husband that we need to move lol. I live in Del City and the crime is unreal here. He thinks that everywhere has the same crime rate as us and I'm trying to prove him wrong lol. Today, there was a shooting not too far from us. Then this past weekend someone went around slashing tires in the neighborhood, ours included. This makes the second time his tires on the truck were slashed and his window was broke out to steal a cheap radio. This all in a year or so. So I'm thinking about moving when I get out of school.

Wow, that's crazy. Guys tend to be macho and think they can fight off the common criminal (or is it just my guy who thinks this way?). :p I hope you can talk him into moving.

stresseater
03-27-2007, 05:51 PM
yeah I heard about the shooting on Scott and I-40 last night. I don't blame you for wanting out of Del City. It is a more dangerous part of the OKC metro. I'd check out Moore,Choctaw, Harrah or parts further east. Even as far out as Shawnee is not much of an inconvenience for people who like to be in the big city but hate the crime associated with it. Good luck. ;)

buttrfli
03-27-2007, 06:52 PM
I want out of here so bad I can't stand it.

okie
03-27-2007, 08:49 PM
I've been pushing the moving for awhile now. Even more so the past few days since all this crap here lately. I don't think he wants to move because his family lives close by. That's a whole other story and I want away from them also lol. His excuse is that if we move somewhere nice they will be breaking into our home. I told him they do that here already. It's not just cars. Stresseater, I live not too far from there. It may just come down to giving him an ultimatum. Once I finish school and get a job there won't be any reason we can't afford a nicer place. Choctaw and Harrah are actually two towns that I thought about. I have a sister in Choctaw and my aunt lived in Harrah until a few years ago and neither of them have ever had any problems.