PDA

View Full Version : ready for bed but storm coming

buglebe
02-24-2007, 10:31 PM
Well, we are sitting here waiting for the storm. We have tornado watch out until 3 am and they are saying that will probably be extended. The storm is only about 100 miles away moving at 53 miles an hour. Usually I just go about my day and do what ever I had planned but I don't want to go to bed right when it is about time for it to hit. They say tornadoes are in the storm. That means going to the basement. Bedrooms are on the 3rd floor. I know this is not as bad as feet of snow or ice storms but tornadoes can be pretty scary too.

Fred12
02-24-2007, 10:34 PM
I think it is much worse than snow and ice and I would sleep in the basement lol

Be careful ~ I will say a prayer for you

Rosina823
02-24-2007, 10:41 PM
Tornados are nuch worse..Stay safe and stay in that basement..

MistyWolf
02-24-2007, 11:09 PM
I agree that tornado's are worse .. stay safe!

nanajoanie
02-25-2007, 11:44 AM
Well, we are sitting here waiting for the storm. We have tornado watch out until 3 am and they are saying that will probably be extended. The storm is only about 100 miles away moving at 53 miles an hour. Usually I just go about my day and do what ever I had planned but I don't want to go to bed right when it is about time for it to hit. They say tornadoes are in the storm. That means going to the basement. Bedrooms are on the 3rd floor. I know this is not as bad as feet of snow or ice storms but tornadoes can be pretty scary too.

Tornados are worse. Growing up in Grand Rapids, MI where it was a tornado alley, we spent many nights in the basement. Had cots down there and a cupboard full of food and emergency supplies. Didn't like the snow either when it about half buried the house, sorta like what is going on now in some parts of the country.

Could you or hubby take turns on the storm watch while the other one naps?

Unicornmom77
02-25-2007, 12:25 PM
Hope everything weathered well, and you are safe.

MistyWolf
02-25-2007, 01:10 PM
Hope everything weathered well, and you are safe.

Ditto .. let us know if your ok.

tljohn123
02-25-2007, 02:33 PM
Ahhh spring time is coming. Being in Central IL is tornado alley, and apparently, we also live on the San Madrid fault line.

Ok.....did the storm pass???