PDA

View Full Version : Cleaned out our garage and Rude People

buglebe
03-03-2007, 03:46 PM
We cleaned out our garage today. I had one woman from the next block over who came over and wanted to go through everything we threw away.
My son who was helping told her yes she could go through the trash pile but to please not to scatter it and to put the tarp back over it. We had divided stuff into piles and put tarps over it. This lady has had a ball going through the trash. I didn't like it but didn't want to be ugly. We had been working since 6:30 this morning so about 4 we quit. We just pulled the tarps over and came inside. One lady came by and started going through the stuff. We told her we weren't having a garage sale, I do think it was an honest mistake on her part maybe???? no signs etc. So she asked if she could have a filing cabinet and I gave it to her. It was in the pile for my girls to see if they wanted. Now the same woman who has been going through stuff just knocked on the door and asked my husband if she could have the cast iron stuff. I had a lot of it, cornbread sticks etc.from my mother and he said yes. He didn't tell me this until 30 min later when I said what did she want that time and he told me. I said you told her no didn't you and he said" no I told her she could, I don't want any of that stuff." No he doesn't because he made sure he got what he wanted, golf clubs he hasn't used in yrs etc. I am not really mad at him though because he has alzheimers. I mean I had no signs saying garage sale etc. That woman who took the cast iron just took advantage. I am so angry!!! Forgive me for ranting. I had never seen this woman before, I just know she lives in the area. I felt like vultures were out and I wanted to put my arms around it all and say mine. I feel silly being upset about it but it did upset me and I still am.

kyswpgrl
03-03-2007, 04:04 PM
If it was sitting out to be taken away with the trash, why would you mind? Yes they were your belongings, but obviously you were getting rid of them. Correct? Look on the bright side. At least they are going to someone that can use them instead of just being thrown out. If they were items you were wanting your family to go through, then they should have been left in the garage or in your home shut away from the outside.

Nanc952
03-03-2007, 04:24 PM
If it was sitting out to be taken away with the trash, why would you mind? Yes they were your belongings, but obviously you were getting rid of them. Correct? Look on the bright side. At least they are going to someone that can use them instead of just being thrown out. If they were items you were wanting your family to go through, then they should have been left in the garage or in your home shut away from the outside.

I have to agree if you were throwing the stuff away, be thankful someone else could use it instead of it going to the landfill. Better to recycle then throw away, save our planet.

Cowgirlie_in_Tennessee
03-03-2007, 05:54 PM

Oh you beat me to this... this is what I was thinking! :o

msginna
03-03-2007, 06:11 PM
" had a lot of it, cornbread sticks etc.from my mother and he said yes. He didn't tell me this until 30 min later"

I think the stuff that was taken WASN'T in the throw away pile. That is what I thought anyways...

buglebe
03-03-2007, 06:22 PM
I was sure shocked by your responses. I guess I didn't make myself clear. This was my yard, my driveway. The piles were divided, one for daughters to go through, one for me with the stuff I still wanted and one was for freecycle and one was trash. 4 piles. If they wanted something from the trash or the freecycle pile they were welcome to it. It was too obvious as to which stuff I was keeping or was for the girls to go through. A tarp over something should indicate it is not for them to go through after we go inside. And since that time we have had 3 more people knock on the door. All 3 are people that got stuff before. It just makes me really mad. I plan to clean out my whole house this way , room by room , like they show you on tv, I guess I will need to sit with my son's bb gun unless it has already gone. To top this off I live on a dead end street. Only 2 more houses on both sides of the street equaling 4 houses above us to end of the street. I thought things in our yard were ours until given away. I didn't know it is only things in our house that are ours. Sorry for ranting. I am furious. I don't get mad very easily and I get over it quickly. But for now I'm a little unhappy.

freeby4me
03-03-2007, 06:22 PM
" had a lot of it, cornbread sticks etc.from my mother and he said yes. He didn't tell me this until 30 min later"

I think the stuff that was taken WASN'T in the throw away pile. That is what I thought anyways...

How is this person supposed to know which pile was which? She did ask to look through the stuff and she was even nice enough to come and ask, sadly, she didnt ask the right person :(

*Ok, I just posted while you were posting so here is my revised post.
All people are saying is most people assume that stuff left outside is trash. If it wasnt trash it would be in the garage, thats prolly what those people are thinking. Do you have a super nice house with like super nice stuff cause I thought most people dont flock like that over nuthin LOL
Anyways, Sorry that this is happening, perhaps you could put out a sign saying >>These piles only<< type thing. Maybe that would help a little bit.

Pepsi4me
03-03-2007, 06:28 PM
Maybe it would had been easier if you had boxed the stuff you were going to keep or put it on a porch away from the pile for the garbage.

buglebe
03-03-2007, 06:31 PM
I think I just came to the wrong place to vent. I just thought what was ours in our yard was ours until we told someone different. They knew the different piles and repacking the boxes was not the plan. Sorry for even bringing it up.

MistyWolf
03-03-2007, 06:37 PM
I understand exactly what your saying and I agree with you! .. You don't even have your stuff organized as to what your giving away and what your not and people are rifling through it, I'd be upset too.

If it was all seperated and sitting on the curb that sure help yourself .. once it's on the curb it's yours!

I wouldn't have the balls to go up to someone and just ask if I can have something out of their yard .. and you did have a tarp on it, so that should indicate to someone that it may not be available to the public.

Guess I'd be the wrong person too if I were doing what you were and they came to my house.

Kyla Kym
03-03-2007, 06:42 PM
Maybe you could use the backyard instead of your front yard to do the rest of the rooms. And I agree with you, because you had pointed out which piles she could look through. I think if I was you, I would just tell them that it's not ready to be gone through yet. But they can leave their phone number and once you get through sorting out everything you will call them and let them go through what is going to be throw away or free-cycled.

TxGreek
03-03-2007, 07:48 PM
You have to realize that when you come to a public forum, people are going to give their opinions. I don't think anyone was being ugly.

My son who was helping told her yes she could go through the trash pile but to please not to scatter it and to put the tarp back over it.

I just thought what was ours in our yard was ours until we told someone different. They knew the different piles and repacking the boxes was not the plan. Sorry for even bringing it up.

A tarp over something should indicate it is not for them to go through after we go inside.

Did your son clarify that not all of the piles were trash? You can't get upset with people going through the piles with tarps on them if you already gave them permission to do it. You said they can go through the trash and freecycle piles, but not the piles with tarps. Then you say, you asked that they replace the tarps over the trash pile. So they all had tarps, but they couldn't go through the piles with tarps?? :confused:
It sounds really confusing and I don't blame the "scavengers" for not knowing which piles they could and couldn't touch. Also, you really can't blame the woman that took the cast iron stuff. I don't think she was tryig to take advantage of you at all. She ASKED permission and was granted permission. I doubt she knows that your husband has alzheimers.
If she wanted to take advantage of you, she would have piled the cast iron stuff into her car and driven off. THAT would be rude.
If you plan on continuing to clean your house this way, I would put large signs on the piles that you aren't getting rid of so it's clear that you aren't getting rid of it.

kyswpgrl
03-03-2007, 07:49 PM
You did say in your original post that they were going through the trash piles, so I assumed it was all out together and not in separate piles. I do apologize for that. At least the people are nice enough to come to you and ask if they can look through/have things instead of stealing them outright. Yes, it's your yard and therefore still your property. However, that doesn't keep anyone from coming up and taking whatever they want. A tarp isn't exactly secure, know what I mean? Go ahead and vent away, but this is a public forum. You can't expect to see eye to eye with everyone out there. If anything, you can possibly gain a new perspective on the situation. We don't all see things the way you do.

ang in NC
03-04-2007, 08:34 AM
Yes go ahead and vent. I enjoy reading the vent section, makes my life look a little better!

hblueeyes
03-04-2007, 09:27 AM
If the stuff was in the driveway or yard shame on them. If it was at the curb then they could help themselves. When people asked if they could go theu your stuff you should have went outside with them so you could tell them what was not up for grabs. I do believe that maybe you were taken advantage of. It just depends, I am always shocked and surprised at what people throw away. Remember one mans trash is another mans treasure so it is not as cut and dry as we may think. Sorry you feel so bad. Look at it as a lesson learned in vultureism.

Me:p

Taterbo
03-04-2007, 10:21 AM
What rude neighbors...Rather nervey to just come in too see what was covered up and go poking around in it...You need to put up a No Looters sign.....

xtrememom
03-04-2007, 03:41 PM
Some people can be gutsy We were getting new carpet and putting in pergo and had moved stuff out onto our DECK. DO you know people came up on our deck and started taking things, until my DH drove our van onto the grass and blocked the steps to the deck and our front door. People are nervy these days. I have put things at the curbside to get rid of and have no problems with people rummaging thorugh them, but come up the ramp or steps to my deck you are in forbidden territory, right now I have a craft table and some boxes of crafting supplies on my deck someone tried to take them DS caught them and I had to put a sign on them that said contaminated do no touch to get people off my deck when I wasnt home.

xtrememom

buglebe
03-04-2007, 05:09 PM
xtrememon , thank you. I came here yesterday afternoon to the vent and whine section because I was feeling pretty upset and was looking for sympathy, instead I felt like I got beat up on. Yes I do go along with the people who said nobody had to have the same opinion as me and that it is a public forum and people can say what they like and they did. But I think that if any of those people were doing what we were doing and were putting things out on their yard or driveway to decide what to keep and what to give away they would be upset also to have people asking for things and going through their things. If my neighbor was cleaning out her garage, in no way would I go over and start going through her things. I see that we all see things differently. Yep I learned from my mistakes. We covered things up with tarps when we came in and at 8:30 last night we had a neighbor knock on the door and want something. Now I do not live in an apartment building or anything like that, this stuff is not on communal property, this is private property. I live in a neighborhood, not a poor one, with well educated professional people. If these people were asking for things out of need I would give them what they needed and more but that is not the situation.
I just feel dissappointed in people and like I was violated. I am sorry to hear you have had similar situations. But I do appreciate so so much you offering to share it with me so I feel that someone on this forum understands where I was coming from. I was surprised, feeling I was being attached.

freeplease
03-04-2007, 05:17 PM
I understand how you feel. I've set stuff out in boxes CLEARLY marked HV for the veterans group to pick up. I've had to chase people from the boxes. And then they give me dirty looks. One old man tried to giove me attitude. I told him to get lost, or I'd call the police. He sure didn't want to put the fireplace screen I had in the box down, either. I was afraid I'd have to get into a knock down with somebody's grampa. But come on, it was clearly marked for the HOSPITALIZED VETERANS GROUP! :rolleyes:

whatever
03-04-2007, 05:41 PM
I agree i would have been upset to. I would have told her to come back when i was finished. And then i could have kept and eye on her. What is in your yard is your stuff till you set it out at the curb etc like its to be picked up for the trash people.

deb_gar
03-04-2007, 08:24 PM
My daughter got a new couch and chair and put the old ones on her porch. She put them on the local freecycle and had made arrangements for one person to pick them up. So, they parked the car on the other side of the street to leave room for the people to pick up the couch/chair. Well, they was sitting in their living room and this truck pulled in front of their house. A man got out and started walking towards their porch. They thought it was the person from the Freecycle and went outside to help. The man JUMPED and started stammering....turns out he was gonna take the couch and chair FROM THEIR PORCH!!!!! Some people do have alot of nerve. What if they had just put it outside while they were laying new carpet or something??? And the year before, someone took the brand new porch swing right off my neighbors porch in the middle of the day!!!
So, at least they asked. But I would have been mad too.

freebielover
03-05-2007, 02:22 AM
That kind of creeps me out, if there are no signs obviously it's not a yard sale. I would never dream of just knocking on someones door and asking for free stuff whether it was being thrown away or not. I would be kind of upset too if someone was just taking stuff. I get weird about people on my property though anyways, I guess I'm territorial :)

hotwheelstx
03-05-2007, 03:17 AM
JMO-that's not right at all. At least the woman should of known to ask if anything was for sale or give away first. Just me I guess but if it's in your yard, covered that usually means something.....it does to me, anyway. You want to keep it, go thru it, it's for someone else.

This is the main reason I will never have another garage sale at my home. I had a lot of things that I was still wanting to go thru in my garage and a man took it upon himself to hand over the money to someone that I had with me there helping out. Needless to say I don't associate w/that person anymore. When I think about it today I'm still upset over it and that's been 4 years ago!!!!

pepperpot
03-05-2007, 08:01 AM
I understand exactly what your saying and I agree with you! .. You don't even have your stuff organized as to what your giving away and what your not and people are rifling through it, I'd be upset too.

If it was all seperated and sitting on the curb that sure help yourself .. once it's on the curb it's yours!

I wouldn't have the balls to go up to someone and just ask if I can have something out of their yard .. and you did have a tarp on it, so that should indicate to someone that it may not be available to the public.

Guess I'd be the wrong person too if I were doing what you were and they came to my house.

I agree with you Misty - this is her property and sometimes people are just rude and too forward. (Even though she asked.....I would never say..."hey I like your diamond ring, can I have it??"....it's a bit too forward...)

But now that the 'word' is out that there is good stuff to be had at your house......lol....I'd consider making a sign like "not for sale" or "available items will be at the curb on Tuesday, please don't ask before then" when you have your stuff out.

Good luck.

Rosina823
03-05-2007, 08:17 AM
I would be upset to your yard is private property..At least you thought so....I would never go up to someones house and ask to have something I would be totally imbarrassed!!! If they come along again I would tell them listen when It is on my curb you can have whatever you want until then get off my property.At the least it is not even like you know these people.You said all this time they never talked to you and all of a sudden bam here they are..Very rude.
As for people telling you to do it in the backyard you should be able to do it wherever you want it is your yard your property.Good luck on the rest of your rooms.

redrig
03-09-2007, 10:10 AM
at the curb = up for grabs (you're just saving the trashman's back anyway)

away from the curb / not on the sidewalk in front of the house = don't freakin touch it! On my property means it's still MINE so get your grubby paws off!

what is wrong with people nowadays???

migirlfriday
03-09-2007, 10:41 AM

away from the curb / not on the sidewalk in front of the house = don't freakin touch it! On my property means it's still MINE so get your grubby paws off!

I totally agree. I would have felt violated. Hopefully because of your vent, people cleaning out their garages will be leery and just tell other people that they will have to wait until you actually have a garage sale or have it out to your curb before they start rummaging.

There are a lot of rude people out there. Sorry you had to deal with it.

janelle
03-09-2007, 01:20 PM
My hubby had the vets take furniture that was on his front porch. He didn't even call them. They couldn't help him with he called them to get it back. This is why they now call first and give out bags with their name on it. Then the pick-up people know it's for them.

With garage sales now people must think they can go rummage through things in the front yard if they see it out. I agree with the signs. You need them now a days to tell people you are not having a sale.

But it does help for people to come and lug things off you want to get rid of so don't get too mad. Either they lug it off or you pay to have it taken away.

I would just not put things out if I was cleaning unless I was watching it. Some people will even take things at garage sales without paying unless it is watched. It's hard to clean anymore. LOL:eek:

DezaRay24
03-09-2007, 01:52 PM
OMG I would NEVER have the guts to go up to a house & take stuff haha.

I have however taken stuff out of public dumpsters haha me & my cousin seen about 4 of those plastic yard chairs in a dumpster behind a Rite-Aid that was going out of buisness & so we took them out of it haha
And when I lived in an apt complex someone threw a Little Tykes basketball hoop away & at about 1am I went & got it & cleaned it up to give to my nephew.
I think me & my cousin learned "dumpster divin" from our moms & granny that had done tht in the past hahaha!

Qtxann315
03-10-2007, 01:18 AM
I believe its no one's right to go through your stuff even if they ask your son or husband, you are the one responsible for cleaning out your house so you should be the one to decide if you want to give away the stuff- no one else. Who else knows what should be given away. I know this, if I am cleaning out the house, and having stuff put away, or thrown or given, then it should be my call to see if i want to give it away. Just because it's on the front yard it doesn't mean it's going to be thrown away. Or even on your driveway, especially if it's nicely packed under the tarps. How do people think that. I put my car in the driveway everyday, does it mean I'm giving it away? But it's on the driveway?!?! Some freaken low life might take it, break into it and all but hey I'm putting it on the drive way that means it deserve someone to steel it! It's a big red sign "HEY COME AND TAKE ME" because I'm not in the house. You have every right to use your area anyway you want it. If there is no sign posted up on or around the house about a garage sale, then NO the stuff isn't for sale. I'm telling you, people are so greedy now a day!! Go ahead vent, I would also. :)

killbarney
03-10-2007, 08:00 PM
What she said

ezmoney163
03-11-2007, 05:48 PM
I totally agree with those who think it is regiculous for them to riffle through your stuff. I know how it feels though, once right after hubby and I moved here, we had some of the kids stuff , outside tools in our yard, and two doors because I was painting a llittle fence and the doors, we had bought and was going to put it up, I went in the house to get a drink and my daughter ran in and said "Mom some lady is putting your fence in her truck. I went running out, as she was about to get in the truck and asked her what she was doing. She sais she and her husband were driving around looking for wood to build rabbit hutches. :eek: I politely told her that they were for my house, we had just moved there and were trying to fix up the house and it was outside because I was going to paint. Believe it or not the lady was furious, she could not believe I wanted my doors and fence back. LOL She then proceeded to ask me if my husband could lift them from the back of the truck because her back was hurting. :rolleyes: But that isn't the best part of it, she returned a day or two later asking if we wanted to buy rabbits. I was outraged. Don't get me worng, if I don't want it, hey they can have it, but when it is on my yard NOT the curb don't touch it, please. We did one time throw a charcoal grill to the curb and the gentleman who took it actually came up to my door and asked if he could have it.

hblueeyes
03-12-2007, 05:15 AM
My Mom has sold her house and hubby and son went to pack up a bunch of things. We rented a truck and they got back from trip 2 at 4:34 am. Hubby was making room in the garage and placed an old stove, in beautiful condition on the side yard next to the driveway. A guy pulled up and started taking it. My hubby asked what he was doing and he said, metal, metal. Hubby said No. It is not for you. The guy wouldn't listen so he called the cops, gave him his plate number but the cop was there before he could leave. Then he told the cop that it was at the curb, which it was not but the cop said the minute he told you No, it became theft. We were not throwing this stove away but giving it to AMVETS.

People have nerve.

Me

27Summers
03-12-2007, 08:42 PM
wow, I would never go on someones property to get something, on the curb I would, and have done so many many times without a problem, but these days, just moving is scary. I watched from my apartment window last fall as a family was moving and left a really nice couch and loveseat on the curb, I was so tempted to take it, but was afraid maybe they set it out to be picked up for the next load. Turns out, my apprehention was unjustified, and it was picked up later by someone else driving by...darn it all lol
but we had a problem when we cleaned out our garage and basement a couple years ago. Our neighbor let us fill one side of his parking slab with our garbage and as soon as we were done, flocks of people came to rummage throught it, we said fine, as long you don't make a mess, but things quickly got out of hand once we went inside. People were just tossing stuff and making a huge mess, so we took half empty cans of paint and dumped it all over the stuff..the rummaging stopped cold.
sorry you had to go throught that...some people have no qualms about taking something from private property, even if it is outside...

freeplease
03-13-2007, 05:55 AM
I see couches and chairs, etc. on curbs all the time. They usually have a sign "free" on them.
I think people have just gone nuts. I mean, what's next, they'll start walking into your house to see what you aren't using? :confused:

speedygirl
03-13-2007, 09:29 AM
I see couches and chairs, etc. on curbs all the time. They usually have a sign "free" on them.

That's how we do it around here. I don't know of any problem like you had where we live. The free sign always does the trick. I have actually had people knock on my door and ask if was really free. I am amazed at the nerve of some people going onto private property!

mommyof1
03-13-2007, 11:01 AM
I could sure get mad if people went through any of my stuff. I don't know if I would but what nerve to lift up the tarps and examine things! I would put huge signs on the tarps: "GO AWAY VULTURES! NOT FOR YOU!" I don't know if I would use the exact wording but "NOT FOR NEIGHBORHOOD CONSUMPTION" might be okay. "NO THEFTS PLEASE!" or "DO NOT TOUCH!" Seriously, if I wanted people to knock on my door asking for things or go through my stuff, I would have a sign that stated "FREE! TAKE ANYTHING."

janelle
03-13-2007, 01:47 PM
And what about that show in HTV with the guys who go looking for "junk" people put at the curb. They take what they want, turn it into something new and usable and take it back. Ring the doorbell and run. They leave a note on the door but still it shows the public they can go get things out of people's yard.

College towns must be the worse. Students know if someone moves out their things are up for the picking. It's done all the time and USUALLY acceptable.

Seems like it's becoming the norm. In the future we may need to chain all out outdoor furniture, etc. down so it won't be carried off.:eek:

tough guy
03-13-2007, 05:25 PM
I would be upset too...When we move or spring clean I just pile, sort and eventually make a bigger mess, get bored and leave it lay...

Just take a deep breath, smile and think of it this way...Now she has more stuff in her house to take care of...and you have less to put back :)

killbarney
03-14-2007, 09:33 PM
So not only did you help fill up the landfill some more, you made a wonderful mess for the trashmen to pick up? Sorry, that just seem so very wrong and so very wasteful. You destroyed things people could use because they were making a mess? Spiteful.

...so we took half empty cans of paint and dumped it all over the stuff..the rummaging stopped cold.

TxGreek
03-14-2007, 10:10 PM
So not only did you help fill up the landfill some more, you made a wonderful mess for the trashmen to pick up? Sorry, that just seem so very wrong and so very wasteful. You destroyed things people could use because they were making a mess? Spiteful.

ITA.

speedygirl
03-14-2007, 10:30 PM
Originally Posted by killbarney

ITA too!

27Summers
03-15-2007, 08:10 PM

uh yes, and because otherwise WE would have faced a huge fine from the city for trash and blocking the alley, and not only that, this was not even on our property, and the owner was nice enough to let us use his spare space until pick up. Uh we also have "special pick up" here, so no, the poor defenseless garbageman had nothing to worry about...
First everyone here is talking about how rude the woman was that she went on someone elses property to take things, then when I state my opinion about it, and gave the only solution there was at the request of the neighbor whose space was being turned into a garbage dump, you guys all freak, and no, you weren't there, you don't know what we threw out, it was just that- GARBAGE- trust me, I use everything until it's gone, furniture, bedding, you name it, so what they were digging through was garbage, mildewed clothing, furnace filters, used paper, old cat boxes, cardboard, glass, rusted nails, broken items beyond repair..need I go on??? :confused:
sure I could have let them rip through that pile looking for a "diamond in the rough", but after the first guy, there was nothing, and I don't really feel like getting a fine from the city, or sued because some diver hurt themselves on PRIVATE property. Trust me, it happens.
Jeez...

mommyof1
03-15-2007, 11:49 PM
I have to say that is was your stuff and if you wanted to put paint on it, go ahead. I think I might have been "spiteful" too. I get tired of being the nice guy and posting on Freecycle to be told they will be there, they never show. If you dare to e-mail them, YOU are the rude one. Believe me, been there, done that many times. I do not Freecycle anymore. If the paralyzed vets or whomever does not want to come by and pick it up, out it goes. My house looked like a freaking dump or used furniture store because of all the extra stuff. I just throw things out now and I do not feel one bit bad. I paid for it, it's mine and I don't believe that I alone am filling up the landfills. The paint is a good idea, just kidding, LOL. My point, it is yours do do what you want with it. Flame away.

27Summers
03-16-2007, 05:40 AM
I have to say that is was your stuff and if you wanted to put paint on it, go ahead. I think I might have been "spiteful" too. I get tired of being the nice guy and posting on Freecycle to be told they will be there, they never show. If you dare to e-mail them, YOU are the rude one. Believe me, been there, done that many times. I do not Freecycle anymore. If the paralyzed vets or whomever does not want to come by and pick it up, out it goes. My house looked like a freaking dump or used furniture store because of all the extra stuff. I just throw things out now and I do not feel one bit bad. I paid for it, it's mine and I don't believe that I alone am filling up the landfills. The paint is a good idea, just kidding, LOL. My point, it is yours do do what you want with it. Flame away.

Thank you :) your absolutely right!
I don't think dried paint is going to cause the earth to stop spinning, and it was a half, if that, gallon. It was enough that people didn't want to get messy looking through it, so big deal....

hblueeyes
03-16-2007, 08:52 AM
Before I toss something that someone might be able to use, I send out feelers. i tell everyone, friends,neighbors,relatives and say pass the word. if someone wants it,fine, come get it. If not I call Amvets or DAV to come get it. If they dont I toss it. Someone will come by with a truck and haul it off so it rarely ends up in a landfill.

Me:p

killbarney
03-18-2007, 08:59 PM
I didnt' say anything aobut poor defenseless trashmen, just plain trashmen. SOMEONE had to pick it up.

If you didn't want a mess to be made because people were digging through it, then maybe you should have hauled it away to the dump yourself or gotten a dumpster you could have locked as it seems to have been a TON of stuff.

And for the record-I've dug through piles of stuff and have always left it cleaner than when I found it ;) I've even had a couple of homeowners come out and tell me to stop cleaning up:o

Uh we also have "special pick up" here, so no, the poor defenseless garbageman had nothing to worry about...
Jeez...

killbarney
03-18-2007, 09:22 PM
What type of paint was it?

Mom2-3boys
03-19-2007, 08:36 AM
My husbands aunt is just the type of RUDE you are talking about! About a year ago she was driving somewhere and saw a yard that had some boxes in it, but there were no ppl around so on her way back the boxes were still there so she decided to help herself. The boxes were full of mens clothes...so she started loading them up into her car and LOL the owner of those clothes came to get them and said "Who the HELL are you and why are you taking my clothes!" Come to find out a couple was splitting up and the woman had put the guys clothes out for him to pick up. :D She felt so STUPID!:D Serves her right! It hasn't stopped her though!! In the city she lives in it is against the law to take stuff set out at the curb during city wide clean-up, I'm just waiting for her to get a ticket for doing it, cause she goes driving around during the day and then waits for it to get dark so she can take it. She really needs to get a life lol!
I think when it comes to stuff that ppl set out though some ppl take it just because it's FREE not because they could use it!

dixiechicken
03-19-2007, 11:25 AM
Yes go ahead and vent. I enjoy reading the vent section, makes my life look a little better!

Thats why I like reading the posts too!

CAMSmama
03-20-2007, 02:43 PM
Me Too! reminds me that no matter what's going wrong in my life, someone will invariably have it worse, so I remember to count my blessings.