PDA

View Full Version : My daughter wants to name my first grandson

mirage7000
03-14-2007, 07:35 PM
Please help with name suggestions for my first grandson. So far she likes Travis. O.K. I'll tell you the last name to sound good with his first name. It is Taylor. She doesn't like the thought of names that can be turned into something mean. Thanks!

buttrfli
03-14-2007, 07:37 PM
I like Travis too... it was really popular when I was young, but you don't see many lil ones with that name much (at least I don't)

I also like Nicholas.

buttrfli
03-14-2007, 07:38 PM
oh... and kids can turn ANY name into something mean if they think about it long enough lol

Shann
03-14-2007, 07:56 PM
I like Travis as well, I don't think Travis Taylor sounds bad. :) Ugh.. my bf's last name is Gay and if we ever have kids, I'm sorry but they aren't getting his last name, I'm w/ your daughter, kids all ready get teased enough, you don't need a name that will help them out w/ MORE teasing. ;)

mirage7000
03-14-2007, 08:10 PM
oh... and kids can turn ANY name into something mean if they think about it long enough lol

You are absolutely right about that! When she mentioned Travis I thought about travesty but I wasn't gonna mention how that name could be used in a mean way. Picking out a boys name seems to be harder. I named my son after his dad. It was just so confusing calling out the name and both were like huh! After awhile no one responded! :D

mirage7000
03-14-2007, 08:19 PM
I like Travis as well, I don't think Travis Taylor sounds bad. :) Ugh.. my bf's last name is Gay and if we ever have kids, I'm sorry but they aren't getting his last name, I'm w/ your daughter, kids all ready get teased enough, you don't need a name that will help them out w/ MORE teasing. ;)

Yes I agree that life can be hard enough without having a name where someone can tease you! No one really ever teased me about my name (Thank God) but for short I'm called Sin (short for Cindy). Everyone usually shortens a name.

wyrmslyph
03-14-2007, 10:14 PM
They are right, someone will find someway to annoy or tease no matter what. Its the nature of things. Anyway, here are a few I like....

Gabriel
Daemon
Hayden

:):):)

TxGreek
03-14-2007, 10:14 PM
Oohhhh.... I lke Travis Taylor. It goes well together. Sounds kind of celebrity-like. :p
Just teach him to be the bully and you won't have to worry about him getting picked on. :D (Before anyone freaks out, I'm really kidding!! My niece gets bullied and I wanna go kick the little girl's parent's butts!)

Kyla Kym
03-14-2007, 10:42 PM
for short I'm called Sin (short for Cindy). Everyone usually shortens a name.
Unless your from the south, then they lengthen it by calling you by your first 2 giving names.....like most people refer to my mom and dad by their first and middle name....Bobby Joe, and Mary Lynda :D Come to think of it just about everyone I know from their generation still does that. Maybe we should all go back to the double name thing. :p How about Billy Con Taylor, Or Billy Jack Taylor...LOL;)
Seriously though, I like the Travis Taylor name too. :)

teenies*mom
03-15-2007, 02:44 AM
Thats not a bad name - Travis Taylor - in fact, I like it.......
my brother is named after my father which is Paul Edward and my sister is named after my mother which is Frances Rose - and then there is me - Christine and I don't even have a middle name - but it was weird growing up with 2 Pauls and 2 Frans in the house- lol

MizzouLady
03-15-2007, 02:52 AM
My son's name is Travis, and I like it very much. His first name is from Colonel William Barrett Travis, comander of the American forces at the Alamo (his father decided that). Travis Taylor flows well in my opinion. She could consider using a family name for the middle name, like my son's middle name is his father's first name.

belleofpa
03-15-2007, 02:54 AM
Ok, here is a funny one for you
I have a sister named Barb who "was" married to a Tom and a brother Tom who is married to a Barb.............. talk about confusing.

tsquared
03-15-2007, 03:50 AM
I am pretty partial to the name Tom.............i think that is a COOL name........

mirage7000
03-15-2007, 06:17 AM
I am pretty partial to the name Tom.............i think that is a COOL name........

I think the name Tom too would go well! I always liked that name! I think I may try to subliminally try and change her mind! Her hubby wants the initials to be TNT. I think Thomas Nicholas Taylor sounds great! :) Can't think of anyway to pick on a Tom for the name! Thanks!

mom2cvam
03-15-2007, 08:39 AM
Ok, here is a funny one for you
I have a sister named Barb who "was" married to a Tom and a brother Tom who is married to a Barb.............. talk about confusing.

My names Christina (Chris for short) and my husbands name is Chad and for awhile my brother Chad was dating a Christine (also chris for short). Now that was interesting! They have since broke up and I'm back to being the only Chris. lol

I like the name Travis. :)

nanajoanie
03-15-2007, 08:43 AM
I think the name Tom too would go well! I always liked that name! I think I may try to subliminally try and change her mind! Her hubby wants the initials to be TNT. I think Thomas Nicholas Taylor sounds great! :) Can't think of anyway to pick on a Tom for the name! Thanks!

tom tom tom tom tom - drums.:D

tough guy
03-15-2007, 10:09 AM
I like Ethan or Ian..they sound dreamy..lol

Also, i like Giovanni...:)

Kyla Kym
03-15-2007, 10:15 AM
Her hubby wants the initials to be TNT.

That's a neat idea! :)
Travis Nathan Taylor = TNT
(OR)
Travis Nathaniel Taylor (sp?)

earnhardt1
03-15-2007, 05:46 PM
i think austin taylor souds nice...

missboots
03-15-2007, 06:29 PM
My friend named her son Nathan due to the fact it is a name that can't be made fun of. And they do call him Nathan, not Nate.

Out2Lunch
03-15-2007, 06:35 PM
How about Tristen??

If they are going for a 'T' name, I like Tristen:)

I edited to add that my dh wants our last child(whom he thinks is going to be a boy...lol) to be named Xander(pronounced Zander). He thinks that Triple 'X' would be a great name for a football player:D I am praying for my Reagan Adelle......:)

mirage7000
03-15-2007, 09:31 PM
Maybe it's the people up here in the North that shorten names. I'll bet his name will be cut down from Travis to Trav. But then people up here when they yell at their children seem to fully say the first and middle name. I know I'm guilty with my daughter Andrea Marie. I always call her Ann but yelling at her when she was young I'd scream Andrea Marie.

Heidi
03-15-2007, 09:35 PM
If our daughter had been a boy we were going to name her Harrison Austin.