PDA

View Full Version : WLI Reservation SCAM!

sassiebabi
03-01-2007, 03:55 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I checked my banking account online today. I had a charge (per credit card) from WLI Reservations for $10. I called the bank to stop it and also search online for WLI Reservations (seen many links saying it was a scam). I gave them my name and told them that they were trying to scam me and that I wanted my name and c.c. taken off their records and to reimburse my $10.

They kept asking me for my email address, that they could not find my name in their computer. I told them they were trying to fraud people. If they had my name and somehow got my credit card to charge, then my name should be in their computer.

Anyway, if you start receiving emails from this ?company, please check your banking account to make sure they haven't gotten your name and banking account number or credit card number.

Thanks for listening and please beware!

YankeeMary
03-01-2007, 05:37 PM
Thanks for the heads up. Sorry this happened to you.

sdb_ngc
03-02-2007, 10:50 AM
Did some research and this is how the scam works:

-They are associated with a number of seemingly legitimate sites, including Fandango.com.
-At the conclusion of the transaction, there was an offer for "$10 off your next purchase".
-Apparently, accepting this offer, which we probably thought was from Fandango, authorized Fandango to give our credit card info to this "WLI Reservation Rewards" and initiate a $9 monthly fee.

read more about it here:
http://adam.rosi-kessel.org/weblog/the_man/webloyalty_sued.html