PDA

View Full Version : For what it is worth???

squirt661
03-22-2007, 04:06 PM
I thought this forum was to thank the multitude of posters with a reply who work really hard keeping this the best site around, instead of just saying a plain thank you and gaining 4737 replies with just a thank you. This poster just clicks on and says thank you, thank you, etc. Maybe I am just having a bad day, but this certain person with no pros or cons to add, insists on just saying thank you without any input. I know I am going to hear about this, and thats OK, but it does bother me when all other posters do offer an input. Thanks for listening :) .

freeby4me
03-22-2007, 04:13 PM
I do know what you are saying, I personally have prolly only added maybe 20 freebies over the years but I do hope I add more else-where on the board. One thing you may want to consider though (which might help) is that when someone says Thank You, not only are they Thanking the OP for posting it but also, they are putting it on record sort of speak. When you recieve a freebie and dont remember signing up, you can go back through your own posts and see a "thank you" therefore remembering that you yourself actually ordered it!!

loveswolfs
03-22-2007, 04:32 PM
What if i dont have any more to say than just thank you :confused: Does that mean i cant say ty any more ? Or am i reading what the OP said wrong?

~Pinkie~
03-22-2007, 04:43 PM
Personally I would rather see just a plain Thank You than some of these very negative posts from some people who seem ungrateful just because someone makes a mistake.
I know there are times that I leave input and then there are times just a Thank You because I want the OP to know that I appreciate the post rather it's a good post or a bad post.
Are you meaning a specific person or several people?

Anig2u
03-22-2007, 05:02 PM
thank you!

Maybe someone is having a bad day, nothing wrong with saying thank you as far as I can see. Can think of worse things to say and it is not a requirement to imput or add anything on this board, so carry on is what i say~! I however would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone and say a big hello~! :)

bnc14048
03-22-2007, 05:22 PM
Ahhhhhhhh its ok...

whatever
03-22-2007, 05:34 PM
Personally I would rather see just a plain Thank You than some of these very negative posts from some people who seem ungrateful just because someone makes a mistake.
I know there are times that I leave input and then there are times just a Thank You because I want the OP to know that I appreciate the post rather it's a good post or a bad post.

I'm with you. Sometimes the negativey gets a little out of hand. I agree with the op a tiny bit, but sometimes a simple thank you is just fine to. It also keeps it bumped for those of us who may have missed it. Like me who doesn't always see something the first time around.:rolleyes: My fault though, their are days when i'm in a hurry, and time is limited. so i'm myself might even just say a simple ty;) (ps, if you are singling someone out i think i just saw who it is and it won't be long before they figure it out, and it will hurt their feeling:(, noticed the number on another post here)

Anig2u
03-22-2007, 05:49 PM
I'm with you. Sometimes the negativey gets a little out of hand. I agree with the op a tiny bit, but sometimes a simple thank you is just fine to. It also keeps it bumped for those of us who may have missed it. Like me who doesn't always see something the first time around.:rolleyes: My fault though, their are days when i'm in a hurry, and time is limited. so i'm myself might even just say a simple ty;) (ps, if you are singling someone out i think i just saw who it is and it won't be long before they figure it out, and it will hurt their feeling:(, noticed the number on another post here)

i dont think any negativity will do anyone any good. just have fun, watch out for the spamming and stay safe!;)

jnc880
03-22-2007, 06:12 PM
thank you!

Maybe someone is having a bad day, nothing wrong with saying thank you as far as I can see. Can think of worse things to say and it is not a requirement to imput or add anything on this board, so carry on is what i say~! I however would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone and say a big hello~! :)
:p I wanna shoot out to my sister from another mister !!:p big hi's and lots of hugs thank you muchly :D

jnc880
03-22-2007, 06:37 PM
my momma always said life was like a box full of chocolate ... youll never know what ya gonna get. I never could understand why momma would say I was one of those chocolates you take a bite out and threw back in the box

taz69
03-22-2007, 07:19 PM
Thank you!:)

ahippiechic
03-22-2007, 08:04 PM
There are a few here who I think do it just to boost their post count.

PJDancer
03-23-2007, 02:08 AM
exactly....squirt i know exactly who and what you are talking about and i totally agree...half the time that person says thank you to freebies that aren't even valid (either ever or have expired)...

PrincessArky
03-23-2007, 04:10 AM
there are lots of things that I dont much like around here like when someone posts a thread about what they got in the mail someone ppl always come in and say what they got never starting their own thread or sending congrats to the op but you know what I do??? Ignore it if I don't like it :)

Julie2763
03-23-2007, 04:41 AM

And then there are people like me that don't even know why the post count matters??? Do you get freebies for high post counts or something?

Julie

SLance68
03-23-2007, 06:52 AM
And then there are people like me that don't even know why the post count matters??? Do you get freebies for high post counts or something?

Julie

No but you would certainly think so. I do know who the OP is referring to and it has been brought to their attention several times to no avail. On another site they had a "thank you" button that you could hit and it would post under the OP thread who had said thank you. I would not add to your "thread count" but was tracked as a "thank you count". I preferred that method a lot - I hate openning a thread to 3 pages of "thank you" - it doesn't really add any info about the product/service offered in the post. JMHO.

Tasha405
03-23-2007, 07:10 AM
Well I'm one of those who just posts Thanks or Thank You for a freebie. I'm just simply thanking them for taking the time to post the freebie. I don't feel I need to say anything else other than that when all I done was clicked a link. What else should we be saying, besides thanks? :confused:

I don't do it to raise my post count though. If I did, you'd see me in every thread on the dang board. LOL I'm hardly ever over in freebies but I will sure post a thanks when I am. :)

Tasha405
03-23-2007, 07:11 AM
On another site they had a "thank you" button that you could hit and it would post under the OP thread who had said thank you. I would not add to your "thread count" but was tracked as a "thank you count". I preferred that method a lot - .

I like that too! :)

dlwt
03-23-2007, 09:47 AM

Julie

I was wondering the same thing?? Is there something going on with posts??

loveswolfs
03-23-2007, 09:49 AM
I remember going down this road once before & because of it i stopped saying TY or No Win every day. Whats next we cant say congrats unless we have 5 more words to say after it :confused: Im sure the person know's its about them & really doesnt care or does it just to bug the hell out of you lol.

tsquared
03-23-2007, 10:29 AM
I was wondering the same thing?? Is there something going on with posts??

yea the first one to hit 100,000 posts gets a lengthy reply list of "Thank Yous"

ahippiechic
03-23-2007, 10:32 AM
I remember going down this road once before & because of it i stopped saying TY or No Win every day. Whats next we cant say congrats unless we have 5 more words to say after it :confused: Im sure the person know's its about them & really doesnt care or does it just to bug the hell out of you lol.

You don't have to stop posting anything. Just like people don't have to posting that it annoys them.

And yes, the person has been told many times, by many people, that it is annoying. So they obviously don't care.

killbarney
03-23-2007, 10:20 PM
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

It's also nice, when you are the OP, to get a TY-to know that others appreciated the time you took to post whatever it is they were able to use. No long, drawn out commentary needed-just a polite TY, something my mother taught me when I was knee-high to a grasshopper :D When someone opens a door for you to walk through, do you stop and have a 10 minute conversation with them or do you say "thank you" and move on?

Rosina823
03-23-2007, 10:30 PM
:D ....Just wanted to get another notch in the post..thank you

mirage7000
03-23-2007, 11:28 PM
Yes I appreciate a thank you if I post something. When you see like a thousand views and only a handful say thanks :confused:

Pepsi4me
03-24-2007, 05:18 AM
Thank you.

He,he,he....:D

irishchick
03-24-2007, 09:19 AM
why does anyone care what others are posting about or not posting ..?
as long as they are not breaking the rules here, being vulgar or something.
LET THEM ALONE
who cares how many posts one has accrued ? thats silly !
just my opinion...

oh and

thank you

Anig2u
03-24-2007, 09:41 AM
you know i think this is the most absurd post, someone complaing that people just say thank you to a post. I mean really there has got to be a lot worse things to say than thank you ...lol and another thing as someone else before mentioned sometimes a thread gets lost because nobody says anything, including not even a thank you, then your missing out on a freebie or an intant win contest. so what the heck people let the thank you's be heard!! lmao Kind of funny cuz the other day I was thinking I need to start saying thank you more often to the people that work really hard on here posting..lol , but I was worried it would bring attention to my name that I dont post much just say thank you a lot. BUT like I said earlier there is no requirements on how many posts you aquire on here so thats just plain dumb. So please to the people that say thank you continue it is a nice sentiment for the people that work hard posting!! I think I will go start a new thread about saying thank you on here, but mine will be a praise not a complaint~!~ :)

Anig2u
03-24-2007, 09:43 AM
OH ya I forgot to say THANK YOU!!! lol

irishchick
03-24-2007, 09:44 AM
lol

ahippiechic
03-24-2007, 09:46 AM
I don't miss out on anything because of no one replying to it. I use the "new posts' button.

Post padding IS annoying, but not the end of the world. And if all you ever post is 'thank you' and post it in almost every thread, then yes, that is post padding. I wish they had the thank you button here too, so people could be thanked with out having 2 pages of just 'thank yous'.

Anig2u
03-24-2007, 10:03 AM
well maybe everyone should stop saying thank you until we get a "thank you" button. I didn't even know there was a "new posts" button. and they have a name for this thank you thing called "post padding" too. guess i am behind on the posting lingo around here lol maybe I will just not saying anything around here I dont want to be know as the girl that always does this or always does that lol im just being a smart ass really dont pay attention to me. to me this is a fun place to go to and i just think that as long as your not breaking any rules then anything goes. its all good :)

BeanieLuvR
03-24-2007, 10:24 AM
I say thank you for any post I sign up for. I don't understand why it would bother someone because I don't have a full conversation over a freebie. I know who the OP is talking about and I honestly don't think they are doing it to pad their post count. I think they do it to be polite to acknowledge the people taking the time to post. It also gives us a record of what we have signed up for. That way if it is reposted I don't try to sign up for it again. Also I think it is simply polite to thank someone for a post that I am using.