PDA

View Full Version : Fractured nose & hand

Tasha405
02-22-2007, 08:49 PM
That's what my 15 yr old son came home from school with today. Actually he went to school with it and the school called us after he got there to come and get him and take him to the hospital.

He got into a fight on the way to the bus stop this morning. All over a boy hitting him with a snowball yesterday. :rolleyes: He came home yesterday all pissed off over the boy hitting him with a snowball and wanted to go fight him right then and there. I told him that the boy was probably just playing around and told him to just drop it for now and let me know if anything else happened and we'd take care of it. (by talking to the kid or his parents)

Well that wasn't good enough for my son so he confronted the boy this morning. He told the boy that he better not ever throw anything else at him and the boy smarted off to my son so my son punched to boy in the face, instantly breaking his hand. The boy then hit my son back and got him into a headlock and beat him in the face, breaking his nose and putting a few gashes on my sons face. My son couldn't fight him back because of the broke hand, so he done a number on my sons face. His eye is blacked and swelled like crazy, he can barely see out of it now.

I knew it was coming though. My son seems to think he's 10 feet tall and 10 feet wide. He would honestly tell you that nothing and no one scared him and that he could whip anyone and everyone. No one would ever whip him. That was what he thought and didn't care to tell anyone. Well I hope he learned today that its just not so. I've told him many times that he will one day meet his match and that he would smart off to the wrong one and he would knock him down a few notches. Of course he didn't think so but it happened today. As soon as he seen me he said he learned his lesson and that he knows now he's not as bad as he thought he was. Let's just see how long that lesson sticks.

I can't stand for someone to be so big headed like that and I tried to warn him that one day it would happen. Too bad he didn't seem to think so. :rolleyes:

He goes Monday for a cast on his hand/arm and to see en Ear, Nose and Throat doctor about his nose. Not sure what they'll do for his nose. Its really crooked.

Ugh, kids! Why do they always think they know it all?

I hate to see my kid hurt like that but I knew it would happen.

MistyWolf
02-22-2007, 09:03 PM
So sorry Tasha .. but your right, sounds like he met his match. Hope things don't get worse between the 2 of them!

tsquared
02-22-2007, 09:05 PM
Awwwwwwwww you know us boys will be boys.........
Hope your son has learned his lesson and he is not hurt too badly.

mamalamas
02-22-2007, 09:09 PM
Hope he is doing well!

ang in NC
02-22-2007, 09:57 PM
He will feel it when he gets in his 40's and his hand and nose hurts

tommyjo
02-22-2007, 10:25 PM
Awwwwwwwww you know us boys will be boys.........
Hope your son has learned his lesson and he is not hurt too badly.

as a mother of 6, all over 24 now, t is soo right

PrincessArky
02-23-2007, 05:56 AM
hope he is feeling better :)

andreame70
02-23-2007, 06:16 AM
Oh Tasha, I am so sorry to hear about your son. Bless your heart, you tried to tell him. Why can't they listen!?! I will bet you that after this, he and the boy will make amends and they will probably tun out to be good friends. Believe it or not, that really happens a lot of times. They get their manly aggressions out, see and feel the damage they have done and end up with some kind of mutual respect for one another. I watched my older brother go through this when he was a teenager. He thought he was bullet-proof till he met his match one day. They traded blows till they were bloody and bruised. After cleaning up, they shook hands and to this day remain good friends, that was 20 something years ago. Guys can really be something else. Best of luck to your son. I hope that he learned a valuable lesson and I also hope that he and the other boy can call it a tie and move on to more important things.

Andrea

Tasha405
02-23-2007, 08:41 AM
Oh Tasha, I am so sorry to hear about your son. Bless your heart, you tried to tell him. Why can't they listen!?! I will bet you that after this, he and the boy will make amends and they will probably tun out to be good friends. Believe it or not, that really happens a lot of times. They get their manly aggressions out, see and feel the damage they have done and end up with some kind of mutual respect for one another. I watched my older brother go through this when he was a teenager. He thought he was bullet-proof till he met his match one day. They traded blows till they were bloody and bruised. After cleaning up, they shook hands and to this day remain good friends, that was 20 something years ago. Guys can really be something else. Best of luck to your son. I hope that he learned a valuable lesson and I also hope that he and the other boy can call it a tie and move on to more important things.

Andrea
That's exactly what Chris and this boy done! Chris said he shook the boys hand and told him congrats for being the first person to ever kick his butt. Its crazy but I hope they can work it all out and let it go. Chris said they are friends now. lol

ajksmom
02-23-2007, 12:05 PM
Tasha the similarities between your son and mine are erie!!! My soon to be 15 year old thought the same thing until a boy jumped him on the bus and blacked his eye and swelled his jaw, but for once my son actually did not do anything (I have witnesses or would not believe it) and the boy jumped him from behind and my son got him after the first two sucker punches. The state is acually pressing charges against that boy eventhough my son refused to press them. Sorry to ramble on in you thread, I really hope you son is doing okay and doesn't take too awfuly long to heal up.

andreame70
02-23-2007, 07:41 PM
That's exactly what Chris and this boy done! Chris said he shook the boys hand and told him congrats for being the first person to ever kick his butt. Its crazy but I hope they can work it all out and let it go. Chris said they are friends now. lol

That is so funny! I told ya! LMAO.

Andrea