PDA

View Full Version : GRRR - Columbia House

madie
03-22-2007, 08:10 AM
Geesh - I got an email monday morning (before going on line and after a weekend with little time on the computer) thanking me for signing up for membership. I promptly email them back saying I never signed up for this. They emailed me back saying they would check into the matter if I supplied them with the information I gave them when I signed up! I have emailed them and gotten responses similar to that all week and finally wrote to them that according to Oregon law, if they send me something that I did not order, I am under no obligation to pay or return the item, it is considered a gift. Now they have emailed me back saying that they sent me my Shrek movie yesterday and that they will, as a coutesy, cancel my membership and elimitate any charges that incurred and, can I please send it back.

Wow, one company I don't want to owe money too. I was once a member for a short time, so that is how they got my info but I have no idea what got the ball rolling this time!

Oh well, at least they finally got it???

cpbaby
03-22-2007, 06:59 PM
I had to call and get right with them a couple of months ago. My 3 yr old got a packaged addressed to her with ONE cd in it.....all told, with shipping and everything, she owed almost $10. They told me to keep it and her membership was cancelled.