PDA

View Full Version : National Free Stuff

sandy66
03-22-2007, 05:19 PM
Check out this site.This is what the magazine article states. Get what you need absolutely free? Yes! Go to www.freecycle.org, an online nationwide forum that lets people in different areas of the country list various things they want to give away. (This sounds like some fun for a change.) : The rule is Everything must be free! Don't see what you're looking for? Post your own "wanted" message and wait for the e-mails to pour in! :eek:

Bbylakmom
03-22-2007, 06:07 PM
I am a member of the Salina,Ks Freecycle..what a great way to get and get rid of things your just having laying around...Great Post

gypsyjo
03-22-2007, 06:15 PM
I am a member in Toledo, OH. It's a great site, lotta fun. It's just a pain when you offer something, people say they want it and then never show up to get it. But that's not freecycle's fault.

skyrider
03-22-2007, 06:23 PM
freecycle has been a lifeline for me. I have furnished an apt with it. I furnished someone elses when i had to move. It has given me food when i had gone hungry for about a week. Got me an aquarium and all the equipment and a printer so i can work from home. It is now helping me clean this apt of stuff the former tenent left. The lady that came to furnish her apt with my stuff happened to have a truck. heard me trying to find a truck or a van to move my stuff to storage. She tells me "Look i have a truck and 3 helpful kids, lets move your stuff first and then get the stuff your giving me" She was wonderful. I have met some of the nicest people and have made quite a few new friends through it:)

mrs_boydston
03-22-2007, 10:26 PM
I'm a member of my local Freecycle group.You would be amazed some of the things people will just give away.

amterrien
03-23-2007, 10:10 AM
I am a member of a bunch of different freecycle groups in WI also. They are nice to have and work with.

tljohn123
03-23-2007, 10:31 AM
I am a member of the Champaign, IL freecycle, and I too have met quite a few people, a few have become very good friends. We've recieved so many nice things...have recieved a few not so nice things as well. I am grateful to all these people out there that are so helpful, espicially when you really need it.

magickay
03-23-2007, 09:52 PM
Great organization! I'm in a Freecycle group in central Texas. Got some very nice pieces of exotic hardwoods for a woodworking friend, and am putting together my list of things to start giving away :-)

stampdog
03-24-2007, 10:56 AM
i'll look it over thanks

OutspokenR
03-25-2007, 12:19 PM
I've been on freecycle for several years and love it. Not only can you get a lot of stuff free, it's great for passing stuff on that you can't use anymore. I've gotten rid of a ton of stuff this way (the rest goes to charity).

hhetchler
03-25-2007, 04:39 PM
thank-you

buglebe
03-26-2007, 06:10 PM
Yep, I'm a free cycler too.