PDA

View Full Version : We are moving!

tarbabie
03-12-2007, 09:51 AM
okay guys- hubby finally found a job and get to tell the current boss to take a flying leap! they are doing everything they can to get him out of the
current job- faulting him for his appearance- work proformance and attitude. I would have and attitude too if i was a programmer (20+) years and was told everyday how bad i sucked at it. Friday he was pulled into the office and told about the hair in his ears- (I tell him everytime he gets his hair cut to get that trimmed- maybe now he will listen.) Anyway- new job is 2.5 hours away. Lease here isn't up till August. I'm open to suggestions- they are offering 5,000 more a year than where he is now + 3.000 for re-low....still can't believe it! Do we do a hotel for the hubby or check out an apt? kids not out of school till june 8th. Too much to think about- and I'm happy to be moving...raleigh to Charlotte...

pepperpot
03-12-2007, 09:57 AM
I would suggest looking for an apartment. That way you and the kids could visit and prepare it for your move there. I'd also talk to your landlord and see if he'll let you out of your lease early, like in June when school is out. Most landlords, if you're been a decent tenant, will do so. *And if you are not a decent tenant, they look forward to it!*

I wish you luck with the new job and the move! Congratualtions! BTW for xmas I bought my husband a nose & ear hair trimmer :p It may make a nice 'new job' congratulations present for your hubby! :p

Blondiex46
03-12-2007, 11:32 AM
congrats to the hubby and you also, know what to boss things is like too!

nanajoanie
03-12-2007, 01:39 PM
So happy for you both Toni. If he is able to get a small maybe 2 bedroom apt. and a sofa/sleeper it would be cheaper than a motel and he could fix himself some of his own meals. At least cereal and milk. And sandwiches. And when you and the young'uns go for visits you can start looking for a place for all of you. Otherwise get something comparable to what you have now to be ready for everyone to move on.

Doing the happy dance for you.:cool: The main thing is you will still be a tarbabie and a tarheel.

ang in NC
03-12-2007, 08:05 PM
Happy for you guys. I think Charlotte has more to offer anyway.

Heidi
03-12-2007, 08:24 PM
Good for you. Never lived on that side of the country except for three years in VA, so don't have much info to offer. Good luck with your decision though.

belleofpa
03-12-2007, 09:03 PM
My Daughtert is right putside of Charlotte in Concord, its really nice there but housing is EXPENSIVE!!!! $900.00 and up for a 2 bedroom place.

teenies*mom
03-13-2007, 02:47 AM
Congrats and good luck

tarbabie
03-13-2007, 08:35 AM
My Daughtert is right putside of Charlotte in Concord, its really nice there but housing is EXPENSIVE!!!! $900.00 and up for a 2 bedroom place.

Couldn't be much more than living in Raleigh- one thing I have noticed is that the apt are smaller. we are in 1508 feet now and the biggest I have seen there is a th with 1708 and it is cheaper than what we pay now! Looking forward to being close to concord mills...yippee! We won't be moving till late summer...boo-hiis!

nanajoanie
03-13-2007, 09:18 AM
Couldn't be much more than living in Raleigh- one thing I have noticed is that the apt are smaller. we are in 1508 feet now and the biggest I have seen there is a th with 1708 and it is cheaper than what we pay now! Looking forward to being close to concord mills...yippee! We won't be moving till late summer...boo-hiis!

If you are close to Concord Mills, you must become a regular at the giant mall. My BIL used to drive for Carolina American Tours and took busloads of tourists to that mall for a day of shopping and eating.

cathych
03-13-2007, 09:52 AM
I live in Wilmington, & it is the most expensive place in NC to live right now.

belleofpa
03-13-2007, 10:10 AM
If you are close to Concord Mills, you must become a regular at the giant mall. My BIL used to drive for Carolina American Tours and took busloads of tourists to that mall for a day of shopping and eating.

I love that mall! We go to it when we visit my daughter.

tarbabie
03-13-2007, 10:31 AM
I love that mall! We go to it when we visit my daughter.

we go by it alot on I-85 but haven't been there in years- i know they added on to the mall with a nascar racetrack and there is supposed to be a dave and busters there too!

Just a side note- his present employer took it personally that he is leaving...even had the nerve to tell him that he looked good! What a jerk! hubby shaved off everything monday morning before he went in. He starts the new job on the 26th. here we go again with cobra!