PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft Vista !?!?

madie
03-05-2007, 04:00 PM
This is enough to drive you crazy! I got this new computer 15 days ago (hooked up only 8 days) and it has that new Microsoft Vista and whenever I try to view something online that is a jpeg image (like anything you might shop for...) it is distorted (you can see all the little squares so the image is blurred). HP say (after numerous calls and transfers) that it's a Microsoft problem, Microsoft says it's a HP problem - bottom line, they will both help for a fee! ($60 for Microsoft and $70 for HP) - I don't think I should have to pay anything considering how new it is. Soooo - is or has anyone else had this problem???

freeby4me
03-05-2007, 04:39 PM
Wow that seems outragious for them to charge you! Where did you get the new computer from?? Perhaps they could help you??
I think someone on here might be able to point you in the right direction....Either that or find someone with Windows XP :eek:

Quaker_Parrots
03-05-2007, 04:49 PM
I have a new HP laptop with Vista Premium and I am also running Vista Business on another computer we have at home, and I am not having that problem at all. Is it online content only you are having problems with? Or is it pictures you have on your computer as well? Also, what version of Vista are you running?

Honestly, if it is online only, I would try downloading another browser, such as Mozilla and see if that corrects the problem. It could be a problem with IE7 which would be an issue with Microsoft. It is also possible you might need to update your drivers, that could be an issue as well.

I would carry it by Circuit City and see if they can diagnose it. The Firedogs will look at it for free and give you advice. If all else fails, take it back to the store you bought it at.

Pepsi4me
03-05-2007, 05:20 PM
I have heard that lot of people have problems with Microsoft Vista.

PrincessArky
03-05-2007, 05:28 PM
ah man I hate you are having trouble and expected to pay at this point is crap :( I knew they would have trouble they always do at the beginning of their new software.......I don't intend to upgrade this one until I have too lol

Tasha405
03-05-2007, 05:48 PM
I also have Vista but I haven't had any problems like this. Hopefully you can figure something out soon and without having to pay such high fees!

ahippiechic
03-05-2007, 05:54 PM
I run Vista premium on one of my partitions and haven't had any problem like that. Does your PC have a warrenty from where you bought it?

quietvixsin
03-05-2007, 06:06 PM
I would have to say that this is not a VISTA or Microsoft issue. This sounds more like it is either video card and/or software other than windows causing the issue. It is possible that the video card doesn't have the right drivers installed, or needs updated drivers, or that it is failing. It could also be caused by other graphics software you might have loaded, but that is less likely. Since it is brand new, taking it somewhere to fix on my own dime would not be acceptable to me. If it is a name brand PC purchased retail, it comes with a warranty. I would demand that it gets sent for service on their dime... or I would demand an RMA # and get it totally replaced or refunded.

The reason they are attempting to offer you "support for a fee" is that you are calling the technical support lines for each of the respective companies. These guys work in a large call center and spend all day every day talking people through computer problems... try this, reboot, try that. Many of the larger companies have begun charging for that kind of help. That is NOT what you need at this point. You need "Service"... which means they are going to physically repair or replace it for you. Where did you buy this? That is where you begin... Do not dilly dally about it, as your warranty period is ticking away. Also, keep all correspondence with them, names and operator numbers of who you speak to, all reciepts, etc. Also, did you register your warranty/product when you got it? If not, go online and do that immediately. That makes the RMA process much easier.

Also, for anyone who didn't already know this. Vista is a "smart system". They have encoded it so it can recognize hacked or illegally downloaded software, music, programs, etc... It will disable those programs and you will not be able to uninstall them or get them off your PC without help. You will also not be able to use them. Be careful about going to Vista if you haven't already done so. It is kind of it's own brand of "spyware" if you ask me.

jcw
03-05-2007, 08:57 PM
I also have a new computer with vista premium and I haven't had problems with it

YNKYH8R
03-08-2007, 08:57 PM
I'm specifically requesting Vista not be put on as my OS in my laptop.