PDA

View Full Version : Quick Fact Thread

mirage7000
03-22-2007, 03:34 AM
Wonder if anyone is interested? Just post a few words or a sentence about yourself or lifes experiences!

To get started:

I years ago babysat a rapist

hunny
03-22-2007, 07:59 AM
My next door neighbor shot her daughter in the head and killed her for NO REASON!!
http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/8591651/detail.html

I still suffer from panic attacks and PTSD from this

irishchick
03-22-2007, 08:12 AM
:eek: :eek:

ummm....

cant beat that, just cant

mirage7000
03-22-2007, 10:23 AM
I have two beautiful children!

ilikefree
03-22-2007, 10:56 AM
This isn't really about me, but along the same lines as hunny posted, about 15 or so years ago our neighbor went ballistic and shot and killed his wife and some guy they had living with them at the time and then shot himself. Their 15-year old daughter found them, ran over here SCREAMING and was in hysterics. DH had just had double hernia surgery and it took him about 20 minutes to get off the couch and into bed. When we heard her screaming and pounding on the door, he was up out of bed and to the door before I was!

mirage7000
03-22-2007, 11:35 AM
I thought that I would start a quick get to know a person thread but I guess in this world it is not easy!

Jolie Rouge
03-22-2007, 02:08 PM
maybe restart with something like your favorite flower ... that "babysat a rapist" sets the standard for the rest of the replies.

BTW - I went to high school with a Serial Killer.

nedthenanite
03-22-2007, 03:22 PM
on a lighter note......

in high school, i took 3 years of jazz lessons for guitar. the lessons would start with my 85 year old, totally kick-butt jedi master asking me if i practiced. i would say no, and he'd tell me to do all 10 of my scales. i would play all 10, and we'd go on from there.....

mamalamas
03-22-2007, 03:25 PM
I two WONDERFUL sisters :)

MistyWolf & Rosina :D

P.S. I work in the same town that Jeffery Dahmer did when he was a teenager :(

cpbaby
03-22-2007, 07:02 PM
Hmmmmm........I can wiggle my ears.

evrita
03-22-2007, 07:26 PM
I have a teenage daughter 3 cats a boxer 2 step children and will be a step grammie in Aug at the age of 33 LMAO:D

suprtruckr
03-22-2007, 07:29 PM
I have a teenage daughter 3 cats a boxer 2 step children and will be a step grammie in Aug at the age of 33 LMAO:D

hi GRANDMA

i used to drive a truck til i was made "an offer i couldn't refuse" LOL

nanajoanie
03-22-2007, 07:40 PM

You old Nana:D

I had a 4 wheeler wreck when I was hotdogging and racing at age 55. It turned over on me and broke my leg in 3 places. The usual surgery, caste, wheelchair, crutches, and still use the cane 12 years later.

ang in NC
03-22-2007, 07:40 PM
I kinda like the strange fact thing!

deb_gar
03-22-2007, 07:54 PM
when I was little, a neighbor used to drive me and her son to school every day. A few years ago, her son hit her over the head with a hammer and set the house on fire. He's serving life.

CLEATUS
03-22-2007, 08:36 PM
I lifted my 350+ pound neighbor who fell out back and couln't get up last week. I didn't know I was that strong

Heidi
03-22-2007, 09:27 PM
Oh my gosh, although some of these should be really sad and disturbing, I can't help but laugh my butt off right now. Especially the one about not knowing they were stong enough to lift their 350 lb. neighbor.

mirage7000
03-22-2007, 11:03 PM
I saw a squirrel today sitting on my window sill (second story apartment). Oh I thought how cute until I seen it's whole body manage to get into a crevice!:eek: I still can't believe it could fit into that small crack!:eek:

A0305
03-22-2007, 11:37 PM
Let me first state that I am the biggest Bon Jovi fan in the world. I have seen them in concert 11 times.

GOOD - In March of 2003, I went to see Bon Jovi in Raleigh NC with my daugther and my 2 best friends.

Better - We sat 8th row.

Even Better - While taking pictures of the opening act, I got to talking to a girlfriend of some one connected with the band and she got us the wristbands to be able to go up on the side stage. And my daugther pushed me to the front of everyone and when Jon came over to sing I was about 12 inches from his face.

BEST - When Jon turned to face the crowd in front of the stage I reached up and touched his butt. WOW!!!!!:p :p :) :) :) :)

KrystallizedFlame
03-22-2007, 11:48 PM
Let me first state that I am the biggest Bon Jovi fan in the world. I have seen them in concert 11 times.

GOOD - In March of 2003, I went to see Bon Jovi in Raleigh NC with my daugther and my 2 best friends.

Better - We sat 8th row.

Even Better - While taking pictures of the opening act, I got to talking to a girlfriend of some one connected with the band and she got us the wristbands to be able to go up on the side stage. And my daugther pushed me to the front of everyone and when Jon came over to sing I was about 12 inches from his face.

BEST - When Jon turned to face the crowd in front of the stage I reached up and touched his butt. WOW!!!!!:p :p :) :) :) :)

Me too!!!! On the biggest fan part. WOW!!! Jon's butt. I would have loved to do that.

Me and my oldest daughter went to the Fresno show last year a day before Jon's 44th birthday. My daughter held a big sign stating happy birthday to him. He saw it and smiled at her. I was just as excited as if he smiled at me. That was cool.

junebugger
03-23-2007, 05:57 AM
1988 -Redding, CA There was an air show

The "Brew Angels" were up in the air doing awesome stunts-1 of the planes smashed into the ground and the fireball/plane parts went into the crowd-

I will NEVER go to another air show again.....never.

Willow
03-23-2007, 06:24 AM
I used to say that I wanted to marry either a musician or a comedian and I got both with Kevin. He plays the guitar and is very funny. I always laugh at him but in a good way. :D

mirage7000
03-23-2007, 06:57 AM
1988 -Redding, CA There was an air show

The "Brew Angels" were up in the air doing awesome stunts-1 of the planes smashed into the ground and the fireball/plane parts went into the crowd-

I will NEVER go to another air show again.....never.

I missed one year going to a fireworks display when I was younger. The fireworks blew into the crowd and I am so glad I missed it! I to this day hate fireworks!

tarbabie
03-23-2007, 07:06 AM
you guys are making me think my childhood wasn't that bad. i was abused my the neighbors when i was like 5 and didn't even realize it till I got married...YUCK!

cpbaby
03-23-2007, 07:06 PM

I became a step-grammie to two 15 years ago when I was 23. My 13 yr old DS and 3 yr old DD now have a 22 yr old nephew and a 19 yr old neice. :eek:

MistyWolf
03-23-2007, 09:53 PM

Hey, I was going to say the same thing .. cept my sisters are Mamalamas & Rosina :D (and yes Jeffery lived in the town they work in!)

And, today I noticed my winter crocus are in bloom .. spring is here!!! :D :D :D

Rosina823
03-23-2007, 10:25 PM

:D ....ditto to my sisters Mamalamas and Mistywolf.....I also have 2 wonderful children, a cat , and a fish that wont die.:eek:

MistyWolf
03-23-2007, 10:27 PM
:D ....ditto to my sisters Mamalamas and Mistywolf.....I also have 2 wonderful children, a cat , and a fish that wont die.:eek:

ROFLMAO .. anyone want a pirahna that won't die??? Free tank included!

buglebe
03-25-2007, 09:58 AM
My entire family consists of a husband, 2 daughters, 1 son, 1 son in law, 1 daughter in law, a grandson, a granddaughter and a sister and brother in law.
This is all the living family I have left.

I saw a man parachute out of a plane, cut the ropes on his parachute, fall onto a roof of a building and slide to the ground dead, committed suicide.

Jolie Rouge
03-25-2007, 11:20 AM
buglebe My entire family consists of a husband, 2 daughters, 1 son, 1 son in law, 1 daughter in law, a grandson, a granddaughter and a sister and brother in law.
This is all the living family I have left.

I have a HUGE family - youngest of nine, all married. DH is the youngest of seven, all married. I have 36 nieces and nephews on my side with ten "greats"; DH has 27 nieces and nephews with seven "greats". My dad passed, but my mom and both of DH's parents are still with us. This doesn't include the "Adopted" members of the families....

jerseybarb
03-25-2007, 12:02 PM
I've been clean and sober for 22 years.

tsquared
03-25-2007, 12:37 PM

Better - We sat 8th row.

so that is where the song Buns and Roses came from................

tammy77
03-25-2007, 12:38 PM
In May will be 5 years we been trying for our first child together.:(

Jolie Rouge
03-25-2007, 02:41 PM
I've been clean and sober for 22 years.

Good for you !

In May will be 5 years we been trying for our first child together.

We tried for 8 years - told we would never have kids, got pg with Matt. then had a miscarriage, had Meg, had a miscarriage again, got pg with Michael & Marie, lost Marie kept Michael and hubby called it quits as it was too stressfull for me.

missboots
03-25-2007, 03:13 PM
I don't have anything weird, guess my life was pretty plain! lol

Have two brothers, one is 20 yrs older than me and the other is 22 yrs older than me.

Have a wonderful 13 yr old daughter and now I'm 13 weeks along for my 2nd.

We have 9 pets.

Our pair of cockiteils have 5 eggs. The first egg will hatch at the end of this month.

Nbwmom23
03-25-2007, 03:18 PM
I didn't find out I was adopted until I was 19 yrs old at my "Step"dad's funeral. He will always be my DAD :)..
PS I no longer talk to his side of the family who felt it was necessary to tell me on that day.

kyswpgrl
03-25-2007, 03:42 PM
I dated a guy my freshman year in high school that is now gay. :eek: Not that it bothers me because my sister is gay as well. Her girlfriend gave birth to twins 5 months ago and she will be adopting them.

tljohn123
03-25-2007, 04:19 PM
I didn't find out I was adopted until I was 19 yrs old at my "Step"dad's funeral. He will always be my DAD :)..
PS I no longer talk to his side of the family who felt it was necessary to tell me on that day.

Oooooh I had a cousin do that to me when I was 13. She told me that my mom adopted me. So I kept that one inside for years...then asked my mom (who I look exactly like btw) and she says...noooo, but the man you think is your father is not, and his name is.......always wondered why that cousin felt it necessary to tell me that. The man I consider my father has been dead for 23 years now and I still miss him like crazy. He didn't live long enough to see his first grand child or to see his youngest son grow up.

the one thing about our family....my grandfather's sister is married to Dick Van Dyke's cousin. My baby brother is 13 years younger than me, and when dad died, we lost him (his mother moved him to KY). When our grandmother died, I found my brother again. I try and talk to him every week.

kidzpca
03-25-2007, 04:42 PM
I can't stand reality shows. Can't TV come up with something original anymore?

mamalamas
03-25-2007, 07:29 PM

You and that dang fish! I can't believe it is STILL alive!

I have a kitty kitty named Oscar ... he is my little sweetie kitty .. and I got him from Rosina ... thanks Rosina ;)

I also have a wonderful daughter who is 8 years old ... she is not as quiet as the cat though ... LOL ... a little feisty thing like her mama is!

belleofpa
03-25-2007, 08:07 PM
I met my now husband on the internet!! We have been happily married for 2 1/2 years now, never have we had a fight. Heck we hardly ever argue!
Got married one year to the day after we met! :)

cpbaby
03-25-2007, 08:45 PM
I met my now husband on the internet!! We have been happily married for 2 1/2 years now, never have we had a fight. Heck we hardly ever argue!

Lucky you! Maybe I should have met my DH onthe internet.....:confused: Couldnt have hurt anything, right?

mirage7000
03-26-2007, 04:31 PM

That is absolutely awesome! I only hope I can find someone that is not abusive.

tnfuhs
03-26-2007, 04:55 PM
My step-sisters boyfriend is in Judas Priest.

Mini
03-26-2007, 05:12 PM
Well I have quite a few things I could tell but heres somethin not alota people know..(well until now lol)

I got kicked out of Romantic Escapades(if you dont know its an adult store) :D:D

missboots
03-26-2007, 05:55 PM
Talking about fish that won't die. I don't care for fish but years ago we got stuck with some. We ended up going to FL for a weeks vacation & had no one to watch over the fish for us. I thought for sure the fish would be gone when we got back. Then we ended up staying for a 2nd week. For sure the fish would be dead. Got home and the stupid fish were alive & doing fine!

belleofpa
03-26-2007, 06:32 PM
Well I have quite a few things I could tell but heres somethin not alota people know..(well until now lol)

I got kicked out of Romantic Escapades(if you dont know its an adult store) :D:D

LOL, were you trying the merchandise before buying?

kidzpca
03-26-2007, 06:43 PM
I dated country singer Lari White in High School

TxGreek
03-26-2007, 06:55 PM

LMAO. Yeah, I don't think you're supposed to try the stuff out first. (but I guess that's a good way of getting around the No Returns policy) :D

Mini
03-26-2007, 06:58 PM

LOL no I was there with a couple friends and me and the guy I was out with forgot our ids in the car and the guy behind the register asked to see them and we said we forgot but wed just go out an get them cause the car was parked right at the door so he coulda seen us but he said no id you cant be in here get out basically an I kinda said somethings to him very loudly :D

mirage7000
03-27-2007, 12:41 AM
Talking about fish that won't die. I don't care for fish but years ago we got stuck with some. We ended up going to FL for a weeks vacation & had no one to watch over the fish for us. I thought for sure the fish would be gone when we got back. Then we ended up staying for a 2nd week. For sure the fish would be dead. Got home and the stupid fish were alive & doing fine!

Give the fish to my parents! They are animal and fish lovers! For one fish I bought for them they spent almost a hundred for a tank! Mom took a hamster we once had to the vet.Got it's tooth yanked out on the cage and vet put it to sleep.:eek:

sheila_361
03-27-2007, 05:43 AM
Sept 1, I'll be marrying my fiance , he and I met online,it'll be his first time being married and my 3rd, we've been together 3 years now. I guess I had to go through 2 frogs before finding my prince.. Also I share my birthday with Prince and Tom Jones, they are older than me though. And I'm becoming a grandma for the first time at the age of 43. I get to see concerts for free, my fiance is in the business, he pretty much is a roadie. In his younger days he used to go out on tour with alot of big name bands like The Stones and such.