PDA

View Full Version : I swear...

buttrfli
03-18-2007, 07:38 AM
If postsecret does not update their cards soon, I am going to wear out my refresh button LOL

Yes.... I am a sunday junkie :p

Rogerslmc
03-18-2007, 07:39 AM
What's postsecret?

TIA!

buttrfli
03-18-2007, 07:43 AM
http://postsecret.blogspot.com/

They post new secret postcards every Sunday... its kind of a Sunday ritual thing with me... postsecret and coffee, then my day can move on LOL

Rogerslmc
03-18-2007, 07:49 AM
OH! Cute! Thanks for sharing.

buttrfli
03-18-2007, 07:52 AM
I have the first book. It was really good. I didn't get the 2nd one (the secret lives of men and women) because it was about half the size of the first one LOL

TxGreek
03-18-2007, 04:54 PM
I love this quote: "Every single person has at least one secret that would break your heart. If we could just remember this, I think there would be a lot more compassion and tolerance in the world"

Thanks for sharing the site. I'm adding it to my faves. :)

andreame70
03-18-2007, 06:32 PM
Neat website, thanks for sharing. I will be checking it out on Sunday's.

Andrea

TxGreek
03-26-2007, 07:14 PM
http://postsecret.blogspot.com/

They post new secret postcards every Sunday

Have you ever seen the video for All-American Rejects: Dirty Little Secret? (http://www.urbnmix.net/vid.php/video/all_american_rejects_dirty_little_secret/)
This site reminds me of the video. (I love the song!)

buttrfli
03-26-2007, 07:18 PM
Have you ever seen the video for All-American Rejects: Dirty Little Secret? (http://www.urbnmix.net/vid.php/video/all_american_rejects_dirty_little_secret/)
This site reminds me of the video. (I love the song!)

Me too! I always think of that site when I hear the song LOL

TxGreek
03-26-2007, 08:15 PM
I'm so glad you posted the link. Next time I'm out, I'm going to check out half price books and see if they have any of the books.

buttrfli
03-26-2007, 08:25 PM
I'm so glad you posted the link. Next time I'm out, I'm going to check out half price books and see if they have any of the books.

The first one (the brown one) is REALLY good. I read it over and over LOL Its also a good book to take with you while you wait for appointments n stuff.

I am waiting for the 2nd one to come down in price. :D

lisarae
03-27-2007, 04:34 AM
I just wanted to say that I LOVE your quote thinging on the bottom. LOL (for some reason I cant think of what it is called.) thats a great one!!

Tasha405
03-27-2007, 07:50 AM
I love this quote: "Every single person has at least one secret that would break your heart. If we could just remember this, I think there would be a lot more compassion and tolerance in the world"

Thanks for sharing the site. I'm adding it to my faves. :)

I love that one too! I also added this to my favorites. :D

TxGreek
03-27-2007, 12:26 PM
I just wanted to say that I LOVE your quote thinging on the bottom. LOL (for some reason I cant think of what it is called.) thats a great one!!

LOL Thanks!! :D

Shann
03-27-2007, 03:11 PM
what an awesome site, thanks for sharing.. and it does remind me of Dirty Little Secret, I LOVE that song. ;) Even keep it on play on myspace. :P

but buttfli, must you swear? I mean seriously? ;) :p

Tasha405
03-27-2007, 09:03 PM
but buttfli, must you swear? I mean seriously? ;) :p

I know! Some members on here are just getting way out of hand. ;)

LMAO! :p

TxGreek
03-27-2007, 09:38 PM
omg, while looking for the books on Amazon, I was asked if I wanted to buy this one (http://www.amazon.com/Fuck-This-Book-Bodhi-Oser/dp/0811850722/ref=pd_sim_b_5/102-5459394-1504917) instead. I thought it was a joke at first. :p

**WARNING - profane language** ;)

Here's the description (I never thought I'd see this word on Amazon, especially this many times. lol)
Juvenile, profane, and timeless, Fuck This Book collects images of real public signs that have been mischieveously altered by stickers bearing the most expressive of all four-letter words. Addictively hilarious, the results show a world persuasively transformed. Please Don't Fuck the Pigeons, indeed. What happens if one triggers the Automatic Sprinkler Fuck Off Valve? And is it any wonder The Fuck Depot is so popular? All photographs are unretouched—the result of countless hours on the hunt for the almost perfect sign, in need of just the slightest improvement. This is not social commentary. There is no message. It's not meant to offend, exploit, or embarrass anyone. All real stickers. All real signs. All in fun.

TxGreek
04-17-2007, 08:38 PM
The first one (the brown one) is REALLY good. I read it over and over LOL Its also a good book to take with you while you wait for appointments n stuff.

I am waiting for the 2nd one to come down in price. :D

Ok, so I broke down today and bought all three books. I've never paid retail for a book before. lol They'll be here on Thursday and I can't wait to read them.
Hopefully, I'll be able to let them go when I'm done because I'd like to lend them to my lil sis.

I hope my UPS guy comes early. :p

buttrfli
04-18-2007, 05:29 AM
Ok, so I broke down today and bought all three books. I've never paid retail for a book before. lol They'll be here on Thursday and I can't wait to read them.
Hopefully, I'll be able to let them go when I'm done because I'd like to lend them to my lil sis.

I loved the first book - lemme know if the other two are worth it :D

When you get them..... the "parking ticket" is my absolute favorite! LOL

TxGreek
04-18-2007, 12:06 PM
They'll be here on Thursday and I can't wait to read them.

Oh, I love Amazon Prime. I ordered last night around 5 and two of them are out for delivery today. Can't beat that for free shipping. :D

I'll let you know what I think, Buttrfli. I'm so glad you posted your vent here. I check PS every Sunday now, too. :p

justme23
04-18-2007, 03:51 PM

I wish I had known you were looking to buy them. I just bought two of them recently (also retail) but would have probably sold both of them for what I payed for one of them... nobody in my life likes them and I'm probably not going to read them again. Oh well, they will find a home some day!

I am addicted to the website though, it's the first thing I do every Sunday morning... my husband thinks I'm nuts. bleh to him!

TxGreek
04-18-2007, 08:38 PM
I wish I had known you were looking to buy them. I just bought two of them recently (also retail) but would have probably sold both of them for what I payed for one of them... nobody in my life likes them and I'm probably not going to read them again. Oh well, they will find a home some day!

Isn't that the way it always works out? I waited for weeks and didn't think to post an ISO here. :rolleyes:

I'm halfway through one of the books. (I have no clue which one) Some of the postcards are soooo sad and others, I'm like wtf? One chick said she bought an expensive sewing machine to make her sister jealous.
Makes me thankful that even though my family is crazy, they're not that crazy. :p