PDA

View Full Version : UGHHHH!! They already canceled school & it hasnt even started snowing yet!

Pepsi4me
03-16-2007, 04:16 AM
Were are suppose to get a few snow showers today with it getting a little heavier late this afternoon. By Saturday were suppose to have 1-2 inchs.
It hasnt even started yet & they already canceled school here.

This school system is unbelievable with the school cancelations for even just flurries.

If this cuts into the spring break they have off then oh well because we already have plans. So if they take a day off from the kids spring break to make up for this snow day off then my daughters will not be going that day.

Just needed to vent.

freeby4me
03-16-2007, 04:42 AM
Around here they make up snow days into summer break, not spring break. Spring break is only a week and usually people have plans. I wish schools didnt always waste their days but its very hard for them to decide to cancel or not, I hope for your guys' sake that they cancelled it for nothing!

Trishntx
03-16-2007, 08:43 AM
Sending you some beautiful Texas weather today. It was so nice here yesterday and today it is going to be 74. I wish Houston could stay this nice all year, but I know the heat and humidity is soon to come. I think I would rather have the snow and cold versus the heat and humidity.

cathych
03-16-2007, 08:47 AM
I've got you beat. Around here they close the MALL down if they think it MIGHT snow. A couple of years ago they were predicting snow (of course it never came), & they closed the city. They interviewed some tourists here from NY, & they were astounded. Since 1979 when I moved here it has snowed 3 times.

stephanyb
03-16-2007, 09:05 AM
I know the feeling. They do the same thing around here. I'm originally from up north so getting a little snow is no biggie for me, but if think it's going to snow around here they close everything down. Of course living near the army base, we get alot of people from everywhere, alot of whom have never seen snow so maybe it's a good idea.

YankeeMary
03-16-2007, 05:44 PM
What a shock to read this...we now have our AC on. Man o Man I love the south.
But when it is suppose to be real cold here and rain, they shut everything down.

evrita
03-16-2007, 08:27 PM
We have over a foot of snow in the Northeast right now.. It was in the 60s 2 days ago

YankeeMary
03-16-2007, 11:31 PM
We have over a foot of snow in the Northeast right now.. It was in the 60s 2 days ago

That totally amazes me. What's up with the weather?

Angibaby26
03-17-2007, 06:57 AM
Most of the weather issues are related to global warming, not recycling and taking care of our planet. I think it stinks that we have had such horrible weather from snow to hurricanes and tornados. Hopefully everyone will do their part.

moogle
03-17-2007, 07:41 AM
Boyfriend was stuck in Scranton, PA, last night. He was supposed to fly
out at 4 PM, but his flight was cancelled. He rescheduled for 6 AM this
morning, and it was cancelled again. He's scheduled on the 6AM tomorrow
morning now.

Haven't talked to him yet today. (okay, he does like to sleep in!)
When I went to bed last night, they were supposed to get 9-14 inches of
snow.......not sure what they did get.

Makes the 27 degrees and sunny seem great here in Indy.

LunaChick
03-17-2007, 08:36 AM
We were near 78 degrees in Philly the other day and now we have about 6 inches of ice. This weather is nuts.

Wimzik
03-17-2007, 08:47 AM
We got about 3 inches yesterday, and its 30°F right now. 3 days ago it was in the 60's, crazy.

evrita
03-17-2007, 09:34 AM
We ended up with about a foot and a half when all was said and done.

Pepsi4me
03-17-2007, 10:11 AM
Yeah we got about 1 1/2 ft but its very warm here today(40 degrees).