PDA

View Full Version : Could YOU .... ?

Jolie Rouge
02-24-2007, 02:33 PM
Could you shut down your computer for a day ??

"Shutdown Day:" March 24, 2007

It is obvious that people would find life extremely difficult without computers, maybe even impossible. If they disappeared for just one day, would we be able to cope?

Be a part of one of the biggest global experiments ever to take place on the internet. The idea behind the experiment is to find out how many people can go without a computer for one whole day, and what will happen if we all participate!

Shutdown your computer on this day and find out! Can you survive for 24 hours without your computer?

http://www.shutdownday.org/

pepperpot
02-24-2007, 03:27 PM
Yes, I could....but why would I want to?:p

loveswolfs
02-24-2007, 04:21 PM
I shut mine down while i am at work does that count?? :D

nanajoanie
02-24-2007, 06:09 PM
I had to shut mine down all last weekend - Fri. afternoon till Mon. night because of moving into the new house and waiting for roadrunner to reconnect in the new house. Fri. drove me nuts. But the weekend I was too busy to think about it. But Mon. I kept watching the clock and the windows for the cable guy to arrive.

cpbaby
02-24-2007, 08:10 PM
I went without internet for 2 weeks this past fall when I switched from DSL to cable. This past week I barely got online at all because my TiVo uses an internet connection and I didnt have a router so the computer got shuffled to the bottom of the order. I often go a couple of days without being online more than 10-15 minutes a day, so why would shutting it off for awhile be any different?

dv8grl
02-24-2007, 10:10 PM
I could and I probably will on that day.. what the heck, its just a day....

I could READ or spend time in the yard!

MistyWolf
02-24-2007, 11:11 PM
Yeah I could .. I shut down everytime I go offline .. lol!!

Seriously though, I could do it .. do every year for 2 weeks when I go on vacation and don't think about it.

Unicornmom77
02-25-2007, 01:10 AM
Easy... There is so much more to life than this machine.

Pepsi4me
02-25-2007, 05:49 AM
Who started this shut down day? Someone on the internet?

I could do it but why do it when someone I dont even know says hey lets all shut down our computers for a day.:rolleyes:

kyswpgrl
02-25-2007, 08:39 AM
Hmmm...well I said no because I like to check my email and what's going on at several message boards I frequent. Not to mention we do use it in my household for news, research purposes, kids games, and much more. If I were already busy that day then I would have no problem doing so. Now if it were a weekday, that would be impossible because 90% of my work is done on a computer.

newwiccan
02-25-2007, 10:47 AM
I didn't turn mine on at all for 2 days this week so I can do it.