PDA

View Full Version : oh ick

tljohn123
03-22-2007, 11:48 AM
We bought a great dinner last night. Kentucky Fried Food Poisoning! All 6 of of us ate it, but only 4 of us had the chicken. And now we're all sick as dogs. Called KFC's corporate office, I'm going to get my money back, also called the health department because I noticed at the rest. last night that NONE of the employees were wearing gloves or hair nets. I observed them slinging raw dripping chicken bags in close proximity to the cooked products and get this! One of employees grabbed some of the cooked food, stuck her fingers in her mouth and back into the food!

I did call the health department and they are going to send out an investigator, but still doesn't help me or my middle boy any! Ok now I wanna go get sick :)

myashley89
03-22-2007, 12:00 PM
Yuck!! I hope you feel better soon!! We just had KFC last week and I tell you I used to love their food, but lately it seems to have gone down hill. Luckily no one here got sick!

sdb_ngc
03-22-2007, 12:03 PM
Had I saw what you saw I would have left!!! I would not have bought anything and then I would have called to report them to the health dept. I hope you all feel better soon.

starlynn
03-22-2007, 12:20 PM
Wow! It's not a law in Illinois for all employees handling food must wear gloves? It is in Wisconsin (as I understand). I hope you all feel better soon. I know what it's like to have food poisioning and sometimes it actually worse than having the flu. I'm glad to hear you contacted the health department. Keep us posted on what happens if you find out.

tljohn123
03-22-2007, 12:58 PM
I also thought it was a law for anyone handling food to wear gloves and hair nets! I know when I worked in a bar 20 odd years ago as a dishwasher I HAD to wear a hair net!
We took the sickest boy to the doctor, just waiting for him to get back, and I'm waiting for my doctor to call me. They said keep pushing liquids, toast that kind of thing. So far I'm keeping the 7 Up down. But my belly ain't liking it too well. I'll keep everyone updated. Prolly won't find out anything much.
But yes, their food is way too expensive and has really gone down hill. I prefer the chicken at Walmart to this lol. Not as expensive! And pretty tasty too. But I don't think we'll be doing fried chicken any time soon.

kyswpgrl
03-22-2007, 01:07 PM
Ummm...if I had witnessed that first hand, I wouldn't have bought it. Much less eaten it.

tljohn123
03-22-2007, 01:16 PM
Ummm...if I had witnessed that first hand, I wouldn't have bought it. Much less eaten it.

They say hind site is 20/20! The people I witnessed doing everything weren't the ones handling my food. I thought mine would have been ok. Last time I try that without saying anything!

girlwithsoul
03-22-2007, 01:46 PM
Just because they didn't put your food in the box doesn't mean they didn't handle it before and during the cooking process.

I also would NEVER have purchased from there.

That being said....I really hope you get through this quickly....food poisoning is NO FUN! :mad:

wyozozo
03-22-2007, 02:10 PM
Had I saw what you saw I would have left!!! I would not have bought anything and then I would have called to report them to the health dept. I hope you all feel better soon.

Ditto!!! There is no way I would have bought food there!

Pepsi4me
03-22-2007, 03:34 PM
NOPE! If I had seen that we would not have gotten food from them.

I hope you all feel better soon.

In NY food handlers(at least in the deli I work at) you have to wear a hair net OR have your hair pulled back with a hat on.

andreame70
03-22-2007, 03:45 PM
Oh no Teresa! Dang, with all you have going on, the last thing that you needed was this. I sure hope you and your family feel better soon.

Andrea

nedthenanite
03-22-2007, 04:16 PM
hope you're feeling better.
one saturday, donna and i went to kfc, and got chicken. i found a hair cooked into my chicken. i thought it was mine at first, because i got the long hair. i looked closer, and i noticed the hair was black.

yikes.

tljohn123
03-22-2007, 04:33 PM
got my money back from KFC, the manager that was there was the most apologetic person I have ever seen. She said she was happy that we called it in..but not happy with what happened with us being sick. The health department is definately involved and will be calling us back tomorrow.

On a side note, Andrea, what time do you go to bed? I'm going to TRY and call tonight...if I don't fall asleep first lol.

andreame70
03-22-2007, 05:35 PM
Hey Teresa. Don't worry about calling tonight. I will probably go to bed here shortly. I worked my butt off today and I am beat. It should be a shorter day for me tomorrow, so I will try and catch you sometime tomorrow afternoon.

Glad you got your money back and hope you feel better real quick. I remember getting food poisoning once when I was a teenager. It is not something I will ever forget. Take care!

Andrea

meep_meep
03-23-2007, 06:19 AM
our kfc/a&W closed because they served people BUCKETS of 1/2 cooked raw chicken. (Including us) well when we got our food to go we went right to the health department with it, and said here, would you eat this.... they took one look and sent someone promptly to go shut them down and investigate. 2 weeks went by, and they never re-opened.

I can completely understand where you're coming from. thats just nasty food prep habits.

tljohn123
03-23-2007, 07:16 AM
Hey Teresa. Don't worry about calling tonight. I will probably go to bed here shortly. I worked my butt off today and I am beat. It should be a shorter day for me tomorrow, so I will try and catch you sometime tomorrow afternoon.

Glad you got your money back and hope you feel better real quick. I remember getting food poisoning once when I was a teenager. It is not something I will ever forget. Take care!

Andrea

every one is starting to feel a bit better thank god. Doc told me to take a phenergran for the nausea and that just knocked me out. Was sleeping most of the day. I have kids to watch all afternoon so I'll be around. Quit working so much dang it! You still going to visit me?

freeplease
03-23-2007, 07:49 AM
I see you're in central IL. Please tell me it wasn't the Ofallon KFC. Please.

dlwt
03-23-2007, 09:41 AM
last time I ate kfc I couldnt even eat a whole piece of chicken, its so awful, it used to be so tasty I couldnt get enough of it, now its just plain nasty

tljohn123
03-23-2007, 10:33 AM
I see you're in central IL. Please tell me it wasn't the Ofallon KFC. Please.

nope, it was in Urbana, Il lol

freeplease
03-23-2007, 10:42 AM
Thank you! lol

It's not like we eat at ours much, but you never know when my DH is going to get a wild hair for extra crispy.;)

eerie777
03-23-2007, 12:56 PM
Gross! I haven't eaten meat in a while do to getting soooo sick after eating it half raw. All I could eat was chicken and lately it seems to taste gross too!

andreame70
03-23-2007, 03:08 PM
Quit working so much dang it! You still going to visit me?

I wish I could quit working so much, but I have to so I can take time off for that vacation. Yep, we are still headed that way the 4th-10th. I promise you, we will get together, even if I have to come and see you in the hospital when you have your surgery. What time is good to call you this evening?

Andrea

tljohn123
03-23-2007, 03:33 PM
I wish I could quit working so much, but I have to so I can take time off for that vacation. Yep, we are still headed that way the 4th-10th. I promise you, we will get together, even if I have to come and see you in the hospital when you have your surgery. What time is good to call you this evening?

Andrea

after 9 my time would be good....that's when I get my minutes :)
I'm going to try and get out of the hospital before you come down....but I wanna see you! I've been on a 4 month vacation hehe