PDA

View Full Version : Microchip implants, the mark of the beast?

iluvmybaby
03-03-2007, 07:07 AM
Microchips are being implanted and being used now. Someone brought up a passage in revelations, I looked it up and this is what I found.

And [the Antichrist] causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor,
free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:

And that no man might buy or sell, save [except] he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six. Rev 13:16-18 KJV

What do you think? Sometimes I think the bible is quoted too much, on the other hand, the bible is supposed to be your guideline to life and should be used everyday as a refrence.

tngirl
03-03-2007, 07:31 AM
I read this also. The chip needs to be implanted in a fleshy area. The had and the head are too boney for the chip. This subject also came up when barcodes first came out. Everyone believed that we would get a barcode tattooed on us.

freeby4me
03-03-2007, 07:58 AM
Not having a religious aspect, I think a "chip" is an excellent idea. Think about this, having a chip implanted in children that could be tracked anywhere. No more missing kids. They could pin-point the exact location of a missing child. Now with that being said, they could also pin-point the exact location of anyone, for any reason that they would want so obviously there is a huge downside.
As for what TNGirl said, the hand and the head are way to boney so "the mark of the beast" I dont think would be the same thing.

sarcasm
03-03-2007, 08:51 AM
I do see the up-side to this whole thing. Everyone can be seen and criminals and kids can be tracked down. Great. Brilliant. But what about when they start making it to where we can no longer buy or sell without it. (in the Bible) and when we don't get it, we're like, total outcasts. It's sort of a 5050. In my English class, we were creating debate topics, like controversial things, and I mentioned this. My teacher felt the same way, and I don't think we can get any real strong love or hate here when we're still clueless. But I've heard that the supercomputer that runs all of these is called the Beast because it's so huge... and what else could be so subtle and hidden to be the mark?

ahippiechic
03-03-2007, 10:04 AM
Well, from what I've read, the mark of the beast would be on the hand or forehead and since this chip can't be implanted in those areas, seems like that would rule it out as the 'mark'.

I think they are a good idea, if used in the right way to locate missing children and pets, also to input medical info for emergencies. My 2 rotties were chipped and the last 3 cats we've had were as well. When one cat got out and was lost, 2 days later a vet across town called to tell me he had her and we went to pick her up. It was well worth the money to get our lost pet back. So I can imagine who great it would be to help locate missing children.

cpbaby
03-03-2007, 10:15 AM
I read a book not too long ago about a time in the not-too-distant future where in the USA people were basically divided by the "chipped" and "non-chipped". The rich could afford to have their children chipped(it was inserted into the soft spot within 2 weeks of birth) and the poor couldnt. If you were not chipped, you were not allowed into college, you were not allowed to hold certain jobs, you were not allowed certain privileges. The chipped could basically go anywhere and do anything. It made me think and, quite honestly, I can see how it could come about.

iluvmybaby
03-03-2007, 10:37 AM
I am not religious myself, I was trying to get other ppls opinions. I cant say it is "silly" for ppl who are religious to fear this as the mark of the beast, I do not see it as such

nightrider127
03-03-2007, 02:57 PM
I read a book not too long ago about a time in the not-too-distant future where in the USA people were basically divided by the "chipped" and "non-chipped". The rich could afford to have their children chipped(it was inserted into the soft spot within 2 weeks of birth) and the poor couldnt. If you were not chipped, you were not allowed into college, you were not allowed to hold certain jobs, you were not allowed certain privileges. The chipped could basically go anywhere and do anything. It made me think and, quite honestly, I can see how it could come about.

CPbaby, I would love to know the title of this book. Post please.

cpbaby
03-03-2007, 03:21 PM
CPbaby, I would love to know the title of this book. Post please.

If I knew, I would, lol. :p I read it back in the fall and I have probably read 100 books since then. It revolved around a guy who steals babies for rich clients who can afford a black market chip, but only the ones he deems "worthy". He steals from people who he thinks will be relieved that the baby is gone. He honestly thinks he is doing the baby a service by giving it a better life. And then he steals the wrong baby.......

I will see if I can find it. I swear there should be a website where you can put a synopsis of the plot in and it would return what matches.

Nanc952
03-03-2007, 04:36 PM

I too would like to read that book.
I am against the chips for the simple reason it is a good idea but the down side on being able to track everybody doing everything, I am against it. In the wrong hands we could all lose all our freedom. My Aunt had a family that lived in her house that got out of Germany during the war by hiding in ditches durning the day and traveling at night, now if they were chipped they would be dead. Something to think about before we give up another freedom.

stresseater
03-03-2007, 05:40 PM
Think about this, having a chip implanted in children that could be tracked anywhere. No more missing kids. They could pin-point the exact location of a missing child. Actually what they would be locating is the chip. Since these chips are implanted right under the skin it's not out of the realm of possibility for sickos who snatch kids to simply carve the chip out of the body and toss it away. They aren't chipping me or my kids for sure. ;)

Cowgirlie_in_Tennessee
03-03-2007, 06:05 PM
Actually what they would be locating is the chip. Since these chips are implanted right under the skin it's not out of the realm of possibility for sickos who snatch kids to simply carve the chip out of the body and toss it away. They aren't chipping me or my kids for sure. ;)

Oooooo I never thought of that...:eek:

ang in NC
03-04-2007, 08:38 AM
might be good for wondering husbands

cpbaby
03-04-2007, 05:45 PM
might be good for wondering husbands

And wandering husbands, too......:p ;)

ang in NC
03-04-2007, 06:18 PM
sorry for misspelling

cpbaby
03-04-2007, 07:17 PM
sorry for misspelling

LOL, I thought it made sense.
Im sorry if I hurt your feelings, I surely didnt mean to.

freeby4me
03-05-2007, 05:27 AM
Thats a good point about locating the chip and not the child. I was thinking more along the lines of the chips not being located in the exact same place, harder to get it, things like that. I think we are still a ways away from something like this.

Rosina823
03-05-2007, 09:05 AM
I think we need to be careful on what we let the goverment do to us.They are making all these stupid laws that we are voting on and they are just going to get worse..Pretty soon we may as well kiss are freedom goodbye!! As for micro chips...Would never let that happen.The goverment already knows too much about us as it is.They dont need to know where we are at all times.They all ready can look over everyone from satalite.That is enough in my eyes.I really dont think it is the mark of the beast though. Then again who knows right..