PDA

View Full Version : Watch your credit card bills carefully!!!

kidzpca
03-20-2007, 07:46 PM
:eek: I received a call from Citibank claiming my Sears Gold Card Mastercard was much overdue; with the last payment due yesterday 3/19/07. I told the collector no way that they were wrong. I stated that I just paid Sears Mastercard less than 10 days ago and know for a fact that my check cleared the bank.

Caller then states nope…that they had not received a payment since November the amount of $38. No my records show I paid $75 in November, as I pulled out my old statements and bank book.

I demanded to talk to the Supervisor. Took eons to get a response and still they stated I was behind a few months and payment was due yesterday…No I indicated as My last payment wasn’t due until 3/26/07. Called them liars and stated I was turning them in to the feds for fraud as I had a number that came up on my phone. I was sure I was being defrauded.

I called Sears credit cards immediately to report the fraudulent call/collection attempt as I was very careful not to give any numbers, card numbers, ss numbers or anything else.

Yep, they received my last payment of $82 within the last week. I requested a confirmation of all payments since November ’06…all correct. Then I looked at my Sears Premier card

I was getting railroaded. Nope the Premier account is what Citibank was calling about. I asked several times and each time Citibank indicated my Gold Mastercard was in default. It was my Premier Sears card.

Dingleberries. But did they send my December, January, February or March statement that was due yesteday 3/19/07? Nope. I then had to varify my correct address and phone. And had to do a over the phone payment to bring my account up to date. With the promise all late fees would be dropped and account put back in good standing.

pepperpot
03-21-2007, 06:24 AM
I hate sears and their credit policies. They are a bunch of crooks!

Just to add as well, they are crooks with their 'extended warranty' scams too! Not a nice company...:(

:mad: :mad: