PDA

View Full Version : Snow

loveswolfs
02-22-2007, 05:25 PM
Ok who is sending me this crap this time ? We had such nice weather the last few days even hit 50 one day..all the snow is all most gone and now we got this dang storm heading this way ..

The NWS in milwaukee/sullivan has issued a winter storm watch, which is in effect from Saturday evening through Sunday afternoon.
While some accumulating snow, possibly mixed with sleet or freezing rain, is expected Friday night into Saturday, the heavy snowfall will begin Saturday night and continue into Sunday afternoon. Total accumulations in excess of 6 inches are expected. In addition, gusty easterly winds of 20 to 30 mph will result in considerable blowing and drifting snow Saturday night and Sunday morning. Visibilities will drop to one-fourth to one-half mile.
A winter storm watch is issued when heavy snow, sleet, or freezing rain is expected to accumulate to levels that will cause major impacts to commerce and society.

Guess i wont be going to work on Sunday not worth it to drive in that stuff to only work 4 hours...I so want spring...

DreamWarrior
02-22-2007, 05:59 PM
heh, you are gonna get it after we do... I live in north central Iowa and we are under a winter storm watch from tomorrow night into saturday.. they say we MIGHT get at least 6 inches... I personally hope its much less... like NONE!! LOL

loveswolfs
02-22-2007, 06:07 PM
I was hoping that too lol..they said it depened on which way the storm was headed..we could either get nothing but rain or the snow. Guess the snow won. Maybe we will get lucky and it will pass both of us by :D

tsquared
02-22-2007, 06:08 PM
supposed to come in here sat morning high winds and 6 inches plus

LuvBigRip
02-23-2007, 09:19 AM
Expecting snow here in CO today. I was enjoying this pre-spring weather we were having. All my fault though, I washed my car. :rolleyes:

teenies*mom
02-23-2007, 10:52 AM
I'm sending it ALL your way - LOL - we are supposed to get 6 or so inches tonight too and then change over to freezing rain - Oh Goody~! - just what we need here in Upstate New York.

catdance
02-23-2007, 12:02 PM
Minneapolis is suppose to get hit hard, good and bad..good we are in a drought, but, it is a hassle but maybe they will close my school, on Monday so that would be OK with me.
But we have been passed over on many snow threats..so who knows, but the wind sure has picked up...(sigh)

amysusi
02-23-2007, 02:59 PM
I think it's me. We were up to 61 yesterday, and now we're getting about 8 inches today.

LuvBigRip
02-23-2007, 03:00 PM
It just started snowing.

tngirl
02-23-2007, 03:46 PM
:eek: Dang, and we have thunderstorms starting tonight and only a high of 60 tomorrow:mad:

Sorry guys! :D Just couldn't help it. I have been waiting for the warm weather. The daffodils started blooming this week.

loveswolfs
02-23-2007, 04:05 PM
Well now they say we might not get the rain but we will be getting 12 inchs of snow...i all ready told my boss im not coming in on Sunday i will be trying to dig my self out lol...it was crazy at work today too..and only 2 of us and im not even a checker but was today lol..

debralu
02-23-2007, 07:09 PM
Well... I hate to mention it... BUT,... it's been in the mid-80's here all winter. :) The coldest it has been here since my arrival was 73 degrees... sometime in the middle of the night... according to my I/O weather monitor. (Sorry... but I just HAD to throw that out there.) And every day there's a 30% chance of rain.... somewhere on the island... usually not here.

I would highly recommend St. Croix to anyone who wants to get away from snow and cold. :D

mom_i_am
02-24-2007, 09:31 AM
:( they are saying we could get a half inch of ice, an inch of sleet and 6 to 8 inches of snow. Where oh where is spring?

queenangie
02-24-2007, 01:26 PM
Please keep that snow up north!

We still have snow from last week, but it has been raining today 34* with 21 mph winds. Brrrr! I am hoping it will all melt. Still have patches of black ice which are very dangerous.

I have 3 sisters in WI, Loveswolves! Small world.
I talked to two of them last night and they are expecting 12" of snow this weekend, many events have been canceled for the weekend.

Stay warm and stay safe!

loveswolfs
02-24-2007, 04:05 PM
Well got up this morning to find 6 inchs of snow in my drive way and i had to go to work. glad i got a mini van now i just gunned it to get out lol...Got to work to find out that the owner had called and said they will be closing the store tomorrow,woo hoo they never close for any thing. so i wont feel bad about going in.

Blizzard warning now in effect until 6 pm cst Sunday.
The blizzard warning is now in effect until 6 pm cst Sunday.
Snow is expected to gradually overspread all of southern wisconsin this evening. Areas from marquette through ozaukee county and points north will see the snow kick in the last due to lingering dry air, but the rest of southern wisconsin will see snow develop rapidly this evening. Some sleet may be mixed in with the snow at times. The snow will become heavy tonight. Snowfall expected tonight through Sunday will be in the 7 to 14 inch range.
In addition, strong east winds will gust to 40 mph at times resulting in blizzard conditions with visibilities reduced to less than one quarter mile at times. The strongest winds are expected tonight into Sunday morning.
A blizzard warning is issued when sustained winds or frequent gusts of 35 mph or more will combine with falling and/or blowing snow to result in near whiteout conditions with visibilities around 1/4 mile or less for 3 hours or more.
This will be a very dangerous situation. If you leave the safety of indoors, you are putting your life at risk. Travel is not recommended tonight and Sunday.*

Hay the weather channel ppl are in the city covering our storm..how cool lol..

peanut92973
02-24-2007, 08:04 PM
same here in michigan. i have to be to work at 6am thank god it's only a block in a half away but it will still be bad.