PDA

View Full Version : Prayers needed... please!

Tasha405
03-12-2007, 08:51 AM
Please pray for my sister. She's having a major surgery right now. They said it could take 8 - 10+ hours to complete. She will be in ICU for a few days, in a medically induced coma. We're all worried and she was she so scared. Please pray for her and my family during this time.

Thanks,
Tasha

CAMSmama
03-12-2007, 09:08 AM
Prayers going up from Virginia.

mirage7000
03-12-2007, 09:13 AM
Prayers sent!

DBackFan
03-12-2007, 09:23 AM
You got it Tasha (((((hugs)))))

catdance
03-12-2007, 09:30 AM
Prayers up from Minneapolis!

Tasha405
03-12-2007, 10:43 AM
They just called the family back and told them she would not be out of surgery until 8pm. She's been in surgery since 7:30am.

They also said they were going to have to place a trach (sp?) in her neck for a little while.

Thank you for the prayers and replies. I really appreciate it. Its so hard being away from my family during times like this. :(

BeanieLuvR
03-12-2007, 10:43 AM
Praying for a successful surgery and a speedy recovery.

YankeeMary
03-12-2007, 10:54 AM
Tasha you have my prayers. I am so sorry you can't be "home" at a time like this. But the good thing is, prayer works no matter where you are. HUGS!!! She will be fine!

MistyWolf
03-12-2007, 04:03 PM
Prayers are with you and your sister ... I hope she will be OK.

Tasha405
03-12-2007, 04:16 PM
They called the family back in a little bit ago and said they would be moving her out to ICU in just little while. They said everything went ok and that they are going to keep a close eye on her for infection. They also said not to worry if they have to take her back into surgery again tonight because the blood vessels may burst or may not take. She is stable right now though.

They said mom and them may be able to go back and see her for a few minutes too.

Thanks again for all the prayers and replies. ((((Hugs))))

Fred12
03-12-2007, 05:06 PM
I am praying for your sister

YankeeMary
03-12-2007, 05:29 PM
They called the family back in a little bit ago and said they would be moving her out to ICU in just little while. They said everything went ok and that they are going to keep a close eye on her for infection. They also said not to worry if they have to take her back into surgery again tonight because the blood vessels may burst or may not take. She is stable right now though.

They said mom and them may be able to go back and see her for a few minutes too.

Thanks again for all the prayers and replies. ((((Hugs))))

How wonderful. She is still in my prayers. HUGS!!!

Aloha from paradise
03-12-2007, 05:36 PM
Will keep your whole family in my prayers. Please keep us posted.

Tasha405
03-12-2007, 07:57 PM
I didn't get another update from anyone this evening. :( I tried calling my moms cell but didn't get an answer. I'm hoping no news is good news. I'll update in the morning as soon as I hear something.

Thanks again for all the prayers and replies! ((((Hugs))))

ang in NC
03-12-2007, 08:00 PM
will pray

Tasha405
03-13-2007, 08:15 AM
My mom called this morning and said that my sister done good through the night. They have some tubes in her that they are not gonna take out for a day or so though in case they have to take her back into surgery. My mom and my sisters hubby got to go in and see her for a few minutes last night and my sister was awake. She asked about me and her little boy. Makes me wanna cry because I've been so worried about her and I was one of the first she asked about. A good loving happy cry though.

I will update some more when I can.

Thanks again for the prayers and replies! ((((Hugs))))

june72
03-13-2007, 08:47 AM
So glad she done good thru all of this! She had many prayers going up for her!:)
I am sorry you can't be there thru this, but she understands! Happy tears and moments like this show you how truely blessed you are to have a wonderful family! ((((((((((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))))))))

Tasha405
03-13-2007, 09:03 PM
Well she was awake a little while today but kept fighting the tubes in her mouth and nose so they had to heavily sedate her. She's still in ICU and she's having some swelling in her neck, so they don't want to take the tubes out in case they have to take her back into surgery. If they take them out and have to take her back into surgery they are scared they wouldn't be able to get the tubes back in her from all the swelling in her neck.

Her pulse is real weak in her neck, so thats why they are concerned about having to take her back in. Some of her surgery required them to cut her neck from the left side all the way around to past the middle a little bit in the front. Among other things.

Hopefully she'll be better tomorrow and they can remove the tubes.

Thank you all for the replies and prayers. It's good to know people out there are thinking of us. ((((Hugs))))

Tasha405
03-14-2007, 07:44 AM
They removed the tubes this morning. They also had to giver her 2 more pints of blood, that makes 5 total she's been given.

If she does good today and tonight, they may move her out of ICU and into a private or semi-private room.

Thank you for all the prayers and please keep them coming. ((((Hugs))))

Tasha405
03-14-2007, 04:24 PM
She is starting to quit breathing about once every few minutes her machines are going crazy, they think its her medicine because she's on some high doses. So they are going to reduce her meds and see if that helps.

Please continue to pray!

Juli67
03-14-2007, 04:29 PM
your family and sister are in my prayers