PDA

View Full Version : Jenks Schools Use LobbyGuard To Keep Bad Guys Out

buttrfli
02-22-2007, 08:20 PM
This is really neat, and inexpensive considering how well it works.

~

Jenks - One school district is going to the limit to make sure your children are safe. Jenks Public Schools is installing computers to check you out before you can visit inside the school. NewsChannel 8's Kim Jackson went to Jenks to learn more about the system.

You have to have a driver's license. And, within seconds, it runs a background check. If you fail the background check, the police will show up within minutes. And, it's already happened.

For 30 days, Jenks tried out the lobby guard system. Parents had to swipe their drivers licenses to get inside. But then, it paid off when they caught one bad guy after another.

"We captured a volunteer that was a sex offender that had volunteered for Jenks Public Schools for some time by running them through the system," says Dean Burke. "We found out they were a sex offender."

Burke installed the system and says they caught two sex offenders. One was a parent.

"To me, that would be, I know it's worth it," says parent Debbie Pearson. "I don't have to think, but I know it's worth it."

Jenks is putting these lobby guards in all twenty school buildings. And now, even familiar parents like Debbie have to stop at the lobby first.

"I think every school should have them," she says. "Those kind of people don't need to be in the school."

Anyone, even people on business, have to sign in. And pass or fail, within seconds.

"It's a huge deterrent," Burke says. "If you have a record, don't come to Jenks Public Schools. That's what it says.

Once you have been cleared, you get a badge printed off. And, when you're done, you have to sign out. The lobby guards cost about six thousand dollars.

http://www.ktul.com/news/stories/0207/399762.html

Jolie Rouge
02-22-2007, 09:16 PM
I would denfinately be willing to sell to raise funds for that !

( Where is Jenks ? )

JKATHERINE
02-23-2007, 06:37 AM
What a great idea! I wish they had those around here.

buttrfli
02-23-2007, 07:07 AM
I would denfinately be willing to sell to raise funds for that !

( Where is Jenks ? )

Jenks is in Oklahoma. Its an outflow city of where I live.

I would also be willing to buy and sell for one of these. Makes you wonder how many parents that come to the school everyday are sex offenders. I am sure its not a high number, but one is too many.

duplicateg
02-26-2007, 03:40 PM
Actually the founders of the technology is Raptor Technologies. The LobbyGuard is over 3 times more expensive than vSoft. Both of these companies do great work in keeping children safe but Raptor does go the extra mile and are not "in it" just for the money!!

Signed,

My 2 cents.